What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Reashe: Its okay. A lot of mandalorians are the same way. I was just hoping I could help in some way. *she nods and looks at the tail compartment curiously*

Rax: I can probably manage on my own. Atleast to an extent. Worst case I could ask Oculus or Ethrit to help me. Maybe I could try Jaessa but I got the feeling she wouldn't be interested in that sort of thing.

*they enter the quarters unaware anyone is following them*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Tybanus: What do you mean? Are you saying you cannot?

Other Universe Nick: *Waits for a few minutes outside the quarters, trying to listen in first*

Freeman: *Enters the sickbay* Bones, you here?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    lythe: i dont eat with a helmet on....

kenzie: if you wanted to hold things and hand me tools that'd be fine. *its just an extra armored belt added to protect her tail and retain the air tight seal.*

jorin: jaessa isnt really the mentoring type, she really only teaches evelynn and thats the extent of it.

bones: aye what can bones do for you?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Reashe: I'm happy to do that. *she gets down next to Kenzie, reminded of just how tall she is compared to the small Chiss and she begins to hand Kenzie whatever tools she needs when she needs them*

Rax: Thats kind of what I figured. *he looks over at the newcomers in the medbay* Hey she kind of looks like Jaessa. *he points at Mira, though he's not really being insensitive, it's more just him talking to himself*

Cultist: Its over... Valtiel... Dahlia... even the god. They're all dead.

Cultist 2: Our God isn't truly dead, just that manifestation of them.

Cultist 3: Yeah but that doesn't really matter! Without Valtiel and Dahlia we have no way of even considering attempting another ritual... Dahlia kept it to herself... she didn't trust anyone else with the information...
  • Options
    Tybanus: Behold the ability of mankind. *Still holding the sandwich with one bite on it, holding his arms open wide.

Other Universe Nick: *opens the doors, stumbling into the quarters seemingly drunkenly, slurring his words as he speaks* huh? wh- this... where is my bed? you're not my bunkmates....

Freeman: Mira woke up vomiting until she became.... like this...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    lythe: *looks utterly confused.*

kenzie: *after a few moments the finishes the modifications* there we go. im pretty sure i made the measurements right for it

jorin: yes thats mira, shes one of us. apparently mira, jaessa and another woman we have on the ship are all different universal versions of one another... i try not to think about it too much.

bones: hmm. set her down on table over there. *he motions to the table.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Reashe: I'm sure you did. This armor is a lot different from what I'm used to. All around tech wise. It's very impressive. *she seems to have more appreciation for it seeing it up close like this and getting to see her working on it*

Rax: Multiple universe versions of her? *he scratches his head* Sounds a bit strange to me... *he shrugs but just accepts it.* So how did you wind up in that Bacta tank anyway?

*Nexa's runabout finally completes its return and lands in her ship, the crew surprised to see their captain is onboard.*

*The Runabout beeps to notify they've arrived at their destination*

Nexa: *groggy* Huh? Here already? *she buries her face into Val sleepily*

Janri: *yawns as she wakes up* It seems like it... wonder what it's like, I've never been on your ship before.

Cultist 1: Dan? What are you doing here? This isn't even the right deck.

Cultist 2: Dan wouldn't be drinking... he has a shift in engineering.

Cultist 3: What, is this a changeling then?
  • Options
    Tybanus: *Immature chuckling to himself before stopping and wondering what he was just doing, looking over his body*

Other Universe Nick: Dan.... Dan? no...... *He still staggers for a moment before straightening up* Its Revelation. *From his hip he fires a silenced pistol at the first two cultists, felling them with shots to the head, keeping his pistol aimed at the third cultist*

Freeman: *Sets her down on the table* Is there an issue?
  • Options
    valendria: probably full of cultists.... i wouldnt trust anyone.

lythe: i can tray and feel which ones are cultists. *raises a brow towards the kriegsman.*

kenzie: it is a technological marvel that is for sure.

jorin: i lost a fight with some one..... id rather not get into it its a long story.

bones: first of she is dead but that is no surprise due to vampire. did this just start today? *he says running some tests on her.*
  • Options
    Janri: We should definitely be on the lookout. *she gets up and stretches before walking over to Lythe and giving her a tired hug, then breaking it, rubbing the sleep from her eyes* I told you I was gonna hug you when I was cleaned up. *she gives a goofy smile*

Nexa: *she reluctantly opens her eyes and looks around* I trust Lythe's abilities. But if we do have to fight I'm sure we can take them down.

