Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cool, Options for full and partial Wetsuits

Wasn't expecting those
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes it's all very exciting. 2 things though:

1) If I don't want my mark grind income from this event to be based on racing people in the surfing mini-game like it is in winter, will I still be able to reliably grind marks with birds?

2) I'm chomping at the bit to hear about the ship, the doffs, the accolade, and the discount mechanic in detail.

Thanks for setting up an amazing event, I loved summer last year, this one looks to really raise the bar so far!
  • antman9173antman9173 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The race sounds just like the winter event PVP race.. as a matter of fact its the same thing since in the winter event the only thing that gave the epohh tags was the PVP race. The thing is are we going to have to do a duty officer mission for the tropical tags as well?
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    MORE proof that cryptic is a sexist company. Men can wear topless outfits but not women? Seriously? Get your act together cryptic and make them both equal! What if a male character wants to wear a halter huh? Did not think about that DID YOU?!?!?!
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How are swim suits unlocked? Are they all one unlock or are there individual unlocks for different styles? Fashion conscious Orions need to know!
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    themartian wrote: »
    How are swim suits unlocked? Are they all one unlock or are there individual unlocks for different styles? Fashion conscious Orions need to know!

You don't really think they would give you all the option for one unlock do you ? ;)
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    You don't really think they would give you all the option for one unlock do you ? ;)

I can dream.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1) If I don't want my mark grind income from this event to be based on racing people in the surfing mini-game like it is in winter, will I still be able to reliably grind marks with birds?

Yes, they confirmed you will be able to get marks with tropical birds.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There was a discussion a while ago in the forums about swim wear and if it is going to be "wear-able" outside of Risa or not.

I didn't see any information about this in the blog. So does anyone know the state?

Thanks.

Nahari
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There was a discussion a while ago in the forums about swim wear and if it is going to be "wear-able" outside of Risa or not.

I didn't see any information about this in the blog. So does anyone know the state?

Thanks.

Nahari

You're only able to wear them on Risa.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17226461#post17226461
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, aside from the blatantly obvious: No Speedos, how dare you?! (Yes, I'll keep repeating this.)

... it'd probably be nice to see all the different gear and swimsuits. I'm not sure if the items are on display on Risa (I believe I only checked Risa on Holodeck recently, and wasn't paying that much attention to the new building). If not, you should probably post some pics of all of it.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of female swimsuits, however it's all the more painful to see the very limited male selection.

What's not so clear from the blog: Is the horga'hn hunt mission still around? You state we still can get eggs and raise parrots, but is the only option to buy eggs for favors or can we still randomly find them (along with the favors we get from the hunt)?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Swimsuits were confirmed earlier they will only be wearable on risa.

I'm curious about the sandcastle. Is that a game you can play anytime, and the hourly thing just rewards extra, or can you only get the favours during that once an hour thing?

And will the dance contest be back to give out favours? That was great fun.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    MORE proof that cryptic is a sexist company. Men can wear topless outfits but not women? Seriously? Get your act together cryptic and make them both equal!
    A woman's TRIBBLE are considered a secondary sex characteristic. A man's chest is not considered to have such a characteristic. This is why men may be topless and women wear a top. Suppose Cryptic did give females the ability to go topless. The next thing you know there will be people asking for Cryptic to make a nude beach on Risa...sheesh.
    What if a male character wants to wear a halter huh? Did not think about that DID YOU?!?!?!
    What exactly would the halter top be supporting? A man doesn't have TRIBBLE and a halter top would be useless.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Remember the sunglasses last year, in all the different styles?

...that each had to be purchased separately? ;)
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lots of new and revealing female swimwear... shocking... lol
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will there be Sandcastle PvP? ;)

Using opposing armies of Feather Monkeys and a full siege mechanic, one would hope.

Sergeants Chunky and Funky, prepare a Dance Competition as a feint! Commander Cheeky, arm the Lohlunat Trebuchet and prepare to fire! Quartermaster Diddy, more bananas for the men! And damn it, someone find Intelligence Officer C. George, we need that scouting report!

