What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Discussion Thread: Season 9.5 Crafting Update

Comments

• Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, were well passed 12 hours.. no new blog or info = fail and LIE...

Just waiting for them to confirm the loss of all investments in crafting systems (old) or if they will give us some pittance for out efforts and EXPENSE.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    Well, were well passed 12 hours.. no new blog or info = fail and LIE...
    12 hours in-universe, not IRL. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe this has been asked/answered already but I really don't want to read over 11 pages to find out, but does "We’re going to wipe away everything that came before" mean that the Aegis Space Sets are going to be removed?
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Maybe this has been asked/answered already but I really don't want to read over 11 pages to find out, but does "We’re going to wipe away everything that came before" mean that the Aegis Space Sets are going to be removed?

Dont worry they never remove gear, but the ability to make it may leave or change radically
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did this NPC lose his/her watch? 12 hours and that was like over 24 hours ago. Or were the Feds trolled by the Undine yet again?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Did this NPC lose his/her watch? 12 hours and that was like over 24 hours ago. Or were the Feds trolled by the Undine yet again?
    Nah. 12 hours in-game to an NPC is like 3 days to us. =p
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    vardariotaivardariotai Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sounds like they are going to ruin the crafting system! I don't care about the other items much, I just wonder will aegis still there. It's kind of sort of useful until the rep set. Even if the aegis is still there, will aegis be nerfed or buffed. (I have a haunch that it's the former)

STO has been casualizing or bumming out existing features, I can only imagine how they will make crafting more time-wasting with 20 hour cooldown demanding more resources like EC or exps (I might've mentioned dils but they already did that!) or other stuff they'll add in. Heck, I bet they'll make it a rep page & you must farm points just to get them. To make sure we'll remain happy, they'll flood the crafting page with MORE stuff to craft. Which means more farming for points! Now I wonder what will be the method of farming points. Say goodbye to anomalies & replace them with rep points?

I might've crafted more if they bother to add more stuff.

Look, I like this game, stop making them boring for me by making everything all of the same. Now it's just min-maxing all the time. I kind of liked the current system because at least you have to remember the names of the anomalies & where to get them. Now? It's just all min-maxing.

It's just boring.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As part of the new Research and Development system that we’re introducing in Season 9.5, we’re updating the kinds of raw materials that you’ll use. Designer Jesse Heinig Read more details about how the new system works in the latest entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There ya go.

Would've been better with pictures of the R&D U.I. or something...
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Conversion rates? Conversion rates? Conversion rates? :D
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Another blog with as little info as possible....... TELL/SHOW me how you plan to keep crafting relevant.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    looks good, now i know all the particles and such i've been saving will actually be worth something again!

my pack rat hoarder mentality finally pays off x3
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm gonna be frank - after my experiences with the Neverwinter crafting system seeing that this new revamped crafting system will have Zen Store purchasables is throwing up a massive number of red flags.

I'm not writing it off completely, but I do have some very big reservations. I also have a couple of questions:

1) Will we still be able to get crafting mats from visiting exploration clusters?
    2) Will we still be able to get crafting mats from exploration cluster missions?
    3) Can we have some numbers on intended drop rates for uncommon, rare, and very rare crafting mats?
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Guess I'll start saving, when will this come to Tribble?
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm glad there is still a blog for today and I'm glad about the contents. I'm glad we essentially get more inventory, and I'm glad we can convert our old items into the new crafting, but also that it usn't mandatory. One last question, will the crafting inventory be account bank, or character bank?
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay, color me curious. I was never fond of the old way of crafting - heck, I never cared to do so because of how many things you needed. I think this might draw me in, even with the C-Store bundle.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My bulging bank thanks you :)
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for allowing the people who have a small fortune worth of materials to get a better start in the new system. I have an alt that is dedicated to using the bank for material storage, so I can finally clear that out. And THANK YOU so much for making a new section of inventory storage for those materials!
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm...

I've been selling off my stuff for the past week in anticipation of a bad result. Perhaps I was wrong? We'll soon see....
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I gather in this blog is more of the same crafting, except now we have to do queued events to work on crafting or buy from the C-store.

Personally, I DO NOT like the idea of very rare materials in queued events, because the queues are DEAD! Especially on the Klingon side. So there's got to be other methods of gathering Very Rare matericals - that doesn't require us to buy from the C-store. For instance, DOFF missions that take days to accomplish (I'm willing to deal with that).

Also, I'm concerned that the Very Rare materials in these Queued events will be "first come, first serve". So people will recklessly rush to get the mats, just like how people rushed to the gift in the first week of the Gingerbread town in the Winter Event. That makes me less likely to do queued events, even if they are empty.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It all comes down if my max crafter is going to need to start over (for the third time I believe). We will see what happens...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but what I gather in this blog is more of the same crafting, except now we have to do queued events to work on crafting or buy from the C-store.

Personally, I DO NOT like the idea of very rare materials in queued events, because the queues are DEAD! Especially on the Klingon side. So there better be other methods of gathering Very Rare matericals - that doesn't require us to buy from the C-store.

I think if there is a new reason to play queued events, maybe they'll become popular again. Also, it's not going to be the same system. I'm guessing that there will be a lot of exclusive items, maybe even items that we can customize to look or perform the way we want them to, that will only be available through crafting. I can't imagine that the only crafting update that we'll be getting is new materials and storage.
  • Options
    ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    It all comes down if my max crafter is going to need to start over (for the third time I believe). We will see what happens...

Stop saying 'max crafter' as if it means something. It's like boasting about being at the end of kindergarden - it's simple, quick, easy and if you think it's been an achievement, then you've got big problems coming when a real task comes up.
  • Options
    sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is getting uncomfortably close to the Neverwinter system, and I'm especially concerned about monetizing crafting with the C-store.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cannot wait.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My KDF and Fed thank you for this as I cam use my current matierials for a decent start in this new system
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]