test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend (Now Ended)

Comments

• Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All of my Romulan toons were able to get the DOFF, I just used their allied contacts since I leave them in their respective academies anyway for the Lore daily.

So for Fed allied Rommies I spoke to Lt. Ferra and then to that Captain guy round the corner from him.

For KDF allied Rommies I spoke to Stask (or whatever his name is, big Gorn dude lol) and then the Captain guy next to him.

That works, but i want my rommy not exocomp :(

CRYPTIC!!!!!
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Where's Su...ah, I mean Rojal? I need to talk to him. :mad:

Yeah, it looks like he didn't get spawned for whatever reason. There's a nice target zone for him but ... no Rojal.
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, it looks like he didn't get spawned for whatever reason. There's a nice target zone for him but ... no Rojal.

I think he was beamed on the Aquarius Bridge and now is behind the locked doors ;) :rolleyes: ...
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think he was beamed on the Aquarius Bridge and now is behind the locked doors ;) :rolleyes: ...

Well, that's certainly a better excuse than loafing off on his first day of work.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm talking the Romulan Doff, not the Reman or Exocomp, it's a seperate thing entirely.

That isnt in game... if it ever was, it was removed a long time ago. Notice when you get the bonus DOFFs from clusters, it has either Fed or KDF logos on them... not Rom. Same for Commendation DOs rewards.

Maybe it was planned back when LOR was being worked on and they decided to cut all that out and never finished cleaning up the scripts. Roms arent a real faction after all... at the end of the day you need to decide to be Fed or KDF to proceed with this game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    That isnt in game... if it ever was, it was removed a long time ago. Notice when you get the bonus DOFFs from clusters, it has either Fed or KDF logos on them... not Rom. Same for Commendation DOs rewards.

Maybe it was planned back when LOR was being worked on and they decided to cut all that out and never finished cleaning up the scripts. Roms arent a real faction after all... at the end of the day you need to decide to be Fed or KDF to proceed with this game.
    Tiger.... Go.... talk.... to.... the.... ROMULAN.... doff lady.

there are THREE versions of the mission, the Romulan one gives you a Borg doff with Efficient, Eidetic Memory, Emotional, Logical, and the same active power as the Exocomp doff.

Or she would if not for the lack of a certain other NPC....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tiger.... Go.... talk.... to.... the.... ROMULAN.... doff lady.

there are THREE versions of the mission, the Romulan one gives you a Borg doff with Efficient, Eidetic Memory, Emotional, Logical, and the same active power as the Exocomp doff.

Or she would if not for the lack of a certain other NPC....

I did not know this.

Does this mean that Romulans can get two purple doffs per event like this?
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What are you people talking about?

As far as I know, and as it is stated in >this blog< the Romulan players get the purple Doffs of their allied factions.

Quote:

"Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers, this is a new engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers, it is a Reman duty officer. *This is not available if you already claimed it the last time we ran the event."

No Romulan Doff is mentioned. What Romulan faction Doff are you talking about?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    I did not know this.

Does this mean that Romulans can get two purple doffs per event like this?

Apparently. It's one of the hidden strength of the Romulan faction: they can draw DOffs from New Romulus as well as their allied faction.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    What are you people talking about?

As far as I know, and as it is stated in >this blog< the Romulan players get the purple Doffs of their allied factions.

Quote:

"Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers, this is a new engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers, it is a Reman duty officer. *This is not available if you already claimed it the last time we ran the event."

No Romulan Doff is mentioned. What Romulan faction Doff are you talking about?

There is a third Reinforcements mission on New Romulus when you talk to -their- duty officer person. she sends you to talk to a Commander Rojal who -should- be just on the other side of the room but there's nobody there.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    There is a third Reinforcements mission on New Romulus when you talk to -their- duty officer person. she sends you to talk to a Commander Rojal who -should- be just on the other side of the room but there's nobody there.
    Yeah, the Doff is a Borg(not sure if Romulan Borg, it'd be hilarious if it turned out to be a Borg Acamarian) with the same active roster power as the exocomp.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Wow! Really? Thanks for the info, I didn't even try to look for this in New Romulus Command with my Romulan and Reman. Since it's not mentioned in the blogs at all, I just assumed the Romulans are getting their allies hand-me-downs once more.

Good going Cryptic, not mentioning this in the blog. :rolleyes: Is doing your job that hard for you these days?
    What I've seen lately is way beyond just being sloppy, you just copy-paste things from previous events without even a second look! Dates from last year, obsolete info, now not even mention about this in the blog!? What the hell is wrong with you, don't they pay you anymore or something?
    I'm at a loss how can this company possibly function, if I make such errors where I work, I'd get the boot so fast I couldn't even say 'Star Trek'.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Wow! Really? Thanks for the info, I didn't even try to look for this in New Romulus Command with my Romulan and Reman. Since it's not mentioned in the blogs at all, I just assumed the Romulans are getting their allies hand-me-downs once more.

Good going Cryptic, not mentioning this in the blog. :rolleyes: Is doing your job that hard for you these days?
    What I've seen lately is way beyond just being sloppy, you just copy-paste things from previous events without even a second look! Dates from last year, obsolete info, now not even mention about this in the blog!? What the hell is wrong with you, don't they pay you anymore or something?
    I'm at a loss how can this company possibly function, if I make such errors where I work, I'd get the boot so fast I couldn't even say 'Star Trek'.

