What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    *Exeter comes about, and evades enough to go to warp*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    *the small Cardassian fleet moves to cover Jorin as he gets ready to leave. The Hur'q and Fek'Ihri busy fighting each other now. A few shots and swarmers straying and attacking the task force*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    *the tracinya jumps to lightspeed at a random trajectory.*

lythe: i know you use your abilities to hide your appearance and deceive your captain and i find that highly suspicious.... *crosses her arms*

kara: maybe this was a bad idea.... you were on active duty technically..... we should head back after we're done.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: well uhh... can't you just use a portal to lessen the time we were gone? So at least we're not gone an hour and a half with the meal alone?

*the Cardassians and the Defiant warp out as the Fek'Ihri and Hur'q continue to fight*

Eli/Delgado: well it doesn't matter what you find suspicious. *smiles* I'm just a man trying to do his job and I do it well. I work here and save lives, yours included. I'm a Doctor. Not some kind of Soilder or Assassin. I'm a pacifist. The idea of hurting someone let alone killing them makes me sick to my stomach.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    *and then the missiles all detonate in one single massive blinding flash, vaporizing anyone unlucky enough to have gotten too close and scrambling the sensors of ships further away via a massive pulse of ionizing radiation, the conundrum and lycaon slipping into FTL in the chaos*

(not all injuries leave physical marks)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    (Sorry my power was out the past couple of days, been having a lot of issues getting back online.)

T'Lera: I'll back you up, Vulcans aren't really known for... lying. Maybe obscuring the truth, but its not often that my people will tell a direct falsehood.

*The IKS Dagh and the D.V. Unyielding both unleash a volley of fire before the Dagh uses its enhanced communication systems to disrupt the remaining enemies and they follow the rest of the group to warp*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    *after a while the tracinya drops out of light speed.*

jorin: ok i want status reports.

biggs: well engines just died and we're coasting at about 3,422.23 km/h

wedge: theres heavy structural damage but its stable for now. the engines are badly damaged and the hyperdrive is fried.

jorin: where are we currently?

biggs: i dont know... it doesnt look like we have any star charts of this area.

jorin: *sighs taking off his helmet.* engines and structural damage are our first priority then we can see about finding out where the hell we ended up, if its possible try getting scans of our surroundings long range and short. id rather not run into anything while we have no engines.

jaessa: *paces around her room restlessly,*

lythe: *her expression softens and she sits down.* i... well.... my mistake......why hide your appearance tho?

kara: it'll be ok bri. if this had been another universe sure we could be in and out with out any time passing at all but id rather not TRIBBLE up any temporal stuff in this universe i only pull that stuff when its me alone.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Eli/Delgado: I'm from another universe like yourself. That man, the captain... he is my father in my own universe. So its better do hide myself as another species. I trust you will be quiet about this?

Briana: given everything that's happened with you, I'm sure she'll understand. Hopefully food gets here soon. We can be in and out real fast. And I mean... well you know what I mean.
  • Options
    Oculus: Jaessa? What's wrong? What happened over there? I felt your anger...

T'Lera: She does seem pretty understanding.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    kara: who krystal?

lythe: i suppose but... how would he even know? and why be here in the first place? how will you leave and what will you say when you do?..... all of these obstacles you have set for yourself seem rather unnecessary.....

jaessa: *shakes her head.* im not sure.... i just lost it.... i felt... something, then i was down on the base with no idea how i had got there and a room full of burnt hur'q. the last thing i remember before i lost it was evelynn crying then it was nothing. i think everything is just bareing down on me.... worrying about evelynn and her training. jorin, and now this new thing with cerys. *she sighs sitting down.* this is no setting for a child to be a part of.....
    Post edited by hoan113 on
  • Options
    Oculus: Jaessa it will be okay. *She pulls her into a tight hug* We can get through this. You don't have to hold the weight of the world on your shoulders alone you have people to help you through this. I'm sure that something bad probably happened down there, and it made you angry, but that's okay.

T'Lera: Yeah. *She nods gently*
  • Options
    jaessa: i know that... i just dont know what to do.... *the ship heavily shakes.* that didnt feel good.... come on... evelynn stay here and brace yourself just in case.... *she tugs on oculus walking towards the bridge.*
  • Options
    *Oculus nods and stays close to Jaessa as they head to the bridge, wondering what happened*

Oculus: Are we still under attack?
  • Options
    *the bridge is alight with sounds and warnings and talk amongst the crew as from the window there is a distant planet barely visible with in the nebula they seem to find themselves in the details of the planet are impossible to see due to the distance but it has a strange feel to it that none except force sensitives can feel.*

biggs: we've been pulled into the planets gravity well, at our current velocity we'll impact in about ten minuets. as for scans we can barely make out anything in this interference. my guess is that we found ourselves in an unexplored part of the gamma quadrent in some sort of nebula.

jorin: fantastic.... *he looks over at oculus.* no we're clear for now but we made a partial blind jump and now we're about to crash land on what ever this planet is. speaking of which, what type is it?

keina: class m planet with a type one atmosphere so its fine for us at least. looks like its mostly jungle with a few arid and desert biomes. gravitational pull is about the same as coruscant.

jorin: alright, how about engines or at the very least maneuvering thrusters.

biggs: looks like wedge managed to get the engines online but only at 40% efficiency.

jorin: *slowly nods hitting the ship wide coms.* this is the captain, all personnel secure loose cargo and prepare for emergency planetary landing in T minus eight minuets. repeat prepare for emergency planetary landing this is not a drill.

mira: *wakes up from her stooper* well this isnt good why is everything ringing and shaking?......
  • Options
    *as soon as they're away, alex sighs and re-opens the channel to krystal's commbadge* what the hell happened down there? in between my dispatching rex to the station and everything going to utter TRIBBLE, a dominion ship showed up, beamed several jem'hadar and a vorta down, then a hur'q fleet shows up followed by a FEK'IHRI fleet of all things - what did you do?!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Eli/Delgado: firstly, he would know because i basically look just like him without all this. Add a few spots and red hair, sure its difftent but still noticeable. Secondly, I'm taking care of stuff here maybe having a bit of fun because that's whats been requested of me back home. Lastly, when I leave I will say "sir, its been a pleasure serving under you but now my time is up" no more, no less. You see them as obstacles but they're not. So I ask that you kindly stay out of it.

