What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

- Official Star Trek Delta Rising Announcement

Comments

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wrong, I'm excited and I have been here since the game went free-to-play.

Good point. Me? I'm excited about uninstalling and moving on. No more Arc to worry about. And I've been playing since Launch Day.

So there's tons of excitement to go around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    Does this mean the Intrepid class will finally get an overhaul and be a valid endgame ship?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good point. Me? I'm excited about uninstalling and moving on. No more Arc to worry about. And I've been playing since Launch Day.

So there's tons of excitement to go around.
    I can haz ur stuffs?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Something I thought of today. Since there will be a level increase to 60 and there will be Mk XIII and Mk XIV gear, I wondered about the Special Equipment Packs (that come from the lockboxes) that give out weapons.

Will the devs be changing those packs to include the new max level, so they give out Mk XIV weapons when opened by a level 60 character?
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can haz ur stuffs?

You could, but it's all obsolete by the expansion. What are you going to do with a bunch of dated consoles and weapons? They don't even sell well to vendors after 9.5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You could, but it's all obsolete by the expansion. What are you going to do with a bunch of dated consoles and weapons? They don't even sell well to vendors after 9.5.
    Meh, free vendor trash is free vendor trash. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yandrey wrote: »
    The Delta Quadrant, new ships, new level-cap, can't wait! :D

Personally, I think it would be nice to see Utopia Planitia involved in the whole upgrading Tier V ships to Tier VI ships thing. A simple but fun cut scene perhaps: your old ship, but upgraded to the new standards, leaving dry-dock with the newly improved hull/weapons/consoles or something, I dunno... I think I read something similar somewhere... I think upgrading to VI would be better than V remaining competitive, but maybe that's just me.

Also, as a "Federation Ambassador", I was wondering if there will be diplomatic ...stuff... between the Delta quadrant species and the three factions.
    In the series, the crew of Voyager did this on several occasions, with the Enarans and in the Void for example.
    What if one could attend diplomatic meetings with more and more different species as you rise through the diplomatic ranks, and when one has earned a certain species' trust after a certain amount of meetings, you could be rewarded with an item, like unlocking one of Neelix's specialties in the replicator or a (legendary quality?) gift, related to that specific species. I would love to have that Enaran musical instrument. :P It would probably be useless and have no real use in combat, just like Q's balloon poppers, but all in all it would be a very nice touch, for the diplomats and collectors at least.
    Just something I made up just now.

Perhaps medical conferences, diplomatic and medical CXP at once , where medical staff from both quadrants meet. The Doctor (EMH M1) was quite interested it those.

What happened to the Vidiians after the Phage was cured? (VOY: Think tank) As a science officer, having them and their scientific knowledge as allies would be amazing.
    What happened to the Enarans (with their deadly history), the Kazon, the Ocampans (who had survive without the caretaker), the Talaxians, the Vaadwaur (who may or may not still have access to those weird tunnel-things that went all the way to Talax). :eek:

And even if Voyager wasn't your thing, there are still many things to look forward to.

I think...

I agree. I have always been a great fan of star trek voyager, would be great to see what happened there since we left. For all we know they are all fighting the borg... or the borg has become peaceful. or dead. Relics of borg... I like that.

Besides. Kazon meets Oddy , oddy kicks kazon bum. We all live happily ever after...
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • Options
    max1002max1002 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't wait till this comes out :D:D:D
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well.. bioengineering+mind control implant. :P

well, you got me there :(

strange twist, their ancestors where hunted by creatures just like them :D lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    yakoov5yakoov5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lordmota wrote: »
    I for one would like to put it out there that the ONLY future feature that has me still playing is Admiral control of more than one of my ships at once. I've been waiting for this level upgrade for this feature alone. I'm only going to bother collecting and loading a series of ships, much less a new level of them, if I can use them together. An admiral is an officer that commands MORE THAN ONE SHIP. You could work it where we can control a fleet of our ships via AI, you could make it where we call in our own ships in combat instead of random AI ships (fleet distress call) and at least let us switch between our ships in the PVP arena instead of just to shuttle. Upgrades, T6, whatever, I want to be able to use all these toys I put in my toybox and grind to fill with sweet gear. If you cant give me that, I'm out, I've already extracted all the fun to be had from STO in it's current form. Let me use more than one of my ships at once, or lose one of your vaunted paying customers. The grinding reward cycle only works for a time, that time has passed. I dont see this as being that hard to implement in some way and could only reward your bottom line.

