test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

kdf is a joke

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You are correct on everything but the genocide part. Nowhere in the game has the Federation engaged in the systematic extermination of a group, or groups, of people.

Killing in combat, over the course of armed conflict and police actions, isn't genocide. Regardless of the body count.

Well maybe not literally and maybe it was too strong of a word to use, but I was refering to the exploration clusters where very often you get somekind of mission where you search for something (decalithium, satelite pieces, artifacts, etc.) and you have Klingons or Orions on that planet. Then your FO says sth. like "Given the history of Klingons/Orions, it's safe to say that we should eliminate them first anyway." Without asking questions, without investigating why they're there, just kill them cause' they're Orions.

Meh, I blame it on the terribad writing and not paying the slightest attention to details. FFS the KDF even has an entire exploration cluster where you encounter the Terran Empire, as if it is a part of this universe. Bleh.
    tremere12 wrote: »
    They even mixed pvp with kdf and fed together, what a joke.

This I'll agree with you, that one is a terrible joke. They killed the spark with that and with the latest nerf it might as well be completely dead. Bleh. Just one in the nice line of boneheaded decisions they made since S8 onwards. They're on a roll.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited June 2014
    Well, I know what other MMO I won't be buying anytime soon.

And by that, I mean GW2.

:rolleyes:
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's a basic clich
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got 3 to 1 odds this thread gets closed before the tenth page. Minimum bet is 1 bar of gold-pressed latinum. :D
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wait, so did he say that bikinis are dishonorable? :confused:

This is an odd thread.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I got 3 to 1 odds this thread gets closed before the tenth page. Minimum bet is 1 bar of gold-pressed latinum. :D

I'm just here to enjoy the fire :cool:

And the tears.

This is an odd thread.

If he sticks around some, he's really not going to like the Summer Event.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited June 2014

This is an odd thread.

Males wearing banana hammocks are dishonorable.

Unless it's Worf. Then, all costume rules are off.

Because it's Worf.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
    edited June 2014
    KDF is a joke. But not really for the reason you state. Agreed its lame to have all these half naked people running around, and it seems if the nakeds had their way, it would be even worse. Thank jebus the bikinis are staying on Risa.
    I think KDF is a joke because hardly anyone plays it and Cryptic doesn't care enough to give players incentive to do so. Those that do play it use their toons mostly as farming alts to make all the dils and contraband.

I ONLY play KDF so don't assume that's all the Player base. been so long since I logged into the FED I WAS FORCED TO MAKE AT THE TIME I don't even know what ship he has.

• shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    I object to your feddy bear brainwashed mentality that the Klingons are evil.

Even Feds shouldn't be saying that, anymore! The Federation wants to co-exist with the Klingons. Now that there is peace, the Klingons should not be interfered with, and the unique aspects of their culture should be admired, just like any other culture.

It's not that the Federation is bad; it's that STO players make bad Feds.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dear OP,

If KDF is a joke, why is it these forums are littered with threads demanding SpoonFeds be given everything KDF players have? Cloak? Plasmonic Leech? The list is too long to enter here without creating a wall.

If KDF were really the joke you infer it is, incorrectly I might add, why is it I can leave Zone Chat on whenever I am on Qo'noS? Zone Chat is the first thing I turn off whenever I get any closer than two Sectors away from ESD while playing Fed. This started my second day in the game and I've seen no reason at all to change it.

When I first started playing STO, I had to slog my way thru 25 levels of SpoonFed foolishness before I was allowed to become a warrior. Despite pwe/cryptic's attempts to keep the KDF down and out, we persevere. While the typical SpoonFed wants to be handed everything on a plate and whines incessantly when this does not happen immediately.

I can ask a legitimate question of nearly anyone on Qo'noS or Ganalda and get a decent answer. I stopped trying to do so long ago in either ESD or K7. Drozana? No one in their right mind goes there except to play an FE. And I can promise they don't stay any longer than they need to. Come to think of it, they do the exact same thing at ESD. For the exact same reasons.

When PvPing, if I ask a BoP pilot how he did whatever it was he just did, nine out of ten times he'll respond and tell me. The typical SpoonFed response? "L2P, n00b!"

