Install Arc
Options

kdf is a joke

Comments

• Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Even if the Klingons are all evil and ect im sure both the Federation would sooner deal with them than the Undine or Borg as a neighbour.

Probably becuase they occasionally get a leader who isn't either barely competent or just plane nuts.
    Especially when it turns out said evil Klingons were at one point in the Dominion war the only hope of the Alpha quadrant thanks to the Breen energy dampening weapon as well as vital to the war effort.

Shame Gowron had to show up and TRIBBLE it up becuase of his inferiority complex.
    Now in 2410 they are also a vital component of pretty much every happening in the Alpha, Beta and Delta quadrants from task force omega

Which was usually done begrudgingly.
    to exposing the Undine and making the Federation of all people see sense.

That was Tuvok.
  • Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    And yet, he restrained himself from using them.

Or he couldn't afford it on a 1960s TV budget. If you're assuming Roddenberry liked to restrain high-concept stuff, I would like to point out the episode where the Enterprise defeats a literal god.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Probably becuase they occasionally get a leader who isn't either
    barely competent or just plane nuts.

The previous leader, Martok was neither incompetent or crazy and nor is J'empok. In case you forgot the Empire is stronger now than it has been for a very long time hardly the doing of bad leaders.
    Shame Gowron had to show up and TRIBBLE it up becuase of his inferiority complex.

Gowron was dead by the time the Breen were involved in the war, Martok was the chancellor by then.
    Which was usually done begrudgingly.

What? The Empire is involved for their own benefit as much as Starfleet is, neither of them wants the Borg roaming around unchecked so close to their space. Or any of the other races rallied against the alpha quadrant for that matter.
    That was Tuvok.

Well it was more the Undine TRIBBLE up the Dyson spheres that made them wake up. As S'tass points out the Federation choose to ignore the problem until it was an inconvenience to them. They should of listened years ago when their allies first presented them the evidence.

See above.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The previous leader, Martok was neither incompetent or crazy and nor is J'empok. In case you forgot the Empire is stronger now than it has been for a very long time hardly the doing of bad leaders.

Gowron was dead by the time the Breen were involved in the war, Martok was the chancellor by then.

What? The Empire is involved for their own benefit as much as Starfleet is, neither of them wants the Borg roaming around unchecked so close to their space. Or any of the other races rallied against the alpha quadrant for that matter.

Well it was more the Undine TRIBBLE up the Dyson spheres that made them wake up. As S'tass points out the Federation choose to ignore the problem until it was an inconvenience to them. They should of listened years ago when their allies first presented them the evidence.

See above.

The last point. Trying to make that point to Hart, is an exercise in futility.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    See if you can figure out the reasons why dinosaurs with lasers are entire orders of magnitude less dumb than those episodes are.

I just want to point out how ridiculous the later post is when put up against the former.

I wish people who drag politics (right or left) into everything would do the honorable thing and commit hegh'bat. The world would be a better place.

I am not going to waste time responding to this person other than to say.

Some people preach for more acceptance of others , until somebody disagrees with them. then all they want to do is bash them and or in this case try to push suicide which I believe is now considered harassment. and people have even recently been prosecuted by states when they told people to commit suicide, or told them they should do such a horrible thing.

just very very bad behavior. but what can you expect it was not a Klingon writing.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    may I point out that the OP of this thread hasn't posted since Page 5?

heck of a thread that got started, talk about the champagne bursting out of the bottle (if that even makes sense xD)
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ooiue wrote: »
    may I point out that the OP of this thread hasn't posted since Page 5?

heck of a thread that got started, talk about the champagne bursting out of the bottle (if that even makes sense xD)

Bloodwine all around!
    icsairguns wrote: »
    but what can you expect it was not a Klingon writing.

I'm logged into my Klingon right now, creating a song of blood and death with my Shard Sword of Khaless, you smooth-headed p'taQ.

Some people complain about how political correctness is destroying society . . . until someone says something that offends them, and then it turns into the usual race to make yourself out as the victim and try to censor the other person. If you want a forum full of people who agree with your silly black-and-white worldview, there are numerous echo chambers out there for you to preach into, where you don't have to cry because someone else is bothering to think for themselves.

EDIT: And no, for the record, I won't post about this again. Ever.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    I have read about that before and do not remember anything about dinos with lasers on their heads it was a person devolving and they ended up doing that a couple other times in the spin offs if not mistaken. still don't remember seeing dinos with lasers on their heads.

and wasn't the dragon in a episode on that fantasy planet?
    One was.

Then there's Kukulcan.. who was some sort of space demi-god who visited Earth in ancient times. He just happened to look like a dragon.

And the ep with the Phylosians had some sort of flying creatures that had "dragon" in their name, but weren't much bigger than people. (or maybe that was the Spock-2 ep)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    KDF is no joke, I enjoy being playing the KDF side. People want to create what they want and play. So it don't really matter. Last few times I been on the homeworld. I saw a lot of Gorn.