Reashe: Well, with your armor taken care of did you have any plans? If not we could grab something to eat.

Rax: Understood. Other question, who's your apprentice? Is it that guy? *he jabs a thumb over at Freeman*

*The third cultist immediately attacks him with no hesitation, using a knife he had on his belt*
  • Options
    Tybanus: *While no one was watching him, half of the sandwich is now gone.

Other Universe Nick: *with his pistol still having been aimed at the third cultist, he shoots the hand holding the knife* now, now, now, I leave you alive to talk to me maybe show me you're worth redemption and this is how you repay it? I suppose with nothing else left to live for you want to join your dead god. I can make that happen.

Freeman: Yeah, I thought it was dinner, even though it was great last night, but.... I'm at a loss.
  • Options
    lythe: .... i had forgotten....

valendria: *be nice to just get a proper bed.....

kenzie: sure i wouldnt mind.

jorin: yes that is my apprentice, i have yet to show him how to craft a lightsaber but that will be the next step in his training.

mira: *groans*

bones: hmm, noting seems to be wrong. she is in good health... i have no idea what is wrong with her...
  • Options
    Janri: Sorry if it bothered you. *She looks a bit embarrased, rubbing the back of her neck, having hoped it she'd appreciate it. She wasn't there when Nexa talked with Lythe about petting so Janri is unaware of Lythe's lack of experience with certain social actions*

Nexa: I mean there was a bed on here, but... *she shrugs and looks reluctant to get up but she knows they should* mine is much comfier. *She looks over at Tybanus a little confused*

Reashe: Great. *She sounds cheery* Come on, I haven't eaten yet. Maybe I can show you some more of the food we eat on here. *She starts to get up and offers a hand to Kenzie*

Rax: He seems like an alright guy. He from another universe too? I kind of sense a connection between them aside from the obvious relationship.

Cultist: As if I'd tell you anything. Why the hell would you offer me a chance to redeem myself and not them? If anything seems more like you wanted to taunt me before killing me. *He growls at Nick*
  • Options
    lythe: i never meant to offend... my apologies.... *she looks down embarrassed of herself as she hurries out of the shuttle.*

valendria: i think the stress of the day finally got to her..... she was the one holding out the longest after all. *she looks over at tybanus.* at least she doesnt know what corpse starch is......

kenzie: i'll be fine thanks. *she gets up herself knowing with her size and strength shes just end up pulling raeshe down and hurting her even more.* i dont suppose the food here is much different from where im from? i mean their are humans here.

jorin: yeah he is, the one on the table is his wife mira... im not really sure whats wrong with her.

evelynn: *walks over pulling a step stool up as she takes a moment to looks over mira.* congratulations.

bones: hmm?

mira: *groans again.*
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Janri: Lythe wait! You didn't offend me! Please, its okay. *Janri feels bad for causing her distress and she chases after her. She worries that she's caused the opposite of what she intended with her hug. Lythe can sense that Janri cares about how she feels and is quite worried about her right now*

Nexa: Whats corpse starch and why do I feel like it's bad? *she looks after Janri and Lythe as they hurry out, letting out a sigh* I hope they'll be alright...

Reashe: Well human food from this galaxy is probably similar to what you're used to, though any food from our home galaxy would be a bit more unique. *she realizes offering a hand to help her up was probably not the best idea as she leads the way to the mess hall area*

Rax: *he looks thoughtful for a moment then chuckles* I think she means it's morning sickness.
  • Options
    Tybanus: *upon looking at him again, there is not that much of the sandwich left in his hands* I miss my rations.

Other Universe Nick: That's more than fair, bit of both actually. I mean I coulda killed you instead of shooting your hand too. But what's done is done. Its dumb charging a man who still has a gun aimed at you so i guess you are hopeless after all. Try to fall on your back, cleaning up blood takes about 120 seconds out of my time dealing with the rest of your friends. *Fires the pistol, shooting the cultist in the chest*

Freeman: congratulations for what? she isn't feeling well. what do you mean sickness? can it be cured?
  • Options
    Lythe: *is currently out of sight seeming to have vanished*

Valendria: you don’t want to know... finish that sandwich and let’s go

Evelynn: Mira is with child. The morning sickness is a symptom of it. It will fade in time tho.