I for one, LOVE THIS IDEA (Using more than one ship)!!! Make it happen Cryptic/Perfect World/Whoever it may concern!
  • Options
    alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When does it go to tribble ???
  • Options
    jshiggsjshiggs Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just hope this goes back to a story based progression instead of this monotonous arena based progression system.

Oh look here's a little bit of story. now go do the same thing 12000 times and we'll give you a little more story. Yawn, that change pretty much killed the game for me. I'm sure I'm in a minority and going to catch flak for that but honestly, I really did enjoyed the game enough to create 6 different avatars until the format change. I'm sure there are great economics behind it.

On the flip side I am looking forward to seeing the new ships and what they are capable of. Hoping once again that they are more than what we've already seen, same ship new skin, extra slots. And I'm interested in the remaining accessories that will be on offer too.

Fingers crossed this update re-ignites my enjoyment for the game.
  • Options
    static112static112 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am not sure this was asked but on sto wiki the mentioned the level increase the one thing I am concerned about is that all my fleet gear and c-store ships will be out dated. What I would like to know is will the c-store ships increase in rank with you and will the fleet gear automaticly change to the highest level?
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like the look of the Voyager bridge...can I have that for my ship rather than the science bridge options please developers?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007893

Purdy please?

:eek:
  • Options
    alteziofett66alteziofett66 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To be honest, I never really liked Voyager that much. It wasn't bad, but it was too content to play things safe, when there were all sorts of fantastic opportunities for it to explore. Still, it'd be nice to see Kes or the Doctor again. Plus, I'd love to have more encounters with the Hirogen, they had a lot of potential.
  • Options
    cbrehecbrehe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope we get too see some of the Delta Quadrent characters from ST Voyager like Neelix, Dexa, and Brax. Maybe they can be mission givers. :D
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cbrehe wrote: »
    I hope we get too see some of the Delta Quadrent characters from ST Voyager like Neelix, Dexa, and Brax. Maybe they can be mission givers. :D

Mmm, Talaxians. Maybe we will be able to shoot them - that I would really appreciate.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vosoros wrote: »
    I like the look of the Voyager bridge...can I have that for my ship rather than the science bridge options please developers?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007893

Purdy please?

:eek:

Tacofangs has already confirmed in other threads on the forums that we will be able to get a full Voyager interior and it will include 2 versions of the mess hall. He also said he doesn't know if it will be ready in time for the launch of Delta Rising but they are going to try. :)

Edit: Here you go http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18438501#post18438501
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I, for one, am glad that we are finally getting content that we have been owed for years. However, new content does NOT equal new grinding. I have ground for my gear, specifically, fleet gear. If our gear is to be rendered darn near obsolete compared to the new Mk XIV fleet gear, I want a free upgrade. Outfitting my ships was nowhere near cheap for either my fleet or me. Each piece of my gear cost our fleet 1 provision that we, collectively, ground for. Now, with the new fleet gear, we have pretty much wasted our time, money, and provisions. Consoles alone are 50k FC ,10k dil, and a provision (without discounts). Fleet weapons (advanced) are 10k FC, 9.1k dil, and a provision (With discounts). Etc Etc... all of which we ALL have ground for. Either that, or we paid real money for zen and exchanged it for dilithium. Either way, we are being robbed of all of this and are being forced to grind for all over again. If we can't at least get a free upgrade... at the very least we should be allowed to sell our fleet gear to the, currently non-existing fleet vendor, for the FULL PRICE we paid to get it, including the provisions! This, of course, should be given (not a new project). Upon the update of the game he/she should just appear. If these reasonable and fair requests cannot be met... you have lost my patronage Cryptic.:mad:
    signature.png
  • Options
    naruesannaruesan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can we get a ship transfer token in the C-Store? For transferring to other characters within an account, specifically referring to Lobi ships...
  • Options
    borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I, for one, am glad that we are finally getting content that we have been owed for years. However, new content does NOT equal new grinding. I have ground for my gear, specifically, fleet gear. If our gear is to be rendered darn near obsolete compared to the new Mk XIV fleet gear, I want a free upgrade. Outfitting my ships was nowhere near cheap for either my fleet or me. Each piece of my gear cost our fleet 1 provision that we, collectively, ground for. Now, with the new fleet gear, we have pretty much wasted our time, money, and provisions. Consoles alone are 50k FC ,10k dil, and a provision (without discounts). Fleet weapons (advanced) are 10k FC, 9.1k dil, and a provision (With discounts). Etc Etc... all of which we ALL have ground for. Either that, or we paid real money for zen and exchanged it for dilithium. Either way, we are being robbed of all of this and are being forced to grind for all over again. If we can't at least get a free upgrade... at the very least we should be allowed to sell our fleet gear to the, currently non-existing fleet vendor, for the FULL PRICE we paid to get it, including the provisions! This, of course, should be given (not a new project). Upon the update of the game he/she should just appear. If these reasonable and fair requests cannot be met... you have lost my patronage Cryptic.:mad:

