test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    Delgado/Eli: *is just awkwardly standing there being hugged and lifted, trying to keep his face out of her chest from the size difference* I know you are excited, but as I said I have a wife and I think that Lieutenant is smitten by you... I'm sure my wife would have all sorts jokes or suggestions about this.

Freeman: here looks good. Slow your engines and take a gander. *He looks at the stands as he approaches. Using his helmet range finder*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    Clea: *She parks her speeder at a safe spot and gets out, investigating the food. With multiple food carts in one area its not long before she discovers one that offers Fried Nuna* *comms* I've got one. Uhhh how much do we need for what Freeman is wanting to do?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,973 Arc User
    kenzie: *parks near the group and gets off, helping reashe down* *comms* i dunno but im hungry so ill eat anything. *she looks down at reashe* do you have any suggestions on what to try? *she looks around taking in the scenery as she takes off her helmet. her ears flutter in multiple directions picking up the various sounds of the food market* some of the food smells really good....

jorin: *sits down at a bar not far from the food stands with a heavy sigh she orders a drink and something to eat*

lythe: *she gently sets the doctor down patting robe down while nervously clearing her throat regaining her composure* right... i was overpowered by my emotions.... i did not mean it in that way.... i am sorry, it will not happen again........ thank you for confirming what i was to fearful to see myself.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Delgado/Eli: it's quite alright. You should embrace emotions like happiness, joy, the positive ones. The negative ones like hatred, sadness and anger are the ones you need to be careful about. *He sits down at the chair behind his desk, peeling off the prosthetic face to show his real face underneath. The Half trill looks up at her, rubbing his trill spotted temples* I'm guessing that going home for you is off the table now huh? After obtaining freedom, why go back to something worse than slavery? *He runs a hand through his hair and undoes his ponytail, letting his dyed hair down. Holding an arm out next to him and focusing*

Freeman: *parks his bike next to Clea's and steps off. Answering comms* You think I need the Nuna itself for a trap or something? No. I just need to talk to the vender. *He starts to approach the fried Nuna stand*

*At the bar, Jorin sits a few empty stools away from a Blue skinned Twi'lek woman with her Lekku tattooed, wearing black boots, grey pants, a cropped shirt, and a longcoat with royal purple accents. Jorin can see on their holster is a DC-17 pistol. On closer observation, they could see two objects hanging off her belt as well. One more cylindrical and one that seems to be more like the slightly curved hilt of a cutlass or fencing sword.*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Reashe: Honestly I like anything with good meat on it, there's a lot of options like Nerf burgers, there's different kinds of bacon they make. There's veggies and fruits that are good too, but I usually go for meat, protein is important.

Clea: Uhhh are we looking for someone who eats a lot of Nuna?
    Kenzie: I’ll get what ever you’re getting then. *she says to reashe as she follows freeeman*

Jorin: *discretely examines the twi’lek noticing the two lightsabers*

Lythe: I have no intention of returning there, but I will still need to be cautious with all emotion. Eldar feel emotion at a much greater level then other races something as small as a warm greeting or gesture will mean more to an eldar then it should. The same is true of insults, even a joke or laugh at our expense is a grave insult that many would be moved to violence over. But I digress, you have my gratitude for your assistance. I am in your debt, if there is anything I can do to repay it I will gladly do so. But for now I must be going. *she does a small bow*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Eli: ah, the old Vulcan dilemma.... I understand... I'm curious that your fast to accept my capabilities with no question.... I could have sent you home even. *He opens a small portal, glowing with purple energy next to him, catching a can of soda in the air as it falls from said portal, quickly closing up after*

Freeman: We are. An old friend of mine. *He approaches the Nuna vender*

*the Twi'lek next to Jorin sips her drink, looking to the side and spotting Jorin* Seat is taken. I'm waiting for a friend. And my friend is bringing friends.
    *Reashe orders some nerf burgers and fries from a vendor near the Nuna vendor while Rax gets some Bantha jerky*

Rax: Do they really order enough that they stand out that much?
    food vender: ah hello how can i help you? *the vender looks a bit nervous with so many armored figures around*

kenzie: *walks over with reashe getting the same stuff as her to test the waters so to speak* this place is pretty nice. i wonder what sort of drinks they have... ive never had an alcoholic drink before....

jorin: ok... *she says quietly, getting up and quickly moving to another part of the bar*

lythe: i know more about you by simply looking at you then i would ever learn speaking with you. i know you too are not of this universe but one similar to it. you have many siblings thru blood and bond two of which serve on this very vessel tho the other is currently away on leave. i also sense the lingering presence of some one far more powerful then both of us on you as well all tho if you would like i can go into specifics.
    Eli: There's no need to go into specifics. I get it. even if you can't read my mind you can feel these things from the auras around me or something of the like. and the powerful one you mention, I could literally call them here right now.... depending on which of the two who I think it is, it actually ends up being... Man or woman? If its the woman, that would be my mentor.