:D
    enoemg wrote: »
    Lots of new and revealing female swimwear... shocking... lol

I can't see them including banana hammocks for the male characters; they already get enough lolnut jokes as it is...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this doesnt include any of the details about any of the old activities. i just hope the old activites are the same way they were last year and coming back this year
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Male characters will have keys to unlock all the woman's swimsuits. I hope that answers your question. ;)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Who ever came up with the Hoover Board name Creamsickle Crush, well that's awesome.
    Sounds kinky hehe, but this summer event looks like its gonna be a good time and can really see the work that went into it. Thanks Cryptic, i'll definitely be enjoying it.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How about off duty outfits for boff. The Winter clothes are uniform and can be worn by boff, but last years summer clothes not (except the chains for arms and legs). Same goes for the khan uniform :-(. Will the Swimwear be combineable other clothes (jackets / shirts ...)?
    http://www.startrek.com/database_article/captains-holiday
    http://www.startrek.com/database_article/let-he-who-is-without-sin

PS: How about an off duty zone for away teams? I remember ST episodes, the away team where casual clothes.

Edit: I want the Borat mankini ;-)
    edited June 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Male characters will have keys to unlock all the woman's swimsuits. I hope that answers your question. ;)

When male chars can't wear them and boff neither, why should male unlock them?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    A woman's TRIBBLE are considered a secondary sex characteristic.

In America. Not so much Europe.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    skk1701j wrote: »
    When male chars can't wear them and boff neither, why should male unlock them?

Hmmm... Ok, think of the male characters with keys in their hands chasing the woman... Got the idea now? I suppose that would be another form of PvP event...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited June 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Hmmm... Ok, think of the male characters with keys in their hands chasing the woman... Got the idea now? I suppose that would be another form of PvP event...

Y. But changing sex would be awesome. I remember Quark as a woman. That was an awesome episode.

How about cross dressing ;-)
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    More info please :D

The information provided leaves massive questions and provides even more questions than any answers to anything at all...even starts in 2 days just saying
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It all looks very promising.

A couple of queries though.

My daughter is getting married, so I'll be away for a chunk of the event.

Will there be a lobi option to make up any shortfall in the requisites?

And, on a related note, will the discount system we saw a glimpse of be in place?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they're like floaters you're not paying to win, you're grinding to win. But that assumes it's PvP which I also doubt.
    The description suggests a competitive race, similar to Fast and Flurrious. Only this time you need an item to participate and can get a better version of it by grinding. I really find it disappointing that Cryptic decided to add a P2W (or grind to win) element to a summer event.

At least with floaters it was a matter of traveling around the island and doing the daily quicker. In this case it's an hourly PvP race.
    damix4 wrote: »
    Yes, this year you can build sand castles for Favors.
    Yeah, but what does that involve and how much will it reward? One type of tedious grind replacing another doesn't change the issue that it was more difficult to collect Favors than it was Holiday Ornaments during winter event.

Last Winter Event they've buffed doff mission rewards so it was way easier to get ornaments. I really wish there would be some unique doff missions on Risa this year.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Risians are welcoming back visitors this year with a bounty of new rewards and activities. The sun is out, the water is warm, and the natives are inviting! Join in on exciting events around Risa to earn Lohlunat Favors that can be traded in for cool gear like swimwear or powerboards! Come enjoy your stay on Risa with these exciting additions this summer!

To learn more about the exciting additions this year, check out our latest blog here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5006193

~LaughingTrendy

Query;

In the linky-linked Blog there is this statement in the description of the new Powerboards:
    "Please note: this type of technology is meant only for the party shores of Risa!"

A similar disclaimer does not appear under the Floaters.

Will we be using the Floaters outside of the Summer Event?
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    In America. Not so much Europe.

Wikipedia is written from an international perspective, but nice try.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Come on man. A beach just isn't a beach without some goofball (most likely myself) running around in a mankini.

Sigh....looking forward to this, personally.