test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Reynolds: *Taps commbadge* Sickbay to Captain Jade!
    *Sighs and taps badge*
    Jade. Go.
    Captain... you'd better get down here.
    Kayla... I just got back, had a lovely five minutes in the brig thanks to a hardass Vulcan, had an interecting conversation with...
    Its Kuntel sir. I... I think something might be trying to pull him out of this universe entirely!
    *WTF look*
    Say wha?

It's nothing, cher! I'm fine!

Aleks: It certainly doesn't sound good...

I said I'm fine whoev-

*Disappears from Sickbay.*
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,467 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    *Runs full tilt to sickbay*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited August 2014
    *Runs full tilt to sickbay*

*She finds the biobed he had been empty... it's still warm.*

(This is the part you can't see, but will put in for my entertainment.)

*Wakes up in a four poster bed.*

Uhhhhh... where am I?

Male: By the Lord Almighty! We found him!

Female: We found the missing Prince! We can clear our names, Otto!

Male, Otto?: I know, Ismerelda! This is so exciting!

Me: Who the hell are you people?

*A dark haired man turns toward him, a grin on his face. Behind him is some kind of machine, a weird looking one. A blond woman turns as well, after being tapped by the dark haired man.*

Dark Haired Man: I am Lord Otto von Franke, and this is my wife, Lady Ismerelda von Franke. We are Engineering Barons, of the Dual Monarchy. We created this machine *Gestures at weird machine.* several years ago, and you, Your Grace, were brought to witness it's first activation... you were sadly wisked away by the ensuing chaos. We have spent every waking moment to find you again, our Crown Prince Kuntel von Habsburg.

Me: What?!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,467 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    *Taps commbadge*
    Jade to Bridge. Run a full sensor scan of the entie system and report anything unusual. And get a Tractor Beam on the Omega container. Don't want that thing drifting away.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited August 2014
    *Taps commbadge*
    Jade to Bridge. Run a full sensor scan of the entie system and report anything unusual. And get a Tractor Beam on the Omega container. Don't want that thing drifting away.

*The tractor beam locks on. The scan only finds any residue of dimensional tear in the area of Kuntel's bed in Sickbay.*

Me: Did you just call me.... Crown Prince Kuntel von Habsburg?

Otto: Yes, Your Grace. That is who you are.

Me: Okaaayyyy.... whats the Dual Monarchy?

Otto: It is also known as the Galactic Austro-Hungarian Empire. And you are it's last living royal Prince.

Ismerelda: And we are part of the Engineering Lords, a group of nobility that's job is to enhance the living standards and the armies.

Me: Okaaayyyyy.... where am I?
    edited August 2014
    *Starts getting a little agitated as she goes over the data in Sickbay*
    First worffan's boss' little empire practically gets frozen in time after dealing with crazy rebels, Shadow goes off to Sanctuary alone and we lose contact with him... and I finally lower my shields... and this happens.
    *Notices the similarity between the energy signature and the rift*
    Wait... maybe we can...
    edited August 2014
    *Starts getting a little agitated as she goes over the data in Sickbay*
    First worffan's boss' little empire practically gets frozen in time after dealing with crazy rebels, Shadow goes off to Sanctuary alone and we lose contact with him... and I finally lower my shields... and this happens.
    *Notices the similarity between the energy signature and the rift*
    Wait... maybe we can...

*With the energy still gathered, it would be possible to send one person through. But the Omega energy is interfering, and the Rift energy quickly fading...*
    edited August 2014
    Jade to Bridge. Load the Gravemetric Torpedo and destroy the Omega Container with it.
    *Starts trying to do anything with the Rift Energy using a tricorder*
    edited August 2014
    Jade to Bridge. Load the Gravemetric Torpedo and destroy the Omega Container with it.
    *Starts trying to do anything with the Rift Energy using a tricorder*

*The tricorder can't do anything to it, but it hypothesizes that if you fired a phaser at the epicenter, it would activate the rift for one second. Long enough and large enough for only one person to jump through, and it would take cat like instincts...*

Aleks: Well, I guess I'll leave you to it. The best of luck, Captain. Be seeing you...

*He leaves as the Omega explodes.*
    edited August 2014
    *Pulls out a phaser, gets into position, fires while jumping*
    edited August 2014
    *Pulls out a phaser, gets into position, fires while jumping*

*The Rift opens and engulfs her.*

Me: So you're telling me I'm in my personal quarters, in the Royal Palace in Vienna, in the Austro-Hungarian Emp-

Otto: Galactic Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Me: Ire, because I'm the Empire's Crown Prince. Who was lost during a mad experiment-

Ismerelda: I take offense to that!

