Options

RE: Tier 6 ships

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    WHY aren't the Mirror ships getting the upgrade option?

They cost the same as the 'Hero" Lockbox ships, except they are the "consolation prize" So again, WHY?

You can't say it's because they are T4 ships and not T5, because the Risian Ships are getting the option and they are also T4 ... SO again WHY?

It's ludicrous! Is it because you feel you haven't made as much money from players, because they bought the ship for only 100K EC on the Exchange? And therefore don't "deserve" the upgrade? Fine, the have a "Special Mirror Pack" that will bring the cost up to the equivalent cost of the main universe variant.

Just don't make it so we have to throw those Mirror Ships in the trash!

First of all ships available at L40 are in fact T5. Mirror Ships are T5 ships. 12 BOFF powers and 9 Consoles are T5 ships. (KDF BoPs being the only Exception) That includes the Mirror Ships.

The Select ships makes me think only Fleet ships (Anything with 10 Consoles, so that includes 3 Pack ships) will be getting a T5U upgrade. Meaning the the Klingon Garumba is getting kicked to the curb.

Certain ships like the Assault Cruiser have 3 configurations, Normal, Refit and Fleet. What if I'm in a fleet who hasn't unlocked the T5 shipyard to get a Fleet Assault will my Refit never be able to get to T5U status? Will I just need to get a FSM as part of the upgrade process?

I'm not worried about the extra $5 cost, that seems quite reasonable.

What worries me, is now I wonder what the list of select ship actually is. I think if your a Federation Player and you have a T5 ship your going to get the upgrade same with the Romulans, but I really worry about the Klingon Players.

Edit: Looks like I found the list. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7002163

Edit 2:
    corelogik wrote: »
    Personally, the same should apply to gear. You can't upgrade a Mk XI to a Mk XII outside of a very few special and rep sets,... so we shouldn't be able to upgrade Mk XII to MK XIV or whatever either,...

I actually very much want to upgrade certain pieces of gear. Anything from the Reputation system would be nice to hand the item in, pay some Marks, Skill points, EC & Dilithium and get your Mk XII changed into MK XIV. The L15 R&D items too. Certain Special Weapons such as the Hybrid/Lockbox weapons like Voth Antiproton I'd love to upgrade simply because I like the visuals and the procs.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Edit 2:

I actually very much want to upgrade certain pieces of gear. Anything from the Reputation system would be nice to hand the item in, pay some Marks, Skill points, EC & Dilithium and get your Mk XII changed into MK XIV. The L15 R&D items too. Certain Special Weapons such as the Hybrid/Lockbox weapons like Voth Antiproton I'd love to upgrade simply because I like the visuals and the procs.

Call it a rep project. Any rep gear you bought before, use it and say 250 or 500 marks, an amount of Dilthium (less than the original cost, say max of 25 to 50% original cost) and maybe 50k EC,... projects runs for 2 minutes and bam, Mk XII Item X turned into Mk XIV Item X.

Honestly, I could live with that.

My comment was more for the regular, non-rep, non-fleet gear. They'd have to come up with something similar for Fleet stuff.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They may put way to set it so we can use the Crafting to get the old T5 to full T6 Spec.:cool:
  • Options
    mistertwelvemistertwelve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually the fair thing to do would be to tell all the whiners to get bent. If you want T6 level ships, buy a T6 ship. No other level of ship can be upgraded,... due to the fact that people are getting the opportunity to upgrade at all, they should show a little appreciation.

Personally, the same should apply to gear. You can't upgrade a Mk XI to a Mk XII outside of a very few special and rep sets,... so we shouldn't be able to upgrade Mk XII to MK XIV or whatever either,...

I am absolutely positive, that my opinion will be met with much hostility and ridicule. I take solace in the fact that I really and truly don't give a ****. None of the new announcements or PvP'er rage will affect my game play whatsoever,...

You don't care, yet you posted. Weird!
  • Options
    madviolamadviola Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Just because you don't necessarily care about a change being made doesn't mean you shouldn't post your opinion so that others can see. As a developer myself, I like to see positive feedback sometimes. Most of the feedback I get about my product are problems that users are having with it. However, that last bit are people saying that they love it and would like to see more. No offense, but I see almost exclusively negative feedback about STO. I've left a little myself and am not disputing that there are times when that is warranted, but I appreciate those who express appreciation for the great product that STO is. Sure it has bugs. What software product doesn't? Please don't misread me. I'm not condemning or condoning what the devs have done. I'm merely saying that posting that a change doesn't affect you one way or another is not wrong. I really enjoy this game and will continue to play it as I have time.

Have a great day!

~ Madviola
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will buy the new t6 kdf ship. It won't be what I want but I get to play around with a new ship
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually the fair thing to do would be to tell all the whiners to get bent. If you want T6 level ships, buy a T6 ship. No other level of ship can be upgraded,... due to the fact that people are getting the opportunity to upgrade at all, they should show a little appreciation.

I am absolutely positive, that my opinion will be met with much hostility and ridicule. I take solace in the fact that I really and truly don't give a ****. None of the new announcements or PvP'er rage will affect my game play whatsoever,...

Never said I didn't care in general, I said I didn't care, and still don't, about the bull**** player rage thats going on or about being flamed for my opinion/belief. Two very different things.

People are complaining to no end about having to pay to upgrade from T5/Fleet to T5U/T6 when no other tier of ship has ever been upgradable to the next tier up. Far as I am concerned, a lot of people around here are acting like pretentious, self-entitled little TRIBBLE.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard