test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Item Destruction - the feature the game desperately needs.

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Considering this is the same person who just tried to get the Foundry to make a war crimes simulator?

You tell me.

Thanks for the info on the kind of person we are dealing with here.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This guy is laughing all the way to the bank with the trolling.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Notice that not a single hater has been able to make this about anything but "attack the person, not the idea."

In order to attack an idea, there must first be an idea.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What sto needs most of all is for stakes to be added. When your ship explodes, there should be say a 10% chance that one of your items is destroyed. Items that could be reclaimed for free like prize ship and c store consoles should be excluded from this.

What I mean is, if your ship blows up, you should have a 10% chance of losing at random one of your weapons, consoles, engine, deflector, etc.

This loss should be permanent and require purchasing a new one from fleet or rep stores.

I also think that in PvP the chance of an item being destroyed on death should be much higher, as high as 30%.

PvP is obnoxiously boring in STO because there are no stakes at all involved.

Stakes make games compelling and immersive because they increase by a large factor the excitement of playing.

Since the game sorely needs new dil sinks, this would also help with dil inflation by forcing people who failed in combat to purchase new dil-cost items.
    Do you know how many people would rage quit?
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That is the real tragedy. There was a mouth here that spoke only contempt for the workingman, exhorting other cash money millionaires to glory in that they were paying him ten cents an hour to grind dil.

These people forget that zen prices being so high is a tangible harm to the best people, to the salt of the STO earth.

This problem needs a GLOBAL solution. It is my pride to be able to advocate for one in a clear voice.

It's very difficult to try to follow what you're saying, because it makes so little sense.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We're done.

/Closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.