test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,929 Arc User
    lythe: no amount of mental purging will ever free me of the horrors i have seen today.....

kara: jesus f*cking christ its horrid! *she says pulling her pistol out of nowhere and unloading a few shots into the face of this thing.*

valendria: i guess ive done my part..... *her ears weakly flop over, too tired to really move as she lays there fighting to stay conscious.* im sorry if you've felt out classed.... i sort of still do compared to nexa but.... i didnt ask to be born this way. after all this i think i may go away for awhile, i need solitude to clear my mind and keep myself whole much unlike regular people.... so i apologize if this is the last you see of me for some time......
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,243 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Janri: *She looks at Val and sighs a bit disappointedly* If you need to recover for a while I understand Val. I... I'd prefer if you stuck around but... you need to do what you need to do. *She pets her ears gently* I don't know about Nexa though... I just want you both to be alright. *She wipes some dried tears from her face* I... Nexa feels different now. I don't know if she'll be okay after we're done here... You can feel it too right? *she looks up slowly* I don't mean the glowy thing... she told Kara that she had three names... If you... if you go... would you be willing to take her with you? I think she'd enjoy being able to just rest far away from all of this. Nexa didn't ask to be born into all this either...

*At last the Custodes and the Guardsman arrive at the center of nowhere and they're treated to the view of the giant monstrous god battling against the Eldar, the glowing human like woman and Kara*

Nexa?: *She's unable to hear Janri and Val right now, too focused on the battle. She unleashes bolts of lightning like energy at the god, causing it to scream in pain as kara's bullets begin to hurt it. Parts of its face fall off revealing the muscle and sinew underneath it, making it look more monstrous than before.* Lythe I feel the same way... *She focuses her attacks on distracting the god to leave it more open to attacks from Lythe and Kara*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    lythe: *repeatedly jumps around the god burying her glaive deep in and unleashing psychic blasts as she leaps back, using the sharp ends of her glaive to make "blade beams" that strike at the open parts of its face.*

kara: *reloads her pistol and throws an incendiary grenade at one of its eyes.*

valendria: honestly i cant really feel much of anything right now. physically or sensory wise..... and no... i have some unresolved with issues that i need to deal with on my own.... as well as other things. im sorry.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,181 Arc User
    Grenadier Major: I think this is it. What in the Emperor's name is that thing? *Points to the monstrous god being before taking aim with his lasgun, waiting for the word to fire*

Other Universe Nick: *scrolling through his PADD, having left the Exeter for K13* I'm just gonna go out on a limb and assume all the horrible things I feel is all the horrible cult stuff I was told about earlier. Because if it's not, then what the hell else would cause that. Well, I should tie up any loose ends with the cult, make sure they can never make anymore trouble.

Briana: *tosses in her sleep for a second, pulling T'Lera closer*

*Others related to her may be having similar reactions but there are a lot to go over for just one post*

Nick: *continues walking with krystal to the mess hall of the Tepes, a chill going down his spine as he looks around before shrugging it off, still waiting for an answer from krystal*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    RIP Cliff Simon

Condolences to Simon's colleagues, friends, & family
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Janri: *she starts crying softly, some of her tears falling onto Val's face* It will be okay. Just remember no matter what you'll have people who love you waiting for your return. Are you staying long enough to say goodbye to everyone?

Custodes: Fire at will, Grenadier. Whatever that thing is it can't be allowed to live. *the Custodes is careful not to hit anyone else aside from the Deity, taking aim with his spear and unloading his bolter rounds at it*

*It roars in pain, the explosions annoying it and causing it such pain. It lifts itself up and tries to slam down its massive hand on Kara, now enraged and using its full physical strength. With blood gushing from its wounds it begins to focus its power and a black lightning bolt flies out and impacts Nexa, though she blocks it before it hits, the god in its current state seems to be so angry it wants to physically cause them harm, relying more on its body than its powers*

*T'Lera holds Bri a bit tighter, rubbing her back.*
  • Options
    Kara: *jumps out of the way* well this thing is tougher then I thought *pulls out her second pistol and fired more rounds into it*

Lythe: I do t even know if I’m doing anything to it....

Valendria: I’m hoping you can say goodbye for me....
  • Options
    Grenadier Major: *Firing at the monstrosity alongside the Custodes*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (So, this is almost over, right? I'd like to get back to dealing with the Hur'q so I actually have something to do.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Janri: I... I can try Val. *she tries to rub some of the tears from her face, she's not sure how she'll manage but she'll try to shoulder that burden* Can you promise to try and come back safe?

*Lythe can feel that her attacks are injuring it, judging from the amount of physical damage she can see being caused and from the agonized roars the God releases. Finally, after a flurry of attacks and it actually succeeding in smacking Nexa, it cries out, lifting itself up before its body goes limp, slowly turning to ash in a manner akin to how the hellscape forms. They can feel it die though there's no shockwave like with Valtiel*

Nexa?: We did it! We did it... *she falls to her knees, her wings almost completely faded away* It feels... strange to finally be free of this... curse... You hear that Val?

