test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,974 Arc User
    jorin?: yes that works... i am an engineer but pipe installation isnt a very interesting subject to go into.

kenzie: is... is he joking? jorin laying pipe is a euphemism for sex.....

jorin?: oh..... i still fail to see how that could be taken any other way but if that was the intended definition then i know nothing about that.... i'll be in the ship.... *he walks up the ramp clearly embarrassed*

kenzie: wow.... hes so shy about it all, its kinda cute. then again im a sucker for the shy and bashful. probly why i fell so hard for you rea. *she looks down gently pulling her into a side hug*

val: if she wants to. im pretty sure i can manage porting two other people over. maybe when im more stable i can help with figuring out what you're capable of *she says with a cat like "brrt" sound*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    Seku: do you have a docking port or something? I'd like to bring my ship just in case... Also so I have somewhere comfy to sleep.

Freeman: we have some spare quarters, don't worry "princess"

Seku: damn right I am. We can land near my house to grab my fighter.

*After about 6 hours, The Tepes arrives at DS9*

Nick: *sits up in bed, looking over at Gaia, giving her a kiss on the cheek as she stays asleep and stands up. Getting dressed in his uniform. Strapping his new sword to his belt and making sure everything is in good order he checks his messages. Sending Lythe a response to meet him in his ready room before he heads to the station. He grabs the Sword of Kahless and heads up to the bridge, walking into his ready room*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    Reashe: *She elbows Kenzie playfully* I'm not the only one here who's easy to get bashful you know.

*Clea and Rax arrive a little after the others and Clea stops when she sees Jorin, her eye hidden behind her wrap as always*

Clea: Jorin? What are you doing here? *She looks in his direction, her expression betraying no surprise* What, was he actually on a date?

Nexa: I can let her know, she was getting some food supplies from the station for later. And I'd like that. *she rubs Val behind her ears, grabbing her communicator and messaging Janri*

*After a few minutes she enters carrying a few bags of groceries*

Janri: Sorry, replicated food can be good, but still "standard" food can taste better. So we going to visit Lythe? I haven't seen her since before we left.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    kenzie: well yeah... *she looks over at clea and rax* oh hey, no he wasnt on a date or anything. just swindled by "feminine wiles"

jorin: *sighs as he walks up the ramp*

kenzie: anyway we're about to head out and pick up someone elses ship i guess. i dunno whats wrong with freemans. *she shrugs*

val: *purrs leaning into nexa as her ears are rubbed. as janri walks in she looks over* yeah... you werent planning on bringing all that along were you?

lythe: *after a night of watching various movies and shows she leaves her room heading to the bridge*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Seku: I just want my ship in case I get an urgent call from my husband, or one of my friends. Or my adoptive father... Or if I just get bored. *She shrugs*

Freeman: you haven't changed a bit you old pirate. *They enter the ship*

Nick: *quietly inspects the sword as he waits for Lythe in his ready room*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Clea: Feminine wiles eh? How'd that happen? He get propositions? *she puts her hands on her hips*

*Rax shrugs*

Rax: I'm not sure this is that kind of city. But... that sort of business can pop up anywhere.

Janri: No, I'll put it away. *she starts to store everything in the fridge* Maybe going for a walk will do us good.

Nexa: Well Mom, ready to go?

Janri: *with the food put away she comes and leans onto the couch from the back* Yeah, I'm good now. I don't mind going out for a while, so long as we get to do something relaxing or fun. And seeing friends is always nice.
    kenzie: nothing like that, lets just get going before i make it sound worse then it is.... *she says walking onto the ship*

val: ok just keep still. *she says closing her eyes and focusing, before long they're all thrown into a rift that spits them out somewhere on the tepes with the nexa and janri landing on top of val as she lets out a small winded squeak*

lythe: *seems to materialize from a portal on the bridge almost directly in front of the door to the captains ready room using her staff to knock*
    Seku: *gives the coordinates to her farmstead on the planet before sitting down*

Freeman: Jorin, can you take us in whole I secure the speeders? *He secures the speeders in the cargo bay*

Nick: You're expected Lythe. You don't need to knock, come in please.
    Clea: *she bites her thumb, hard enough to draw blood* What would Mother do? A direct confrontation inside the ship would likely not end well, but actually playing along and leaving the planet would abandon her... Perhaps... *she leans forward with a somewhat exasperated look on her face*

Rax: Are you alright Clea?

Clea: Go onboard without me. I have someone I need to speak with. *she starts to walk away without looking back, searching for a particularly quiet area she can be alone*

Janri: *she looks around, before she lands, a bit surprised at the transition* I don't think that happened last time we tried this. Are you okay Val?

