test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Well... I'd suggest my ready room, but the door's kinda... closed. And I'd appreciate any help I can get. Not exactly used to this kind of shutdown. Normally Federation Starships are EM shielded so... I have no idea how they managed to overwhelm us like that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    Raneson: That was a 250 megaton nuclear detonation, Krys. Not your usual normal nuke... Let's get power back up, then we'll talk.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (eh, get used to it...the lexington will frequently find itself being disabled when we get to prehistoric earth and start dealing with vok technology...which reminds me, did you ever start watching beast wars from that site i linked a month or so back? because you're REALLY going to need to re-familiarize yourself with that show, unless you feel like paying 27 bucks for the entire series off amazon)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Should probably find some way to prevent this from happening again. I'd rather not get caught like this in the middle of a battle again.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Henha: Probably a good idea.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    (Oh great job Shadow, now the Beast Wars theme is playing in my head)
    Raneson: Mhm... *Gets power to internal sensors and life support and looks at the damage readings* Oh no...
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,184 Arc User
    Nick: While this is taking forever..... kinda tempted to just... force open the doors and climb the inside of the turbolift to the bridge....
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Krystal: What?

(If you just totaled my ship I'm not gonna be happy. And Shadow... if my ship is gonna be disabled for that entire thing... I'm not gonna be able to do much of anything.)
  • Options
    (well, i gotta figure out SOME way for us to be present, have ships, yet not be able to majorly tip the balance of power in favor of the maximals...like being able to retrieve the axalon's stasis pods for them)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Raneson: Two decks; Deck 6 and 8 are heavily irradiated and and Deck 10 has been exposed to space, and the "neck" of the ship is busted in a couple of places, and the ship is short 150 crew, and the circuits to the warp engines are fused. It's not too bad, as we can simply get new circuits, but deck 10 and the "neck" are going to have to be fixed up by a tender. If this ship had been 5 KM from the blast, the whole midsection would've snapped. It could've been worse. But she's okay for the most part.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Krystal: *deadpan look* Great... now I need ANOTHER ship. At least... its not as bad as what happened at Vaadwaur Prime. *sigh*

(Sovereign class, up to Vizier specs, so... not much of a neck to speak of.)
  • Options
    Henha: Maybe some extra repair teams then.
  • Options
    Henha: If you need it admiral you can use my ship for the duration of the mission while yours is repaired.
  • Options
    Krystal: Lots. And this went through our shields? *groans and pinches the bridge of her nose* Vaadwaur, Iconians, Reapers... and all it takes is a frakkin' nuke to shut us down... *kicks her chair in frustration*
  • Options
    Raneson: Well you're in luck, another Deutschland-class has recently been completed and just needs a name. I can give you that ship, if you want it. *Restores primary power to the Bridge and internal comms* There we go, this is as much as I can do from this place. Ready Room also has power again, so want to talk now in there?
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    (So wait... that much damage from 15km? how big was the nuke again?)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Krystal: *goes into her ready room*
  • Options
    (250 megatons...a little under 5x the yield of the tsar bomb)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (250 megaton nuke, if it was 5 KM, the Lexington's midsection would've actually snapped)
    Raneson: *Goes in as well*
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    (at 15 km, Lexington would have at best gotten a lightshow honestly.)

Krystal: *crosses her arms across her chest, giving the admiral a neutral look* You wanted to talk?
  • Options
    Henha: *talking to Tala* So does this happen often to the Lexington?
  • Options
    Tala: You'd be surprised. We usually get the more... interesting assignments. I swear we should have an ancient Chinese curse on our dedication plaque.
  • Options
    Raneson: Uhm, do you know of the origins of your family name? Mine hailed from Germany, Prussia to be exact.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Henha: I mean I've literally been to Klingon hell for a bit, that was interesting. But I meant more destructive wise. Because Krystal made it sound like this isn't the first time the ship has been damaged like this.
  • Options
    (The Tsar bomba had a yield of 50 megatons with a possibility of 100 megatons if it were to have included a U-238 tamper. the fireball radius would be 3.03 km/1.88 mi and the radiation radius would be 7.49 km/4.65 mi. for a 250 megatons the fireball radius would be 4.37 km/2.72 mi and a Radiation radius of 8.91 km/5.54 mi. and that's atmospheric detonation. in space the fireball would be lower and the radiation would be higher radius. airblast is what you have to worry about but in space. not much air to blast)
  • Options
    Krystal: Not particularly. If I was human... probably North America at the very least. What's that have to do with anything? Especially since this fiasco was apparently an ambush with me as the target.
    Tala: Some debris punched through the whole saucer section at Vaadwaur Prime. And we also fought something that used weaponized liquid metal. We've had our share of close calls.
  • Options
    (consider how far away the effects of the tsar bomb were felt - 3rd degree burns as far away as 80 kilometers - and that was just 50 Mt...i have no trouble believing 250 could cause that kind of damage at just 15, even in space where the blast can't be focused)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (in atmosphere, traveling through o2. this is space. no o2 to heat in space... there would be some shaking possibly. but i can't imagine that kinda damage happening just from heat)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Henha: Sounds like you've fought some very intense battles then. I typically rely on my ships maneuverability to avoid getting hit like that but future shield tech certainly helps. Have you ever used your saucer in a battle?

(According to a star trek official encyclopedia I got as a gift ALL federation vessels have some version of saucer seperation, even the defiant could launch its nose pod, though until the Galaxy classes were made the saucers weren't designed to be reattached easily. So the Constitution could separate its saucer but would need a while to reattach. I'd assume that the sovereign class wouldn't just throw out advances like easy separation and reattachment as the oddysey class also boasted it.)
  • Options
    (well, the AGWNB had a way of making even high-megaton range nukes have a big shockwave that usually disables or destroys ships outright, the Fleet got lucky and Lexington simply got shutdown with some damage)
    Raneson: I did some research on the Jade line, it's immediate descendence is from North America, true, but I uncovered a link between our two lines with one of the families in Bavaria, Germany. Another line also hails from England, essentially both our lines are originating of old English and German descent from those two preceding families.. And I've found out what our ultimate relation is; we're both very, very, very distant cousins, and.. The Demon Lord, Cipher, he's also related to us, his name is Alexander Costner, another distant cousin. I think AGWNB found out about your genetic connections to Cipher and thought you were going to become another Demon Lord to them, and this trap, I think they wanted to kill you to prevent that. If I had known sooner, I would have told you all those years ago...
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png