test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Nick: then there were perfectly good reasons for stepping in. Here, I just see a dictator afraid of losing power come crawling for help. We are not the CIA. We are not going to prop you up for our own interests when its morally wrong to support someone such as you. You are sick. You are despicable. You are the enemy. You are lucky this is a federation station and they likely will let you go in peace.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Ami: To be fair... we don't know the entire story. And its not really up to us to make the final decision. As I understand it, the Prime Directive is kinda murky on the subject of the Mirror Universe. The Federation has in the past taken a "hands off" approach as we don't have the resources or the capability of crossing over to another universe, although any hostile incursions are repelled. However... I can see a case for asylum if things do go wrong.

If the Terran Empire has fractured... then having something over there keeping the other, more hostile factions out of our universe would be appealing.

As for this... portal... I've never even heard of anything like that before. Almost sounds like an artificial wormhole, but at the same time... I have no idea what it could be.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Eight: I'm not a dictator I'm not afraid of losing power I am afraid for my people. And I'm not quite sure what the CIA are but I assume considering your counterpart its an old earth thing. I'm not sick, I'm not despicable, and I am not the enemy. I am being allowed to stay here by the commander of your task force for now, while I wait for a meeting to be organized between your alliance leaders and myself. I seek to change the hundreds of years of oppression the empire is known for, but not like how Spock did it. Spock had the right idea but disarming ourselves led to us being conquered by those the empire had been enemies with since they had no interest in peace.

*She looks at Ami* Thank you.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (murdering defenseless beings is a sick, despicable act)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Nick: the commander of our task force. Well if our actual commander could see you I doubt you'd be allowed to stay after what you've done. Deny what you are all you want. I will NOT be an accomplice to you and neither should the federation. The line should be drawn somewhere, preferably somewhere far away from you.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Eight: Considering I haven't done much I doubt either of your ranking officers would actually kick me out. And it sounds like you're letting prejudices get in the way of federation values.
  • Options
    Nick: propping up a dictator or empress or whatever you are isn't the federation's values. No matter how you try to sneak through loopholes or outright denial.
  • Options
    Gaia: *walks over with a burrito* What's going on over here?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: Gaia, meet this woman. In charge of the people that kidnapped Krystal and Renia, the same people that killed Renia too. At least we brought Renia back.
  • Options
    Gaia: Huh... *takes a bite of her burrito* Unless you're the one who actually hurt my sister and sister-in-law... I have no problem with you. But whoever actually did... better keep them very far away from me because I will... elaborate on my displeasure at what happened to my family.

Nick... why don't we go look out at the stars or something. I get the feeling this is above our paygrade anyways.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Eight: We were going to bring Reina back. And our Reina has been severely punished for her actions. And again they wouldn't be propping up a dictator they'd be helping my people. You seem to be ignoring the part where I'm responsible for the lives of millions. You're a captain of a ship with what at most 100 people? Try dealing with millions, billions of lives, children, families, let me know what you're willing to do to protect *everyone*. And thank you for being another voice of Reason... Gaia?
  • Options
    Gaia: Oh I'll be reasonable unless I have a reason not to. Politics is not my problem. But if I ever see the one who hurt my family... I will kill them.

Besides... what do I care who's in charge over there? Not making my business any latinum. And the way I see it... why stress over something that doesn't concern me directly? You handle your business, I handle mine, Starfleet handles its own... everyone's happy.
  • Options
    Nick: are you trying to intimidate me with large numbers that may or may not even be the truth? You have a lot of people supposedly. That doesnt make you just or right. Khan, Joseph Stalin, Chairman Mao, Adolf Hitler. They all lead a large number of people and they are some of the biggest monsters in history who put themselves there by making themselves out to seem like the best option.

*walks over to Gaia* and another thing. I know what its like to have that many people's lives in my hands. So dont lecture me. I would suggest leaving before you overstay your welcome. There is some madman running about slashing arms off. Happened to me yesterday. *looks at Gaia* let's go with your idea before I do something stupid
  • Options
    Eight: I meant I am responsible for men women and children and how they live their lives. *she groans and rubs her temples* And its a lot different dealing with a few dozen planets than it is dealing with a single ships worth of lives. *she sighs* There's a difference between being a captain, and being a leader. And I doubt anyone here has a blade capable of cutting my arm off. *she goes back to eating seeming disinterested in the conversation now*
  • Options
    Nick: I know that I do. But i will not use it on you here and now. The moment you step over the line I reserve the full right to use it on you. *looks at Gaia* If The Federation helps her, I am putting in my resignation. You said something about looking at the stars or something... I really need it...
  • Options
    Gaia: *leads Nick to the viewports*
  • Options
    Nick: *follows Gaia* the sooner she leaves this station, the better.... *sighs looking at Gaia* thanks for getting me out of there. I dont need to join Raneson on the chopping block.... let's just move on from that. Enjoying lunch?
  • Options
    Gaia: Yea. And if you ask me... I think you're letting... whatever that is... get to you. I can understand a bit, but I also see some potential. You know... business potential. Honestly its no different than the Cardassians turning against the Dominion at the end of the war. Yea they may have done bad things... but sometimes... all it takes is one person to start a change for the better. Only time will tell.
    *takes a bite of her burrito*
    Besides... Why stress over it? Job's done. Let the political people do the debating. We here on the frontier... just need to make our way in the galaxy. After all... we're the ones with the awesome view. *nods at the viewport*
  • Options
    Nick: yeah, I see your point.... I'll just try to ignore it.... *puts an arm around Gaia then kisses her when her mouth is clear of burrito* I love you Gaia *smiles at her*
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Gaia: Love you too. *smiles back*

Ami: *pulls up a chair next to Henha* Anyways... while Takao was out on patrol, I did some crossreferencing in the Starfleet Database on any unusual energy signatures that match the Energon we found. Might have gotten a few weak hits but they're probably long gone by now.
  • Options
    Nick: I didn't grab anything from the replicator when we came over here. Mind if I take a bite of your burrito before get something for myself?
  • Options
    Gaia: *neutral "I will skin you alive" look*
  • Options
    Nick: or not? Nevermind, love.... I guess what they say is true about trying to get food from... women in your condition *grins*
  • Options
    Gaia: *takes a bite of her burrito*
  • Options
    Nick: be right back *backs up keeping an eye on Gaia as he makes his way to the replicator* computer, one large burger wrap. The whole works, filled with crisp fries and some kind of Barbecue sauce. *gets his requested food and walks back over to Gaia* think I'm good now. I got basically a burger burrito. Its a big one too
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (it's CHIPS, you loon! nick is from ENGLAND)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (Nick is from Ireland, not England. Nick also has an Irish-American accent from living in America.. or just choosing to speak with one. So for him, it's any of the words he wants to use)
  • Options
    Henha: Might be worth looking into. Hopefully there won't be more temporal incidents over it.
  • Options
    Gaia: Just don't try to take my food. Its mine.

Ami: Well... the first recorded instance of a match to an Energon energy signature... was when Nukara Prime was first surveyed. Obviously there isn't any now though. After that... mostly inhospitible planets years ago. Subsequent surveys didn't pick anything up.
  • Options
    Nick: I get it. Especially in your condition. Your food is yours, not even I, someone so close to you, can take your food. *chuckles and puts his free arm around Gaia* if you wanna try my food though I'll let you, love. *takes a bite of his food, smiling at gaia*