Nexa: I think I hurt my butt with that landing. So this is the ship she's on? I think I've seen it when I called her that one time but it's been a while. *she checks Val as the two of them start to get untangled*
    Jorin?: alright. *he says heading to the cockpit readying for take off*

Lythe: *walks in looking over at nick with her usual stoic expression* thank you for seeing me. I wanted tour advice on something.. I find my mind clouded and unable to make a decisive decision…

Val: I’m alright… *she says with a light “mrrp” sound* we should be on the ship but I’m not where… *she looks around noticing that they’re in the mess hall*
    Freeman: *sits down and waits for takeoff*

Nick: elaborate please.
    *Clea finds a suitable location on a rooftop, she makes sure she's alone before she sits down meditating once more but this time she goes deeper into her trance, her body lifting up slightly as she extends her thoughts through the force*

Clea: Nana? *her focus increases as she reaches out to Cerys*

Janri: *she dusts herself off, along with Nexa offering to help Val up* I've been here before. After what we dealt with I was here with Lythe for a bit, but I don't think she's in here.

Nexa: I don't know if she has a comrade or not, the computer probably can't find her for us, but maybe we can search for her on our own.
    jorin?: *over comms* strap in for dust off *he says before doing the final checks, after a minuet or two he lifts the ship off and heads to the coordinates to pick up seku's ship*

kenzie: everyone's here right?

*near clea an apparition of cerys appears in a sitting position*

cerys: nana? *she looks clea over* oh za'brina's daughter. is there something you need?

lythe: it is mostly arbitrary but i had thoughts on joining one of the organizations of this galaxy but i wanted to know more of what they stand for. as a military officer of the federation i was wondering what your opinion of the federation and their ideals were, and if i would fit in some how. also i wanted to know more about one of your officers, adam.

val: *accepts the offer as she gets up dusting her coat off* i think she may have been here some what recently... *she says sniffing the air* yeah i have her scent. this way! *she runs off towards the bridge*

*a pair of white haired cat ears poke up over a box looking in donovans direction*
    Freeman: i don't think I saw Clea get in.

Nick: we'll touch on that last one later but... For the rest... I believe anyone can be a starfleet officer, so I believe you'd fit in well..... Starfleet though... It means different things to different people... Exploitation, peacekeeping, scientific discovery. Those are some of the reasons people join. What do you want from it? What do you believe in? That kinda stuff is important.

Donovan: *eating breakfast in K-13's mess hall.*
    Rax: She didn't, she said she had to do something before we left.

Clea: Sorry, I know you're not really used to being called that yet. *she sighs* I could use some guidance. I don't want to ask my mother's because this is something they don't know yet... Jorin found out about... "that". And something has turned him into a woman. But now someone is posing as him and trying to make us leave the planet without him. I have my suspicions who it is, but I'm not sure how to act on this information. When I last saw Jorin she could barely even react to anything, I'm worried about her condition...

Nexa: Shall we then?

Janri: Yeah, we better catch up. *she smiles and they both start hurrying after Val* Maybe I should try doing the tracking next time. I've gotten better at it since my training.
    kenzie: wait we're about to head out and shes not even here? whats going on?

cerys: i see. this is a much different outcome then i had thought of.... if you are wondering the two jorins are identical in presence so take from that what you will but it means only one thing to me..... that veirok is alive.... some how...... *she sighs pondering for a moment* i doubt that i would even reveal the full details of this to anyone even in your time but. jorin is veirok's clone.... i will spare the details but veirok was a stillborn, originally i took some of his cells and offered them to the empire under the name project phoenix jorin was born and they made him into a monster using him as a genetically modified super soldier... i have not been a good mother by any means but now that he knows the truth.... that his entire existence is a lie. i can only imagine how hes feeling..... all tho i have no idea why the physical change happened....

lythe: i am... unsure. i am free to pursue what i want now and i have never had such freedom or desires other then self preservation... i suppose ultimately i am curious, i am young in my lifespan and id like to learn and experience what this galaxy has to offer.

val: *makes her way to the bridge slowing down before entering the turbolift*

evelynn: *hops out of the box walking over to the mess hall looking for something to eat*
    Freeman: something feels.... Off... Think she'll catch up?

Nick: you'll fit in, trust me. Many people have used starfleet for a journey of self discovery. The universe is a vast place, full of wonders and beauty. But it's not for the faint of heart. Having people at your side out here is one of the blessings of starfleet.... I do have to say, I am bias on this. But I am willing to admit we don't always get things right. There are always going to be people that use or try to take advantage of where they are. It's up to us to remain vigilant on that... do you have any questions or do you want to move on to another topic?

