test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,184 Arc User
    Nick: Nice to meet you... i heard you came in, in a rush... seemed worried..
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    Raneson: It's... Uh... Krys? Explain 'it' to him.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Uh huh... *takes a look for a moment before setting the PADD down* Admiral Raneson... be honest with me. Was the purpose of me being pulled out of an active battlezone to help with this situation out here or just to bring up this? *taps the PADD* I may be a young Fleet Admiral, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly very well with Starfleet Command.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Raneson: Krys, I wasn't aware of the trap. I was going to reveal that *points at PADD* to you AFTER it was over with. Then that ambush happened. My purpose was purely professional on the orders to New Scorpia Sector. I cleared this with Quinn. I know the rules, Krys.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Nick: So what is "It"
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Henha: I'm getting the feeling this is a bit weirder than usual.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Then I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from, and how it must look from my perspective. If you were in my shoes, I'm sure you'd be just as skeptical. And I'll tell you later Captain.
    Tala: Oh... feels par for the course to me so far.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: She went out of her way to mention it....My Curiosity is stricken..
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Raneson: I understand. I'll be working on the power systems if you need me. Better explain things to the Captain here because he's confused as hell.

*Heads off to work on the power systems*
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Krystal: Alright. And Admiral... we may be the same rank, but Lexington is my house. I expect you to treat her with the same respect you'd ask of me aboard your own ship, and respect my authority aboard this ship.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Raneson: *As she walks* Always will, Krys. *Proceeds to work on getting turbo lift power working, but it will take time*
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Nick: So.... I don't suppose "it" would be the classic movie with Tim curry...
  • Options
    Krystal: *leans back in her chair* Well... that's... certainly interesting. *picks up the PADD*
  • Options
    Nick: So... my curiosity is stricken... can i be aware?
  • Options
    *Henha hails her ship and has them beam over several repair teams*

Henha: Guess we're stuck her till the ship is fixed then.
  • Options
    Raneson: Yep. *Gets the Turbolifts working* There, now we don't have to use the ladders and Jefferie tubes.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Krystal: Well... according to Admiral Raneson... we're very distant cousins. I'm not sure if I believe it or not though. If she's part Trill then maybe? But I can't see a full blood human being related to a full blood Trill.

She also offered me command of one of those bricks. Turned her down.
    Tala: Guess so. But on the bright side... more people helping with repairs. Should have seen the place after Vaadwaur Prime. I swear sometimes the Lexington and Krystal are connected. She took a pretty big blow to the head so you could say she was just as mangled as the ship.
  • Options
    Nick: Permission to speak freely Admiral?
  • Options
    Krystal: Granted.
  • Options
    Nick:Do you.... Do you know how asinine that sounds?... Genetics doesn't work that way.... I feel i need to permission from Temporal to bring Arik Soong here just so he can explain the concept of genetics... Trill and humans are similar in biology but unless she's part trill i don't see it... I... i think i can see what's going on here... but it's just a theory...
  • Options
    (I mean again magic. Even Zach turned trill for a little bit. Its not the most outlandish thing that magic could have done considering everthing that's happened. Jessica is still human but used to be a trill before she got changed.)

Henha: That doesn't sound healthy.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    (In parts of the lore on the Raneson family I created long before I joined this RP, trills are part of the family on her father's side, so yeah.. She just never stated she was part Trill, because well.. Just ask her and she may explain)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    (Plausible then. However in character Krystal will be skeptical for some time.)

Krystal: Perhaps. And I do agree on the genetics part. But for now... lets just see what happens. If she somehow is part Trill and we are related... *shrug* Well... I already have two "sisters". Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. But without hard evidence... I'm gonna be skeptical.
    Tala: Well... she's also been at least backhanded by a legit Demon Lord while in full MACO armor, age regressed via Transporter to 10 years old or so... went toe to toe with an Iconian...

Yea... may not be healthy, but... she's still alive. And flipping the universe the bird whenever she pulls out of impossible situations.
  • Options
    Nick: May i take a blood sample? I'll get to the bottom of this...
  • Options
    (and that totally cannot be confused with Cipher who also is called Demon Lord. Concidence? I THINK NOT.)

Raneson: And impulse power is back online. We can move under our own power again.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    (Actually... she fought Diablo himself. Just ask Shadow.)

Krystal: We'll worry about it later. RIght now you should probably get back to your ship and check on your crew. I'll keep working on the Lexington and... hope we managed to kill the snake and we can get back out to K-13.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (i wouldn't really call diablo a demon lord...in his prime evil incarnation, he's way beyond that classification)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Henha: I feel like that ability tends to be very important for a captain. Weirdest thing I had to deal with recently was a ferengi who wanted to bottle up some pink nebula and sell it as a perfume due to its aphrodisiac effects. *visibly shudders* I thought it was a joke until I used it and well that ferengi isn't going anywhere near that thing anytime soon.
  • Options
    (Gonna crash for the night)

Tala: Why does that sound familiar?
  • Options
    Nick: I can do it in my spare time. a sample now will save trouble down the road.... do you doubt my ability as a doctor? I mean one of your symbiont's hosts was around me when i was a doctor... or did you get around to repressing that *He chuckles*