Briana: Yeah, my mom. She'll understand. Lets not be gone for too long or we'll really be towing the line. *drinks and food arrive. Well most of it. There is still a lot for kara waiting*

Vakyat Aggressor: Whoever that is. They sound angry. This is all very strange to me... i am saddened to leave my kin behind to their mindless consumption.

Kaden: *sits up, screaming for a moment* Oh... wait... here I am... whats going on? How drunk was I? *secures his prosthetic arm* emergency planetary landing?... what do I do for that? TRIBBLE, I hope someone comes along to tell me what to do*

Freeman: Last thing we needed was a crash! After all that fighting. There's honor in dying in battle but a crash landing? We better make it
  • Options
    Krystal: Wait... a Dominion ship showed up? When? I was kinda busy dealing with Fek'lhri!

Alex... I don't know what the hell's going on. But we just found out that a certain Founder may be responsible for all this, but the Fek'lhri were MADE by the Dominion. Not only that, we had a rather interesting development in the form of a Hur'q going friendly after being doused with Ketracel.

Until we can go over the data we recovered, best I can figure is that there was something on the Hur'q homeworld that they needed, and the Dominion took it away. What that is... I don't know. We'd probably have to try and find the Hur'q homeworld to know more.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Oculus: Are communications working? Can we send out a distress call? *she looks over at Freeman* Well maybe we'll get lucky and survive the crash only to be eaten by the beasts. One of the old Mandalores died that way, crashed on Dxun after a battle before perishing.

T'Lera: This looks great. *starts to eat her sushi first, enjoying the sushi roll fried tempura style*
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    (btw freeman and mira are in their own room not on the bridge currently))

jorin: well i dont plan on dying today. coms are up for the most part but this interference is making it impossible to get any form of signal out let alone long range scans, biggs find a decent landing sight and reentry trajectory that has the least amount of velocity acceleration.

biggs: found one, theres an opening between where the desert and dense forest meet that looks alright.

jorin: ill take the helm from here.

biggs: aye sir. *he gets up letting jorin sit down and hitting a button on his helmet that connects to the ship wide coms.* this is biggs, prepare for reentry in ten minuets, anyone not secured in a stationary seat do so now. *through out the ship mandos run about making sure things are ready before strapping themselves down.*

jorin: you two *he says to oculus and jaessa* get to you room and make sure eve is alright. there isnt much time.

jaessa: *nods quickly running back figuring oculus will follow and readying herself and evelynn.*

mira: sh*t sh*t sh*t! this isnt good.... well lets get ready then. *straps herself to a heavy bolted down chair.*

lythe: very well. im sorry to disturb you then. *she gets up to leave.*

kara: *starts in on her food as it arrive.*
    Post edited by hoan113 on
  • Options
    Eli/Delgado: you don't have to leave. Been too long since I have had a Psionic to talk to. I knew a Chaplin but its been awhile.

Briana: *starts to eat her own food, starting with the hot soba*

Freeman: *sits next to Mira, bolting himself in* I should have recommended an upgrade to shields. I really should have. Now we're paying for it.

Kaden: oh damn it, damn it! *opens the door from his room to the hall* where are those chairs he just talked about? I'd prefer not to die!
  • Options
    *there is a chair near kaiden that looks heavy enough with straps on it,*

lythe: my appologies for being rude earlier... i let my paranoia get the better of me and the day has been rather taxing on me... after all i was nearly killed by an acquaintance i was trying to help.... *sighs* ive never faced a vampire before and i hope i never have to.... i would have died if not for your captain showing up and the other vampire that looked just like valendria stepping out of some crimson portal, i would assume she is another realms version of the valendria i know.
  • Options
    Eli/Delgado: sounds like my Sister in-law. Pray tell, did she have a woman with orange hair, freckles, and spots going down her neck following her? Start at the forehead or so and go down the side of the body?

Kaden: *shuts his door then secures himself in the chair* this is a nightmare! Am I sure I'm not still drunk?
  • Options
    lythe: im not sure. by the time the other valendria ran out, my vision was already fading.... i dont know who survuved the encounter.....
  • Options
    Eli/Delgado: Fair enough. Sounds like it was my sister in-law though. And thinking about the situation, my sister was likely there knowing her. The one I just described to you.
  • Options
    lythe: why would anyone marry a vampire? especially knowing they're ageless?
  • Options
    alex *dead silence, then...* I KNEW IT, I TRIBBLE KNEW IT! the hur'q haven't been attacking dominion space randomly - they've been attacking sites containing components used in the manufacture of ketracel white

except the places they were forcibly drawn to, obviously​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Alex... calm down. We still got a lot of data to go over, and the Alliance needs to hear from our new friend.
    We have pieces of a puzzle, but still not the full picture.
  • Options
    *alex is not listening in favor of ordering his science officer to compile a list of ketracel components and transmit it back to imperium space so their defense forces can be concentrated in likely areas of hur'q attack*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Alex?
  • Options
    Oculus: *she hurries after Jaessa* can we get buckled down in your quarters?

(I don't think they only attack places with components for ketracel production, they have do attack some places simply out of their madness caused by their lack of it(