Comments

• Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kudos for the return of the TR-116B!
  • Options
    jediwolfkkhjediwolfkkh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First of all I need to say it is an interesting concept. I play SWTOR as well and have maxed out all crafting professions there as well as the old crafting on here. I craft in every game I play that has crafting.

I have to agree with the major consensus that Dilithium needs be minimal or removed completely from crafting as Crafting should be an option to use instead of the Fleet/Rep Stores. The Price reduction is a good start.

The random quality results needs to be changed as well. If you look at SWTOR crafting you learn the basic recipe for a crafted item, usually Green. You can choose to Reverse Engineer crafted items with a chance to get the next rarity level. Once you have the next rarity you craft them and Reverse Engineer again to get the Next. SWTOR uses similar color progression so it would be
    Green --> Blue --> Purple for most items. This is just one option for changing the random quality result, I'm sure the Devs and other players have other ideas for how this can be done.

The random Mods are an issue for me as well because again I'm in favor of knowing what I am getting when I craft something in a game. I understand with the new mods you've added and some of the existing mods you don't want people creating a Ship with all purple weapons with [CrtH]x3 on all weapons because that would destroy any semblance of balance but maybe set thing up so that you can't put any mod in place on an Item more than once making the Fleet and Rep Versions as well as random drops with those stats viable as well as allowing players to create unique combinations of Mods that suit their play styles. IE: I'd love to build a Transphasic Torpedo Launcher with the CritH / Snare mods and maybe something else once I see more of the new mod options.

Kit Modules should be added back into the crafting system so that they can be obtained more reliably without the overpricing that's happening in the in game economy

The R&D UI is relatively easy to use but has some faults that many other have already covered so I need not go into detail on those.

I'd like to see Wide Angle Torpedo Launchers added for the other torpedo types other than Quantum, simply require that the account have the Assault Cruiser Refit: Regent Class unlocked in order to gain the schematics for it. Similar option for the Quad Cannons, add craftable versions that aren't available through ships and require at least one of the ships that have them be unlocked on the account to get the schematics. Make the Crafting level of each of those appropriate to the level in which the Ships are available so around Projectiles 10 -12 for the Wide Angle and Cannons 5 for the Quads.

While I just gave the negative and wish list I'll say this now:

This is an improvement over the old system as it wasn't much of a system to begin with. There is a lot of work that still needs to be done to make it worth the time for the players to put in on it. As for those who have already maxed the old system as I have , they should be given the option of any one school they choose unlocked to level 15. This gives them a reasonable head start without giving them the entire system unlocked and reimburses their time, xp and dilithium spent on the old system. I know they've stated otherwise on this but might be an idea to rethink that decision before launch.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    self admission that I ahve not read all 80 pages.

I've spent a couple days on and off on tribble with this. OK I can get behind the whole "lets do doffs to slow down the advancement" thing and that's all it really does.

I don't like the randomness aspect, and that's a dead horse.

the progression SUCKS. I'm at level two in engineering. so far i have crafted a dozen consoles and impulse engines and I still have 7K+ xp to get to level 4. the green mk vi console I'm currently crafting will net me a whopping 35 xp. FOR...AN...HOUR...OF...CRAFTING. I should make level 3 in 111 hours of crafting. assuming I get greens.

seriously? how is that remotely worthwhile?

and while we are at it, why don't we make a sink for vendor trash and let the doffs break down the gear that are drops for the components we need to craft?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    robanskerobanske Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In the update, will our general research skill that we already have now be wiped or transferred somehow to the new system?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    robanske wrote: »
    In the update, will our general research skill that we already have now be wiped or transferred somehow to the new system?
    It'll still exist, but it seems that it will only be useful on Defera, unless they finally get around to changing that too.

@Annemarie: What? Crafting Mk6 beam arrays gets me 600 xp. 35 for a mk6 sounds like a bug.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It'll still exist, but it seems that it will only be useful on Defera, unless they finally get around to changing that too.

@Annemarie: What? Crafting Mk6 beam arrays gets me 600 xp. 35 for a mk6 sounds like a bug.

you are right. i was looking at crafting skill
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited July 2014

It will be deleted pretty much. Hmm. Actually exactly.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wardcalis wrote: »
    Will we be able to mod unique items. For example. Can I add or change stats on items. Like add [Pen] to the omega torp or [Over] to the experimental proton wep

Nope you can't, it's a random lottery game ... but "maybe somewhere in the Future, yadda yadda" ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As much as I appreciate a revamp of a formerly useless crafting system, are they adding something else or is this all we get for season 9.5? I don't think a new crafting system will bring that many people back to STO. On the contrary. Seeing yet another ressource sink combined with long waiting times introduced even more players might take their leave from the game.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I fully support the removal. It's dated. And I wasn't using it anyways.

