test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Excitement Around Delta Rising

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
With all excitement circulating around our new upcoming expansion, Executive Producer, Stephen D'Angelo speaks about the new tier of ships and what it means for Captains in the coming weeks!

Read more about it in our latest blog!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Only 60%? Surely closer to 70-75%. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stupid question for sure, but are devs stopping releasing Tier 5 ships once Delta Rising lands ?
    Or is it planned to stick to Tier 5 ships, with one or two Tier 6 once in a while ?
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't care if we have to pay, but the old ships need to have a way to become truly tier 6, not just competitive.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Pitchfork sales down 60%. Nice going Trendy.

<3

I'll take a dozen of those pitchfolks, one for myself and the rest to be distributed amongst my boffs/doffs
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    I don't care if we have to pay, but the old ships need to have a way to become truly tier 6, not just competitive.

^^^ THIS!!! ^^^

Seriously, the T5 ships need a way to upgrade to full and complete T6 regardless of the price.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    With all excitement circulating around our new upcoming expansion, Executive Producer, Stephen D'Angelo speaks about the new tier of ships and what it means for Captains in the coming weeks!

Read more about it in our latest blog!

~LaughingTrendy

Do Livetimers and 1000 day veterans get early access like that with LOR?
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Blog in one sentence:
    "We know this is the biggest thing everyone is worried about and we have a plan for it, but we're not telling."
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really? Is it just me or did they just reiterate a portion of what they told us in the last announcement? They've merely said we'll announce soon details on Lv60 increase and T6 ships...that's it. It's less informative than before.
    will be able to provide feedback to help us tune and adjust the systems for many weeks prior to actual release.

Been said many, many times but we'll see. Previous track record says otherwise but will judge on their results.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What is it with blogs with-out info ??
    We need info, not new ships are comming, we alread know that..
  • twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited August 2014
    I think this is silly. People put a lot of effort into their Heroic raid gear in WoW, yet with each expansion they gleefully leave that work behind and plunge into the next 10 levels of content, quest greens and all.

I think it IS time for a reset! Leave behind all the madness and start fresh with a new, unabashedly more powerful tier.

It's not like people don't fly T3 and T4 ships in T5 content currently anyway for more of a challenge. It's not impossible.

My biggest concern is we are getting T6 ships, but are we getting T6 content? Or T6 versions of current content?

Also, lets do the math, 7 to 10 new ships? That's not nearly enough. That's just about one choice per role per faction. (Sci, Tac, Engi, x3 factions = 9 plus what, a random carrier or BoP?). That's pretty poor.

I would vote for no dev time spent developing some 'upgrade' system for current ships, tack a few months onto release date, and spend time developing two or three options per role, per faction.

Nah, for me, all I care about is equalizing the number of weapon and console slots. For example, if i can add 2 console slots to my existing oddy, I'll be able to toss my set consoles in there and be happy as a clam. :)

If i want the "new T6 hawtness" BO slot or whatever ability they get, I'll buy a T6 ship... plain and simple.
  • nymysys1nymysys1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have said this before, but my opinion on T6 and the "do what no other ship can" line = fused weapons/consoles/singularity powers (exactly like a Dyson ship). The upgrade from T5 to T6 will mean an upgrade to the base stats, but not the abilities. I doubt that Cryptic is going to make content that REQUIRES the special abilities of a T6, and without a wholesale redo of the current power meta, the same good builds will probably work better on an upgraded T5 than on a T6 that prevents you from removing a weapon or console.

With the skill specializations they are planning on introducing, they have already said that progression will be horizontal rather than vertical. So I doubt T6 will be adding more console or weapon slots (at best, maybe one more weapon slot so they can match the 10 console slots of fleet ships).
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Why then whats the point of doing tier 6. I swear I think some of you have never played any other MMO before.

By your logic all ships should be the same tier then why wasn't tier 1 upgradeable to tier 5 or any other tier for that matter.

Leave the tiers they way are and offer retrofits for some of them in tier 6, and no they are not free you should have to work for them.
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please can we have some details?
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The big question everyone is asking is: What does this mean to my existing Tier 5 ships?

And that Question ist not even half-hearted anwered:

What happens to my half dozend + Lockbox ships?
    To my beloved Ghel Grett or my Mogh?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    teluas wrote: »
    Nah, for me, all I care about is equalizing the number of weapon and console slots. For example, if i can add 2 console slots to my existing oddy, I'll be able to toss my set consoles in there and be happy as a clam. :)

If i want the "new T6 hawtness" BO slot or whatever ability they get, I'll buy a T6 ship... plain and simple.