And you've thrown a public hissy fit over the way Orion Female toons are costumed? In the grand scheme of things, this is quite minor. When compared to the conduct and morals of this game's typical SpoonFed player.

Put your own House in order before you go judging mine in public. I am proud to be KDF. I will remain KDF as long as this game runs. If this means I am in the minority, so be it. The typical KDF player has far more in common with Kirk and Picard than the trash riding around in garbage scows with Starfleet markings on them. When you can find a SpoonFed who actually uses a Starfleet ship.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Welcome to Star Trek Online. Where the Klingons act like Klingons, and everyone else does too. :D
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Umm, has someone mentioned to you lately that you're a human, living on Earth, playing a video game? The whole "Klingon superiority!" rant is a little close to the line between fantasy and reality for comfort. Perhaps you should go outside more.

Gotta love poeple who presume to sit in judgement of others. :rolleyes:
  • giantspacecrabgiantspacecrab Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The KDF is a joke?

I'll take the half-naked green ladies, over the joke that is the Federation having to remind their trained officers that the fountains aren't for recreational use.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dear OP,

If KDF is a joke, why is it these forums are littered with threads demanding SpoonFeds be given everything KDF players have? Cloak? Plasmonic Leech? The list is too long to enter here without creating a wall.

If KDF were really the joke you infer it is, incorrectly I might add, why is it I can leave Zone Chat on whenever I am on Qo'noS? Zone Chat is the first thing I turn off whenever I get any closer than two Sectors away from ESD while playing Fed. This started my second day in the game and I've seen no reason at all to change it.

When I first started playing STO, I had to slog my way thru 25 levels of SpoonFed foolishness before I was allowed to become a warrior. Despite pwe/cryptic's attempts to keep the KDF down and out, we persevere. While the typical SpoonFed wants to be handed everything on a plate and whines incessantly when this does not happen immediately.

I can ask a legitimate question of nearly anyone on Qo'noS or Ganalda and get a decent answer. I stopped trying to do so long ago in either ESD or K7. Drozana? No one in their right mind goes there except to play an FE. And I can promise they don't stay any longer than they need to. Come to think of it, they do the exact same thing at ESD. For the exact same reasons.

When PvPing, if I ask a BoP pilot how he did whatever it was he just did, nine out of ten times he'll respond and tell me. The typical SpoonFed response? "L2P, n00b!"

And you've thrown a public hissy fit over the way Orion Female toons are costumed? In the grand scheme of things, this is quite minor. When compared to the conduct and morals of this game's typical SpoonFed player.

Put your own House in order before you go judging mine in public. I am proud to be KDF. I will remain KDF as long as this game runs. If this means I am in the minority, so be it. The typical KDF player has far more in common with Kirk and Picard than the trash riding around in garbage scows with Starfleet markings on them. When you can find a SpoonFed who actually uses a Starfleet ship.

Dear player,

First off get off your high horse. I play all 3 sides equally, sorry but some of the KDF players, even bigger whiners than your "spoonfeds". We're all players.

Personally I think the game needs to diversify more but hey that's just me. So seriously off the high horse, stop the ranting. You have KDF printed on your underwear. Good for you, no need to slam people who like to play other factions.

Be the bigger man and stop acting a fool and making KDF players look bad because you want to look down upon them.

Heard about the high road? You missed it about 3 turns back.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited June 2014
    4 words ... Green gals are cute!

The thread title is a misnomer. It should be: "juvenile males role playing fictional aliens who look like painted human women in a video game" are a joke
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Umm, has someone mentioned to you lately that you're a human, living on Earth, playing a video game? The whole "Klingon superiority!" rant is a little close to the line between fantasy and reality for comfort. Perhaps you should go outside more.

I'm sure he knows he is human, but he is also generally right. Qo'nos, is civil compared to ESD or Drozana. More of a size issue. Most people come on the game and play Fed toons, as such Fed has a very large representative population of insulting impatient a-holes just by virtue of population size.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I stopped reading the OP's post after "kdf is a joke" and "toons." Then I read how the OP got his logic eaten alive by the forum regulars. Then I got some popcorn, contined reading the reactions to this silly post, and then I roflmaoed for a long time. Obvious troll is obvious people. Next bad post please...
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    KDF is awesome... I'd kill virgins for being able to do 'officer exchange' and play as KDF at least temporarily with my main char... :D:D:D

batlh bIHeghjaj!
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This never would have happened under Martok.