Speaking of more dated content that is confusing and should be removed, I think Defera's time has come too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Crafting Was Broken The Second You Added Items Required That Required Dilithium! But Now You Have Destroyed It Why Is Memory Alpha Only Duty Officers Now? Are You Streamlining The Game Again? Hell Your Taking The Clusters And Making That A Duty Officer Area Too Why Not Just Let Us Sit At The Bar And Do Duty Office TRIBBLE All Day Long! I Mean You Messed Up The Rankings Too For That Matter By Letting Duty Office Be Apart Of The Ranking! Hurry Up Rank Up Miss Half The Game Take Space Exploring Out Cut The Earth Space Dock In Half What Next! You Once Again Started Taking Away The Ships Interior You Never Fix That And The Looks Like TRIBBLE But Than Who Care Because Were Just Going To Be Doing Duty Officer Missions Anyway!!!

I WISH RODDENBERRY WAS HERE HE'D B- SLAP YA!!!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I fully support the removal. It's dated. And I wasn't using it anyways.

Speaking of more dated content that is confusing and should be removed, I think Defera's time has come too.

Just because your not using it doesnt mean nobody else is. I also wasnt using it but deciding to remove things from the game when there is so little content in the game as it is silly. They should replace it not get rid and use the foundry doors as a way of softening the blow. We all know the reason it is being removed it's because Cryptic don't want us to get marks from there as that was a major thing.

But since Cryptic seem to like removing content why don't they remove the constant grind from the game and no need to replace it as quite frankly it is useless. Oh and remove the dilithum cap we don't need that either and you know what people may actually be happy with the removal of the cap that you may get wallets opened again.

I for one have the money I put into Cryptic going elsewhere a month and you know what I actually get more enjoyment in paying for something that has more playability and less of a grind.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First of all I need to say it is an interesting concept. I play SWTOR as well and have maxed out all crafting professions there as well as the old crafting on here. I craft in every game I play that has crafting.

I have to agree with the major consensus that Dilithium needs be minimal or removed completely from crafting as Crafting should be an option to use instead of the Fleet/Rep Stores. The Price reduction is a good start.

The random quality results needs to be changed as well. If you look at SWTOR crafting you learn the basic recipe for a crafted item, usually Green. You can choose to Reverse Engineer crafted items with a chance to get the next rarity level. Once you have the next rarity you craft them and Reverse Engineer again to get the Next. SWTOR uses similar color progression so it would be
    Green --> Blue --> Purple for most items. This is just one option for changing the random quality result, I'm sure the Devs and other players have other ideas for how this can be done.

The random Mods are an issue for me as well because again I'm in favor of knowing what I am getting when I craft something in a game. I understand with the new mods you've added and some of the existing mods you don't want people creating a Ship with all purple weapons with [CrtH]x3 on all weapons because that would destroy any semblance of balance but maybe set thing up so that you can't put any mod in place on an Item more than once making the Fleet and Rep Versions as well as random drops with those stats viable as well as allowing players to create unique combinations of Mods that suit their play styles. IE: I'd love to build a Transphasic Torpedo Launcher with the CritH / Snare mods and maybe something else once I see more of the new mod options.

Kit Modules should be added back into the crafting system so that they can be obtained more reliably without the overpricing that's happening in the in game economy
    Real brilliance here.
    The R&D UI is relatively easy to use but has some faults that many other have already covered so I need not go into detail on those.
    We'll have to disagree on that.
    I'd like to see Wide Angle Torpedo Launchers added for the other torpedo types other than Quantum, simply require that the account have the Assault Cruiser Refit: Regent Class unlocked in order to gain the schematics for it. Similar option for the Quad Cannons, add craftable versions that aren't available through ships and require at least one of the ships that have them be unlocked on the account to get the schematics. Make the Crafting level of each of those appropriate to the level in which the Ships are available so around Projectiles 10 -12 for the Wide Angle and Cannons 5 for the Quads.
    This is brilliance.
    While I just gave the negative and wish list I'll say this now:

This is an improvement over the old system as it wasn't much of a system to begin with. There is a lot of work that still needs to be done to make it worth the time for the players to put in on it. As for those who have already maxed the old system as I have , they should be given the option of any one school they choose unlocked to level 15. This gives them a reasonable head start without giving them the entire system unlocked and reimburses their time, xp and dilithium spent on the old system. I know they've stated otherwise on this but might be an idea to rethink that decision before launch.

Excellent idea.

To tell the truth it shouldn't take more than a 45 days at most to unlock any school to max in my view. That's roughly the time it takes to max out a rep at a leisurely pace playing daily. If we treat each crafting school as an individual rep system then that makes sense. Now Crafting is supposed to be a much more interactive activity than gaining reputation, rep being a system where the marks actually represent the work that we've put into it that actually gained the reputation. Crafting is something that you learn by doing. But you shouldn't have to do it ALL the time to gain meaningful advancement.