*The abyss grows unusually quiet, the gears finally stopping completely*

Custodes: Victory in the name of the emperor! *he cheers seeing the Deity fade away*
  • Options
    Grenadier Major: We did it now we..... Just need to take care of the Xenos and..... my former inquisitor. *He looks up at the Custodes*
  • Options
    valendria: yeah....*she says remaining unable to move currently* i can try.....

kara: looks like its gone for good.

lythe: *lands near nexa.* what's going to happen to this plane?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    *Soon after Lythe asks Nexa that question the entire Nowhere begins to quake as it destabilizes, the layer of reality beginning to collapse in on itself*

Nexa: Without Valtiel or the God here anymore its going to fall apart. We have to get out before it collapses completely. I'll buy us some time... *She stands up tall and with the last of her power she unleashes an almost blinding flash of light, yet the flash doesn't hurt the eyes of anyone who sees it, the light expands far in a pulse until its touched the entire hellscape, Nexa's power rearranging Nowhere to give them an escape but afterwards she falls to the ground, weakened and having trouble standing up. She's not on death's door, but using so much power for so long has drained her quite a bit, she'll need to rest and try not to push herself for a bit while she recovers. The Giant seal of metatron along with the others they've placed begin to fade away, the seal on Nexa's back remains however, but its no longer glowing in her current state*

I... might need to be carried again. There's a path out of here... I've made sure this plane will hold together long enough for us to leave. But... we should still be careful. *Her eyes seem to be a deeper, darker blue than before and her hair is much darker, closer to black than the shade of green it was before* Kara if you stick around once we've escaped I can give you more details on what you've missed...

Janri: Thank you... but I guess we all have to get out of here now... I'll keep you safe while I can. *She carefully picks up Valendria bridal style and makes sure she's stable and not flopping around in her arms.*

*The Hellscape is still quaking and bits of debris and reality drop from the abyss onto the platform, some pieces of it falling away into nothingness*

Custodes: Grenadier while in another situation I would be inclined to agree with you... they fought against an agent of Chaos alongside the emperor's finest. I think perhaps we can grant them a small mercy just this once. And besides... I feel we must flee here quickly or be lost. *He looks around at the collapse, believing its not worth dying here over such a small fight*
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    Krystal: I regret nothing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Nick: I bet you don't. *Grins* We'll talk about the other stuff from the scans later. Mainly the... DNA...

Grenadier Major:.... As you wish, Lord Custodian, you are right and.... Maybe I was thinking the same thing. Let us flee. *He turns, starting to make his way back the way he came alongside the Custode.*

Other Universe Nick: *Slowly making his way to Nexa's ship, docked with K-13*
  • Options
    Lythe: *picks up nexa helping her move as she makes her way to the exit along with Kara*
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Nexa: Thank you... *she leans into Lythe to make herself easier to carry. Lythe can sense that Nexa's mind is still in turmoil and a jumble of her memories, thoughts and feelings... but there's only one mind now, her multiple lives merged into one. It's made her more unstable than before, but she is complete at the very least.* Just a straight line to safety... I'm sorry I couldn't make it more stable, it was hard to keep it from collapsing quicker than this...

*Janri follows close behind them, careful to not stumble as the debris falls from the ceiling. They're in a ruined hallway that stretches on towards a bright light, they can tell that light is the exit back to normal reality*

*On the way out the Custodes is hit by a large chunk of debris, the sheer weight of it making it difficult for him to pull his leg out from underneath*

Custodes: Not now! Not when we're so close to freedom! *he quickly comes to the realization that he won't be able to make it out before Nowhere collapses* Kriegsman I'm not able to continue...

*Nexa's Amarie class(that I always forget the name of), is still docked with K-13. It hasn't done much since the crew is unaware of what the captain is up to, and the cultists have mostly stayed in place*
  • Options
    Grenadier Major: Lord Custodian! No! I can't let one of the Emperor's companions die here, I can't let your name be forgotten in a place like this! *He desperately tries to lift the debris to no avail* why not me? I don't even have a name to remember! I'm just a number! I... I won't let you meet a horrible fate alone *he looks at the Custodes through the lenses of his gasmask sadly*

Other Universe Nick: *right outside the airlock leading to Nexa's ship* alright this is it. Solo Delta Green time. Should I do this quiet or go in loud?

