What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

- Official Star Trek Delta Rising Announcement

Comments

• Options
    yakoov5yakoov5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Alright, as requested I won't say anything about REDACTED in my reply. :)

Since I cannot reveal any further details about upcoming Delta Rising content at this time, all I can say is stay tuned for more info as our promotional blog schedule leading up to X2 has officially kicked off with today's post.

We will have answers for all of your questions raised in this thread (except T5 connies) in the coming weeks with our upcoming blogs.

Thanks for your patience during this time of anticipation!

~CaptainSmirk

Okay, new guy question; What is a "connie?"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Never fear, we will be hunting through posts and threads to find info we can pass up the chain in response to player feedback. We want to make sure your voices are heard too! I can't guarantee everyone will be heard and/or get everything you want, but I will do my best to bring feedback to the team.

~CaptainSmirk

Okay, here is my feedback:
    1st - I would love to see a/more PvE mission(s) that use the game machanic that is found at the end of the mission "A new Accord" (I think that's the mission) where you fly your ship as cover for Captain Shon against the Undine Planet Killer. That was by far one of the MOST exciting endings to a space mission that I have ever had in this game.
    2nd - More combat improvements, but much more exploration please.
    3rd - Some revamps of earlier mission dialog would be nice, if not the dialog in general; I always found that the way the Bridge Officers talk is not very realistic of the relationship between Officer and Captain. More Captains dialog would be nice (you telling the officers what they/we need to do rather then them telling you what you need to do).
    4th - More ways to earn more marks (all types) would be great, in my opinion.
    5th - I REALLY want to see more ways to customize starships, ESPECIALLY the Klingons and Romulans; The Federation seems to have all the perks when it comes to how the starships look (using this nacelle type and then this saucer type; I love it! Now lets see that more with Klingons and Romulans!):cool:
    6th - This one is a personal interest for me; WE NEED A "BACON" FOOD ITEM IN THIS GAME!!!:P
    7th - Better EC Shop Vendors... I LOATHE going to a random shop or tradeship to see if they have anything interesting - They never do it seems.
    8th - May I suggest (for the ship upgrade ideas) the possiblity of adding a game mechanic where you buy (with Energy Credits, preferably) Hull armor (hitpoint) upgrades or additional console slots (to a point, of course). This would be really nice, I think, if it were applied to all ships, with more hull upgrades getting more expensive as you buy them.

There's my eight cents on this in general. Hope it helps, and I am looking forward to seing the results!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rextrek3 wrote: »
    ...sounds exciting....I Can't Wait!!!!!!! Ive been playing since BETA........so, something new is always Nice............just do me one favor - if Only one..please get RID OF those awful - extra large - windows on the crew deck...they look UN-realistic....and plain stupid.

I am with you on this one, but why stop there? Give me a reason to even want to tour my ship! Give us ship layouts that we can customize, ways to make a tour of the ship actually feel like a tour! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!:D
  • Options
    kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yakoov5 wrote: »
    Okay, here is my feedback:
    1st - I would love to see a/more PvE mission(s) that use the game machanic that is found at the end of the mission "A new Accord" (I think that's the mission) where you fly your ship as cover for Captain Shon against the Undine Planet Killer. That was by far one of the MOST exciting endings to a space mission that I have ever had in this game.
    2nd - More combat improvements, but much more exploration please.
    3rd - Some revamps of earlier mission dialog would be nice, if not the dialog in general; I always found that the way the Bridge Officers talk is not very realistic of the relationship between Officer and Captain. More Captains dialog would be nice (you telling the officers what they/we need to do rather then them telling you what you need to do).
    4th - More ways to earn more marks (all types) would be great, in my opinion.
    5th - I REALLY want to see more ways to customize starships, ESPECIALLY the Klingons and Romulans; The Federation seems to have all the perks when it comes to how the starships look (using this nacelle type and then this saucer type; I love it! Now lets see that more with Klingons and Romulans!):cool:
    6th - This one is a personal interest for me; WE NEED A "BACON" FOOD ITEM IN THIS GAME!!!:P
    7th - Better EC Shop Vendors... I LOATHE going to a random shop or tradeship to see if they have anything interesting - They never do it seems.
    8th - May I suggest (for the ship upgrade ideas) the possiblity of adding a game mechanic where you buy (with Energy Credits, preferably) Hull armor (hitpoint) upgrades or additional console slots (to a point, of course). This would be really nice, I think, if it were applied to all ships, with more hull upgrades getting more expensive as you buy them.

