test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *Sitting on the Promenade of DS9, waiting for word from Starfleet Command about her guest. Typing out a message for Rose on her PADD*
    Text: Been a while since I heard from you. Got some questions for our resident superhero as... I did a thing with my water magic.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (well, i just learned something i never wanted to learn...worcestershire sauce is made from, among other things, fermented ANCHOVIES)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    (And you felt the need to share that with the forums?)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (yes; because if i have to suffer, so do the rest of you)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Oculus: We need to cauterize the wound immediately, Jorin can you use your lightsaber to burn the stumps while I dull the pain? Just be careful not to cut any more off... *She gets down beside Mira, meditating and using the force to dull her pain and to slow the flow of blood*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    *the hoard slowly approaches freeman as troopers open fire hitting him with multiple blaster bolts.*

mira: no! dont cauterize it.... ill be fine just find my legs if you can...... *she lets out a heavy grunt.* the pain reduction is helping alot... thanks....

jorin: well... ok, freeman! if you can hear me find miras legs if you can ill find a way to open these blast doors!
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    (by the way, someone managed to recreate an ancient legends protosaber, external power pack and all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC6J4T_hUKg​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Oculus: Well... if it works it works. I'll keep dulling the pain while they figure things out. *She continues her meditation*

Reashe: He better hurry before those things catch up with us.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,184 Arc User
    (Yum. i love anchovies... i mean just because its made of something doesn't mean much. red dye or some kinda flavoring in drinks is make out of beaver TRIBBLE glands or something)

Other Universe Nick: my breath should smell like fresh spearmint.

Freeman: *Brings his hands close to his chest and taking a knee, making so mist shots are likely to hit Beskar armored parts of him* M-mira's.... legs?.... *he looks over, spotting Mira's legs on the ground, spotting her legs and slowly standing up, shots pinging off him as he stares at her legs, looking back to the troopers as he quickdraws the other pistol in his holster. switching it to wide arc, pointing it at the stormtroopers and firing, all the stormtroopers hit with an agony field as the phaser watches over them* LOOK AT WHAT YOU B****RDS MADE ME DO! I DIDN'T WANNA HAVE TO EVER DO THIS! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN THE TERRANS!
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    *the troopers cry in pain and fall over. the zombies remain unaffected still making their morbid advance,*

jorin: ive studied old force techniques but i am by no means a master.... heres hoping i can pull this off.... *he takes a deep breath, oculus can feel that hes finding inner peace and a sense of balance, he grips the doors with a strange sense of calm before a sudden burst of energy shoots thru his body greatly augmenting his strength for a short time. the blast doors hydraulics whine as it slowly screeches open wide enough for freeman to jump thru.* grab her legs and go i can keep this up forever!
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Freeman: *Still hitting the stormtroopers with the wide arc agony blast, sending unimaginable pain through them, Jorin can feel he is lost in rage. screaming out loudly, his other hand raising and firing his DC-17 pistol at the stunned in pain stormtroopers. after a few moments, he looks over seeing Jorin, taking his finger off the phaser's trigger, grabbing Mira's legs and rolling under the door*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Oculus: so how do we reattach them? Just slap them on where they used to be? *she asks curiously, seeming to have some satisfaction in seeing Jorin balance the force in himself*
  • Options
    jorin: *lets out a stressed grunt as he lets the door fall immediately falling to his knees, the force assisted strength taking a heavy toll on his body

mira: yeah just place them near my stumps and let my regeneration do the rest....

*on the other side of the door the scratching of countless undead can be heard along with the slowly dying groans of the troopers still suffering from the agony phaser.*
  • Options
    Freeman: *walks over to mira, putting the legs to her stumps*
  • Options
    mira: basically... *she moves her legs close to where they were as they start to reattach themselves and slowly regenerate the wounds suffered by the thermal detonator.* im pretty tough to kill.

