test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Nexa: *She arrives in the shuttle bay after Val has created the army of Ghouls and they're working on the remaining cultists* I... what is this...? It feels... strange... *She shivers as if freezing as she watches the carnage*

Cultist: W-what are you going to do to me? *He gulps, looking into her eyes obviously terrified. He doesn't know if he's going to die or be turned, he just knows that nothing good is about to happen to him*

*The remaining cultists try to fight back but they're being overwhelmed by the horde fairly quickly*

Janri: I feel... I don't know what I feel but its like my pulse is quickening. *She clutches her head for a moment then shakes it, running after Lythe moving very quick, keeping up with her pace as they hurry on to the shuttlebay* You can sense something can't you...

Reashe: Yep! though trust me, I'll be fine. *She nods and sets up a table in her quarters, putting her left hand on it, all fingers outstretched giving space between them and she readies the knife, placing the tip in between her thumb and her index finger, gripping it in her right hand in a downward manner.* You've never seen anyone do this before?

Rax: Well, I never had as strong of ties to the Sith as others might've. I was sent away to the outer rim by my mother, she pissed off some high ranking Sith lord and he was going to execute the whole family. I was basically forced to raise myself, though there were hunters and others that took pity on me despite my heritage. I became a bounty hunter when I was old enough, didn't make much of a name for myself until later on of course. So on the one hand I do regret the lose of my kind, I wasn't close to them. *He sighs* Then again, who knows, maybe there are still some sith lying around out there somewhere. I know there was a rogue sith lord who found tribes of purebloods in the unknown regions. Could be plenty more out there lost to time.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Tybanus: this is pretty horrifying. *He says emotionlessly*

Other Universe Nick: *turns off his holodiguise, and gets another pistol from the transporter buffer, the door opening to the rest of the runabout, saying to the cult* Hey guys, how's your health plan?

Freeman: I'm sure we'll find a way back
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *about this time, the Lycaon drops out of warp near K-13 and sends a hail to Exeter a few seconds later*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Valendria: you will be my messenger. Go now and tell your other cult friends of what happened here cuz it will be their fate too if they still want to pursue their goal. *she pushes him towards a shuttle the hoard doesn’t seem to attack him*

Lythe: nothing good I can feel.... *she says arriving in the shuttle bay*

Kenzie: what stab their hand? Not intentionally.

Jorin: you’d want to talk to jaessa about that *he says putting his lightsaber back together*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Janri: *she looks around at all the ghouls, sniffing the air and looking confused as she walks around* What are these things?

Cultist: *too terrified to consider she might just kill him anyway he gets in the shuttle and tries to take off*

Nexa: This... I'm not sure what to think of this. *she walks around looking at some of the ghouls, but avoids getting too close to them*

Reashe: *she chuckles* Well you'll probably be surprised by this then. The goal of the game is to go as fast as you can without stabbing yourself. *she closes her eyes tight, making sure she can't see. Then she begins to mutter something under her breath and she relaxes her muscles before beginning to stab the tabl in between her fingers, alternating between around the thumb and each other gap, steadily speeding up. She's trusting in the force to guide her, seeming unafraid of potentially hurting herself*

Rax: I'll probably bring it up the next time I get a chance to talk to her. *he nods* For now I guess I should start thinking about what I should do for construction. Maybe I should wait until I get a chance to go back to our galaxy too.

*Other Nick finds that the cultist on the runabout are too busy trying to get it to launch before the ghouls can get to them*

Cultist 2: Who the hell are you? Don't tell me you're with the vampire...

*Another cultist turns around and fires a phaser at Other Nick*
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Tybanus: should i shoot them? Should i not? They are..... Horrid looking.

Other Universe Nick: *The phaser blast hits his gauntlet, a shield shimmering around him* Apparently it's great! *He starts opening fire with his pistols, filling them with lead*

Freeman: are we just gonna have a whole party going back there?
    Post edited by nickkyana#2794 on
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    valendria: fly free little bird and send my message to the rest of your foolish cultists. *she lets out an unsettling cackle as one by one the ghouls seem to vanish leaving nothing behind. valendria stands there covered in blood with a wicked sharp toothed smile on her face as she looks over at janri* ah the fledgling. come to see the work of your elder?

lythe: i wouldnt suggest shooting them..... she is rather unstable as well....

valendria: i am perfectly fine witch.

kenzie: that's pretty neat. how do you not stab yourself with your eyes closed?

jorin: well i had'nt planned on anyone else going back with us, and im not sure how the temporal aspect of rax would react with the date we'd be going back to... hmmm.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: I guess yeah I did come to see it in a way... *she looks over at Val, a little nervous as she's unsure of what the inquisitor thinks of her.* What were those things? They seemed mindless... like monsters. *she's confused as to how the ghouls completely vanished* Is that something I can do?

