Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It just seems like you've been hovering around me a lot lately. And...
    *Shakes head*

Yes?

*Takes another sip.*
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,159 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I just get this feeling like you're skirting around something. I don't know.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *the Superior Force's comm continues chiming, indicating an incoming hail that isn't being answered*

Somebody answer that!!!

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I just get this feeling like you're skirting around something. I don't know.

Hmm... maybe.

*Looks at her happily.*

Maybe we shoud just relax and enjoy the leave?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,159 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    *Looks skeptical but decides to drop the issue*
    Well... whatever it is... I'm sure you'll say something when you're ready.
    *Starts poking the console randomly to pass the time*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *Looks skeptical but decides to drop the issue*
    Well... whatever it is... I'm sure you'll say something when you're ready.
    *Starts poking the console randomly to pass the time*

*Sips wine. Then stands.*

Does the replicator have any books or things?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *apparates in behind worffan*

is your comm system damaged? i've been hailing you for the past few minutes and haven't gotten a reply
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *Opens a compartment full of Isolinear Optical Chips*
    I got copies of everything I got stashed aboard this thing. I'm still reading through Battleship.
    *Pulls out a blue chip for emphesis*
    Although I kinda prefer physical copies. Something about being able to turn the page and feeling the book in your hands I guess.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *Opens a compartment full of Isolinear Optical Chips*
    I got copies of everything I got stashed aboard this thing. I'm still reading through Battleship.
    *Pulls out a blue chip for emphesis*
    Although I kinda prefer physical copies. Something about being able to turn the page and feeling the book in your hands I guess.

Yeah, I completely agree. Though I'll use a PADD or something when I need to.

*Walks over and looks at compartment, rather close to her.*

What do you have in here? If you can name some interesting ones.

*Smiles.*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *apparates in behind worffan*

is your comm system damaged? i've been hailing you for the past few minutes and haven't gotten a reply

Oh, hey, Shadowfang, wassup?

Ready to hit the surface and deal with that shard, then take a vacation? Maybe a keg party at wherever Jade and Kuntel are going?

I can't deal with the shard with you, I have a budget meeting. But after that my schedule's clear.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well...
    *Feels a little awkward at how close Kuntel is*
    Lets see...
    *Lists off some well known books like Lord of the Rings and Dragonriders of Pern, as well as some others like Wing Commander and BattleTech*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Oh, hey, Shadowfang, wassup?

Ready to hit the surface and deal with that shard, then take a vacation? Maybe a keg party at wherever Jade and Kuntel are going?

I can't deal with the shard with you, I have a budget meeting. But after that my schedule's clear.

Hail Ba'al!
    never mind the shard right now...that message you got - you think it's genuine?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    never mind the shard right now...that message you got - you think it's genuine?

I...think so. Ba'al is having his deepest memories probed to check as we speak.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well...
    *Feels a little awkward at how close Kuntel is*
    Lets see...
    *Lists off some well known books like Lord of the Rings and Dragonriders of Pern, as well as some others like Wing Commander and BattleTech*

I've heard Dragonflight is good. Which one is that?

*Leans in to look at the compartment, while taking a little step back, sensing her discomfort.*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *Pulls out a green chip and looks at it*
    Here you go, this actually has all three from that set.
    *Offers the chip*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I...think so. Ba'al is having his deepest memories probed to check as we speak.

Hail Ba'al!
    yeah, that's what i thought...only ba'al could possibly come up with such a convoluted way of dealing with a rebellion

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited July 2014
    *Pulls out a green chip and looks at it*
    Here you go, this actually has all three from that set.
    *Offers the chip*

*Takes it and smiles.*

Thank you.

*Grabs a PADD and sits down again. Inserts chip and starts reading.*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *Has a slight smile on her face as she puts the blue chip into a PADD and finds where she left off on Battleship*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yeah, that's what i thought...only ba'al could possibly come up with such a convoluted way of dealing with a rebellion

He IS a Goa'uld, that's for sure...Even if he is a reasonably intelligent and non-hammy one.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *Has a slight smile on her face as she puts the blue chip into a PADD and finds where she left off on Battleship*

*Notices it out of the corner of his eye and smiles himself.*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *The Tornado rocks a bit from an unexpected gravitational distortion*
    *Puts her PADD down to check the sensors*
    We're good. Looks like we caught the tail end of something... that threw us closer to Endor..."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *The Tornado rocks a bit from an unexpected gravitational distortion*
    *Puts her PADD down to check the sensors*
    We're good. Looks like we caught the tail end of something... that threw us closer to Endor..."

Well, okay. Have any idea what it was?

*Looks at console, trying to bring up sensors.*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    He IS a Goa'uld, that's for sure...Even if he is a reasonably intelligent and non-hammy one.

Hail Ba'al!
    yeah, whatever...i'm heading down to the planet now

assuming nothing goes wrong and the infernal gate is still there, i should be back within the week

if it isn't and i have to travel to arreat crater to penetrate the barrier between sanctuary and the burning TRIBBLE, i should still be back within the week - thank you, transporter technology

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Not really. Sensors can't identify the anomaly. But... it did shave some time off the trip.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not really. Sensors can't identify the anomaly. But... it did shave some time off the trip.

Oh, good. How time do we have left now?

*Shuts off console.*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    About... wow...
    *Double checks readings before dropping out of Warp*
    Fifteen minutes counting landing?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    About... wow...
    *Double checks readings before dropping out of Warp*
    Fifteen minutes counting landing?

Really?

*Looks at with an unbelieving smile.*

Doesn't that go against all known physics or something?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Makes about as much sense as a Bajoran Solar Sailer, that is only capable of sublight speed, making it all the way to Cardassian space. But the fact we were catapulted so far so fast... yea... it is interesting. Maybe we caught the edge of a subspace rift or something that interacted with our Warp Field and shot us like a bullet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Makes about as much sense as a Bajoran Solar Sailer, that is only capable of sublight speed, making it all the way to Cardassian space. But the fact we were catapulted so far so fast... yea... it is interesting. Maybe we caught the edge of a subspace rift or something that interacted with our Warp Field and shot us like a bullet.

Maybe we'll check it out on the way back.

*Looks ar her and smiles.*

Anyway, here we are. You ready?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yea... Man I really need this...
    *Stretches in her seat*