jorin: *pops his shoulder back into place letting out a heavy grunt.* well.... this is going far worse then i could have imagined. *he slowly gets up bracing himself on a wall.* i would hope there wouldnt be any sith to deal with but im not foolish enough to believe that..... im in no condition to fight them off, neither is mira by the looks of it..
  • Options
    Freeman: *looks down at the phaser* I can do it!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    jorin: you are far too unbalanced to fight a sith.... *he takes a deep breath pushing himself thru the pain as he pulls something from his belt and injects himself with it, throwing the canister away once its empty.* center yourself and find your inner peace. fighting true sith isnt like fighting any normal soldier, they are far more deadly and depending on the type of person they are they may enjoy prying into your mind and using what you hold dear against you to unnerve and enrage you. much like your blaster or my light saber, anger as an emotion is but a tool how one uses it can be either a boon or cause the down fall of the one wielding it. unlike what the jedi teach letting your emotions flow in battle isnt falling to the dark side, letting the rage over take you and turn you into what you are not is what causes the fall. but if you can control this primal emotion and direct it in a way where it doesnt cloud your judgment or dull your skills then you will find yourself to be a true force to be reckoned with. this is my first lesson and test for you, center yourself to allow your emotions to properly flow then harness the potency they bring succeed and i will train you further in the ways of the force.

mira: i believe in you love, you can do it.
  • Options
    Freeman: *takes a deep breath and lets it out, Holstering the phaser as his helmet stares into Jorin's. Calming himself and trying to balance himself with some success* My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of Justice.
  • Options
    matt: i know - the tic-tac is to make it way less overpowering!​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Oculus: Strange to see an agony phaser here... *She stands back up now that Mira is healed* I can handle Sith we come across. But we'll need to be careful in case they set up any ambushes or traps. *She stretches for a moment, twirling her lightsaber hilt* Nice philosophy Jorin, somewhat similar to my own, though perhaps my philosophy has been molded by my "upbringing".
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    (*cough*revan*cough*

also, i seriously can't believe no one said a word about someone managing to create a REAL (sort of) lightsaber)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (i've seen the video before. Its not a true lightsaber proto or otherwise, its basically just a flamethrower. Its cool but I'm still waiting for someone to actually use a magnetic field to hold plasma like what we think of as a lightsaber)
  • Options
    (if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's a duck)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (It’s cool and all but it doesn’t function like a real light saber, more like a stronger flame thrower that can sort of cut thru metal but maybe in a few decades we’ll get one)

Jorin: we can talk back rounds and what ever this phaser thing is later. I’m running on bacta and pure adrenaline so it’s only a matter of time before I double over. We already don’t have much time as it is so let’s keep moving.

Mira: *slowly gets up wobbling a bit*
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Freeman: lets go.

Other Universe Nick: *takes a pack of orange tic tacs from his coat, downing the entire package*

(Didn't realize I put freeman twice lol)
    Post edited by nickkyana#2794 on
  • Options
    matt:...seriously?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    jorin: the bridge should be this way. *he starts walking along with mira who hobbles as her legs internally regenerate. the hallway slowly starts to look less and less like an undead feeding ground as they move closer to the bridge. jorin suddenly stops* something feels strange....

*from the hallway coming from the bridge multiple foot steps can be heard as a squad of 10 storm troopers and 3 sith warriors march into view followed by a large number of troopers pouring out from the side doors totaling 30 or so troopers with 6 sith warriors of decent strength.*

trooper LT: hands in the air you've nowhere else to run! make any sudden moves and we will fire!

jorin: *scans the room* these odds arnt good.... lets just do what they say for now.... *he says in a low tone slowly raising his hands.*

mira: you've got to be kidding me..... *she follows suit*
  • Options
    Freeman: *slowly raises his hands, holstering his pistol*

Other Universe Nick: *nods, chewing the tic tacs as he puts the container back*
  • Options
    *from the back of the large group of troopers walks another sith more decorated and in much better quality attire and armor, she stands at 5'4 wearing a black imperial uniform with a black painted plasteel chest piece, over this is an older style sith robe with a large black hood up that hides her features she walks up next too the other warriors looking almost comically smaller then them in height and mass.*

???: so i find three mandalorians, a failed sith, and a mandalorian that fancies himself a jedi. there's no use trying any of your sith or mandalorian tricks either. *she has an oddly soft and warm voice as she looks between the group. even tho her face is hidden in darkness each one can feel her starring into their eyes as she looks at everyone, examining them.* now you must be from that other ship that crashlanded. it would seem we have a common goal, that being getting the hell off the wretched planet the question being tho.... will you be more amiable then that other meddlesome group?

jorin: *stands there silent his helmet hiding his expression.*

???: well? im waiting. *she stands their shifting her weight to one side and crossing her arms.*
  • Options
    Oculus: A failed Sith? A failed Sith? I'm a better Sith than you could ever be. *her lightsaber is on her hilt as her arms are raised, but she seems agitated by the insult* Its not wise to offer a diplomatic solution while also insulting those you wish to deal with.

*Reashe closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breathe to calm herself before looking around at the forces in front of them*