Mira: w-wait I’m pregnant?.....

Evelynn: yes

Mira: holy sh*t I’m not ready to be a mother... *she starts hyperventilating*

Kenzie: as long as it’s edible I guess.
  • Options
    Janri: Why... why did I have to do that... I just wanted to help... *she looks towards the ground, sniffing the air for Lythe's scent knowing it's probably futile. Her skin starts to cover in a light frost and the air gets very cold around her. Seems the stress and trauma of the day is getting to her as well*

*Nexa looks around and stretches, ready to go*

Nexa: Yeah... with a name like that I'm guessing it's pretty awful.

Reashe: *she nods as she gets them some food* And there's something else I was wondering. *she playfully pokes some of Kenzie's muscles* Just how strong are you? I know I've seen you do some impressive stuff, but I mean out of the armor.

Rax: *he looks back to Jorin* I guess I should go ahead and get going... this feels like it's a very personal issue I probably shouldn't be here for. *talking about Mira*

*The cultist falls over backwards, dead as the others, though the other two did get some blood on the floor*
  • Options
    valendria: well the name is pretty telling if that isnt a big enough hint.....

kenzie: i can lift a warthog with out my armor on, back in the UNSC i was known for having more strength then brains and i guess its kinda true cuz im not the brightest *shrugs as she takes a large amount of food for herself.* i guess if you wanted to actually see what i can do id be up for it, if you know where some really heavy sh*t is.

jorin: you're free to stay but if you do have other things to attend to i wouldnt want to keep you. i suppose if you have any questions about constructing a light saber or how to use one if you dont know already id be willing to help you out.

mira: im ganna get fat and throw up all the time and get weird cravings'n sh*t... least thats what mom said when she had me... *she takes a sudden sharp breath with her eyes widening.* oh god no one tell her.......
  • Options
    Tybanus: it's all I was allowed to eat. *Lifts up his gas mask and finishes the rest of the sandwich, his pale skin and stubble showing*

Other Universe Nick: *taps his gauntlet, opening vortexes under the bodies, letting them fall in and be brought somewhere else. Now taking a moment to clean up the blood by vaporizing it*

Freeman: wait, I'm gonna be a dad? This.... Wow I don't think either of us are ready.
  • Options
    *Janri tries to figure out where Lythe went, rubbing her arms as she seems unaware of how cold she is right now. She is inexperienced trying to follow a scent but she remembers what the angel blood smelled like, with how long it was on her she was quite familiar with it, and its still on Lythe's wraithbone so she hopes she can follow the scent to find her*

Nexa: *she looks outside the shuttle* I wonder where Mom and Lythe went... should we just do something about the cultist? The three of us? I'm not sure what to do... *she sighs*

Reashe: We've got a few speeders and stuff that you might be able to lift. When we're done eating I'd be happy to see you show off. Maybe you can even bench press me. *she chuckles* Though I'm of course a lot lighter than any vehicle.

Rax: I can stick around for longer. I could use a bit of a tutorial on lightsaber construction. Most of the pieces I could probably manufacture on my own, but I haven't made one before.

*With it all cleaned up the quarters are completely quiet. Someone passes by in the hallway but it's a normal crewmember*
  • Options
    lythe: *finds her old room and gets cleaned up.*

valendria: i think lythe just needs some alone time but finding the remaining cultists is more important since this is your ship.

kenzie: you actually want to see how much i can lift?

jorin: much like any other weapon a lightsaber is an extension of your arm and connected to its wielder thru the force. its often better to forge it out of materials that are meaningful to you in some way to create that personal connection. *he takes out his main saber and igniting its yellow blade which seems brighter and hum louder then normal.* my lightsabers focusing crystal is the pearl of a krayt dragon along with its bones as a decorated casing. it took me two weeks to track it down and another three days to slay, it may have taken my arm but i still managed to kill it. *he sheaths the saber clipping it back to his belt.* ever since then i garnered a reputation and title as the dragon of mandalore and took krayt as my surname. due to reputations and all that i had a few challengers and eventually i found myself the head of my own clan, and it was all because some bounty hunter dared me to slay a krayt dragon.