^THIS

10mekleths
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    its kinda like the horde in WoW, half the playerbase are blood elves lol, same thing with KDF, half the playerbase are orions, most don't like to play what amounts to angry humans with funny foreheads when you have dinosaurs and women in bikinis as an option.
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Seriously, what is it with these naked orion toons everywhere in Qonos? Is this is still a video game? Is the "mighty" klingon empire reduced to some cheap brothel? If it's even a klingon empire anymore.

I don't mind a few here and there for the diversity factor, and also considering the fact that kdf is supposed to represent the most "evil" side of the 3 factions, it nevertheless becomes a less believable experience if every silly teenager boy has to infest the whole game with these toons.

What's worse is that a lot of these players stare at and customize their pixelated green women all day without actually doing much of, let's say, stf's. Which adds up more for the already horrid waiting time on kdf exclusive stf's.

Make a fourth faction, for the Orions, outside of the klingon sphere, and the game actually becomes believable again. Otherwise I just won't take The Empire seriously anymore :)

So you're mad that people are not playing the way you want them too? Get over it. If somebody wants to 'customize their pixelated green women all day without actually doing much,' who are you to say they can't?
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    its kinda like the horde in WoW, half the playerbase are blood elves lol, same thing with KDF, half the playerbase are orions, most don't like to play what amounts to angry humans with funny foreheads when you have dinosaurs and women in bikinis as an option.

Dinosaurs that literally shoot lasers from their friggin' heads.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Peope will play the way they like. That includes how their character's look. Have you ever heard of the Virtual World, Second Life? Every singal human avatar is an idealized vission, women in revealing clothes concealing large TRIBBLE and large muscular men.

Don't thake it so seriously and let people play they want to play. If you're too concerned with "Reality" then perhaps an MMO is not the game for you. As an alternative there are many kinds of simulators out there that do mimic reality that range from driving, flying, farming, and even operating WW2 submarines.

However you may want to avoid such titles like Goat Simulator or Surgon simulator. The word "Simulator" is used as a joke.

If you are looking for a sci fi experience EVE may be a good fit for you.

A post like this is not going to change anyone's mind or how they customize their characters.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My main is orion simply because I like to look at her TRIBBLE when she is running around.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    considering the fact that kdf is supposed to represent the most "evil" side of the 3 factions

Yeah the Klingons are reaaaaally evil, just blasting everyone who dares to step into their territory. Unlike the the good and heroic Federation who just blasts everything and everyone just for being in fed controlled territory....... but heeey they have shiny white ships so they must be the "good" guys, right?
    edited June 2014

for me the Klingons represent the sanity of the right while the federation is a display of liberalism at its worst. so in my eyes the Klingons are by far superior to the so called humans of earth.

as of late I have jumped out of char having to argue with feddy bears but normaly I respond in the KLINGON threads as a Klingon. but as I said lately i have fallen out of character bit too much.

edited June 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Dear player,

First off get off your high horse. I play all 3 sides equally, sorry but some of the KDF players, even bigger whiners than your "spoonfeds". We're all players.

Personally I think the game needs to diversify more but hey that's just me. So seriously off the high horse, stop the ranting. You have KDF printed on your underwear. Good for you, no need to slam people who like to play other factions.

Be the bigger man and stop acting a fool and making KDF players look bad because you want to look down upon them.

Heard about the high road? You missed it about 3 turns back.

while your preaching about getting off the high horse let me drag a ladder over to yours so you don't fall and break your neck getting down from yours.

and I have no idea how you have been playing but prior to the Rommie invasion 1st city was awesome we didn't start getting the disco ball types until after that. and its still not nearly as bad as the other locations mentioned by others.

and as far as diversity your only going to get that by being different. I think the Klingon players understand that and any whining your hearing is about the feds getting all of our stuff in return for shiny trinkets not worth equipping.

and don't give me any high horse BS as I play as Klingon and don't need a horse to be superior you your kind LOL

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lmao. Trolling trolling trolling on the weekend.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
This discussion has been closed.