It's highly possible that either a) the Blog was from the last one which was back in MARCH of LAST YEAR (wow, that's a long time to wait) or b) No one told poor Smirk there was one or c) he WAS told and forgot.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, the Doff is a Borg(not sure if Romulan Borg, it'd be hilarious if it turned out to be a Borg Acamarian) with the same active roster power as the exocomp.
    I'm not even sure if it's a Borg. Could be a Android.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's highly possible that either a) the Blog was from the last one which was back in MARCH of LAST YEAR (wow, that's a long time to wait) or b) No one told poor Smirk there was one or c) he WAS told and forgot.

Neither of which is excusable, to be honest.

a) If they just copied the blog from last March, they should at least double check it and edit it so the new info will be inserted, rather than just lazy copy-paste and call it a day.
    b) If noone told Smirk - that's very irresponsible, also he's not doing his job getting info from devs.
    c) If he forgot, that's very irresponsible as well.

I'm not saying it's any of these particular issues, but these you mentioned are inexcusable anyway.
    However one thing's for certain:

d) Mentioned or not mentioned in the blog, it's bugged as hell.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    And finally everyone understands.

Frankly however you look at it it's just another terrible testing job by Cryptic. There's no excuse for something this simple to be so badly bugged, it couldn't have taken two minutes to make sure it was working first surely...
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So... do the Romulans get Romulan Doffs when they are scanning particles? Or Fed/KDF Doffs? Because I worked hard to build a Romulan/Reman crew...
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    So... do the Romulans get Romulan Doffs when they are scanning particles? Or Fed/KDF Doffs? Because I worked hard to build a Romulan/Reman crew...

That's hard as hell. I know cause I'm doing the same thing, I don't know how many Tal'Shiar nodes have I opened...
    Still no Romulan/Reman Doffs via commendation achievments... :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic, release the KRAKEN, i mean, release commander Rojal.

I don't know who you are.
    I don't know what you want.
    If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have zen but what I do have are a very particular set of skills.
    Skills I have acquired over a very long gaming career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.
    If you let Rojal go now, that will be the end of it.
    I will not look for you, I will not pursue you.
    But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will tickle you.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend" my pretty Bajoran backside. More like "We Hate Junior Officers Weekend".

WOULD YOU GIVE THE FRAKKING GRINDS A REST FOR ONCE?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still no word on Rojal, come on Smirky baby lets us know where Rojal is.

Do the Elachi have him and he needs rescued?

Did he decide the Orion slave girls needed his attention?

Did his house get overrun with tribbles?

Did he fall through a hole in the floor of the command center, and they repaired it with him still in there?
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Must have Rojal! Bring him in!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Nah. They get a doff from their ally. (the event is at their ally's academy after all)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh, new, more accurate name for this: "Junior Officer Unappreciation Weekend".
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "ElectroMagnetic Dr.Pepper"

Just remember this pnemonic as EM and DP.

If the particle is Expanding, use the Multiphasic scan.
    If the particle is Dissipating, use the Positronic scan.

And be careful not to talk to Professor Myers until you've collected 75 particles. He will end your mission, put you on cooldown, and take everything until the next day whether you've earned a doff or not. I'd like to see the event extended another day for this wasted day.
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    "ElectroMagnetic Dr.Pepper"

Just remember this mnemonic as EM and DP.

If the particle is Expanding, use the Multiphasic scan.
    If the particle is Dissipating, use the Positronic scan.

And be careful not to talk to Professor Myers until you've collected 75 particles. He will end your mission, put you on cooldown, and take everything until the next day whether you've earned a doff or not. I'd like to see the event extended another day for this wasted day.

+1

Ok, a quick run down: got message on left of screen when i had enough particles for Common doff & updated Mission status on right of screen, same for Uncommon and Rare --- but when i had collected EXACTLY 75 particles, I got left hand side message but Status did NOT update to Very Rare, it still showed as Rare. So I collected 2 more particles for a total of 77.

That Myers guy took ALL 77! What if I had wanted to collect another 75 for a total of 150? to "hold" onto in my Inventory till the cooldown finished?

BAD Cryptic, BAD Cryptic ...

Furthermore, WAY too many "Particle has collapsed / keep trying" (read GRINDING). About 10 to 1 for Collapsed Particles to good scans.

Good mnemonic!

I was in USN sub-service & a US Marine Recon guy told me an interesting one they learned in Boot Camp:

"Be My Little General"

1-Star -- Brigadier General

2-Star -- Major General

3-Star -- Lieutenant General

4-Star -- General --- just 1 in USMC, he's The Commandant:)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    phadren wrote: »
    Still no word on Rojal, come on Smirky baby lets us know where Rojal is.

Do you think Cryptic could be playing a game of 'hide & seek' with us through Royal? *shrugs* :confused:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Um I seem to remember in the old days - to get the purple special doff - all you had to do was talk to some NPC at the academy?? Is there a good reason to change this?
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nah. They get a doff from their ally. (the event is at their ally's academy after all)

Shame. So the scanning falls flat for my Romulan chars. I worked too hard to get a pure Romulan/Reman crew to TRIBBLE it up with this.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank You Cryptic for this event, and I mean that sincerely! I love the free Exocomp, which is still zero effort. Also, since I've only got a few purple doffs so far - thanks for the opportunity to grind them. I don't think its a bad thing, as I used to do the Academy Event on the hourly for dilithium - I must be crazy as I actually miss it.

That being said, a little upset that the prompt never changed from Rare to Very Rare, and I collect 86 particles, and the prof took them ALL away, instead of leaving the excess for the next day.

But overall, very happy! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.