test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Starship Upgrades

Comments

• gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    You know, the more I read the blog, the less I'm understanding why there needs to be a T5-U at all. Why not just offer an upgrade module to FULL T6? So long as the costs are the same (buying T5 + Fleet Module + T6 Upgrade Module vs. buying new Tier 6), what's the difference?

So if (as an example) a Tier 6 ship is going to cost $30, you have 2 options;

1. Spend $30 on Tier 6 ship
    2. Spend $20 for C-Store ship + $5 for Fleet Module + $5 for T6 Upgrade

Both equal the same thing. This way people could keep the ships they like and those who like the new designs can buy them.

I find nothing wrong with what you say. (even if I did, so what?) I, personally, don't want to pay for an upgrade. But if it's to full T6, I would reconsider.
    signature.png
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    You know, the more I read the blog, the less I'm understanding why there needs to be a T5-U at all. .

Except that Tier 6 ships are the only way to level up ship specialization to get an Active Ship trait. If they make every ship Tier 6, then they would have to come up with a unique Level 5 Ship Specialization Active Trait for every ship. That is ALOT od work. As it is they limited thier work to just getting Ship specializations to Level 4, which means 4 passive abilities, for each ship that gets T5-U10 and T5-U11. That is an enormous amount of work on it's own. Lets not work the poor guys to death. Especially if they plan on realease this is just weeks from now.

Let them see how this goes, it means that if things go well they can always add the T5 upgrades to T6 at a slower pace as time goes by.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They've already said what the upgrade plan is, and full T6 is not it. People should be grateful their tired T5/Fleet ships are getting an upgrade and stat boost at all. No other tier of ship ever has and they could have just as easily said no this time too.

Give an inch, want a mile,... some people are just never happy.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    They've already said what the upgrade plan is, and full T6 is not it. People should be grateful their tired T5/Fleet ships are getting an upgrade and stat boost at all. No other tier of ship ever has and they could have just as easily said no this time too.

Give an inch, want a mile,... some people are just never happy.
    Yeah man, cryptic needs to just suck up the lack of buying activity until a full T6 line-up is ready
    edited August 2014
    sisteric wrote: »
    Except that Tier 6 ships are the only way to level up ship specialization to get an Active Ship trait. If they make every ship Tier 6, then they would have to come up with a unique Level 5 Ship Specialization Active Trait for every ship. That is ALOT od work. As it is they limited thier work to just getting Ship specializations to Level 4, which means 4 passive abilities, for each ship that gets T5-U10 and T5-U11. That is an enormous amount of work on it's own. Lets not work the poor guys to death. Especially if they plan on realease this is just weeks from now.

Let them see how this goes, it means that if things go well they can always add the T5 upgrades to T6 at a slower pace as time goes by.

How much work Cryptic/PWE has/have to do is not the player's responsibility or problem. Neither is their means of making money. They can always push back the release date if necessary. Cryptic/PWE is not entitled to anything from us. But, I do think waiting is a wise choice is this matter.
    signature.png
  • rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Actually they don't. They only need convert the console ability each C-Store ship comes with to the active ability. That would satisfy so many others just to have a way to earn back that console slot for those who really like those console abilities that come locked to specific T5 ships.

All the brainstorming and coding the ability into the game ha been done, they just need to add code to give the option to use it without the console equipped.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited August 2014

How much work Cryptic/PWE has/have to do is not the player's responsibility or problem. Neither is their means of making money. They can always push back the release date if necessary. Cryptic/PWE is not entitled to anything from us. But, I do think waiting is a wise choice is this matter.

I rather them delay the launch and scrap this upgrade idea AND THOSE T6 SHIPS. Again Cryptic, PWE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.
  • origin350rorigin350r Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I normally avoid forums, but this whole T6 and T5-FU thing has forced me to log in to something other than the game itself.

I honestly don't know why they're not offering a PAID complete T6 upgrade to any ship in the game. I get it that they want to make money...but their model for doing so is rather terrible.

