test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    (If I remember correctly in the game, the nanites are neutralized, as the whole point is that everyone can die again in the story. The other prisoners seemed pretty happy about it so I assume the nanites are destroyed in some way, perhaps made to self destruct.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Bashir: That is correct, Rakesh. Therefore, hypospray vaccination is our only way to spread the cure safely. Also, Rakesh... As part of your... field training, I want you to inoculate the Kai. The rest of us will inoculate the rest of the people of this planet.

Nick: Yeah, lets forget air dispersal. we have the hypos. let's do everything we can, then let's leave. let alex do whatever he's gonna do. or protest it. it's your choice what you do with him.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    rakesh: who said anything about field training?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (Alright if people are just going to ignore my questions I'm done here)
  • Options
    (the question was answered by rakesh - and don't TRIBBLE give us attitude...you have NO right to give anyone here attitude after how many times you've left us hanging)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (What question exactly? )
    westx211 wrote: »
    (If I remember correctly in the game, the nanites are neutralized, as the whole point is that everyone can die again in the story. The other prisoners seemed pretty happy about it so I assume the nanites are destroyed in some way, perhaps made to self destruct.

(like this is 100% a statement. i'm not seeing a question anywhere in this if its what you're referring to, west.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (What? Rakesh said who said anything about field training how is that relevant?
  • Options
    (I meant to be asking how are the nanites not being destroyed in thread, how are they still keeping people immortal)
  • Options
    rakesh: the cure was to neutralize the part that ties them to this planet...the nanites themselves would still be in a subject's bloodstream and could be reverse-engineered

(which is, i think, the point rose was trying to make all those pages back when alex was on the hellhound with bashir)
    ​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    westx211 wrote: »
    (I meant to be asking how are the nanites not being destroyed in thread, how are they still keeping people immortal)

(Okay... could have rephrased it into a question.... Felt kinda.... I'm not sure of the word... snarky maybe? It seemed like you were getting mad at us for not seeing a question you technically never asked.)
  • Options
    (So how exactly does the cure we have work worse than the one in game? That's why Jessica has been hounding so hard for air dispersion, because I was under the assumption the cures we had were the same
  • Options
    (I mean the statement wasn't snarky, it was meant to be a question, my response was a little snarky because I was hoping for a response but didn't realize I forgot to make the statement a question
  • Options
    (I meant your response was snarky. sorry.)

Bashir: Don't be negative. Having this field training may yet save your life and other people's lives in the future.

Nick: he just... wants you to inject the kai as a test i guess... have at it.
  • Options
    rakesh: what part of 'i'm a warrior, not a doctor' was unclear?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: *Shrugs* I mean... Do you wanna be here all day while only 2 or 3 people do the work?

(Besides, there might be plot inside)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    rakesh: injections are one thing - any idiot can use a hypospray, but i did NOT agree to field training, nor do i have any intention of doing so!​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Calm down. i think he was just making a joke about field training.
  • Options
    rakesh: just give me the damn hypo and let's get this over with...i want to get off this wasteland and back to DS9​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: *Tosses Rakesh a hypo*
  • Options
    *he snatches the hypo out of the air and stalks into opaka's dwelling* you're up first, eminence​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*sprays rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*continues spraying rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*sprays thread* opaka, you're up!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Well.... anyone wanna take it or should I grab it quick?)

Nick: *takes a deep breath and Pats his revolver*
  • Options
    (dew it!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *inside the makeshift temple, the Kai stands at the far end of the room, praying to what appears to be a Bajoran orb*
  • Options
    *rakesh steps into the room and heads for the kai, feeling his earlier irritation melting away with each step taken*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *The kai turns back to watch Rakesh*

Opaka: Is it time?
  • Options
    rakesh: yes, you're up first *he waggles the hypo*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Opaka: By all means. *puts her arm out for the hypo*