I believe this is a more than a fair & just idea- I also am tired of all my previous work going to hell & am leaving the game for good if Cryptic does not take our previous work into account. I agree that grinding does not = content & have no intention of going through more & more grinding to upgrade my current fleet gear. The idea of a vendor "appearing" on my fleet starbase (not a project to unlock him) & giving me full value in fleet credits, dilithium & provisions for the gear I already worked my posterior off for, is the ONLY acceptable alternative to a free upgrade to mk 14 gear. ARE YOU LISTENTING CRYPTIC?!?!? WE WILL NOT STAND FOR ANY FURTHER GRINDING!!!!!!!!! Free upgrades on our fleet gear or full value for a trade in or we walk. Time for you all to decide if you want to continue you short term economics policy & loose veterans like myself or go for long term economics & stop giving players like me the shaft. You've shafted me out of reputation, upgraded borg sets, master craftsmen & I am tired of it. I have no intention of supporting you, perfect world or this bug ridden game any more unless you listen to players like us.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you know what? I agree.

Players have spent so much time and money on reputation systems, fleet holdings, c-store items, lobi store items, lockboxes, etc... Our family has two "Star Trek: Online" accounts. We spent around $500-$600 on purchases. If it was not for the fact that we nuked one account's avatars, I am willing to bet we hit around $700 worth of zen, c-store items, fleet items, ships, etc...

I am with you on this argument.

If Cryptic does not make logical adjustment, I will ask their customer service to delete both accounts.

We spent real money to obtain the highest level (endgame) items.

We also spent a whole lot of time on grinding equipment.

I am way-way past the grinding and nerfing stage.

Unless Cryptic does something reasonable, I will walk away from "Star Trek: Online" for good.

All the c-store, lobi store, lockbox, fleet, and reputation items should come with free level 60 and T6 upgrades. Anything less would be theft.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    venkou wrote: »

Players have spent so much time and money on reputation systems, fleet holdings, c-store items, lobi store items, lockboxes, etc... Our family has two "Star Trek: Online" accounts. We spent around $500-$600 on purchases. If it was not for the fact that we nuked one account's avatars, I am willing to bet we hit around $700 worth of zen, c-store items, fleet items, ships, etc...

I am with you on this argument.

If Cryptic does not make logical adjustment, I will ask their customer service to delete both accounts.

We spent real money to obtain the highest level (endgame) items.

Unless Cryptic does something reasonable, I will walk away from "Star Trek: Online" for good.

All the c-store, lobi store, lockbox, fleet, and reputation items should come with free level 60 and T6 upgrades. Anything less would be theft.

Right on man!!!!
  • Options
    ensignswensonensignswenson Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've had enough as well, but I've already paid for a lifetime subscription. I've prolly put twice what you have in real money into this game. I won't delete my account because at the very least it takes up server space and they have to give me my 500 zen per month but what I can do is not give these A-Holes another dime.

The customer service is practically non existent, bugs go years without getting fixed, i.e. the cloaking/masking bug that we've endured since 1/11/11. They nerf what we work for (reputation) yet ignore the real reasons that pvp has become completely unbalanced. Once we were nearly screwed out of the captains passives that we PAID for with playable Joined Trills and had to fight like hell to not have them nerfed. We were promised 3-4 episodic series with 4-5 missions each per year yet after the DS9 series its been *crickets*. Despite stating this goal/promise since the last mission of that series "Boldly They Rode" premiered on March 10th of 2012 Cryptic has advanced the storyline of Trek a whopping three missions in over two and a half years.

What they can put into the game is fluff and endless grinding. Not to say that I don't appreciate some of the missions and end game content but enough is enough. NO MORE STAR BASE GRINDING, NO MORE REPUTATION GRINDING, and NO MAKING OUR HARD EARNED GEAR OBSOLETE WITHOUT PROPER REDRESS. Again, enough is enough. I've ground for MK XII fleet and rep gear on over a dozen toons and if I am just left out in the cold with no way to upgrade without grinding for it all over again I'll hit Cryptic in the one place that they do understand...the pocket book. Again...not one more dime. I've already put at least 1500 dollars into this game. Think hard Cryptic...do you really wanna lose people like me?