Every game is like this on woman characters running around in skimpy stuff. The last game I used to play. They would run in their underwear only. If it bothers you, just ignore it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    One was.

Then there's Kukulcan.. who was some sort of space demi-god who visited Earth in ancient times. He just happened to look like a dragon.

And the ep with the Phylosians had some sort of flying creatures that had "dragon" in their name, but weren't much bigger than people. (or maybe that was the Spock-2 ep)

It also had Lucien! Clearly the best of the Proto-Qs.

Spock drawing a petagram and casting spells is the best thing.
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread is insane.
    However, I do think the number of unusually pink skinned orions is a little excessive. I don't understand the need myself as much as people say 'I want my toon as I want my toon, leave me be'.
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited June 2014
    Back in the day, I made a Betazoid Starfleet Science captain, thinking, "Oh, lower Threat means more Healing during Ground missions. DONE."

And then, hitting the required level for KDF characters, it was the same thing for an Orion Science captain. "This species has lower Threat, so I can Heal more, and Ground is important!"

Of course, upon hitting 50, I realized that Ground was pointless once you did STFs because Space was the only thing, and I totally gimped myself... but it was already too late at the time because I didn't want to redo my characters again.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread is insane.
    However, I do think the number of unusually pink skinned orions is a little excessive. I don't understand the need myself as much as people say 'I want my toon as I want my toon, leave me be'.
    They aren't even pink, it's just the particularly red lighting in Klingon areas that makes them look that way.

Once you see them in normal lighting, they actually just look like seminaked women in advanced stages of liver failure. Orions should embrace their inner greenness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This thread is insane.
    I made mine as close to blue as I could. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I made mine as close to blue as I could. :P

"When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do
    Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue"

;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    "When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do
    Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue"

;)
    Well, it's because of how they looked in TAS. While they're emerald green in most other appearances, in TAS they were one of two colors, chartreuse (Devna), or light blue(the pirates).
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Even if the Klingons are all evil and ect im sure both the Federation would sooner deal with them than the Undine or Borg as a neighbour.

Especially when it turns out said evil Klingons were at one point in the Dominion war the only hope of the Alpha quadrant thanks to the Breen energy dampening weapon as well as vital to the war effort.

Now in 2410 they are also a vital component of pretty much every happening in the Alpha, Beta and Delta quadrants from task force omega to exposing the Undine and making the Federation of all people see sense.

I wouldn't characterize the Klingon Empire as evil. Just openly ham fisted and stubborn in their domestic politics.

I agree 100% that the Klingon Empire has been a major (and key) factor in dealing with threats in local galactic space.

However, that would work as long as they don't get overconfident. The Empire, like the Federation, has it's achilles heel that can be exploited by hostile entities. There are ways that it can be rendered ineffectual, just as the Undine hampered any Starfleet effort against them with infiltrators.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The previous leader, Martok was neither incompetent or crazy

Which was what I was referring to with sometimes.
    and nor is J'empok. In case you forgot the Empire is stronger now than it has been for a very long time hardly the doing of bad leaders.

So a guy who lets women who can mentally influence all males into the places of Klingon power, generally makes **** moves at diplomatic conferences, listens to a nut job (aka B'vat), and doesn't think that continuing a war with the federation might be both idiotic and suicidal in the face of a freaking Borg invasion. So not exactly a shining beacon of confidence.

The Breen entered the war in "The Changing Face of Evil", Gowron showed up and started TRIBBLE things up in "When It Rains..." the very NEXT EPISODE, and was killed by Worf in "Tacking Into the Wind" the next episode after that.

So no Martok wasn't chancellor by then as Gowron wasn't killed until two episodes AFTER the Breen entered the war.
    What? The Empire is involved for their own benefit as much as Starfleet is, neither of them wants the Borg roaming around unchecked so close to their space.

So why exactly were the Klingons insisting on keeping the war going while the Borg were invading?
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pink = cotton candy flavored
    Blue = blue rasberry flavored
    Green = lime flavored
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Which was what I was referring to with sometimes.

So a guy who lets women who can mentally influence all males into the places of Klingon power, generally makes **** moves at diplomatic conferences, listens to a nut job (aka B'vat), and doesn't think that continuing a war with the federation might be both idiotic and suicidal in the face of a freaking Borg invasion. So not exactly a shining beacon of confidence.

The Breen entered the war in "The Changing Face of Evil", Gowron showed up and started TRIBBLE things up in "When It Rains..." the very NEXT EPISODE, and was killed by Worf in "Tacking Into the Wind" the next episode after that.

So no Martok wasn't chancellor by then as Gowron wasn't killed until two episodes AFTER the Breen entered the war.

So why exactly were the Klingons insisting on keeping the war going while the Borg were invading?

Ah my bad on the episodes then, I got it the wrong way round.

On the Borg thing both parties in the war came to a truce of sorts in regards to the borg, both species hold the line together against them as neither wants the borg invading their space. Plus for all we know the undine pulling the strings of Starfleet could of just made sure the war continued.
  • Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is a game.