Me: that opened a tear in the fabric of reality, and deposited me in another universe... sounds sooooooo likely....

Otto: It's true! We can sho-

*Jade is deposited on top of Kuntel.*
    edited August 2014
    Ow...
    *Strange female wearing an unknown uniform with... are those spots?*
    (Couldn't resist describing Jade. ^^)
    edited August 2014
    Ow...
    *Strange female wearing an unknown uniform with... are those spots?*
    (Couldn't resist describing Jade. ^^)

*Groans.*

Yes, it's even worse from the other end...

*Otto pulls out a gun, a revolver looking thing with lights that show that it might be an energy weapon.*

Otto: Who are you!?
    edited August 2014
    *Responds by pointing her Phaser at him*
    Captain Krystal Jade, USS Lexington. You?
    edited August 2014
    *Responds by pointing her Phaser at him*
    Captain Krystal Jade, USS Lexington. You?

*He levels his weapon at her.*

Otto: Lord Otto von Franke, of the Galactic Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Ismerelda: Otto, she said USS Lexington! I think she's with the United Syndicates!

*Otto's eyes widen and his finger clasps on the trigger.*

Otto: Are you with the United Syndicates of the Universe?

Me: She isn't! This is my girlfriend!

*Otto and Ismerelda blink.*

Otto and Ismerelda: What?
    edited August 2014
    United Federation of Planets.
    *Aim doesn't waver*
    edited August 2014
    United Federation of Planets.
    *Aim doesn't waver*

*Otto aims his gun at her.*

Otto: What the hell is that?

Ismerelda: Just shoot her Otto!

Otto: Maybe I sh-

*Gets angry and speaks in a language he's never spoken in before.*

Me: Legen Sie die Waffe weg verdammt Otto! Bevor sie ihr schie
    edited August 2014
    Ok... the fact that the UT didn't work on whatever the hell you just said is kinda... strange...
    *Lowers phaser but does not holster it yet*
    edited August 2014
    Ok... the fact that the UT didn't work on whatever the hell you just said is kinda... strange...
    *Lowers phaser but does not holster it yet*

You know... you are kinda straddling me right now...

*Gestures at their position.*
    edited August 2014
    Oh... sorry.
    *Gets off Kuntel and offers him a hand*
    edited August 2014
    Oh... sorry.
    *Gets off Kuntel and offers him a hand*

I didn't say to stop...

*Takes her hand and stands, shakily.*

Otto: How dare you touch the Prin-

Me: Halt die Klappe, Otto...

Otto: But...

Me: Otto.

*Otto shuts up.*
    edited August 2014
    Friends of yours?
    *Hikes a thumb at the pair*
    edited August 2014
    Friends of yours?
    *Hikes a thumb at the pair*

Friends, captors... they tell me they're my servants.

Otto: You are the Crown Prince!

Me: Wo ist dann der Kaiser?(Then where is the Kaiser?)

Ismerelda: Warten auf Sie!(Waiting for you!)

Me: Us, now.

Otto: You seriously can't be thinking about bringing that... that... that peasant woman!

*Strides over in a flash, and Otto's neck is in his hands.*

Me: Sie nennen sie es wagen ... das wieder ... Ich pers
    edited August 2014
    Pesent? I'm a Starfleet Captain!
    edited August 2014
    Pesent? I'm a Starfleet Captain!

*Let's go of Otto, who slumps on the floor. Turns and looks at her sympathetically.*

Cher, I know that, you know that, they don't This is a separate universe entirely. I don't even think they've met the federation yet...

Ismerelda: Federation?

*Otto groans.*
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    Me: Wo ist dann der Kaiser?(Then where is the Kaiser?)
    (just for the record, kaiser is german for emperor, so the translation should be emperor as well

and before anyone asks, i've still been here the entire time, waiting for a proper opening...which no one is giving me)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited August 2014
    (just for the record, kaiser is german for emperor, so the translation should be emperor as well

and before anyone asks, i've still been here the entire time, waiting for a proper opening...which no one is giving me)

(I know. I don't think we'll have any giant space battles soon... so it's work with what you got...*
    edited August 2014
    *Sighs, and turns towards Kuntel, revealing her Trill spots on her neck*
    edited August 2014
    *Sighs, and turns towards Kuntel, revealing her Trill spots on her neck*

*Otto looks at Ismerelda.*

Otto: She's a Host....

Ismerelda: That's even worse...

Me: What? What's wrong with Trill?

*Looks angry and puts arm around Jade.*

Otto: .... And he loves her.

Ismerelda: God save us...
    edited August 2014
    Am I... missing something?