This is to any dev...I'm more than willing to have a real conversation about this if you want to talk...I'll keep checking back on this thread. We'll see how things play out but I am tired of having my fleet mates pushed out of this game, we're all on vent and they are my friends now too. Its time for Cryptic to start fixing the bugs and glitches, put in new episodic story arcs, slow down the grinding in this game and stop giving sole priority to the almighty dollar and do the right thing by the players....you know us little peons who have made this game what it is!!!!
    venkou wrote: »

Players have spent so much time and money on reputation systems, fleet holdings, c-store items, lobi store items, lockboxes, etc... Our family has two "Star Trek: Online" accounts. We spent around $500-$600 on purchases. If it was not for the fact that we nuked a few avatars, I am willing to bet we hit around $700 worth of zen, c-store items, fleet items, ships, etc...

I am with you on this argument. If Delta Rising does something to the quality of our items, I will ask Cryptic's customer service to delete both accounts.

We spent real money to obtain high level items.

All the c-store, lobi store, lockbox, fleet, and reputation items should come with free level 60 upgrades.
  • Options
    sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Me I would like for them to give us the option to upgrade ANY ship. From tier 1 on up. Some of us have a favorite old school ship and would love to be able to fly it at max lvl.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sashibai wrote: »
    Me I would like for them to give us the option to upgrade ANY ship. From tier 1 on up. Some of us have a favorite old school ship and would love to be able to fly it at max lvl.

This is covered in the F.C.T. (against rules to make these threads) under the heading T5 connie.

Whether or not cryptic wants to do that, CBS wouldnt let them, and as the holder of the IP, CBS has final say
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've had enough as well, but I've already paid for a lifetime subscription. I've prolly put twice what you have in real money into this game. I won't delete my account because at the very least it takes up server space and they have to give me my 500 zen per month but what I can do is not give these A-Holes another dime.

The customer service is practically non existent, bugs go years without getting fixed, i.e. the cloaking/masking bug that we've endured since 1/11/11. They nerf what we work for (reputation) yet ignore the real reasons that pvp has become completely unbalanced. Once we were nearly screwed out of the captains passives that we PAID for with playable Joined Trills and had to fight like hell to not have them nerfed. We were promised 3-4 episodic series with 4-5 missions each per year yet after the DS9 series its been *crickets*. Despite stating this goal/promise since the last mission of that series "Boldly They Rode" premiered on March 10th of 2012 Cryptic has advanced the storyline of Trek a whopping three missions in over two and a half years.

What they can put into the game is fluff and endless grinding. Not to say that I don't appreciate some of the missions and end game content but enough is enough. NO MORE STAR BASE GRINDING, NO MORE REPUTATION GRINDING, and NO MAKING OUR HARD EARNED GEAR OBSOLETE WITHOUT PROPER REDRESS. Again, enough is enough. I've ground for MK XII fleet and rep gear on over a dozen toons and if I am just left out in the cold with no way to upgrade without grinding for it all over again I'll hit Cryptic in the one place that they do understand...the pocket book. Again...not one more dime. I've already put at least 1500 dollars into this game. Think hard Cryptic...do you really wanna lose people like me?

This is to any dev...I'm more than willing to have a real conversation about this if you want to talk...I'll keep checking back on this thread. We'll see how things play out but I am tired of having my fleet mates pushed out of this game, we're all on vent and they are my friends now too. Its time for Cryptic to start fixing the bugs and glitches, put new episodic story arcs, slow down the grinding in this game and stop giving sole priority to the almighty dollar and do the right thing by the players....you know us little peons who have made this game what it is!!!!

and yet another RIGHT ON MAN!!!!
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    borthanius wrote: »
    and yet another RIGHT ON MAN!!!!

just to be clear he isnt leaving.

Just closing his wallet and cutting back playtime
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I Am Going To Wait Until I Have More Information Before I Decide If This Is A Good Or Bad Thing!!!!!
    Who's With Me?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is covered in the F.C.T. (against rules to make these threads) under the heading T5 connie.

Whether or not cryptic wants to do that, CBS wouldnt let them, and as the holder of the IP, CBS has final say

The F.C.T. is a joke .
    As to the rest of it, I can still recall the time when Cryptic tried to sell the no T5 Connie as logical .
    That has obviously been changed since Enterprise era ships are now superior to ships created hundreds of years later .

Not to mention the ongoing joke of the Enterprise B and C being better in STO then the D.
This discussion has been closed.