Donovan: *continues eating. Unaware of Evelynn*
    Clea: What happened to Jorin is something that was inevitable, atleast from my end of things. I never knew Jorin as a man, by the time I was born she was already well... changed. This isn't our first encounter with Veirok either, he attacked us all on Tatooine, his power was impressive he was even defeating Jorin and Kenzie. I get the feeling he's close to my mother in terms of his capabilities... and I'm still in training and trying to figure out myself. Knowing its the same man as before I feel certain my suspicion to not confront him was on the mark atleast.

Reashe: What did she need to do?

Rax: *He shrugs* said she needed to go talk with someone, maybe she wanted to pick up supplies before we left? We didn't exactly do any shopping. And to be honest... none of you mentioned we were about to leave.

*Nexa leans against one of the walls in the turbolift*

Nexa: Computer, bridge.

Janri: I don't think I saw the captain last time I was here, I mostly was just with Lythe until it was time to go but there was that one weird sickbay officer... kept giving me a headache to be around him. *she shakes her head*
    kenzie: is everything alright then?

cerys: *stares forward with a concerned and melancholic expression* i see.... *she lets out a heavy sigh* once more my failings are causing more suffering to my children ... *her gaze turns to the ground as she looks at her open hands* i know now that it was a mistake to return.... im sorry clea i dont know how to handle this situation or what advice i could give..... i hope you can succeed where i have failed time and time again. *she looks up with her ears drooping and a depressed expression on her face as tears well in her eyes* you already know what the future holds but for everyone elses sake i hope i will not be in it....

lythe: i... wouldnt even know where to start or join for that matter.... i will need some time to figure this all out... im not sure how to broach the question so i will simply be blunt, are you hoping that i be a part of your crew at some point?

val: it wont be an issue popping up on the bridge unannounced will it? i dont know the proper protocol on how starfleet runs their military but back home we would all be dead if we did this on any imperium ship...... if shes up on the bridge she might be talking to who ever commands this ship.... maybe we should wait? *her ears fold down as she starts to look nervous*

evelynn: *looks around feeling very out of place as she tries to find food for herself*
    Freeman: no clue. *He yells* Jorin. Clea isn't on the ship

Seku: Good Greif...

Nick: if you feel it's the right place for you to be, I'd be more than happy to have you. What I want doesn't matter here. Your own happiness should be put above all else. But you don't need to worry about joining if you want. Someone like me will do the paperwork. *He chuckles*

Donovan: *looks over and spots Evelynn, standing and going over to her* you look lost, kiddo.
    Reashe: I think its alright?

Rax: She'll probably be back soon.

Clea: Nana, stop. You cannot blame yourself for what's happening in the present. Your return did not cause any of this with Veirok and Jorin. Jorin and them would've had to come here anyway to replace his ship because of the damage it sustained. *she tries to hug her* You being here helps... a lot. It will take time, but just because something is difficult, doesn't mean it's not worth doing. Don't you dare take the easy way out and run away thinking that will make anything better. Stay. Work hard. You have a family, and its your responsibility to take care of them, even if you failed to in the past. And besides... how else am I going to have a grandparent that spoils me rotten? *she sticks her tongue out*

Nexa: I spoke with the Captain before when I was checking in on Lythe, and besides, Starfleet is pretty easy going about people coming and going on the bridge. *she shrugs* atleast, as long as you're not getting in the way. I used to be a Starfleet Captain myself years ago.

Janri: Don't worry Val, just trust us alright?

Nexa: I'm sure it will be fine if we just ask around.
    kenzie: does she know where we're going?

jorin?: seriously? we're almost there, why would she leave with out telling anyone?

cerys: *seems to materialize just before clea hugs her purring softly* i suppose you are right. *she seems to lighten up* back to the task at hand then. even tho veriok and jorin are the same genetically they are very different people. i dont know a lot about veirok but i can feel his anger.... his deep seeded hatred for jorin and everything he has.. or she has. he wants to destroy it all.... but you wont have to face this alone, first we need to find jorin but it is difficult... i cannot feel hi-... her presence... but *she sniffs clea for a second* i can smell her on you. it seems these feline senses are more of a boon then i had thought.

lythe: i would be honored to join. there is one more query i would ask.... about one of your crew, adam is his name. your doctor mentioned he was "smitten by me" i believe is what he said. i could also see it when ever he looks at me... im not sure how to approach the subject with him since i have no previous experience with romance or.... intercourse... there is also a vast amount of biological differences the most pressing being his life span compared to mine. i am very young for an eldar at only 150 i have at least a thousand or so more years ahead of me yet the average human life span is a bit over a century..... i am conflicted. *she puts a hand to her chest breathing a bit faster* that look in his eyes gives me an oddly warm feeling... even now.

val: oh, ok. i guess we can ask around the bridge then?

evelynn: *looks over at him* yes... you could say that. theres a lot of people around and i just want something to eat. *she seems a bit cranky*
    Freeman: I don't know Jorin. Look we can swing back around after seku gets her fighter.

