Install Arc
Options

RE: Tier 6 ships

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Just speculating, but I don't see them allowing existing ships to upgrade to full Tier 6. There would be little incentive to buy any of the new ones then. My WAG is that you'll be able to upgrade to match hull/resistances/turn etc. along with console and BOFF stations, but you won't be able to take advantage of unique Tier 6 BOFF abilities and such. You'll need to buy a full Tier 6 to get all those things, which is fine by me so long as there are full Tier 6 versions of the hero ships.

I know. I just keep repeating this whenever the opportunity presents itself in some last remainder of hope that it could finally "click" the lightbulb over their heads if it's not completely broken by now and take this into consideration before they launch 'Delta Rising'.

I think it's fair to say that they don't care wheather we buy their "new" ships or their "old" ships as long as they get the money. If a new T6 ship is 3k Zen and a Galaxy Clas upgrade to full T6 costs 3k Zen as well, they won't care about our incentives to buy new or old ships. And that's what I'm fighting for here.
    Not being able to upgarde the current ships to full T6 regardless of price is nothing more than a stupid arbitrary decision made by someone who thinks he had a good idea, when in fact he had an incredibly dumb idea.

That's why I said they could either make money from me, or not. I would upgrade the ships I love, even for the price of a new T6 ship. I won't pay the price to be forced out of my belloved starships into Cryptic's "flavour of the month" hot-rod. No deal there.
    I'll just use my T5's and watch other people come here and whine to Cryptic that T5 users are "slowing them down" in STFs and such.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    Not only am I interested, I can't wait for them to come out.

I quit playing Fed a long time ago...about when the Romulans came out ;)

SO, I am getting a really cool looking T6 Warbird really soon. It kind of looks like a DRAGON. Scales and all. Just look at those wings!!

Sorry you Feddites are getting a flying scalloped potato.

Congrats to my Klingittes who're getting a great looking ship too!!

Are you stunned??? do you realize that "warbird" is exactly like the Dhelan, right? but just a bit bigger??

Seriously, some of you just want to buy things no matter what. Im not surprised this game is not evolving.. the opposite.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yea...

If the improvements over current free T5 ships is worth the justification to spend Zen on a ship.

I only fly free T5 and the mirror ships because T5.5 ships do not offer enough improvements for me to justify spending 2,500 Zen (more for the packs).
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I know. I just keep repeating this whenever the opportunity presents itself in some last remainder of hope that it could finally "click" the lightbulb over their heads if it's not completely broken by now and take this into consideration before they launch 'Delta Rising'.

I think it's fair to say that they don't care wheather we buy their "new" ships or their "old" ships as long as they get the money. If a new T6 ship is 3k Zen and a Galaxy Clas upgrade to full T6 costs 3k Zen as well, they won't care about our incentives to buy new or old ships. And that's what I'm fighting for here.
    Not being able to upgarde the current ships to full T6 regardless of price is nothing more than a stupid arbitrary decision made by someone who thinks he had a good idea, when in fact he had an incredibly dumb idea.

That's why I said they could either make money from me, or not. I would upgrade the ships I love, even for the price of a new T6 ship. I won't pay the price to be forced out of my belloved starships into Cryptic's "flavour of the month" hot-rod. No deal there.
    I'll just use my T5's and watch other people come here and whine to Cryptic that T5 users are "slowing them down" in STFs and such.

Bravo man, and well said! *claps*
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not too keen on the ship costumes we have seen so far - especially the Fed ship.

I would like to continue flying a ship that looks like the Galaxy class/Galaxy Dreadnaught. If I have to pay to upgrade it so that its stats are more or less equal to T6 ships - fine.

But I come here to play a Star Trek MMO, not a generic space game. I want to fly a pretty looking canon ship, and not a Cryptic original design. No offense is intended, they just don't look right to me.

I hope that I will be able to do this, and not be forced to fly a Cryptic design if I want to stay even remotely competitive.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    1) This game, itself, is "outside of canon."

2) The ship under discussion does, in fact, have a saucer, though its overall configuration is unique.

3) There are plenty of examples of canon Federation designs that violate established "rules" of ship design. The Oberth, Defiant, and Steamrunner spring to mind as prominent examples.

Understood.

1. since when? if true why have the cry baby connie lovers not gotten what they want yet?

2. i know

3. which of those are flagship cruisers? not the same class of ships
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They never said you HAD to buy a T6 Ship. The only reason I'm buying my rommie a T6 is because he needs a ship and the scimitar and I don't get along.

I'm keeping my Fleet Mogh, I'm keeping my Vesta. Nothing more needs to be discussed. If you don't want one, don't buy it. But don't sit there and whine abour "We're forced to." They're not putting a proverbial gun to your head.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have no interest in the new Tier #6 ships. I am however interested in the Tier #5 Upgrades. The new ships (the Federation one especially) doesn't look like anything the Federation would design, and I play this game because it has a Star Trek title. If I wanted to fly non-looking Trek ships, I'd go play Star Wars or Eve or something.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    1. since when? if true why have the cry baby connie lovers not gotten what they want yet?

