test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expansion 2: Delta Rising

Comments

• daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Sir, please! Krenim ships have Chronoton torpedoes that act like transphasics. I can see them doing photon level damage with 80% penetration and speed/turn debuff. Oh the humanity ...

My bad, I forgot this is a pew pew shoot shoot kill kill game. I *almost* thought it was a Star Trek game. I apologize.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I shall call it, The dumb TRIBBLE Lockbox :D

I LOL at your comment and signature pic! Nicely done!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited August 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    My bad, I forgot this is a pew pew shoot shoot kill kill game. I *almost* thought it was a Star Trek game. I apologize.

That's okay. We all start out think this is a Star Trek game. Cryptic dispels that illusion eventually.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited August 2014
    That's okay. We all start out think this is a Star Trek game. Cryptic dispels that illusion eventually.

Unlike you Klingon, I have seen the five lights of Dukat. I have seen the light of the Prophet Damar. And I BELIEVE this could be a Star Trek game!!

In the mirror universe, perhaps. But that's still a stretch.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
    edited August 2014
    Unlike you Klingon, I have seen the five lights of Dukat. I have seen the light of the Prophet Damar. And I BELIEVE this could be a Star Trek game!!

In the mirror universe, perhaps. But that's still a stretch.

There ... are ... four ... lights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGhMRBbzY

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited August 2014
    There ... are ... four ... lights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGhMRBbzY

Four are Dukat. One is Damar. THERE ARE FIVE LIGHTS!!!!!
  • namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I might actually pay attention to your argument if you supplied one, used punctuation and avoided runoff sentences. Please take schooling seriously! ;)

I literally laughed out loud when I read this.
  • namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm still trying to figure out why we can have 4 commander BOffs, essentially 4 first officers.

Not quite 4 XOs, but I just figured having to promote for more skills was an artifact of the age old "why is rank tied to level?!" question. Smh...
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For all those wondering why you have so many Commanders, they let you use the lower rank pips on the uniforms, so you can always pretend if it really bugs you that much.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I thought I saw 8 lights but then I realized there was a nanov in the room.
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *shudder* The Vidiians were so much more compelling...but I guess medical mysteries and genuine moral dilemmas aren't good enough for this game.
    The vidiians were cured if the Think Tank are to be believed.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    IMPORTANT: Please direct all comments regarding T6 ship discussion here!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1185131

IMPORTANT POST BY QUACK REGARDING T6 SHIPS: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18360321&postcount=53

Old ships will not be obsolete.

Coming October

EDIT: Level 50 to 60 and story based content confirmed.

Mark MK XII and MK XIV confirmed.

New methods of captain advancement via specialization trees.

Many new races to encounter.

Tier 6 ships introducing new class of starships and new class of boffs.

Voyager interior (I'm told the option with or without Neelix's kitchen.)

Better intrepid model

Exploration

Homeworld of a rarely seen species.

Many new ships for all factions.

New ships having new powers.

There were new concepts of new world art.

Tim Russ will return as Tuvok. Several more Voyager cast will be joining. Garret Wang the next confirmed actor reprising his role as Harry Kim.

Harry Kim will be captain of the Rhode Island.

Talaxians and Ocampans will be allies, unsure if they will be playable right now.

(Find updates at https://twitter.com/Drogyn1701 as well.)

Q&A:

Q&A: doffs through Gateway? Revamp allows that. Dev time for that not scheduled, but is possible.

Q&A: generic boffs on bridges. Geko wasn't aware, thanks for bringing that up

Q&A: science ships not competitive, especially when not in fleet. Crafting is for that. New tac heavy Sci ships coming

Q&A: more underrepresented Alpha quad species? "Trek is so huge, right now focusing on Delta Quadrant." only small section of that even

Q&A: Achilles Class? "interested in blazing our own trail." mostly sticking to STO designs for non canon ships

Q&A: Not raising existing rep caps, but adding new rep tracks

Q&A: Kzinti? No, don't think they'll ever get access to that.

Q&A: Only have partial access to Animated Series material

Q:&A Existing T5 ships will be competitive. Will be way to "make them better"

Q&A: Baz asking about foundry. "Have some plans that will make it more visible to more people"

Link to Trek Radio Q&A sessions.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18365301#post18365301

not sure how the talaxians will fit in as allies when they are under haakonian order protection. mind explaining that first?

the ocampa dont make sense as they are more interested in their own problems then they ever seemed with outsider concerns to themselves exception to the kazon.

well tim russ reprising his role is no surprise considering the worst kept secret around is going to the delta quadrant. so now the rhode island is involved hmm? see how that works out, the team got tuvok right first time out and since.

wait wut? exploration?

captain spec tree? like champions online spec tree? and what happens to the trait system?

was just thinking of actors or actresses that could reprise their role, alice krieg or susanna thompson as borg queen again?

Anthony de Longis may have reprised his role as Cullah, as far as im aware he isnt into anything for a few years. and what about the half breed cardassian/kazon boy?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *panting heavily* Finally...made it...through...the thread...Phew.

Damn though people. I'm busy for ONE day. ONE DAY, and Cryptic drops all of this on us. Yeah it might all be speculation and worry right now, but damn.

Heh...well, this will be an interesting chat with my fleet mates tomorrow.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    For all those wondering why you have so many Commanders, they let you use the lower rank pips on the uniforms, so you can always pretend if it really bugs you that much.
    I only have 3 commanders per crew, idfc. ;)
    edited August 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    The vidiians were cured if the Think Tank are to be believed.

Yeah if they got outsmarted by Janeway and some mercenary space thugs you can take it to the bank they were full of targ doodoo.
    edited August 2014
    Yeah if they got outsmarted by Janeway and some mercenary space thugs you can take it to the bank they were full of targ doodoo.

i never believed it anyway as this group had lied and wanted to steal seven of nine for some purpose. so their reliability to the truth was about as useful as a cement truck with fairy wings.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having control of several ships at the same time was in the original star trek online game they copied shamlessly, starfleet command 1, 2 and 3.

So strictly speaking it was no al rivera's idea to operate a npc fleet.

And about old ships being oudated with t6 they should have had the blog ready to come up and start explaining their terrible ideas.

Because the sooner we hear about it the sooner we can start telling them what to correct and yes I say that consciously condescending look back at any update in history period right up to and including crafting.

Personally I can't picture it working out for me. I don't want to let go of the ships I have plus I live by 1 ship per character.

So on one hand ship has to worth leveling a character to 50 without mirror event - on 3 factions and then some crafting like reputation for 50-60, JUST for a ship that is supposedly not really better.

At the same time I look at all the old new maps in the queue and have to say if it's going to end the same yet again, with everyone basically just playing the same 2-3 eSTF for dil farming, then what is the point of a new ship.

Hard to picture a solution unless t6 has no maps with better rewards and the gameplay is tailor made to t6 ships' special abilities.

So yeah just drop the blog already so we can get to work on flaming it
    edited August 2014
    i never believed it anyway as this group had lied and wanted to steal seven of nine for some purpose. so their reliability to the truth was about as useful as a cement truck with fairy wings.

It was a failed seinfeld spin off lol :D

Oh yeah Jerry over there cured the phage, elaine made talaxians where they are no longer annoying, and Kramer he figured out how to turn that Malon waste into Dr. Pepper.

They had a good run but now they are gone :) rofl

Edit: I bet first dev blog is gonna make me happy. It's going to say Tier 6 KDF ship K'vort 6 tactical consoles 1 science console and 3 engineering consolesand 6 forward weapons non aft. With 2 hangars to launch bop pets out of a bop and turns like a shuttle. Yeah I can see it now.
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel obligated to offer to supply this thread with a box of pacifiers and diapers. What a bunch of knee-jerk crybabying, wow.

I'm looking very forward to this expansion. New levels to accomplish? Yes, please! Moar storyline? HECK yes, please! T6 ships? I'll gladly shelve my paid-for--with-real-cash Oddy for that. Higher level gear? I'll happily grind for it if I can't upgrade what I already have. New stuff is badly needed in game and highly welcome. This is what everyone demanded for how long now? I don't see why so many people have their panties in a wad, but then again, the biggest complainers in life typically are the ones impossible to make happy no matter what's offered.
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nyx219 wrote: »
    I feel obligated to offer to supply this thread with a box of pacifiers and diapers. What a bunch of knee-jerk crybabying, wow.

I'm looking very forward to this expansion. New levels to accomplish? Yes, please! Moar storyline? HECK yes, please! T6 ships? I'll gladly shelve my paid-for--with-real-cash Oddy for that. Higher level gear? I'll happily grind for it if I can't upgrade what I already have. New stuff is badly needed in game and highly welcome. This is what everyone demanded for how long now? I don't see why so many people have their panties in a wad, but then again, the biggest complainers in life typically are the ones impossible to make happy no matter what's offered.

Please. Be the first to try on your diapers and pacifiers....
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    /snip

New BUG-FIXES/REVAMPS FOR OLD CONTENT ARE badly needed in game and highly welcome. This is what everyone demanded for how long now?

fixed it for u ;)
    edited August 2014
    Please. Be the first to try on your diapers and pacifiers....

ROFL...

Its all good though there are players who just play a couple days of each release and then don't come back until the next one gets here. Actually thinking about that hmmmm maybe that is what I should do from now on lol. Maybe this way I won't be a whiner lol although I prefer KDF hardliner better makes me feel like I am the dictator of all star trek well just my doffs but you know.
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited August 2014

I really feel sorry for you, that you love it to spend your lifetime with more dull grinding.

And that new stuff people are demanding in fact is Content! Let me spell it: C O N T E N T.

All you get from Devs is Grind, i spell this as well: G R I N D.

See the difference?
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • baratgabbaratgab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope the devs will improve/optimize the graphics engine and many aspect of the game mechanics as well, because otherwise pretty soon there will be no point in adding more content...
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited August 2014
    baratgab wrote: »
    I hope the devs will improve/optimize the graphics engine and many aspect of the game mechanics as well, because otherwise pretty soon there will be no point in adding more content...

No, no and no.

Seriously, optimizing mechanics? LOL, for example you really expect them to make Space Combat full 360° , unbound from the horizontal axis. Never. Or stop powercreeping and dropping worse-balanced stuff into the game, without spending a single minute to think about it. Or maybe fixing that Bug that let projectiles hit seconds before they actually hit you graphically?

"adding more content". What content? What are you talking about? ;) PvE Maps are no content! We can be lucky if we get a single Episode. As i don't expect them to add a new faction, i don't expect them to offer us a whole chain of new episodes like with LoR.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
    edited August 2014

when you feel compelled to use that thing called a "brain" one day and make a point, let me know.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i guess it's time to sell my JHAS. no ship/gear buying till october...
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It all sounds exciting, a focus on loads of story content has been desperately needed for nearly a year. Plus, hopefully the Delta Quadrant will let them cut loose with things more, loads of mini missions with one off races that are diverse and fresh rather than the usual kill and loot style.

I'll reserve judgement on this whole T6 ship situation. It could be a total disaster for the game if T5 ships are not respected and left in the dust.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *hops over to bf4* pewpewpew :P
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    loads of mini missions

Those would be confusing for new players and increase the storage-capacity of STO.