Seku: if my fighter could actually fit a second person I'd say I'd meet you in orbit with her.

Nick: you... *He sighs* bring up some good points.... The biological ones not being too much of an issue in all honesty. Especially with Genetic editing being available for something like having children.... What you're talking about though. That strikes close to me... I haven't loved anyone before like I love Gaia.... She's the first I've done anything with at all.... So I did something I said I'd never do.... I don't want to be without her.... *He shakes his head* I can't just do that to anyone that asks... She doesn't even know yet.... I can't just make anyone like how I am. Especially then since he'd outlive you. *He stands up and looks out a window* I'm over a thousand, Lythe... I carry memories of lifetimes of history, events.... And people... I've forged the bonds of brotherhood with many I've met. Maybe the loss hitting so deep keeps me grounded in reality. Stops me from being a conqueror or some kind of crazed god-king... You're going to lose people close to you reguardless if you keep them in arms length or embrace them like it seems you'd like to with Adam... Maybe we can figure something out.... I know I can't do for you, what I've done for my own selfish wants and I truly regret that... *He sits back down and looks at Lythe* maybe something will happen and he'll be with you as long as you both live. Maybe you keep him at arms length dispite your feelings.... Or maybe you embrace him and he grows old... His memory will still be with you reguardless... Something you can hold fondly and... *He puts his head in his hands and mutters* I'm sorry... I'm a f**king hypocrite...

Donovan: yeah let's get you something. C'mon, Follow me. *He heads over to the replicator and gets her some waffles and a bowl of whatever is in the replicator databanks resembles sugar bombs the best. Setting the tray down at the table he was sitting at alone*
    Rax: Where exactly is her fighter?

Clea: *She rubs the back of her neck* I've got a bit of enhanced senses too, I just don't walk around with cat ears and tail out too often. I have an idea of where to look for her, I saw her earlier in the bar getting thrown out so I doubt she's wandered too far from there.

Nexa: *As the doors open and they arrive* Of course. *She looks around humming lightly for a moment before looking for an officer* Hi, could you point us in the direction of the Captain? We're looking for a friend of ours, Lythe.

jorin?: aye that works. we're almost there. *he says lowering the ship for touch down landing near the coordinates*

kenzie: am i not picking up on something? whats going on....

cerys: lets get going then. *she says leaping from the rooftop to rooftop with the light-footed agility of a cat making her way to where said bar is*

lythe: humanity may be short lived but its not a detriment. if anything they have always marched towards their goals with a conviction unseen by the other much older species of my galaxy, and i would hazard a guess that it is relatively the same for the humans of this galaxy. immortality can be more of a curse then an actual boon, i surely dont wish to live forever but its not the destination that truly matters. it is the journey there, the people you meet and bonds that are formed that make give this journey life. of course life is never simply a walk in the park so to speak, it is fraught with hardship and tragedy but it is that hardship that makes life even more beautiful if you can see it that way...... forgive me... i am not used to letting my heart flow like this.

val: *follows sheepishly behind nexa looking around*

evelynn: *she sits down sniffing it curiously with on ear flopped to the side, after a second she takes a bite of the waffle as her ears perk up* what is this.... ive never had anything like it. *her tail starts to sway from side to side*
    Seku: it's at my farm with my husband. He's gonna be staying though. Don't worry. He can handle himself. *Once the ship touches down she heads down the ramp. The coordinates at a simple homestead*

Freeman: you to really committed to this didn't you. *He says following her*

Nick: *he takes a deep breath* you'll find it can be liberating.... Being able to let your heart flow as you put it... As for what you say... Yeah I get it... *He nods* so what is it you would like to do right now.

Donovan: it's a waffle. You can get 'em topped with fruits, syrup, or to some more crazy people, chocolate sauce. I prefer apples or cherries myself. Sometimes peaches. What do you wanna try with 'em kiddo?

*The only ones on the Bridge at the moment are the Romulan Republic Exchange officer in the odd uniform Sn'ket, the Klingon conn officer with a sleeveless Odyssey variant uniform Koroh, and of course Adam, all looking over at the group*

Koroh: *the tall Klingon stands up* you don't have clearance to be up here.