There's my eight cents on this in general. Hope it helps, and I am looking forward to seing the results!

Don't give your hopes up....
  • Options
    potcheesepotcheese Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    den3067 wrote: »
    New content is great. Delta Quadrant is a great idea.
    LvL 60 ships not so great.
    What happens to all those Z-store ships now that are LvL 50?
    Upgrade all our LVL 50 ships? OR no way am I buying more. And kiss space pvp goodbye.

*Player since game launch day*

YEah I feel that the player base who have longevity and spent the time grinding relentlessly to get T5 / Fleet ships plus high end gear will be getting the shaft with this expansion. I'm all for Content, Level 60 SP - OK, but T6 gear and ships.. Sorry, Between all the c-store, fleet ships, fleet and rep gear I have earned on my 6 toons now will be completely worthless with this expansion.. How is that fair Cryptic? Please reconcider to just adding new ships and gear to T5 instead of creating T6.

Off my soap box
  • Options
    oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yakoov5 wrote: »
    Okay, new guy question; What is a "connie?"
    constitution class federation starship

http://sto.gamepedia.com/TOS_Constitution_Class_Cruiser
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oceansong wrote: »
    constitution class federation starship

http://sto.gamepedia.com/TOS_Constitution_Class_Cruiser

Thank you for the translation, Oceansong! I had no idea with the "connie" was in reference. Why don't the moderators just say it in plain English?
  • Options
    oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for the translation, Oceansong! I had no idea with the "connie" was in reference. Why don't the moderators just say it in plain English?

you're welcome :)
    every game has it's associated 'jargonspeak', this game has it's share even before you throw in the 'technobabble' that normally accrues from science fiction.
    it's what we nerds like :D
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Announcement = good.

Video = good.

Things in video = good.

Lack of explanation RE: T6 ships and T5 upgrades = Bad.

Trying to stay positive here, but I really do want to know the specifics of the upgrade system.

Quoted in agreement.

I just purchased a few ships before the Vegas announcement, I most certainly would have held off, had I known this was incoming, at least until I had heard more of the details.

Now I don't know:
    Will I be needing to paying MORE money to upgrade these new ships?
    Will they be just as good as the T6 ships then?
    Did I just waste money ?
    Will they get deleted and never used, inferior to the latest offerings?

Feel kinda broadsided and left hanging here ever since the Vegas announcement.

Got a few things going on in real-life that have me bummed lately.
    This game is my escape from all that.

I've been really jazzed about the expansion.

But this issue.... Lets just say I'm staying positive as best I can, but this blog feels like a hit and run.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I started playing the game during closed beta. After getting a key by winning a trivia challenge in the old #STO IRC. I was impressed. The game had great potential. The planned systems - such as genesis for procedurally based exploration and being able to revisit and share unique civilizations - never came to be. I went on to buy a life time subscription long before the game actually launched. I then spent entirely too much in the c-store, with no regrets.

I stopped playing when the reputation grinds started.

That sort of grinding just isn't fun. Lack of real story content isn't fun. Lack of exploration isn't fun.

If this expansion promises more of the same, then it wont be fun for long either.
  • Options
    darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i am hoping that at least some of the current t5 ships, like the gal x dreadnought and the oddy will get uprated to t6 or at least a further t6 form.

it would soften the blow especially considering the avenger class battle-cruiser.
  • Options
    blazer9745blazer9745 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But the important part is what are the new ranks going to be called... you go from Vice Admiral to Full Admiral? Fleet Admiral? Grand Admiral? When do I get to sit around in an office sending other people on quests?
  • Options
    jeivejeive Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    blazer9745 wrote: »
    But the important part is what are the new ranks going to be called... you go from Vice Admiral to Full Admiral? Fleet Admiral? Grand Admiral? When do I get to sit around in an office sending other people on quests?

55 will be Admiral, and 60 will be Fleet Admiral.
  • Options
    spock2230mccoy1spock2230mccoy1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also the hand phasers in voyager, the other seasons didn't include even next generation phasers, not to mention the rifles.
  • Options
    devil96helldevil96hell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    will the lock box ships that we have will thay get lvl up as well or did we just spent money on the game 4 nothing :confused:
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i smell Malon! and boy does that Theta smell wreak! :D lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mechacz wrote: »
    STO is another mmorpg.