mira: im not ready for any of this..... *she says in a whining tone* i dunno the first thing about raising kids.... then theres the mandalorian aspect to worry about.... *she looks over at freeman keeping her voice lower.* are we ganna have to leave and start some where new.....
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    *Janri gets lost having no idea where she's really going and she just goes into the nearest quarters she finds and curls up in the fetal position, holding herself a little too hard before just screaming, screaming her lungs out and more as her feelings that have been buried finally break free, she cries but her tears just freeze. The quarters she found gets colder and colder, ice starting to form on the walls and the door of it, along with proper ice forming on Janri in some places.*

*Engineering gets some notifications that there is an environmental error on the internal sensors, assuming it's a malfunction because there's no other signs of the environmental systems breaking*

Nexa: Where should we start then? Just search for them? I... might be able to sense if they're with the cult or not, but I'm not quite sure about my new senses. I'd need a test subject to be sure.

Reashe: Yeah. Is it a little silly? I kind of feel like it might be considered silly. Part of it is curiosity... *she looks at Kenzie's muscles, not saying that part of it is she really wants to see how she looks while lifting*

Rax: Personal materials huh? *he looks thoughtful* I can think of a few that might work for that. And taking down a Krayt dragon is pretty impressive. I didn't fight one until after I became one of the greatest bounty hunters back then, so I'd already been hardened when I came face to face with one. *he nods to the story of how Jorin became the leader of a clan* It can be surprising where we get the beginnings of our "legends". I was a great shot when I began but I was some no name hunter who a handful of people put their credits on to get me to hutta as their hope of winning the great hunt. *he sighs* Too bad only one of them survived.
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Tybanus: there are more cultists? *He grabs his shovel and runs out of the shuttle with it in hand*

Other Universe Nick: *moves out of the room looking for the next cultists to deal with*

Freeman: No, No.... we... we don't have to leave... I'm not ready for this either but I'll see it through with you.
  • Options
    Valendria: hold that thought. *she says portaling to where janri is.* hey calm down... with powers like these breaking down usually means others getting hurt... at least in my case it does. Just give her some time ok? And try to fine a less destructive way of coping....

Kenzie: It’s ok I don’t mind showing off.

Jorin: i nearly died taking it out, but anyway. I can show you some of the basics of the parts and such.

Mira: I’m ganna have to go thru this morning sickness and get fat... *sighs* it’s also ganna be a vampire and such cuz of me..... I’m never even wanted kids I hate this! *she starts hyperventilating again*
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Janri: Its partly the stuff with Lythe... but there's more... *she rocks back and forth, it does seem like her powers would wind up hurting others if she keeps on like this* I'm sorry I'm such a mess... I just... it feels like everything is crashing down all at once... I... I was holding a lot of things back while we were doing all that stuff for Nexa... and now its like its trying to burst free... *She starts to lean against Val, the frost on the side of her body touching Val begins to melt off. She slowly looks up towards her but with some of the ice on her neck its a little bit of a struggle* I don't know how to cope... can you... hold me for a little bit?

Nexa: Listen, don't go killing random people because they might be cultist. I don't want innocent members of my crew dying. *She rubs her arm as she stands around waiting*

Reashe: *She smiles excitedly* Thank you. Want to go ahead and start making our way over there? *She nibbles on the last of her food*

Rax: I'd appreciate it. *He nods, feeling a bit awkward as he listens to Mira while he talks with Jorin*

*There are other cultists scattered about the ship on various duties, though here and there Nick can find one in their own quarters*
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (*bonks Rattler with a stick*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Tybanus: But I'm good at killing cultists. Did you not see the body outside this on that planet?

Other Universe Nick: *enters the quarters of the cultist by himself, still in disguise*

Freeman: I mean... I still love you no matter how you look, this is sudden
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Krystal: I think Kayla's the only one on the Lexington crew.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    valendria: are you just going to sob on my leg then? *shakes her head and holds her leg out.* very well. at least shine my boots while you're down there as well.

kenzie: you seem really excited about it. sure why not.

jorin: ill get some cloths on and meet you in the mess to let those two have some time.

mira: i guess.... it cant be all that bad right? *she pauses starring off into space.* oh god its ganna be like the two of us combined............ never mind this is still a*s.