Adam: *tapping his console* And I don't have any recent transporter or docking logs saying people would be here. This could be a security breach.

Sn'ket: Curious. I'm thankful we don't have our temporary security cheif here now. I'm sure she'd blow a fuze at this citing regulations and such and making threats.
    edited July 2022
    Reashe: I don't know, its all a bit weird.

*Clea follows close behind Cerys, leaping after her*

Clea: I really hope she got some proper clothes on, she pushed me away when I offered to get her some.

Nexa: *She sighs rolling her eyes* What class was this, one of those NX based ones? guess things are a bit different than on a Guardian. Listen, contact Captain Nick and tell him Captain Nexa is here about Lythe, we've spoken before.

Janri: *she sniffs the air* I can smell Lythe, she's been through here recently. *She rubs the back of her neck* I still feel kind of strange about being able to recognize scents now.

Nexa: Maybe next time we send a subspace communication before we port over? Just to avoid confusion. *she looks to Val* Don't worry about it, we just probably should have sent a proper message before our arrival.

Janri: Wait Nick? *Her eyes drift for a moment and she sighs speaking quieter* that guy who gave me the shotgun? He's Captain? I guess we didn't exactly meet on the ship but... Val and I met him before when we took one of your runabouts to go to where I found you. Or is this the other Nick, the one who hadn't met me before? That one was weird... *She speaks up, getting an idea thinking about what's happened* Maybe tell him a relative of Kara is here?
    jorin?: are you staying with seku? because im about to go pick up clea. *he says to freeman*

kenzie: maybe its some future thing? thats already weird enough. *she shrugs feeling frustrated and visibly agitated* shes got some motive or something thats my guess... knew i should'nt 'a trusted her....

cerys: im fairly certain no child of mine would run around with nothing on... at least i hope she was sound enough to put on something.... *she stops and sniffs around, suddenly jumping onto the streets below.*

*not far from where cerys lands a small crowd of 6 or so people seem to be chattering around a cloaked figure slumped over on the ground*

nervous man: i-is she dead?

worried home owner: i dont know... i got back to find her here, just laying there unmoving..... i dont even know this person.

annoyed woman: im calling security, this is clearly a murder scene

cerys: *her eyes widen frantically* m-murder..... *she makes her way towards to crowd that has now grown at the mention of a supposed dead body*

lythe: i am not sure.... there is much for me to think about. i suppose i need some time to properly examine my options but i think i will go thru with starfleet. and perhaps talk with adam later when i have leveled my mind. thank you... would captain be a proper way to address you?

val: right i guess i jumped the gun....um... but im not karas relative tho. im from the same place lythe came from so i guess it makes me a universal counterpart?..... all this multiversal confusion is giving me a headache.....

evelynn: um syrup and apples is fine. *she looks over at the bowl* whats that?
    Freeman: I kinda wanna see this fighter, but she makes it sound like it's a one seater, so I'm gonna be a second.

Nick: You can Call me Captain O'Connor preferably, but just captain works. Since you're not on the crew yet you can call me Nick.

Donovan: you don't want syrup and apples. The apples have their own stuff with them. *He gets what's basically apple pie filling and puts it on top of her waffles* as for the bowl, that's the closest thing I could find to sugar bombs, they have 100 percent daily value of sugar.... They look nothing like what I'm used to. Replicator called them Captain something.

Adam: Captain O'Connor is talking with her in his ready room right now. I'll send him a message. *He quickly types the message out and sends it. The console in Nick's ready room beeps whilst he talks to Lythe*
    edited July 2022
    Reashe: Kenzie, you shouldn't abandon your trust of someone just because they missed the chance to leave. *She gestures to herself and the others* And we didn't tell her we were leaving, if she went off without knowing we were about to take off we can't blame her for being left behind.

Clea: *She sighs and slowly lifts her eye wrap up on one side, allowing her pale colorless iris to focus, looking at the figure through the crowd. She starts to get a headache as her vision changes, focusing more before she places the wrap back into its position* Wait up Nana. *she hurries after her.*

She's not dead just... Unconscious maybe? *She clenches her hand into a fist* Kenzie mentioned that "he" was slowed down by someone's womanly wiles I'm guessing he was here first. She was already in a terrible mental state before...

Janri: I guess all we can do is wait now.

Nexa: We should tour a proper "exploration" starfleet vessel sometime. They're a lot different than mine. Those Oddysey classes are really a wonder to be onboard. I think someone around K-13 has one... I think you might enjoy seeing it Val.
    Post edited by westx211 on