Nexa: Especially Don't fire that in the shuttle bay. I Don't want to have to deal with the repairs if you miss and hit one of the runabouts or my fighter. *she walks over to stand by Lythe, feeling strange seeing Val like this covered in blood* Before we came here she took out another cultist in an especially gruesome way. *Nexa seems to be exasperated. She's glad the cultist threat is dealt with, but on the other hand there's fallout she'll have to deal with over this, cleaning up the corpse Valendria left behind before, and the pandemonium from all the cultists attempting to flee. And then there's her biggest worry at the moment and that's her concern for Val and her current state*

*The shuttle leaves for parts unknown before anyone else can try to stop it, the cultist planning to relay the message*

Reashe: *She pauses after reaching the max speed she can* Well, part of my training is that I've become force aware. I can feel the force in a way, and let it guide me. Its similar to something Jedi, Sith, and other proper force sensitives can do, but weaker. I can't do anything like telekinesis, or shoot lightning from my hands, but I can do tricks like this. I'm also very good at playing darts. The best way for me to make sure I'm in the mindset for letting the force guide me is repeating a mantra that I was taught. "I am one with the force, the force is with me." I usually don't verbally repeat it, but it helps me focus.

Rax: Are you planning on going back to a specific time? Not just head over there in the present? I was thinking of finding my own way back if I have to to build my saber, but I don't know too much about this galaxy yet so it would be easier for me to go back with you.

*The cultists die fairly quickly, standing no chance against the surprise attack though some of the bullets penetrate them and hit surrounding areas in the runabout*
  • Options
    *bonks Rattler on the head*
    *about this time, the Lycaon drops out of warp near K-13 and sends a hail to Exeter a few seconds later*
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Tala: *responds*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Alex: Okay, what happened? *he immediately asks after the connection is established* I felt an immense energy burst about an hour ago - like the universe was shuddering.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Want a sandwich or something while we wait?

Tybanus: they are all done anyways it seems.

Other Universe Nick: *Exits the runabout, seeing everyone else.* Hey, Joining in on purge night? Think its over though. I'll be dealing with holdouts elsewhere later on though. This is basically a vacation for me.

Freeman: May as well come with us is what I'd suggest.
  • Options
    Tala: And what makes you think we know what happened when the universe sneezes? We didn't detect anything.
    Krystal: I'm good.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    valendria: *twitches with a unsettlingly sadistic smile as she stands there.*

lythe: perhaps we can talk more when there isnt the threat of valendria murdering us all..... either you calm her down nexa or i will be forced to knock her out, i would prefer a non violent solution tho.

valendria: go ahead and try.

kenzie: so what is this force thing anyway? like a shield or something? if i hit you as hard as a could would your force stuff stop it? *being an outsider she doesnt understand what the force is at all, evident by her confused expression.*

jorin: i suppose another wouldnt be all that bad. i just need to find us a way back.
  • Options
    Alex: Because everything strange that happens usually centers around this group. So...nothing at all? Not even a cosmic string wibble? And what's up with the stream of runabouts heading outsystem, and why is there an Amarie parked here? That's not one of Gaia's ships, is it?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2021
    (Theres only one shuttle, the others were stopped before they could launch, also it was more of a supernatural event, so sensors probably wouldn't have picked it up)

Nexa: I'll take care of it. *she walks over to Valendria, humming a song before embracing her for a moment, reaching up and petting her behind her ears. Despite the inquisitor being in control, Nexa shows the same signs of love and affection towards her as she does Val. Giving a warm smile*

Janri: *she waits beside Lythe* I was hoping my questions would help distract her. *she looks surprised to see Other Nick* Hey... you're that one guy. I remember you.

Reashe: eep! Please don't hit me. *she let's out a squeak* Someone like Oculus specializes in using the force to shield themselves. I can't do that, I'm as frail as I look. The force is kind of like a... spiritual energy that permeates everything. It's a bit hard to describe. Force sensitive can use it like one might imagine magic, as a Force Aware I'm able to sense it, and let it guide me, but I don't get any "magical" powers from it like Oculus and Jaessa do. *she looks thoughtful*

Rax: Sounds good to me. How'd you guys wind up here in the first place? I followed a rift that Oculus and others went through, but the rift isn't always open and I assume it would just lead back to my time.
  • Options
    Nick: Well I'm gonna try to contact who we're waiting for. There should be only one Aeldari signal here anyways. *Starts tapping on his gauntlet* Lythe, do you read me?

Other Universe Nick: Oh sweet, you got a kreigsmen....... why does he have a guardian spear?

Tybanus: It was one of two gifts from a lord custodian. this and my name.

Other Universe Nick: Aww, that's sweet. *mutters "Outa character though"* ah yes i remember you too. Didn't need my assistance. Did you use my shotgun at least?

Freeman: I can talk to people, figure out how to get there.
  • Options
    valendria: what are you!.... *she pauses confused by being pet.* oh..... actually this is quite nice....... *her eyes slowly close as she starts to happily purr, her tail swaying behind her.*

lythe: well at least she is subdued. ill be back in a moment. *she walks away.* who is this and how do you know me?

kenzie: so is there a difference between you and the others? like what oculus and jaessa can do and all that? and is it something that can be taught?

jorin: last time i believe we came across some sort of "temporal agent" of this galaxy but im not quite sure how to get there myself. freeman if you know people then by all means see if they can pull it off.
  • Options
    Nexa: *she moves from scratching behind her ear to giving her full on headpats* Its all alright now.