Clearly T6 and T6 content will cause people to buy ships...no question. But why limit it to the new designs that look like ships from Tron universe mated with ships from Battlestar Galactica universe?

Let people pay to completely convert any ship in the game to T6...and don't give me the "cannon" argument. This game is so far from cannon at this point that I don't even consider it Trek any more.

You want a T6 Miranda? Sure, that'll be 3000 Zen to upgrade.
    A T6 Galaxy-X you say? Sure, that'll be 3000 Zen to upgrade.
    You actually like the T6 Tronstargalactica ships? Sure, That'll be 3000 Zen.

If you let people use the hulls that they want to use...you'll make MORE money. If cosmetics are not a way to make money, then why do we have 50 billion different uniforms that all cost 500 Zen to unlock? Why is this a difficult concept?
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    Greetings,
    As the upgrade tab has been revealed, upgraded T5 ships shall not have half of things T6 shall have. (It has not be told if the tab shown in the blog is applied to the C-Store ships) Also, I think those unique T6 ship features are the most important and shall be a requirement to play PvP.

There is no way to call it any good as the players are paying not only for the stats but for the looks too.

Please, request a proper T6 upgrade for the existing T5 ships. Most of them are canon and are the nicest ships in the game. If the developers are holding those unique functions to force people to buy proper T6 ships, why simply not to rise the price of the T5 ship upgrade? Make it to cost 2000 zen to upgrade T5 ship, or even 2500, but to have a proper upgrade.

Thanks

It's amazing how you know they will be a requirement for PvP when no info on them has been released! You must work for Cryptic and know what we don't right? Or you know a dev who is leaking information?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They always say how they want the game to be easy to understand for new players blah blah blah. Splitting one tier of ships into 5* different tiers in essence is very complicated. And imagine what happens when there are fleet T6 ships and upgrades for those and their standard versions ! Madness !

* T5 non-upgradable, T5, T5-F, T5-U and T5-FU :D
    edited August 2014

It may not be our responsibility but it is our problem. If they keep pushing back a release date, then eventually people will leave out pure boredom of nothing new to do. WOW is currently suffering from that as they haven't released anything new in nearly 2 years. and they have lost around 1 million subs. STO doesn't have those numbers, from all indications, and so can't afford long delays between content release, or they will suffer the same problem as WOW and loose not only subs, but people able to buy something new from the c-store.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)

• buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wow man, you really are stupid. a MU T5 ships vs T6. using current tiers as example MU would be T4 while T6 will be Fleet ship. You run that test and see how well you do. a T4 vs fleet.

Wow man, insulting and completely ignorant. YOU said you were using mirror ships now when the highest is Fleet, meaning mirror ships against T5.5 ships. I said using Fleet vs T6, or T5.5 vs T6. Dont even understand how you could possibly claim Fleet ships are T6 right now when T6 doesnt even exist.

Mirror ships have a SIGNIFICANT stat and console difference against Fleet ships while Fleet ships will have identical stats and consoles to T6, missing only the 13th boff and non-performance gimmicks.

YOU are the one running T4 (mirror) ships against Fleet ships right now, not me. Or you were lying this whole time.
    edited August 2014
    It may not be our responsibility but it is our problem. If they keep pushing back a release date, then eventually people will leave out pure boredom of nothing new to do. WOW is currently suffering from that as they haven't released anything new in nearly 2 years. and they have lost around 1 million subs. STO doesn't have those numbers, from all indications, and so can't afford long delays between content release, or they will suffer the same problem as WOW and loose not only subs, but people able to buy something new from the c-store.

Lol. People are already leaving out of pure boredom. That's inevitable at this point. :)
    signature.png
    edited August 2014
    rachel1018 wrote: »
    Actually they don't. They only need convert the console ability each C-Store ship comes with to the active ability. That would satisfy so many others just to have a way to earn back that console slot for those who really like those console abilities that come locked to specific T5 ships.