Nick; but like I said we'll talk about that later. At least I know nobody will wanna kill me over it. *Enters the mess hall, walking over to the replicator* Hot Chocolate, large tankard, Hot, carmel added, mini marshmallows too. Whipped cream on top and 3 shots of espresso on the side *picks up his drinks and waits for krystal to get her's*
  • Options
    Lythe: *runs out making it thru as she leaps falling off her feet while nexa flies out of her arms*

Kara: *makes it out as well and sits down*

Valendria: getting hard to stay conscious.....
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *gets her drink*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Custodes: It is better if you go on to find new glories and honor. And you need not fear about my name being forgotten. You have earned the right to carry it on... Tybanus. *He grabs the Guardsman and pierces his clothing with his spear causing him to be attached to it safely before he stands as tall as he can* Go now! Fly and live on in the name of the emperor, Tybanus! *he throws the spear with enough strength for it to fly out of nowhere, saving the Kriegsman's life as he's sent out of Nowhere just in time*

Nexa: Eep! *she squeaks as she's "tossed" by the leap, too weak to try to right herself and smacks into the cement ground. They've been placed right outside the Antique shop in the normal world, no fog in sight* Ow... *Nexa lays there where she fell, a few scrapes and bruises from the impact*

Janri: Nexa! Are you okay? *she comes out holding Val close, she glances at Val for a moment* Do you need to sleep? Probably safe to do so now. *she pants as she sits down on the sidewalk*

Nexa: I'll be fine... *she looks up towards the sky as she rolls onto her back* Honestly it feels weird being hurt by something like this after worrying about monsters for so long. *she watches over at the new Tybanus as he flies past them though the spear loses momentum soon after allowing him to land* Wait... ain't that the guy... *she coughs in a painful manner, looking over at him*

*When everyone else is out the exit collapses killing the Custodes though he dies with a smile, and the last Visage of the hellscape is gone from view. The sun is rising, and with it a new day is beginning. Seeing this Nexa begins to slowly pull herself up and crawl over to Janri, Val, and Lythe sitting down next to them to watch the Sunrise, humming the song she sang to Val before. She's tempted to say an I love you all, but she feels like its better to just enjoy the moment in silence.*
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Nick: *sits down at a table, downing a shot of espresso then taking a sip of his hot chocolate* so, what do you wanna talk about that isn't what we'll talk about later?

Grenadier Major Tybanus: He..... He gave me his name..... He saved me.... I wasn't worthy. *He's crying under his mask, looking up at the guardian spear pinning his clothes to the ground, his hands slowly reaching out to touch it*

Other Universe Nick: eh, they're cultists. *Walks up to the airlock, knocking on it*
  • Options
    Valendria: it’s finally over.... *looks over at the grenedier slowly getting to her feet* how did the kriegsman get here...

Kara: well I’ll be heading out then if that’s that
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Nexa: I'm not sure Val... I think he was there towards the end of the fight but how he got off my ship is a mystery... *She pauses her thoughts* Wait Kara. Didn't you want to know more about what happened? *She looks over at her then looks at her scarf, staring at it for a moment* Before you go... can you tell me how you got that scarf? I can tell its something special... I want to make one for Val.

Janri: Are you sure you're okay to walk Val? I thought you'd probably still be in pain.

*The spear isn't too imbedded in the ground, it can be pulled out with enough effort*

*Comms panel next to the airlock*

Comms: This is the S.S. Shade. Who's requesting to come aboard?
  • Options
    Valendria: I am in a lot of pain but I’ll manage...

Kara: my mom made it, why would you want one for her?

Lythe: *flops on her back*
  • Options
    Grenadier Major Tybanus: *Pulls out the guardian spear, slowly standing up*

Other Universe Nick: *activates a Holodisguise from his gauntlet making him look like regular starfleet security* Inspection. Starfleet
  • Options
    Nexa: Well... It helps you doesn't it? Protects you from stuff? And I wanted one to give her. Because I thought it would be really special, something just for her. She's done so much for me... I've caused so much trouble for her... I was hoping I could get one for her to help protect her. Maybe put a little bit of myself in it. Just... a way for me to show her my thanks and my love even if it sounds a little cheesy. *She starts to stand up slowly, stumbling a little but finding the strength to keep herself steady* Would I need to talk to your mom about making one?

Janri: Don't push yourself too much Val. *She scootches over to Lythe* I'd offer to hug you, but I'm still soaked in angel blood. How are you feeling now that this is over?

Comms: We didn't get any notifications from the station about an inspection. And we're not exactly the kind of ship that gets surprised inspected because of our Captain.
  • Options
    kara: yeah i didnt make it myself so youd have to talk to her.

lythe: relived that this is all behind us.....

valendria: *looks over at the kriegsman with a sense of unease.*
  • Options
    Nexa: Well... how would I get ahold of her? Is it as simple as just calling her? Do I need to jump dimensions?

Janri: I feel the same way. I've felt outclassed throughout most of this... you have those psychic power things, Val has that demonic stuff... Nexa is well... Nexa, and here I am, just a vampire mom trying her best. But with all this over... I'm glad I was able to contribute in my own way. That I saw this through to the end... *She smiles somberly* Whatever the future brings... I think its a lot brighter now. *She gives Lythe a headpat before laughing* Sorry, best I can do until I wash all this off.
  • Options
    Other Universe Nick: The inspection won't be ship wide. we had one of your crew in the bar admit to smuggling capsules of the Venus drug. its just a limited search. I can make it quick. I wanna get back to the mess hall as soon as i can anyways.

Grenadier Major Tybanus: *Seems to be in a bit of shock and depression, walking back to the runabout the cultist dropped him off with, using the guardian spear as an oversized walking stick, not saying a word or acknowledging the others*