Freeman: I need an order of Fried Nuna. salt it a bit, some fries. Oh, and some information. I'm looking for a Twi'lek woman. Blue skin, tattooed lekku. very likely wearing a long coat with purple on it. She'd be buying nuna pretty regularly if I remember her well. we served in the war.
    Reashe: Well, its probably not too hard to find something good. Corellian Whiskey is just about everywhere nowadays, but personally I prefer Mead. *She finds a spot to sit down while they eat, munching away* I'm guessing you probably handle Alcohol better than most of us.

food vendor: i'll have that out in a snap, as for the info im not sure i can help there. you see a lot of people in my line of work and its hard to remember them all sorry.

kenzie: i dont really know actually ive never had alcohol before.... spartans had a strict diet and during a war of survival i was always deployed so i never had any leave. *she says trying some of the nerf burger she got*

jorin: *finds a place to sit down out of sight from much of the bar, she rests her head on the table with a heavy melancholic sigh*

lythe: actually their are four that stand out, one male and the other three female and one of those three feel strangely familiar..... *she pauses for a moment* the inquisitor..... of course, inquisitor tepes and this other valendria, i believe she goes by kieara now..... they are the same being from different universal origins. i had never considered the concept of universal counterparts before. i wonder if i have a counterpart galivanting around somewhere in this universe.... *she looks over at eli* forgive me i lost myself on a curious thought. this mentor of yours how would you call her here? does she live here with you already or is there a different form of travel that i am unaware of?
    Eli: I can just merely ask. Using my powers all I must say is "Shelly can you come here a sec" and she should be on her way. As for universal counterparts, it is very likely. Yes. Don't apologize for curious thought. It's something I love to see. It's one of the things that drives us. Keeps us living with purpose. More than just mere survival. *He gives a smile*

Freeman: look, I know what you're probably thinking, Yes I'm a Mandalorian, No I'm not a bounty hunter. I need to find General Seku'dia Fenn. I am Major Brian "Freeman" Jade of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. One of The Dragon of Mandalore's men. I get you wanna keep her safe and this is questionable at best, but I do need her help. Badly. *He holds up his wrist and from his gauntlet, a holographic image taken years ago displays with Freeman, a short human man, An armor robed zabrak, a long coated Twi'lek woman, a clone trooper, an HK droid. And a B1 battledroid.*
    Reashe: Well how do you like the burger atleast? We can try and get something not too hard for you to try, most people their first time drinking have a harder time avoiding getting drunk, but with how tall you are... *She blushes lightly* your body should be able to handle more alcohol than I can.

*Clea is looking around, staying near Freeman while he speaks with the vendor*
    edited June 2022
    food vendor: i do hope you understand... here its on the house. *he passes freeman his order with some extra fries and condiments* i put my kids thru collage from the nuna she bought from here, you can probably find her at old jhos. you cant miss it with the old republic gunship stickin out of it.

kenzie: its good, tastes really similar to a normal beef burger back home. and ill just trust your recommendations on drinks then since this is all new territory for me.

*after sitting for a moment jorin dozes off lightly twitching every now and again as if she was having a nightmare*

*a blue portal opens up as a very small looking woman steps out, she has pale blue skin and long white hair with two antenna poking out from the bony ridges that lead up to her forehead. her eyes are a very pale and milky green with no pupils visible. she wears simple clothing with a small infant looking to be of the same race swaddled in her arms as she looks over at eli*

va'shel: is everything alright eli? i was just about to put meela to be- *she looks over noticing the towering eldar not far from her letting out a surprised gasp*

lythe: *stares down at the small woman with a brow raised* this is not what i was expecting.... you're so... small and fragile.... i highly doubt you could even lift my staff yet could tear me asunder with a simple thought.......

va'shel: you look like a rather seasoned warrior. i may be a pacifist but i am not one to back down from a challenge eli, would you be a dear and hold meela for me? *she says already handing the small infant over to him*

lythe: you want to lift my staff? *she says looking perplexed*

va'shel: that is the idea yes.
    Eli: *sighs* Yeah... hand her here. Uncle Eli will hold her a few. *he holds his arms out*

Freeman: Good to hear jho got the place back. Here, a tip. *he sets down a few hundred credits and walks off with his nuna*
    Reashe: Maybe we can stop by a Cantina while we're here, might be good to pick up a few bottles for the road.

Clea: *She hums innocently as she comes back to the others* Has she seen the blue milk yet?
    kenzie: wait what... blue milk? what the hell?

va'shel: *hands eli the small baby* alright lets see this staff of yours.

lythe: *with confusion and surprise she sets her staff on the ground* here it is.... i was attempting a jest when i said you couldnt lift it....

va'shel: *she bends down struggling to pick it up* this actually is..... quite heavy..... *with a few grunts she finally gets it off the ground* what is this made of....

lythe: it is wraithbone, a material unique to my people. i is shaped by our minds and can be formed into what ever we can think of. normally it is a very light material for eldar but to other races it is dense and heavy.

va'shel: fascinating. *she says letting go of the staff* as much as i would like to stay and talk i do have a baby to put to bed.
    Eli: feel free to come back after *he offers the child back to shelly*

Freeman: lucky us. We're going to a cantina anyways. *He bites into a leg of Nuna* maybe we can get her to try a Blue Milkshake.
    Reashe: Its also called Bantha Milk, its served just about everywhere in the galaxy.