All the brainstorming and coding the ability into the game ha been done, they just need to add code to give the option to use it without the console equipped.

If they did that, then you get the problem of TRIBBLE with people builds. You also make it so that they can't create sets based on getting combinations of these consoles and the powers that are granted from that.

The amount of work they would have to do to change the code to make that happen would be enourmous too. It's not that simple.

I am not a game coder, but I am a System Admininstrator and Admin Administrator for three different Private Colleges. And the amount of coding just to change things for one person to do something new can get lengthy at times.

They know the code of this better than we do. Let them make the changes in a timely fashion. And then adjust over time to make thinks right.

• marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow so many of us slaved for weeks or shelled out a lot of money on lockbox/lobi ships and bugships, to not have them be top tier anymore for free is unacceptable, this is a huge rip-off and is not going to encourage us to buy new ships it will encourage people to leave.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited August 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    Wow man, insulting and completely ignorant. YOU said you were using mirror ships now when the highest is Fleet, meaning mirror ships against T5.5 ships. I said using Fleet vs T6, or T5.5 vs T6. Dont even understand how you could possibly claim Fleet ships are T6 right now when T6 doesnt even exist.

Mirror ships have a SIGNIFICANT stat and console difference against Fleet ships while Fleet ships will have identical stats and consoles to T6, missing only the 13th boff and non-performance gimmicks.

YOU are the one running T4 (mirror) ships against Fleet ships right now, not me. Or you were lying this whole time.

Would you agree a T3 ship has significally less stats and consoles and BOFF's than a Scimitar? And yet I PVP'ed with my T3 Klingon ship with my Kling ENg against a Scimitar and our team won. It was a close fight. And I did better than some of the T5 ships that were in the fight. I was middle of the pack in kills and had less death's than anyone else.

Ship Tiers and Skill all affect the experience. But Skill can make up for lack of Tiers. And gear loadout can make a diffence too when it comes to Ship Tiers.

I See the T6 being the same flying a fleet ship verus current content. And I don't have a single fleet ship and do very well with my free ships. I can even consistantly get 3rd place in the current CE event with my Gorn Engineer flying the Risian Luxury Cruiser. And it's not fully decked out with purple XII weapons or gear. Nor does it have any complete sets. But I do know how to use what I have put together on that ship very well.

Putting in the time and planing will make any ship competative to any other ship. When looking at ships with One or two Tiers of each other. Loadouts and Skill will be more determinate as factor.

edited August 2014
    Lol. People are already leaving out of pure boredom. That's inevitable at this point. :)

I don't that as fact, but I can agree that a certain amount of Boredom has crept into this due to lack of challenging content and the trend towards grinding for things overall.

And that crafting is not very casual friendly, and any number of other bigger issues that are out there than gear progression.

:D

edited August 2014

but what's better. a delay for a bit or a patch release that NO ONE WANTS? I think the answer is obivous. people are leaving the game now with what they know Greed Rising is bring to the game.
  • lionsilverlionsilver Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Wow so many of us slaved for weeks or shelled out a lot of money on lockbox/lobi ships and bugships, to not have them be top tier anymore for free is unacceptable, this is a huge rip-off and is not going to encourage us to buy new ships it will encourage people to leave.

Eh...they're free to upgrade, just not tier 6, but arguably lower value T5U.
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I won't use a ship that dose not appeal to me regardless of the awesome bells and whistles. If I cannot pay to upgrade the T5 ship I want, then Star Trek Online, as a consumer product, has gone where no business model has ever survived!

Remember New Coke? That worked real well, didn't it!

Brody Tos Veterans
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's more than that. 50 is a complete lie. But, whatever. It's not like anybody will listen to them, or anyone for that matter. It seems any time someone disagrees with this "change" you and your buddies jump all over them as if they're the bad guy. They have a right to speak their mind and not be berated by defenders of cryptic/PWE... Including me. The forums are suppose to be a place where people can speak their mind and not be subjected to your guys' behavior. I won't name names, but you know who you are, and if you don't, someone else will eventually tell you.

