test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *heads to the guest quarters* Not at first... *to herself*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    Clea: *She sits down in front of Jorin* I'll leave you alone to process what's happening but... can you atleast let me get you some clothes that fit?

Reashe: *She grabs her own helmet and slides it on* Alright. I've never been to Lothal before so I'm not sure where we're going.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,973 Arc User
    jorin: *sits there staring at the ceiling* i will find my own.... just leave.....

kenzie: im looking forward to it. *she says grabbing an MA5B assault rifle that mag locks to her back along with her gravity hammer making her way down the loading ramp*

lythe: you felt something in me?... like an attraction?.....you arent interested in me like that are you? *she seems almost bashful as she quietly speaks*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    Delgado/Eli: No, I'm married.... Happily I might add. I said a presence... Something inside you. I can't tell what since your mental defenses are strong and I'd rather not brute force it

Freeman: *yawns as he gets dressed, putting his armor on, soon coming out of his quarters and looking around, helmet under his arm* first order of business... Find a food stall. I'm starving
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Clea: I guess you can use the replicator while we're gone... if you need to talk you can call me. I... knew something like this was going to happen. *she sighs and gets up to go join the others*

Rax: So, aside from food where are we headed here? *He looks to Freeman*

Reashe: I could go for some food. *she follows after Kenzie*
    *Jorin doesn’t seem to acknowledge her, she keeps staring at a wall mentally gone*

Kenzie: maybe I should leave my armor here… I don’t want to feel like I stick out…

Lythe: is this some sort of jest? There is nothing wrong. Even if there was something different I would be able to sense it myself.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Delgado/Eli: Sometimes an outside perspective can help one notice something they've missed. As someone who helped bring you back from the brink of death, I'm asking for a bit of trust. Something is off. But... I'm unsure if it is in a bad way.

Freeman: looking for an old friend. I fear they may be out in the countryside, so... Do we have a speeder in our cargobay?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    *Clea closes the door behind her and comes to join the others*

Clea: I think there's one in the cargohold, maybe more.

Rax: Might as well go pull them out.
    kenzie: *walks back into the ship replicating a kama with holsters and a scarf with a shoulder drape in the same coloration as her armor. on the shoulder is the UNSC's symbol and under it in smaller lettering is her spartan designation M-223. after getting it on she walks back out to reashe* ive never had this much freedom in customizing my armor like this. least i feel like i fit in better.

*jorin gets up and replicates some clothing in her old style but new size and puts it on pacing around the room*

lythe: this is rather strange but i suppose you are concerned weather or not i am a danger to everyone here. *she ponders for a moment* very well, but you will have to go thru my defenses body mind and soul as i can not risk lowering them even slightly. it will be painful for both of us... are you sure you want to do this?
    Delgado/Eli: Perhaps the hallway isn't the best place for this. I'd suggest sickbay in case something goes wrong or wherever you're more comfortable.

Freeman: I know my BARC speeder is in there. Stole that from an Imperial warehouse before the war really even kicked off.
    Reashe: I wouldn't worry about walking around fully armored too much... but the scarf is a nice touch. *She gives a smile to Kenzie* you look good.

Rax: I'll see about pulling out as many as we need. *He heads back inside to check the cargo hold and start pulling out enough speeders/bikes for each of them*
    edited June 2022
    kenzie: thanks, so lets get food then find this person yeah? *she says getting on one of the bikes as it nearly buckles under her weight* are you riding with me? *she says to raeshe*

jorin: *after pondering on what to do she puts on a cloak with the hood raised waiting for everyone to leave*

lythe: a medical facility would be the logical choice. i will follow you.
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    Delgado/Eli: right then, follow me *he leads Lythe to sickbay, being sure to keep a slow pace so she can be cautious about the too short ceilings in the hall*

Freeman: *grabs his BARC speeder and heads outside, revving the repulsor engines. The sound of a strong modified engine echos through the air*
    Reashe: Of course. *she gets on behind Kenzie, believing that it should be able to hold their weight for the moment*

*Clea and Rax each get a speeder as well*

Clea: Know any good places around here Freeman?
    kenzie: *revs up the engine of her speeder* im looking forward to this. *she turns her head to look back at reashe* you got enough room back there?

lythe: *follows the doctor avoiding the struts as she walks*
    Delgado/Eli: welcome back to my sickbay, let's step aside here. *He enters his office, dimming the glass and waiting for Lythe to enter*

Freeman: the one cantina I liked apparently was taken over by the empire not long before the battle of Yavin. So I think I'll have to find a new place unless old Jho got it back.
    Reashe: Its a bit of a tight fit, but there's enough room I think. *She nods gently*