Clea: *She has a teasing look on her face* Its a little sweet, you should definitely try some.

Rax: Does this friend of yours know we're coming?
    edited June 2022
    kenzie: the he*l is a bantha? and why do they have milk....

va'shel: *nods taking meela into her arms* i will have to see if i have time but i best be off lest the little ones make a fuss. *she waves goodbye before opening a portal and disappearing into it*

lythe: curious... *she ponders for a moment before looking over at eli* i find myself wondering how you knew that adam was so enchanted by me... are you a friend of his?

*as val sleeps she twitches as if having a nightterror. in her dream she has flashing visions of her past, a vivid memory of the murder of her father but warped. the smell of burning wood and bodies fills the air, outside the clashing of swords and cries of battle are all that can be heard as dracula stands impaled by a clawed hand thru his chest the hand belonging to valtial. the fallen archangel looks over to a smaller teenage valendria as she watches in terror while it tears her father in half*

val: w-why..... he never hurt anyone and you just......why? *her voice is weak and on the cusp of sobbing*

???: *the creatures voice echo's and reverberates thru its self its deep and hate filled as it speaks* you and your family are abominations in the eyes of god, your sin is existing in his world and your penance is death. *the angels bloody hand grabs valendria by the throat and lifts her off of the ground*

val: *rakes at the things wrist trying to stop the inevitable as tears roll down her cheeks* you're just.... a murderer!..... we just wanted.... to live in peace.......

???: silence child, your pleas fall on deaf ears for god has abandoned you. return to the nothing from whence you came!

*with a clench of its fist the last thing valendria feels is a sharp pain in her neck and a gut wrenching snap as she shoots awake in a cold sweat screaming in terror*
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    Eli: are you kidding. You could see it in his eyes around you. You don't need to be a mind reader to tell.... Thankfully I am a mind-reader, so I can confirm

Freeman: probably not. I know where she is though. Let's go *he starts walking and eating his Nuna*
    Reashe: Its like a... big furry herd animal, some people ride them as mounts. *she tries to describe them* They get really big.

Clea: they had them on Tattooine but I don't think we got to see one while we were there. *She gestures to them to go follow Freeman*

Nexa: Val? What's wrong? *She looks to her, hugging her gently trying to calm her* Its just a nightmare... you're safe. Take a moment and breathe, I'm here...
    Kenzie: I’m not sure about drinking any milk from those things….. maybe another time. *she says following the others*

Lythe: I see… anyway I should be off I appreciate the help. *she nods before turning to leave*

Val: *her ears fold down in a fearful manner as she trembles, eyes darting in all directions as she try’s to calm her breathing. The only sound she manages to make are a few frightened mews and yelps before burring her face in nexa hiding from something that’s not there*
    Eli: *waves* later, good luck. Glad you're free!

Freeman: Think of them like big.... Buffalo? Goat?.... Like a large Buffalo-goat. Look its fine. Don't touch the green milk though. *he steps into the cantina, looking around*
    Reashe: Its good though. It's kind of sweet tasting compared to cow milk, Oculus had me try some once.

Clea: You think she'll notice us first, or we find her first? *She looks around the Cantina*

Nexa: Shh... I'll protect you alright. *her eyes dim to a muted white for a moment when Val buries her face into her* I won't let anything hurt you again. *her eyes return to normal, Nexa rubbing Val's back and keeping her held* Take deep breaths.
    kenzie: well maybe i'll try some.... later tho. *she says looking around for their contact*

lythe: *makes her way back to the guest room she stays in*

val: *finally starts to calm down as she looks around* im alright.....
    Freeman: there she is. *he walks over to the bar, sitting next to seku, sliding over the rest of the Nuna and looking around the bar, spotting Jorin and looking at them for a few good seconds before looking on, not recognizing them*

Seku'dia: Kobanu saw that you'd be coming, so I made it easier on you. What do you need?

Freeman: *takes off his helmet* Gonna need some information... But I should try calling my clan leader. he can explain what we need help with better than I could.

Adam: *leaning outside Lythe's door, holding a PADD when she strolls up. he offers it to her* Still getting used to asking the computer for directions?
    Reashe: So that's our "contact"?

Clea: Should we all introduce ourselves, or just wait for Freeman to talk to her? *She rubs the back of her neck* I'm not sure Freeman should call Jorin right now. He's not feeling well...

Nexa: I'm glad to hear that... *She kisses Val's forehead* What were you dreaming about? You woke up absolutely terrified.

Kenzie: is that who we’re meeting? *one of her ears folds down in a curious manner as she crocks her head slightly to the side* what is she?

Lythe: i suppose. There is still a lot to get used to…. If I may I’d like to ask something of you.

Val: I… i was reliving a warped memory… but I don’t remember the nightmare that well…. *she sighs composing herself again* it was the day my father was killed….