test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,454 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Your heart was beating faster when you were leaning over me.
    *Continues to mess with the controls to keep them from being detected*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *Blinks*

So? It's a... a, ah, natural response to finding that a person your tailing is protected by...

*Looks at screen.*

Three? Three different ships...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,454 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Shouldn't be too much of a problem. And Kuntel... I've got vulpine hearing. You stuttered.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    *Breathes deep and slow.*

Again, so? Stuttering is something that can mean a, a whole lot of things.

*Starts tapping at the console again.*

So, what I was thinking was we excel towards them, let them fire a few times, feign critical failure, and then let them think they beat us.

*Looks at Jade.*

If anything, we can count on your clone wanting to destroy you personally. When they board to do that, we kill them. And any guards. Take their places, clothes, things like that.

*Half smiles.*

And we have our infiltration!
    edited July 2014
    First, we have to confirm that it is really them. Second... she could personally kill me by pushing a button. Third... You really want to pass up a chance to tail them to their base?

If we follow them all the way... and its a planet, we could hide the Tornado nearby and walk in. If there is a clone army, then seeing two more individuals who look just like others shouldn't be that much of a stretch.
    edited July 2014
    The thing is, the minute we come out of warp, the base will detect us and take us down. If we go with this, it guarantees that we get to the planet unharmed. And access to areas because we have their clothes any ID they have. Just because it's a clone army doesn't mean you can impersonate someone easily. In fact, it means that the ID must be even more strict...
    edited July 2014
    It depends on where we come out. And... if they're able to detect a ship masking its energy signature.

Or... we could just hitch a ride Star Wars style. They're going to be passing by some planetary rings soon. We get in close through the rings, attach to one and shut down, and ride it out.
    edited July 2014
    The ships are our size. That would be impossible. And seeming as we don't have any cloak, they can look out a window and see us coming. But...

*Raises hands.*

If you want to do it that way, it's your idea. And you're at the controls...

*Sits down, slowly.*
    edited July 2014
    *Thinks for a moment before setting a parallel course*
    Masking energy signature now... as long as we don't get too close... or they look in our direction... we should be good. I can always make a micro warp jump if they do.
    edited July 2014
    *Nods. Then crosses self and mutters prayers.*

*Muttering.* Holy Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name...

*Keeps going, quietly.*
    edited July 2014
    *The trip is uneventful. Jade even manages to catch some sleep after setting the computer to alert them if anything changes*
    edited July 2014
    *A Jaffa is sipping coffee and looking out the window. He sees a dot in the distant space.*

Jaffa: What the?

Other Jaffa: What?

Jaffa: I think I see something.

Other Jaffa: I'll signal the others to slow down. We'll see if it gets any closer.

*The tel'Tak starts to slow.*
    edited July 2014
    *The console beeps, waking Jade*
    Ugh... man... always in the middle of a good part...
    *Shakes head and checks the readings*
    They're... slowing down... Adjusting throttle to match.
    edited July 2014
    Jaffa: It's staying the same size...

Other Jaffa: Definitely not a star. It'd get smaller.

Jaffa: Maybe a tail?

Other Jaffa: General Ouranus wouldn't mind if we took the precaution, right?

Jaffa: If he does... Odin would set him straight.

Other Jaffa: Okay. I'll turn it around.

*Banging is heard from the back.*

Jaffa: Man, they really are going at it...

Other Jaffa: Wouldn't expect less from a wild animal...

*The ship stops and turns around.*
    edited July 2014
    TRIBBLE... I think we've been made.
    *Thinks fast*
    Think we can pull the "We're lost" routine?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *a small portal opens up in the yacht's aft and a black-furred lycan steps out, then silently walks up behind the pair and pokes his head in between jade and kuntel*

okay, i just got here, so bring me up to speed on what's going down and tell me what we're doing and what the current plan for accomplishing that is - quickly, if possible
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited July 2014
    *To Jade.*

No. Especially not with him...

*Points to Shadow.*

We can always us my plan as a backup... or just f*cking run...

*Looks at Shadow.*

Chasing Jade clone and new Me clone. They just turned around. No hope, basically...
    edited July 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    *To Jade.*

No. Especially not with him...

*Points to Shadow.*

We can always us my plan as a backup... or just f*cking run...

*Looks at Shadow.*

Chasing Jade clone and new Me clone. They just turned around. No hope, basically...
    *stares blankly* a...new you clone? how many clones of you are there?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited July 2014
    An army made up of me, Jade, Worffan, and Ryan clones... how they haven't gotten you, I'll never know...
    edited July 2014
    He's squeemish around needles? *Obvious wisecrack*
    Look... we might have a shot since I doubt they're familiar with every support craft in Starfleet's roster. They haven't fired on us or anything yet, so there's another point in our favor...

Shadow! I just got an idea... but I don't think you're going to like it.
    edited July 2014
    you would think my DNA would be the easiest to acquire, since i shed...of course, i don't believe shed fur has skin tags at the root, and that's the only place you can get DNA from fur...

maybe they're having trouble with the process...we can only hope, anyway, because if they manage to successfully clone me, the clone would have access to all my power and abilities as well, and frankly...what i've been using so far is less than one percent of my total strength

if i really wanted to, and with enough uninterrupted concentration, i could destabilize a star enough to make it go supernova...it would damn near kill me, but i could do it

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    He's squeemish around needles? *Obvious wisecrack*
    Look... we might have a shot since I doubt they're familiar with every support craft in Starfleet's roster. They haven't fired on us or anything yet, so there's another point in our favor...

Shadow! I just got an idea... but I don't think you're going to like it.

*Leans back in chair.*

Well... I hope it's a good one...
    edited July 2014
    is anyone we know familiar with Shadow's human form?
    *Looks back at Shadow*
    edited July 2014
    *Chuckles.*

Well, that is certainly an epiphany. Remind me never to doubt you again...
    edited July 2014
    *a grin slowly spreads across his muzzle, sharp fangs showing as he chuckles*

not in this universe, because i haven't used it yet

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    Wanna make like a yatch owner or ship captain?
    *Gets up out of the pilot's seat*
    Kuntel... over here out of view. Shadow... you have the stage.
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Wanna make like a yatch owner or ship captain?
    *Gets up out of the pilot's seat*
    Kuntel... over here out of view. Shadow... you have the stage.

*Gets up and moves.*
    edited July 2014
    I can hail them from here, but route the channel to that console, keeping us out of view. Just let me know when you're ready to start your acting career Shadow.
    edited July 2014
    *blinks like a deer caught in headlights* uh, woah, wait, what the hell am i supposed to be doing? i don't act, i kill things

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    ... You're supposed to shift into your human form, then act as Captain of this ship....