This. If Tier 6 Cruisers have 2 Commander Bridge Officer slots, 10 weapons, and 12 consoles, then upgraded Tier 5 Cruisers should have 2 Commander Bridge Officer slots, 10 weapons, and 12 consoles. The only difference between Tier 6 ships and upgraded Tier 5 ships should be the unique Tier 6 ability.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vinsinar wrote: »
    I swear I think some of you have never played any other MMO before.

A substantial part of the playerbase is people that aren't true MMO players, but Trekkies that play the game only because it's Star Trek.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Leave the tiers they way are and offer retrofits for some of them in tier 6, and no they are not free you should have to work for them.

The first words of my posts were an offering of payment, the thing you do to earn a ship in this game.
    By your logic all ships should be the same tier then why wasn't tier 1 upgradeable to tier 5 or any other tier for that matter.

You can get a tier 5 version of almost any ship.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All I read from that Blog was 'we are releasing a new expansion and are best evaluating how to monetize it from peoples old ships'. Having just a few ships released means the rest of the money needs to be made from upgrades to older ships.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    So Cryptic want to keep the current tier 5 ships competitive with the new top of line tier 6. Well that's all well and good, but then again it depends on what Cryptic's definition of "Competitive" is. I for one would like more insight into this.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well... "Excitement" is probably not the most appropriate word... Insecurity is probably more appropriate judging by zone chat/forums.

But it's a start...

Also, congratulations on being able to use the "competitive" for the first time... I'd still like to know what you consider "competitive" though.

Until such time... No cookies.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think this is silly. People put a lot of effort into their Heroic raid gear in WoW, yet with each expansion they gleefully leave that work behind and plunge into the next 10 levels of content, quest greens and all.

I think it IS time for a reset! Leave behind all the madness and start fresh with a new, unabashedly more powerful tier.

Yes but WoW players didnt pay a dime for that Heroic gear, they had to grind it like we do mark 12 items. WE PAID FOR T5 ships, thats the difference. So now PAID ships become obsolete or will be "competitive". Its like comparing some pimped car to a Ferrari, it may still be competitve to speed but you know who is better.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oracle54 wrote: »
    Blog in one sentence:
    "We know this is the biggest thing everyone is worried about and we have a plan for it, but we're not telling."

Translation: the plan will change based on how much complaining we see on the forum.

How much cash money did WoW players pay for that raid gear?
    I swear I think some of you have never played any other MMO before.

Some of us haven't. I haven't. I'm not here for the MMO, I'm here for the Star Trek ships.
  • champion1701champion1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can we have our real EP back? This guy is a joke, he ran the game into the ground before and he is doing it again. Steven DeAngelo is so disconnected with this playerbase, we need Dan back.
    =/\= Commodore Champion1701 =/\=

=/\=USS Lindsey Stirling =/\= NCC-116747 =/\=

=/\= Liberty Task Force =/\= Diplomatic Advisor =/\=
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Blog summary: We have a secret plan.

Well, the Cylons had a plan, too. Let's hope your plan is better for the playerbase than their plan was for humanity.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't worry they have "Top men" working on X2 with a long and detailed plan on how to upgrade our ships.

On a side note, matchbox and magnifying glass sales have gone through the roof in the area around the dev studio :D
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    sthraxpwe wrote: »

Well, the Cylons had a plan, too. Let's hope your plan is better for the playerbase than their plan was for humanity.

Dude. COLD.

Cryptic does have a plan. They just forgot to let the marketing team know.
  • twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited August 2014
    sthraxpwe wrote: »

To be fair, that comparison is a bit disjointed, as the Cylons' plan was to wipe out humanity. Ostensibly the devs' plan is to provide content to the players.

...but maybe your metaphor is spot on...who knows with these guys...
    How much cash money did WoW players pay for that raid gear?

I see this argument a lot. How much cash money did I pay for my ships? I've got quite a few too. The answer is none. I haven't paid money for any zen at all. Yet I've got lots of zen store ships, fleet ships, even a few lockbox ships and lobi items.

People pay cash for convenience, not as the only path to obtaining anything in this game. You don't have to pay a dime.

Honestly, I sometimes feel guilty for getting all that I get without paying Cryptic anything. But if you're willing to invest time, just like in any other MMO out there, you can get what you want in the game.