test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Raising The Level Cap

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
In our latest dev blog, Lead Designer Al “Captain Geko” Rivera reveals details on how Delta Rising will be raising the level cap and what it means for Captains like you! Check out the rewards you'll be getting as you level including the first introduction of our new Specialization Trees in our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    First REAL info...

Thank you... And even "Thank Geko"...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oh dear... a station full of fleet admirals. there better be a reason behind that rank name.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In our latest dev blog, Lead Designer Al “Captain Geko” Rivera reveals details on how Delta Rising will be raising the level cap and what it means for Captains like you! Check out the rewards you'll be getting as you level including the first introduction of our new Specialization Trees in our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
    *claps*

I like what I just read.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Delta rising skill points will be used indefinitely...what the hell happens when your tress are maxed out?

I wonder of we will ever get the t6 powers blog and how t5 "are still viable"
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well it's about time for some REAL info.

What happens to those who have their Bridge Officer and Duty Officer rosters full? S.O.L in regards to the new level up rewards?
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another important change to the leveling system will come after reaching level 60. You will continue to earn Skill Points as if you are still leveling up, and each time you reach enough points to level up to what would be the next rank, you will earn an additional Specialization Point. This will give players the ability to continue earning points until you max out your Specialization Trees.
    so a mature level 60 with a full tree will completely dominate a fresh level 60

didnt we just go through this with rep passives?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can we expect this to be the final level cap increase of the game or at least there will be no more ranks past Fleet Admiral? Rather be called Fleet Admiral Mk 40 than Supreme Poobah of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Also, what is the requirements for getting the Admiral and Fleet Admiral titles? Is it level 60 for Admiral and maxing out the specialization trees for Fleet Admiral?
    so a mature level 60 with a full tree will completely dominate a fresh level 60

didnt we just go through this with rep passives?

They will likely do the same with the Reputation traits. You can only have 5 passives and 5 abilities active at the same time while there is probably 20 passives and 20 abilities available.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Can we expect this to be the final level cap increase of the game or at least there will be no more ranks past Fleet Admiral? Rather be called Fleet Admiral Mk 40 than Supreme Poobah of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Also, what is the requirements for getting the Admiral and Fleet Admiral titles? Is it level 60 for Admiral and maxing out the specialization trees for Fleet Admiral?

Would you honestly believe them if they said "yes"?
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sounds like some serious grinding will be needed, especially with the reduction to Expertise rewards. Other than the little hint, I will reserve judgement on this until I see how ridiculous the new grind to max that specialization skill tree out and hoping they have learned enough from the crafting disaster that a year is just too long to bother with.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »

I'm guessing it will be a 5-level split, the way Rear Admiral was.

So 50-55 Vice Admiral, 56-60 Admiral, 60+ Fleet Admiral?

There's a lot of information to consider in this blog. I'm interested to learn more about these specialization trees.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, this we didn't know yet. More abilities are always welcome :)

I'm looking forward to see it go live.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Happy I saved my skill point ball hehe.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How many specialization points do I have to grind to become invincible compared to someone who has zero such points?
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fascinating, usefull informations.
    Unexpected, but most appreciated!
    Thank you!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been saving my skill point boosts for the day the level cap is increased. Bring it on!
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so the only contenet that will level up to 60 will be the delta rising content?
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »

[Skill Point Package] ?
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another important change to the leveling system will come after reaching level 60. You will continue to earn Skill Points as if you are still leveling up, and each time you reach enough points to level up to what would be the next rank, you will earn an additional Specialization Point. This will give players the ability to continue earning points until you max out your Specialization Trees.

This is what I am most looking forward to with DR. Thank you Cryptic for allowing continued progression past level cap.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fail to see why we need a level cap rise for this. "Specialization points" are already around - via reputation.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fail to see why we need a level cap rise for this. "Specialization points" are already around - via reputation.

They're not special enough.
    Hush now. :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »

my main still has over 1.5m skill points on the table and most of that was pre f2p grandfathered :P.

however i do have various boosters i have not used since. but now with the level cap annonouced, skill point boosters will skyrocket in prices.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited August 2014

rep system gives us traits to side into these are passive skills that will be with the char and do not need to be switched around i for one like this side grade =) nice info dump =)
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    neos472 wrote: »
    rep system gives us traits to side into these are passive skills that will be with the char and do not need to be switched around i for one like this side grade =)

You mean like Reputations before they were nerfed? :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it will be a 5-level split, the way Rear Admiral was.

So 50-55 Admiral, 56-60 Fleet Admiral?

Vice Admirals are level 50.

So no I doubt you're getting a promotion, a T6 ship, and accesses to the new mk XIV gear the moment you log in when Delta Rising goes live.

Which is why I find all the requests for fleet ships and fleet and STF gear to automatically upgrade to T6 and mk XIV laughable because people are basically asking to make their existing stuff unusable for at least 5 levels.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks good. Bring it ON, Cryptic!

D'trel needs some new toys to beat the living daylights out of Iconians with.

And Three doesn't need toys to slaughter whatever gets within a few miles of her way, but she appreciates the sentiment.

Out-of-universe, let the Whine-Fest begin!
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »

So no I doubt you're getting a promotion, a T6 ship, and accesses to the new mk XIV gear the moment you log in when Delta Rising goes live.

Which is why I find all the requests for fleet ships and fleet and STF gear to automatically upgrade to T6 and mk XIV laughable because people are basically asking to make their existing stuff unusable for at least 5 levels.

the devs have already said that if ya had the ship pre DR you can still use it its getting new ships that will be effected say like my char has a Narcine and it gets buffed to a T6 ship i will be able to still use it since i own it in my selection of ships.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    if the spec tree is anything like CO's? the chances are that you would have 2 or 3 trees, with a fixed amount of points you could get to spend once maxed out. you unlock the first row, 3 skills on the bottom row maybe 1 or 2 on the top row, on the bottom row you got a maximum of 8 points to spend there and only 5 are needed to unlock the next set and so on accordingly.

i would imagine passives to critical chance, critical severity, weapons attack power bonus on permanent and such. who knows, it could be useful or it could be so useful that the illusion of balance turns into an urban myth then what we got with power creep..
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »

You are assuming they cant make T6 and Mk 14 unlock at level 50.

Finallly, a Blog with information in it! :)