The point of every game is to enjoy oneself, to be happy.

So if some players like to run around in skimpy clothing, let them. Look at the Gorn.

Is it really that big of a problem?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Plus for all we know the undine pulling the strings of Starfleet could of just made sure the war continued.

Actually one of the dev blogs from the Dominion featured episodes made it sound like J'mpok was the main reason the war was still going on.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually one of the dev blogs from the Dominion featured episodes made it sound like J'mpok was the main reason the war was still going on.

Also that nutjob B'Vat who wanted to plunge the Feds and Klinks into a neverending war (ostensibly to keep the Klingons from turning on each other without an enemy). You'll notice the war kinda grinds to a halt after the Fed PC kills him.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You'd be suprised how many actual women do the same.
    Though generally the maxed out boob slider is a dead giveaway for guys. :P

Yes, I do have an Orion toon, but moving back the B slider gives a more alluring set as the n..ples
    visibly noted behind the fabric. That's all it takes for a Fed dirty minded scum..a few seconds..for me to run my tegolar through his cranium.

Unfortunately, Klingons have no interest on females with smooth foreheads. It's always the Fed human males and some females who fall for all forms of sexual seductions...an obvious fatal mental weakness.

:D
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Also that nutjob B'Vat who wanted to plunge the Feds and Klinks into a neverending war (ostensibly to keep the Klingons from turning on each other without an enemy). You'll notice the war kinda grinds to a halt after the Fed PC kills him.

Too bad that if you start with a KDF char in STO from the get-go, you wouldn't even know that a person with such name exists, let alone understand who he is.

The thing here is the sloppy writing that's all over the place and that Cryptic has the attention span of a goldfish. The PC killing B'Vat doesn't grind the war to a halt, it's just what Cryptic does with every story arc in this game - they pick it up, let it fall flat on it's face without any substantial conclusion and then forget about it, jumping to the next thing that grabs their attention.
    For example, on the KDF side the war grinds to a halt right after you stage a bold attack on Utopia Planetia - you strike the heart of the Federation and then nothing happens, that's it. The end.

For a story that had the game revolving around it for 4 years, Cryptic sure did a TRIBBLE poor job in presenting the war and doing a substantial and logical storyline that would accompany it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Too bad that if you start with a KDF char in STO from the get-go, you wouldn't even know that a person with such name exists, let alone understand who he is.

The thing here is the sloppy writing that's all over the place and that Cryptic has the attention span of a goldfish. The PC killing B'Vat doesn't grind the war to a halt, it's just what Cryptic does with every story arc in this game - they pick it up, let it fall flat on it's face without any substantial conclusion and then forget about it, jumping to the next thing that grabs their attention.
    For example, on the KDF side the war grinds to a halt right after you stage a bold attack on Utopia Planetia - you strike the heart of the Federation and then nothing happens, that's it. The end.

For a story that had the game revolving around it for 4 years, Cryptic sure did a TRIBBLE poor job in presenting the war and doing a substantial and logical storyline that would accompany it.

Right on. Big thing made about the war in the beginning, then you as a fed PC fight the war for oh say 8 episodes if that? Then you're off to deal with the romulans, then it's out to cardassia, then the borg again, then the breen.

Then it's "oh hey now we have to work together to deal with this sphere, then another sphere, oh hey you know that war you were supposedly fighting, well we're now going to bring that back up and supposedly end it."

Except for some PvP and a few early STFs, you almost never fight this supposed big huge war. More like a police action if you ask me.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Unfortunately every word you typed is true. All too true.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, it's because of how they looked in TAS. While they're emerald green in most other appearances, in TAS they were one of two colors, chartreuse (Devna), or light blue(the pirates).

HMM that's actually a nice idea.
    Personally I always took colouring in TAS witha truckload of salt since the guy in charge of colours in many episodes was actually colour-blind. Hence the abundance of pink and purple in TAS.;)
    Like this:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ouqNOADm-As/URM96WJ4ttI/AAAAAAAABw4/CsRxT61uw3U/s1600/Klingons+In+Pink.jpeg

But it's not the first time something that what is actually an error becomes inspiration for something new and interesting.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    HMM that's actually a nice idea.
    Personally I always took colouring in TAS witha truckload of salt since the guy in charge of colours in many episodes was actually colour-blind. Hence the abundance of pink and purple in TAS.;)
    Like this:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ouqNOADm-As/URM96WJ4ttI/AAAAAAAABw4/CsRxT61uw3U/s1600/Klingons+In+Pink.jpeg

But it's not the first time something that what is actually an error becomes inspiration for something new and interesting.
    Oh I know about Hal Sutherland, but the FIRST appearance of Orions had a hint that they weren't all green.

Oh and pink and purple can be very scary when used properly. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Too bad that if you start with a KDF char in STO from the get-go, you wouldn't even know that a person with such name exists,

He's in night of the comet.
This discussion has been closed.