The question that needs to be answered is how much time should we reasonably be expected to invest into this system?

Is there some reason that there needs to be a limited amount of crafters that the bar would be set so high? Is this something supposed to be attainable by everyone or just the dedicated few? I would think it is supposed to be difficult enough to be worthwhile but still accessible for everyone. Thousands of hours of specific playtime really doesn't work that well.

We know the devs are tweaking this as we go and this is still relatively early in testing, but clearly we're all looking at a monster climb as it stands now.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    samsonhalfzwaresamsonhalfzware Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "The Aegis Set as a whole has been improved"

does this mean already owned and used sets will be set to the new stats, or do i have to re-craft them?
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "The Aegis Set as a whole has been improved"

does this mean already owned and used sets will be set to the new stats, or do i have to re-craft them?
    Our existing sets will be updated. Though we'll have to start crafting to get ultra-rare fleet-quality versions.
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Could people please read a bit.
    That same question has been answered at least a dozen times already
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This is interesting after closing, I noticed a pre-patch of 1440mb. So, I'm assuming this new crafting system will be the crafting system no matter what the players feel. I have the pre-patch screenshot.

I guess any feedback other then Cryptic is in the garbage pile. Also, fleet weapons gear going be jacked up aka normalized.
  • Options
    ricardoreevesricardoreeves Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    - Fleet Starbases still have the Project with "Particle Traces and Datasamples" (They don´t exist anymore)

- Crafting Melee Weapon (Lirpa, Battlet) is not possible anymore

- What happens to the Shematics we crafted before? Example: (Schematic: Torpedo Launcher)

- What happens to the Unrepleacatable Materials we still have in our Inventory?

- The White Duty Officers we get at the beginning (reward for completing crating in earlier state of game) are useless. They are only White and fill the roster unnessesary. Better 3-6 purple :P

Thanks
    GERMAN - speaking
  • Options
    borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So as I understand it I'm going to loose my master craftsman status w/ the 2 characters that already EARNED it? I might get compensated by giving me a token to speed up my new grinding in crafting? What else are you planning on taking away from me that I've already earned... diplomatic status? Can you do nothing in this game but break things, nerf things & introduce more grinding? Maybe the Chinese people enjoy grinding but 99% of Americans do not. Kiss my rosy red behind Craptic & go ahead & ban me from these forums- I don't give a rats posterior anymore, since it's quite obvious you don't.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pre-patching is up...

This means that the so called "Crafting Revamp" will be going live in its Alpha state soon(tm)...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Pre-patching is up...

This means that the so called "Crafting Revamp" will be going live in its Alpha state soon(tm)...

I wonder if anyone realize Tribble is more almost live state server not the alpha state server. So all the mess ups is going be live.

Classic Cryptic way!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    borthanius wrote: »
    So as I understand it I'm going to loose my master craftsman status w/ the 2 characters that already EARNED it? I might get compensated by giving me a token to speed up my new grinding in crafting? What else are you planning on taking away from me that I've already earned... diplomatic status? Can you do nothing in this game but break things, nerf things & introduce more grinding? Maybe the Chinese people enjoy grinding but 99% of Americans do not. Kiss my rosy red behind Craptic & go ahead & ban me from these forums- I don't give a rats posterior anymore, since it's quite obvious you don't.

You know something sometime I even feel like saying this as well
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edelstahl77edelstahl77 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    for me, its not ok and fair, that peoples which reach maximum level in the old crafting system and got there the highest level of items, get now only 2 accolades, 2 parts (a lens and something else) and approx 15 holo doffs.

thats really not fair and ok!

the minimum would be to let this people start in level 2 or 3!
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if anyone realize Tribble is more almost live state server not the alpha state server. So all the mess ups is going be live.

Classic Cryptic way!
    The thing is, this time Geko openly admitted in an interview that what we're seeing on Tribble is an Alpha. And since pre-patching is live, we can safely assume Season 9,5 Alpha build is coming live soon. My guess is next week, after the Summer Event is over.

But aside from that, yeah, classic Cryptic way. Tribble is just a preview.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Question - Once season 9.5 hits, will old versions of the Aegis space set be changed to match the new versions?
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Check out the last of our 3-part Crafting Blog where Lead Content Designer Charles Gray reveals details about the new Research and Development Material Packs. For more info, read here.

~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Will Catalysts be only found in Booster packages ?

Regarding very rare crafting mats, we're back pre-reputation period with the Borg Sets tokens. Only extented to all queues. Too bad it's not random. You'll have two choices to get your mat : either buy it on the Exchange, or farm the same queue again and again and again.... Or buy a Booster package on the C Store :/

Edit : I forgot the R&D assignment on SFA in the list