Janri: *talking with Other Nick* I'm sorry but it didn't do much for me. *she rubs the back of her neck*

Reashe: Well you'd have to be force sensitive to shoot lightning from your hands. But I could teach you to be force aware like me. It would help you in combat and everyday stuff. *she nods* But as far as I know, there's no way for a normal person to become force sensitive. Biggest difference is one is like a wizard, one is like just sensitive.

Rax: Could we ask this temporal agent for help? Or was it a one time thing?
  • Options
    (I believe there were instances of normal people becoming Force-sensitive in both legends and current...but I seem to recall the methods used weren't exactly...moral, or safe.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Those methods are also not well known)
  • Options
    Nick: You were staying on my ship, that's how i know you.

Other Universe Nick: The Dragon's breath should have helped. maybe i should have gave you slugs of blessed silver.

Tybanus: I helped.... Not sure what to do now. *looks around*

Freeman: We can ask Briana. she should know. she is an agent like that.
  • Options
    valendria: maybe..... this isnt so bad..... *she looks over at tybanus.* kriegsman its good to see you again. i hear you have a name now. *she seems to sound and act much like the inquisitor he knew before*

lythe: i must have given you some sort of contact info... if thats the case then what did you need?

kenzie: huh, id love to beat the sh*t out of a jedi wizard, see how good they are.

jorin: well its worth a shot i suppose.
  • Options
    Nexa: You can expect plenty of these in the future. *she relaxes seeing how Val eases up* I love you. Even the way you are now that will never change. *she rests her head against Valendria as she keeps giving her headpats*

Janri: No, I mean the few times I was able to fire it it did its job pretty well. But it didn't help me in the end. *It should be fairly obvious she's a vampire, she's not learned how to hide it at all. Her skin is paler, greyish green instead of how it was before. The only thing that might throw someone off is her icy blue eyes, which while sharing a similar shade of blue to the shade of another color that Valendria has for her eyes* Different rounds wouldn't have changed anything.

Reashe: Uh... well, the closest I guess you could get is maybe sparring with Jorin, who's not really as force focused as the others, Jaessa who I'm not sure if she'd want to, or Oculus. I've heard there's a Jedi Master named Ethrit around if you specifically want to fight a Jedi.

Rax: I don't know who Briana is but it's probably a good idea.
  • Options
    Nick: You're tech is the only Aeldari signal in the quadrant, let alone the galaxy. it was easy to establish comms. anyways I was waiting to see if you'd be back. we're departing on a mission and i wanted to take this opportunity to show you some of the inhabitants of this galaxy.

Other Universe Nick: Maybe i should have lent you armor or something too. are... you okay with what you are?

Tybanus: Yes. I do have a name now. A Lord Custodian granted it to me with his spear he used to save my life, sacrificing his own.

Freeman: I'll message her in a bit then.... apparently I'm going to be a father so.... being unsure how to handle it, i propose you two buy me some drinks.
  • Options
    valendria: that is a great honor kriegsman. *she looks around* I never had this before... true companionship....

lythe: I give off a signal? Hmm... things have calmed down here for the most part so I suppose I could go, what is this mission?

Kenzie: Jorin does look like he could handle himself well in a fight. Jaessa and oculus would snap like twigs id I hit them.

Jorin: congratulations, I’m in the same boat with evelynn but I’ve never technically had my own child before but I know the clan will help in anyway we can. You and Mira aren’t alone in this.
  • Options
    Nexa: *She looks at her, gently swaying as she continues holding her* I didn't have it for quite a while too... its nice. *She gives Val a quick kiss on her cheek* With everything out of the way I'd like for us all to be able to take a moment and relax. *She smiles softly* You, me, Mom, Lythe... It'd be nice to be able to spend time with no worry about anything.

Janri: I'm fine with what I've become. I've got things I have to deal with, but I'm... content. Its taking some getting used to. Everything feels different. But Val has helped me out a bit with getting used to things though I still have a lot to learn.

Reashe: Well I know Oculus uses the force to reinforce her defenses, I'm not sure about Jaessa I haven't spoken with her as much as I have Oculus. Ethrit and Jorin would probably be your main choices I guess.

Rax: I haven't had a child either, I mean... I guess I've got some experience taking care of Blizz. Little guy basically necessitates a babysitter else he'll take an entire ship apart.
  • Options
    Nick: The breifing will be when you arrive here. We're still near the station if you're around.

Other Universe Nick: I see... Well, as long as you're happy.

Tybanus: A very great honor. you can call me, Tybanus now.

Freeman: They will be raised as one of us.... lets celebrate with some Ne'tra gal!
  • Options
    Tala: As far as I am aware... nothing strange other than the current Hur'q crisis. The runabouts are probably shuffling supplies around between K-13 and DS9.
  • Options
    Alex: I could've just come over here on a shuttle if I'd known I were going on a wild goose chase...is the Admiral over there or on the station currently?​​

#LegalizeAwoo