Not sure where in my post I jumped on anyone as being the "bad guy," I'm merely pointing out that the forums represent a very small portion of the STO community, either way. This is by far not the "mass majority" that you seem to think it is.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
    edited August 2014
    ravin wrote: »
    Not sure where in my post I jumped on anyone as being the "bad guy," I'm merely pointing out that the forums represent a very small portion of the STO community, either way. This is by far not the "mass majority" that you seem to think it is.

I don't "think" it is. I know it is, and there are plenty of people both in the forums and in-game that feel exactly the same way.
    You, personally, might not have been getting on people's cases but there were many with similar reasoning and ideas as yours that were. So I apologize for putting guilt by association on you. :)
    signature.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you fly any Fleet ships? Yes?
    Did you buy the Standard version first (even if it was just for the discount for multiple toons to buy Fleet versions)? Yes?
    What's your complaint then?

No, All my toons fly event reward ships, and only ONE gets a no-cost upgrade. The others must actually BUY a fleet version before they're eligible for an upgrade. But at least my NON-FLEET version ship incites massive rage in ESTF's which is about the only fun I still have in STO.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Captains, there is quite enough going on in this thread without going off-topic. Please stay on topic and refrain from any discussion about what the 'majority' is or anything else not directly related to the T5 upgrades.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited August 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Captains, there is quite enough going on in this thread without going off-topic. Please stay on topic and refrain from any discussion about what the 'majority' is or anything else not directly related to the T5 upgrades.

That, of all things, is what you consider off topic? ......wow. The "discussion" was on the amount of opinions and ideas on the Tier 5 upgrades. Which is exactly what Smirk did/does to give feedback to the developers. That is still on-topic. There have been remarks about ship superiority outside of the upgrade. How is that, on-topic?
    signature.png
  • madmoomoomadmoomoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    B.S.!!!!

This isn't so much a game anymore as a Product... I am tired of being Nickle'd and Dime'd for every half baked feature...

THE DREADNAUGHT COST 20$ !!!

That is 20 dollars... for the ship...Alone... and your going to cahrge me what... Another 5 dollars to upgrade it so it can keep up with the new expanion? That is not balanced ITS EXTORTION.
    edited August 2014
    madmoomoo wrote: »
    B.S.!!!!

This isn't so much a game anymore as a Product... I am tired of being Nickle'd and Dime'd for every half baked feature...

THE DREADNAUGHT COST 20$ !!!

That is 20 dollars... for the ship...Alone... and your going to cahrge me what... Another 5 dollars to upgrade it so it can keep up with the new expanion? That is not balanced ITS EXTORTION.

I agree with you, but not to diminish your opinion, Fleet ships are more of a cash grab than Dreadnoughts. 2000 zen(C-Store ship) + 500zen (Fleet Ship Module) +500 zen (half upgrade) = 3000 zen. 500 zen > 2500 zen to upgrade your Dreadnought. Either way, I agree with you and feel, as it has been put before, Zynga-licious
    signature.png
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do not have problem whit the T6 ship i`me glad but i do thing that the T5-U and the T5-FU
    need to have access full Ship Mastery (the very least the T5 Canon ships) and not to have it to the new doff because there not build for thews (teaching babel).
    I do like the idea that ship can increase the levels and get new skills and get batter over time for the fuhrer i`ts going to be easy to upgrade them and revamp them so cryptic get points for this :)
    edited August 2014
    ravin wrote: »

when this first came out there was a substancally drop in active players. i say it's more then a small minority that hates this idea.
  • ensignswensonensignswenson Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »

Looks pretty on topic to me...the MAJORITY of us vet players who have put in serious money to support this game think this kind of financial extortion is complete horsesh!t.