test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace Party Nullifier

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    July 12, 1979 became known as "the day disco died" because of Disco Demolition Night, an anti-disco demonstration in a baseball double-header at Comiskey Park in Chicago.[47] Rock station DJs Steve Dahl and Garry Meier, along with Michael Veeck, son of Chicago White Sox owner Bill Veeck, staged the promotional event for disgruntled rock fans between the games of a White Sox doubleheader. The event, which involved exploding disco records, ended with a riot, during which the raucous crowd tore out seats and pieces of turf, and caused other damage. The Chicago Police Department made numerous arrests, and the extensive damage to the field forced the White Sox to forfeit the second game to the Detroit Tigers, who had won the first game.

On July 21, 1979, the top six records on the U.S. music charts were disco songs.[25] By September 22 there were no disco songs in the US Top 10 chart.[25] Some in the media, in celebratory tones, declared disco "dead" and rock revived.[25]

Once again, July 2014, disco died a gruesome death at the hands of [redacted].
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    July 12, 1979 became known as "the day disco died" because of Disco Demolition Night, an anti-disco demonstration in a baseball double-header at Comiskey Park in Chicago.[47] Rock station DJs Steve Dahl and Garry Meier, along with Michael Veeck, son of Chicago White Sox owner Bill Veeck, staged the promotional event for disgruntled rock fans between the games of a White Sox doubleheader. The event, which involved exploding disco records, ended with a riot, during which the raucous crowd tore out seats and pieces of turf, and caused other damage. The Chicago Police Department made numerous arrests, and the extensive damage to the field forced the White Sox to forfeit the second game to the Detroit Tigers, who had won the first game.

On July 21, 1979, the top six records on the U.S. music charts were disco songs.[25] By September 22 there were no disco songs in the US Top 10 chart.[25] Some in the media, in celebratory tones, declared disco "dead" and rock revived.[25]

Once again, July 2014, disco died a gruesome death at the hands of [redacted].

heretic! :D

disco inferno + amp = win.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not sure what you're all complaining about as the Disco is still there. If some choose to turn away from it's purifying light and refuse to partake in the sacred ritual of the dance to earn the blessing that is Emergency Power to Party then that is their right, but the Disco still lives for the rest of the faithful.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
    edited July 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    So...you object to a device that allows players to resist an unwanted compulsion to 'get down' and 'boogie' when they maybe don't want to? Are you claiming it is legitimate to use compulsion to force someone to participate in your partying, your way, to your music?

i.e. "Choice" is only acceptable to you when it's YOUR choice?

Disco disco, good good!
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well, seems to work simply by swapping instance, or beaming back from your ship.
    Which defeats the purpose of the command. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited July 2014
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Those "who do not play well with others" have won. They also used the developers time to do so.

Oh the flawed logic contained in this quote. The Disco ball took up developers time and yet I dont see you complaining about it. What did it bring to the game beyond creating an opportunity to hijack another players actions?

Creating the Party Nulifier is no different than creating a counter to anything else that can be used by players in the game. Shields to Beams and Projectiles. Buffs and Debuffs. Get over it. Your Trollapalooza has come to an end.
    edited July 2014
    Some hate to dance (party poopers), some love to dance.

Let's all live in peace, get into the groove, and live our lives to the fullest.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just remember, boys and girls, groove is in the heart and will always be there for you.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Party Nullifier"? Seriously?

The devs actually wasted time on this TRIBBLE? :rolleyes:
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Which defeats the purpose of the command. :rolleyes:

Who is silly enough to stay in the same place for that long anyways?

If I go to the exchange or the bank, I'ts not like I am planning to stay there? Theres usually a purpose.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there's a market for it, and there are people who've been complaining about the Amplifier so often they had to make a forum rule about threads involving it-so there's DEFINITELY a market for it in the game. it's a way to make a buck for Cryptic, and it's a way that people have been asking for, so why the surprise?

Well, when you put it that way, you make a good point.

Too bad Cryptic isn't that accommodating for a few other "issues" in that game.
    edited July 2014
    there's a market for it, and there are people who've been complaining about the Amplifier so often they had to make a forum rule about threads involving it-so there's DEFINITELY a market for it in the game. it's a way to make a buck for Cryptic, and it's a way that people have been asking for, so why the surprise?

They should make it a zen thing then... Imagine the income... Even greater than lottery boxes.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    They should make it a zen thing then... Imagine the income... Even greater than lottery boxes.

Right, so you have to pay to have the ability to counter something people can get in-game without paying a cent. :rolleyes: (No, dil-to-zen grinding doesn't count: somebody had to buy the zen, even if it wasn't you.)

Good on you, Cryptic.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i reckon the nullifiers should consume themselves every time they nullify a disco ball.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i reckon the nullifiers should consume themselves every time they nullify a disco ball.

Nah, Spock wasn't "consumed" after nerve-pinching that dude on the bus in Star Trek IV either.:)
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh the delicious tears of the trolls who can't troll anymore, please cry more.
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll only allow it when, if it is activated, everything turns into either black and white or some sort of Sepia Tone, Music and Sound is slowly getting drowned out and the Player Character lets his arms and head hang down and sighs heavily every few seconds until it is deactivated, if standing near a wall the PC should lean against it in a frowny and sad way.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    edited July 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Right, so you have to pay to have the ability to counter something people can get in-game without paying a cent. :rolleyes: (No, dil-to-zen grinding doesn't count: somebody had to buy the zen, even if it wasn't you.)

Good on you, Cryptic.

No I mean for both.... Dude... it's $$$ for Cryptic...
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hahhahahhahaha all Saturday Night Fever ppl going to be tore up :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited July 2014
    Thank you, Mr. Nabreeki.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh the delicious tears of the trolls who can't troll anymore, please cry more.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/8558/BATMAN-THUMBS-UP30.jpg
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    I was never trolled by Starfleet Dental in the nearly 2 years I have been here. It so unfair. Why do you exclude people nabreeki? :(
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Agree 100%
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited July 2014
    I was never trolled by Starfleet Dental in the nearly 2 years I have been here. It so unfair. Why do you exclude people nabreeki? :(

Discrimination I say :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If they really wanted players to craft, they would have made the nullifier craftable . . . After reaching level 20
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Agree 100%

ya of course you would...... :rolleyes: they should not be consumable but permanent and make it a legendary item ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited July 2014
    People, please... Do not fight.

Time to Boogy.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    ya of course you would...... :rolleyes: they should not be consumable but permanent and make it a legendary item ;)

If the item they counter is consumable, then they should be too.

p.s. it doesn't bother me that much though, I still get a three minute light show.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited July 2014
    Hoping for more tears.