2. i know

3. which of those are flagship cruisers? not the same class of ships

Star Trek canon consists of the TV shows and films, nothing more. Just because the game isn't canon doesn't mean there are no licensing restrictions from CBS, however.

Who said the T6 ships are going to be the flagship?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's even if you could grind it all over again for the Wells. Sure, you could slot the Starship Trait you unlocked...but the actual Mastery? Will it be something that you can do on the Wells even if there is a pseudo upgrade sort of thing available for it? The blog created more questions than it answered...meh.

Every time you comment, it's very depressing and motivates me to consider uninstalling. :(

The update should be settled on except for the final coding. I really wish we could get a straight answer on these very important questions from the Cryptic staff. This vagueness is very unfair.
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I mentioned in another thread I think that the artists are getting burned out trying to come up with federation looking designs after all there is only so many ways that you can get the "pizza cutter" look. Besides the Enterprise-J is how many centuries ahead of STO?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    As I mentioned in another thread, the Fed ship at least looks like it was made from Lego and papercraft.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »

Who said the T6 ships are going to be the flagship?

got me on this one. i was guessing from the size of the thing is all atleast for feddy bears.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited August 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    according to the little press release we got up to now, YOU CAN!

But the question now is whether you will be able to get these coveted Starship Mastery Traits by driving a pre-DR ship? Common Sense tells me that it should be logical. Past experience with Cryptic tells me otherwise.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The story has nothing to do with Star Trek (yes yes, the names are the same but this is not Star Trek)
    The ships not even look like a Star Trek anymore.

So again, why this game is call STAR TREK online?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Honestly, if a ship visual prevents you from playing a ship, there are bigger problems at hand.

I disagree, if I don't like the look of a ship I won't buy it, I would be the one having to look at it, it is my character.... But I have nothing against cryptic adding their own designs.... Someone is bound to love them. I won't be buying that particular ship though.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited August 2014
    Now that I know how much the appearance of this ship enrages you trekkies, I'll be sure to buy one!
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have some vague interest in the KDF and the Romulan designs we've seen so far.

One or both may well go on my wish list.

The Fed ship though.....god, no.

Let me see if I can say this clearly.......

....it doesn't look, even slightly, like a star fleet ship.

I could live with the saucer and the hull, but those nacelles are horrible.

And, given this is a star trek game, i have no interest in flying generic space ship design number six.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    They're not putting a proverbial gun to your head.

Cryptic Devs: "Your crew requires a T6 ship to survive. I will create a new line of necessary ships to show you my resolve and if your's still holds I will make your current ships difficult to use in the expansion. And as you see your beloved ship explode over and over again, you will feel the inevitable urge to open your wallets to spend fifty dollars to buy a T6 ship from the Zen Store."

"Now.......shall we begin?"
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    Not only am I interested, I can't wait for them to come out.

I quit playing Fed a long time ago...about when the Romulans came out ;)

SO, I am getting a really cool looking T6 Warbird really soon. It kind of looks like a DRAGON. Scales and all. Just look at those wings!!

Sorry you Feddites are getting a flying scalloped potato.

Congrats to my Klingittes who're getting a great looking ship too!!

This exactly, and i disagree with policestate76 on this.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are you stunned??? do you realize that "warbird" is exactly like the Dhelan, right? but just a bit bigger??

Seriously, some of you just want to buy things no matter what. Im not surprised this game is not evolving.. the opposite.
    Could be another Dhelan retrofit.
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love my Wells and will continue to fly it and continue to wipe thousands of helpless ships out of existence with it. Even if it doesn't get all the bells and whistles tier 6 ships have it will still be better looking and far superior than anything I will come against.
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nay. Not interested.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love the look of the new ROM and KDF ships shown in the trailer i have not seen enough of the new fed ship FED ship to comment. But the updated voyager looks nice and a lot closer to its on screen counter part.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm interested in the raptor. I'm already 90% sure I'm going to buy it. :cool:

I'm fairly interested in the warbird. I need to see more of it's looks and stats to know if I'll buy it though. :confused:

Not really interested in the Fed ships. :P

What kjwashington said. :)
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited August 2014
    No, YOU'RE stupid.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Well if you're that gung ho to make stupid comments like this, I think every single item in the C-Store is ugly, so have at it. Hope you have some deep pockets. :D

+1 Internets to you.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    My own, personal, headcanon, leads me to think that STO's Starfleet took cues from the Wells class following the appearance of said class of ship in our timeframe, hence the more 'flat' design of the new T6 ship.

Thats what I thought when I saw the one flying alongside the Scimitar at 0:24.... a single hull design, the one at 0:30 looks a bit meh imho but... Cryptic can't please everyone.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If fleet T6 Vesta come then YaY other than that NaY.