test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (the dominion didn't have the means to turn entire populations into techno-zombies...YET)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Nick: I don't know... were the dominion capable of turning an entire planet's population INTO GODS DAMNED CYBER ZOMBIES that can be used en masse against us? we let them take these planets, We're going to face a never ending horde of cyber zombies rushing us like a damned soviet charge.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    evelynn: *doesnt seem phased by the blood or anything.* ive naught lead the most peaceful life even for one as young as I am. i can assure you.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Soviet Conscript: Conscript training finished!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Jessica: *she runs her temples* How? The population of this world is in the more dozens. And I'd also like to point out, we still don't destroy planets even when the Borg assimilate them. We might not be able to cure a husk, but we could probably figure out a signal to shut them down. And I can guarantee you that the dominion ain't going to be happy if we go around scorching earth's because the reapers are coming. This is their space, not ours. And again, if we neutralize the nanites with our own, there is nothing for the reapers to gain from here.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Nick: Ah yes. then we leave it for someone else to find. Better yet. we could just willingly hand it over to somebody that would want to harm us. Like the dominion. I'm sure they won't use it for evil deeds... or those terrans that have been lounging around K13.... you know the ones that have those horribly grotesque mutant juggernauts, the terrans that kidnapped Krystal and Renia.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Jessica: Whag the hell are you going on about? The dominion pretty much already has claim to this system. They pretty much have claim to most of the gamma quadrant. And the dominion I don't know if you knew this Nick, maybe you missed a memo, is our Ally at the moment. Odo and the founders requested our help to combat the Hur'q threat, and they helped us during the end of the iconian war. I mean, I get the terrans bit is you taunting me but... did you just miss everything that happened on DS9?
  • Options
    Nick: Just because odo is friendly towards us does not mean the rest of the dominion is. I guarantee it. Just because odo is working with us, doesn't mean there aren't founders that will want to stab us in the back. they are an empire built on the backs of slaves. continuously held up on the backs of slaves. This tech would give them an opportunity for more slaves.
  • Options
    Jessica: You realize how hostile they would become if we start destroying planets in their space right? "Hi we're going to save you guys but we're going to blow up whatever we want." I'm sure that will go over well. And while some in the dominion may hate us, I'm sure that helping save them will ease any lingering hatred. But all that goes out the window if we destroy one of their planets.
  • Options
    (Is rattler busy?)
  • Options
    Nick: That's why alex was going to talk to Odo. or did you miss that part? I'm not doing anything. To assist or stop him. While i agree that this place should burn, I'm not going to do a damn thing except let alex have at it. It's no skin off me.
  • Options
    (not as busy as seven apparently is, since this is the SECOND DAY IN A ROW HE HASN'T SAID A DAMN THING!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: Sorry, it was sounding like hou wanted to blow it up regardless of what Odo said.
  • Options
    Nick: Alex wants to blow it up regardless of what odo says... and regardless of what odo says, I am not going to get in Alex's way to stop him. if he slags this moon I won't lose any sleep. I can understand why this place needs to be destroyed but I find myself unable to act in favor of it. doesn't mean i can't speak in favor of it.
  • Options
    (actually, he only wants to nuke it after everyone leaves if he can't get hold of odo - if he can do so and odo refuses for a valid reason or reasons, he'll respect that...and just send down a team to neutralize every dragon's tooth he can find and hope he gets them all)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I'm sure with 25th century tech it wouldn't be too hard to track down every dragon tooth
  • Options
    (you know...unless they're resistant or invisible to sensors)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I need a damn cigar... or something to drink.... I also wanna add. The terran bit wasnt me taunting you. I'm just utterly disgusted we as the federation are considering backing them. I dont know why you think it's a personal attack on you.
  • Options
    (amen; alex is still preparing an official condemnation against the alliance for agreeing to shelter, aid and abet war criminals)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: I assumed it was a jab at me since well, it's another me who is requesting aid.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    (also
    Setting to reduce space visual effects clutter is possible. He wanted to announce it last week when power went out.
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and rattler will like this one:
    Pet inventory tab is in works.

https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1250645/ten-forward-weekly-21-08-2019​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I'm never going to judge someone for what their mirror selves do. You have no control over them. I've got no reason to jab at you. My quarrel on the matter is with the Federation for even half considering aiding her. It's like we're forgetting who we are and what we stand for.
  • Options
    (*pokes thread*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes rattler with noodle*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Bashir: While this is an interesting conversation to listen to - I am afraid we must focus on administering the vaccines - once that is done, we can focus on other matters - such as the possibility of this planet getting Delta Zeroed, as much as I hate that contingency. And if the Imperium wishes to destroy the planet accordingly, that is their decision and we can't do much about anything the Imperium decides to do.

Nick: So who do you want to inoculate the kai?
  • Options
    (oh, look who FINALLY showed up...also, bashir would not know that term - he's letting meta info leak into character portrayal)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: We can protest it. Like if the klingons decided to destroy a planet we would protest it. Though even the klingons don't like the idea of completely destroying planets. Atleast to an extent. And I gave an option, we need to create a way to disperse our vaccine through the atmosphere, it's the only way to be sure. Since we can beam up and down again, perhaps we can beam down the components we need?
  • Options
    rakesh: we nixed the idea of air-dispersal of the cure, because it would affect the husks on this planet as well...and self-resurrecting reapers is NOT something we need​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: What? We're curing self resurrecting nanites how would the husks be able to self resurrect if we're curing them?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    rakesh: the cure was to neutralize the part that ties them to this planet...the nanites themselves would still be in a subject's bloodstream and could be reverse-engineered

(which is, i think, the point rose was trying to make all those pages back when alex was on the hellhound with bashir)​​

#LegalizeAwoo