test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend (Now Ended)

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Starting today, Thursday, April 10th, 2014 at 10AM PDT, we are currently running a special Junior Officer Appreciation weekend event where you can earn Bonus Commendation XP by completing any Duty Officer assignments! This event will run until Monday, April 14th, 2014 at 10AM PDT. Click here for your local time zone.

To those junior officers who work tirelessly in cramped Jefferies Tubes, perish namelessly on away missions, or provide the endless streams of reports and analysis necessary for a starship to function – this event is dedicated to you!

Have fun, and try not to send too many duty officers to Sickbay!

~CaptainSmirk

Read the details here

NOTE: OP has been updated with more details on the Duty Officer Pack eligibility and the Particle Scanning Event reward stats.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's the cooldown on the particle scanning mission?

Also, does it still reward dilithium, or just doffs?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are the lockbox DOFF mini packs included for the extra green or better DOFF?
    Duty officer packs** opened during the event will each have a FREE additional Green quality or better duty officer inside. This only applies to C-Store purchased packs, not to those awarded during rank-up, from recruitment assignments or Lock Boxes. Also, it applies only to packs opened during the event, even if they are purchased prior to the event.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looks cool, thanks a bunch Devs!

Smirk, can we get a BranFlakes memorial statue at Starfleet Academy?

Maybe 200 feet tall, gold, gesturing at the sky?
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I really do like the idea for this event. I kind of wish we could rank up our DOFFs from white to purple so that we can build a bond with those characters. Any chance of that happening?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How many particles would I need to scan for a purple quality doff?
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ooh, me likey. I love the fact that the particle event now grants DOFFs instead of dil. IMO, it was just silly. Now, I get to drag my 9-foot tall Gorn across Klingon Academy just to get DOFFs!

I AM curious, though, what the cool down is, if there is one. Not a deal breaker, mind, but a curious thing.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend was far overdue, thank you for not forgetting about our new Romulan Characters who did not have a chance to get those special doffs. :D
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tuathaantuathaan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why did PWI advertise the Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre as eligible for Duty Officer promotions, then exclude it? Very disappointing.

*NEW! Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre: This duty officer cadre pack is the same size as the version previously available in the C-Store, and contains the same selection of species, specializations and trait variants. This full-sized doff pack will contain the same officer selection found in the now-retired C-Store pack [1 Blue-or-better, 2 Green-or-better, and 4 White-or-better Duty Officers], including the ability to contain bonus prizes during special Duty Officer promotions that affect this pack IF it is opened during that promotion.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I also want to know what the cooldown time is???

I willing to believe that it is 20 hours like everything else, but clarification would be nice. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tuathaan wrote: »
    Why did PWI advertise the Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre as eligible for Duty Officer promotions, then exclude it? Very disappointing.

Dude, it IS eligible in this case. Read the fine print in the blog.
    Duty officer packs** opened during the event will each have a FREE additional Green quality or better duty officer inside. This only applies to C-Store purchased packs, not to those awarded during rank-up, from recruitment assignments or Lock Boxes. Also, it applies only to packs opened during the event, even if they are purchased prior to the event. **The packs included in this offer are: Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre, Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack, Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack, Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack, Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack, Klingon Empire Duty Officer Pack and Federation Duty Officer Pack.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What about Romulans, do they go faction aligned for their special doff?

And is it the same for particle scanning? I've never run a particle scanning event, not sure if the Rommies have one of their own?
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Dude, it IS eligible in this case. Read the fine print in the blog.

Some clarification is needed as the statement contradicts itself.
    Duty officer packs** opened during the event will each have a FREE additional Green quality or better duty officer inside. This only applies to C-Store purchased packs, not to those awarded during rank-up, from recruitment assignments or Lock Boxes. Also, it applies only to packs opened during the event, even if they are purchased prior to the event. **The packs included in this offer are: Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre, Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack, Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack, Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack, Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack, Klingon Empire Duty Officer Pack and Federation Duty Officer Pack.

So the Gamma Quadrant full pack we get from the hirogen lockbox should not be included by that statement, yet then just below they say it is. It could be that the ones from the box are not but anyone with an ancient CStore version would be.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have fun, and try not to send too many duty officers to Sickbay!

I send no officers to sickbay.

They, through their incompetence, wind up there.

Feds don't have "execute for incompetence". They have sickbay... :P
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What about Romulans, do they go faction aligned for their special doff?

And is it the same for particle scanning? I've never run a particle scanning event, not sure if the Rommies have one of their own?

They dont have an Academy so you need to go to your faction's school. The free purple DOs are also only Fed and KDF... nothing for Roms. Roms need to go to their faction's contact.

Currently this game only has 2 factions... there is NO 3rd faction. There is a "3rd" main race with their own back story, storyline & ships but you still need to choose btw Fed or KDF.
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    This mission is essentially set up so that you can decide how much you want to sink time into it, until you get the reward that you want. When you complete scanning 5 particles, you're eligible to earn a random common DOFF. As you finishing scanning more particles, you'll qualify for increasingly better random DOFFs. The DOFF's branch depends on the branch of the cadet that you chose to mentor, so you can decide if you want an Engineering, Science, or Tactical branch DOFF.