What this game need is real end game content to keep players in the game. Something difficult, where party setup and teamwork is crucial, preferably fleet oriented.

The game Artemis provides that, and eschews all the problems that STO has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    love the sig, and still never understood the whole "T-Rex/Raptor" thing, i meen what, they never evolved? lol ... :eek: and are friendly with the voth ... only ... and run supplies ... :rolleyes:

*giggles*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    jib456jib456 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    in think its mnot that bad but worries of if thing cost more if we get tier 5 ships from zen store lik mogh:)lol
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    love the sig, and still never understood the whole "T-Rex/Raptor" thing, i meen what, they never evolved? lol ... :eek: and are friendly with the voth ... only ... and run supplies ... :rolleyes:

*giggles*
    Of course they evolved. If going by the actual definition of evolution.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That's what I think for a long time . And now was the perfect opportunity to change that. But it does not happen . So the STO universe within one year of becoming from a cadet to fleet admiral. No matter, as well as fleet admiral can go to mine asteroid with driller or tagging epohh rabbits :)
    The worse it will be when they want to raise the level to be 65 , because it seems that a ranks ran out.
  • Options
    st3whiteknightst3whiteknight Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would of been really happy to hear....Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, William Shatner, John De lancie signed on for feature episodes, Voyager was okay, but in no way was as popular as TNG, and the above mentioned names are more popular than the entire Voyager series, before a big expansion

I would highly recommend using some common sense and improving our Quadrant of the galaxy....The Delta Quadrant is something that should be in the pipeline, but not until these monumental actors are in game, because they won't be around forever, the Vega Colony needs some updates for fighting the Borg in our back yard, so much needs to be touched before another expansion.....like more episodes, instead of grinding zones, in which so many players get bored with so quickly.

I agree with this. It would be good to revisit some of the stuff that started the game. Vega is a good shout, along with a possible timeline issue with the Dronza station missions? What about adding the core worlds like Betazed, Tellar, Trill etc. we have the species, but not their Homeworlds. plus make Vulcan and Andor etc mean something in game, give them their own missions.

Unless they make 50-59 Rear admiral and 60 Vice admiral... Allows room to expand to 60+
    jeive wrote: »
    55 will be Admiral, and 60 will be Fleet Admiral.

Where did this info come from?
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jib456 wrote: »
    in think its mnot that bad but worries of if thing cost more if we get tier 5 ships from zen store lik mogh:)lol

grammar and spelling are good, lets try this:

I think Delta Rising is not that bad, but it worries me that things may cost more if we get (?more?) T5 ships from the c-store, like the Mogh Battlecruiser.

I think it is safe to say, we will not get more T5 ships
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone else noticed that most of the people who are really happy/looking forward/sparkles and rainbows about the expansion are new accounts/people who have never posted before.....?
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone else noticed that most of the people who are really happy/looking forward/sparkles and rainbows about the expansion are new accounts/people who have never posted before.....?

I'm excited for the new content etc...

and hoping to get that Xindi Aquatic for 100 mil :)
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wrong, I'm excited and I have been here since the game went free-to-play.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    dokardokar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wrong, I'm excited and I have been here since the game went free-to-play.

You being excited would only prove him wrong if he said all, he didn't he said most.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have noticed no such thing. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    betayuya wrote: »

*giggles*
    Well.. bioengineering+mind control implant. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Adding a new tier of ships will have the unfortunate consequence of making our vessels obsolete when compared to new ones with better consoles, equipment, and weapons.

Here's the thing though, cryptic's montra throughout this DR PR splutter seems to be "T6 will not make T5 obsolete." I don't know how many times they need to say/post this, perhaps slapping it across the top of the home page will finally give it the necessary impact to reach through to the forums, but its not a point that's really worth discussing at the moment and for two simple reasons.

1. We don't know what T6 actually is so all we can really do at this point is take the Dev's word that it won't prevent anyone from using their Mobius, Defaint, or Sovereign class. Until we get some details about DR worrying about the problem is just a personal exercise.

2. Mk XIV Consoles, equipment, and weapons will most certainly be useable on old ships. No previous Tier ever restricted higher tier equipment from being used on it so long as you were appropriately leveled. The question of how T6 is going to up the power is strictly one of layouts, stat upgrades, and additional abilities. What you mentioned (which is just about the only thing we have any information on, there will be XIV stuff) doesn't factor.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.