Rax: Well, there's bound to be a restaurant or something other than the Cantina right?
    kenzie: if you start slipping let me know. *she then looks over at freeman* i'll trust your judgment on where to go but lets get going im hungry. *she says pushing the throttle and slowly moving forward*

jorin: *waits by the door of her room, tail swaying anxiously from side to side as she paces. she holsters her blaster on the right side of her kama as well as the hilt of her saber onto her belt*

lythe: *follows looking around* so how do you intend to begin this?
    Delgado/Eli: like setting a bone *as soon as she's inside he closes the door to his office and closes his eyes, reopening them with a purple glow, pointing at Lythe as he tests her mental defenses for the first time intentionally*

Freeman: maybe. Gonna be a bit sad though. I was just thinking the first streetfood cart we pass by. Fried nuba specifically.
    Clea: I'm more than happy to enjoy something fried.

Reashe: I'll keep an eye out in case we pass by any. *She nods to Kenzie* Don't worry, I trust you to keep me safe.

*Clea and Rax start to accelerate alongside Kenzie*
    kenzie: well in that case *she guns it forward letting out an excited cheer as the bike speeds towards the town* this reminds me of when i used to go dune jumping back on reach when i was a teen.

lythe: *her mental defenses are a fortress to try and besiege the doctor will have a very difficult time breaching them*
    Delgado/Eli: of Course this wouldn't be easy *he grits his teeth and ups his power a bit* lets try not to leave her brain dead.... defeats the purpose of a checkup like this.

Freeman: *looks back up the ramp to the ship before shaking his head and speeding off*
    Reashe: Dune jumping? What's that? Where you ramping off of dunes on a speeder? *She raises an eyebrow smiling as she enjoys seeing Kenzie having fun like this*

Rax: Well there is something fun about flying through the air if that is what it was like.
    kenzie: no we dont have hover crafts where im from. its all jets and motor vehicles, theres a quad wheeled bike called a mongoose that the UNSC used for military purposes. when i was going thru the spartan II program we had to learn how to drive and fly most standard UNSC vehicles and id end up ramping off dunes of snow in the winter. these hover bikes are way faster tho.

jorin: *finally walks out of her room and puts her hood up cautiously walking down the ramp and leaping away with in the blink of an eye*

lythe: *grimaces slightly as she furrows her brow* your commentary is not building any trust. if you mean to leave my mind dead i will kill you right here. *in one swift blinding motion she lifts her staff and points it at the doctor as it forms into a war glaive*
    Delgado/Eli: I literly said I am trying to avoid killing you. If I gave it my all, I'm unsure how it would effect you! *He grunts as he focuses, and continues trying to break though her mental defenses*

Freeman: *over comms* Anyone see a stand? It very specificly has to be fried nuna, trust me.
    Reashe: Sounds like a lot of fun. Full speeders can go even faster though these bikes aren't slouches at all. I wouldn't mind showing you one of the faster ones if we ever somehow get the opportunity.

Rax: Why are you so focused on Nuna? There's plenty of good meats that they probably have for sale around here. I'm partial to Nerf Burgers myself.
    kenzie: id like that, so whats a nerf and nuna?

jorin: *makes her way into town avoiding most of the crowd*

lythe: oh... my apologies.... *she leans on the desk as her nose begins to bleed, the doctor manages to get thru enough to feel that she is fully severed from her universe in every aspect*
    Delgado/Eli: *he lessens the power and retracts as his eyes loose the glow* I... I'm through. I'm told I would feel another presence. The presence of a god waiting to strike..... But that is absent... I believe you are free from it.... I more than believe it. I know you are.

Freeman: *comms* Because it's gonna help us find who were looking for. So trust me and look for a nuna stand please. *He then says to Kenzie* Think of Nuna like chicken and Nerf like beef.
    Clea: *She pauses for a moment before slowing down the speeder, activating her comms* I think I see a food cart, they might have some Nuna. Might as well look into it, even if they don't serve it maybe we can ask them for directions to a place that does.
    kenzie: *slows down following clea as she says over comms* i guess ill have to try some then. *the group is now on the edge of town with a few food carts in sight*

jorin: *walks into town heading to a small bar*

lythe: *holds her head* it cant be as easy as that.... i simply moved from one reality to another where the warp holds no presence..... *she pauses in thought for a moment* the warp has no presence here.... i am the first eldar in millennia that can enjoy emotional stimulation and unrestrained use of our natural psyker powers. *the stone faced expression slowly breaks into a crying smile. the elation clear on her face as she bear hugs the doctor lifting him up and twirling around with a joyful laugh* im free!