Once you've reached the quality level that you like by scanning enough particles, you turn in the particle results to Prof. Meyer or Cmdr. B'Tama and get the DOFF in return. The mission then has a 20-hour cooldown.
    If you scan some particles but don't decide to turn in the mission, don't fret -- the stabilized particles will remain in your inventory for the whole event, so you can come back later to do more scanning if you're intent on picking up that very rare DOFF.

So, if you scan lots of particles, you could potentially pick up a very rare DOFF every day during the event. If you're more of a casual player, you can drop in to scan some particles a few times each day and then pick up a great DOFF at the end, or pick up some more common DOFFs each day with a smaller number of scans.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    This mission is essentially set up so that you can decide how much you want to sink time into it, until you get the reward that you want. When you complete scanning 5 particles, you're eligible to earn a random common DOFF. As you finishing scanning more particles, you'll qualify for increasingly better random DOFFs. The DOFF's branch depends on the branch of the cadet that you chose to mentor, so you can decide if you want an Engineering, Science, or Tactical branch DOFF.

Once you've reached the quality level that you like by scanning enough particles, you turn in the particle results to Prof. Meyer or Cmdr. B'Tama and get the DOFF in return. The mission then has a 20-hour cooldown.
    If you scan some particles but don't decide to turn in the mission, don't fret -- the stabilized particles will remain in your inventory for the whole event, so you can come back later to do more scanning if you're intent on picking up that very rare DOFF.

So, if you scan lots of particles, you could potentially pick up a very rare DOFF every day during the event. If you're more of a casual player, you can drop in to scan some particles a few times each day and then pick up a great DOFF at the end, or pick up some more common DOFFs each day with a smaller number of scans.

Thanks for explaining. Do the available doffs have only typical active abilities or are they in any way special?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thanks for the clarification... this helps greatly! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining. Do the available doffs have only typical active abilities or are they in any way special?

The DOFFs are randomly-chosen DOFFs of the specified faction and branch. They do not have new, special abilities, but this is a great way to get, say, a couple of very rare science DOFFs if you're short on those for the assignments you usually run. Basically it's like getting a random DOFF through recruitment, except that you can pick the rarity as well as the branch.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, the very rare Duty Officer must be a horrible grind for you not to mention how many scans it takes to get it.

I don’t understand if that is the first thing on everyone’s mind is the scanning breakdown and you Devs chose to play stupid and leave out the most important part of the academy portion of the event.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Looks cool, thanks a bunch Devs!

Smirk, can we get a BranFlakes memorial statue at Starfleet Academy?

Maybe 200 feet tall, gold, gesturing at the sky?

Only if you supply the GPL. And he will be eating cereal.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    I really do like the idea for this event. I kind of wish we could rank up our DOFFs from white to purple so that we can build a bond with those characters. Any chance of that happening?

Nopers on this one. Maybe in a season far far away

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Only if you supply to GPL. And he will be eating cereal.

~CaptainSmirk

Awesome.

Can you put up some sort of special in-game "Build the BranFlakes statue" rep project that requires like 500 million GPL, and then promise to put in the statue if we fill it?
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From the linked page:
    Scan a minimum of 5 traces traces to be rewarded a Common Duty Officer
    Scan a minimum of 25 traces traces to be rewarded a Uncommon Duty Officer
    Scan a minimum of 50 traces traces to be rewarded a Rare Duty Officer
    Scan a minimum of 5 traces traces to be rewarded a Very Rare Duty Officer
    Please, less copy/paste, more proofreading. :)

Aside from the duplicated word word ;), how many will it REALLY take to get a purple duty officer? :D
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    How about for this event adding a mission at new romulus to trade the foreign dogs infesting my ship for upstanding romulans of the same quality and same job. Knowing most romulan ship are 90% fed or kdf really irks me.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    Awesome.

Can you put up some sort of special in-game "Build the BranFlakes statue" rep project that requires like 500 million GPL, and then promise to put in the statue if we fill it?

I second it. Maybe not for that much GPL, but something significant. A permanent memorial to our ex-CM, just like there's one for Mark Valentine. Both at SA and at KA.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In all prior events the bonus was not automatic - you had to go and speak to some npc at Starfleet academy or the equilivant KDF version to get it turned on for the weekend - is this the case again or not?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In all prior events the bonus was not automatic - you had to go and speak to some npc at Starfleet academy or the equilivant KDF version to get it turned on for the weekend - is this the case again or not?

You do not have to talk to anyone to get the bonus CXP. It's automatic through the whole event.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You do not have to talk to anyone to get the bonus CXP. It's automatic through the whole event.

I just saw the link for the blog - it was at the very end of the notice - not used to smirks new style yet:P
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is great, I have a couple to fill our their duty rosters. I have a couple that is already full since I hadn't added new slots, but my newer characters could use this.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    How many particles would I need to scan for a purple quality doff?

75 :)

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.