test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend (Now Ended)

Comments

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "This is totally an error on our end and we apologize for the missing contact."

How about thinking about finding a way to get our romulans to their own doff instead of apologizing? 'More luck next year' is the worst possible solution. You don't test anything before bringing it live... fine. But at least finally start fixing your mess immediately instead of putting it on the endless list of outstanding bugs and giving a damn beyond that. :rolleyes:

Why bother when you can not acknowledge the issue until late on a friday, then say nobody has time to fix it before the event ends.
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014

-Snip

~CaptainSmirk

Well off i go to get allied doffs.
    Thank you for official response.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Or why not extend the event until it can be patched in? We've had events hit before by catastrophic failures and extended, I'd say this qualifies.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think that at this point the only real way to get the DOff to the players that should be getting it (i.e. the Romulans) is to put it in the C-Store and block it off so that only Romulan characters can claim it.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So the "rare" Reman doff is one that many of my older characters all ready has. Meh.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So then next year, will any of the Romulus characters who got the allied DOFF this year be able to get the Romulan DOFF next year, or will they fall into the no allowed category because they already have the allied DOFF?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seriously? Just extend the damn event for Gods sake.
    Until you fixed it.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey everyone,

Wanted to jump in to reply to the missing Romulan DOff contact. Rojal is indeed missing from New Romulus Command, and while we have been able to identify how this oversight was missed, unfortunately we will not be able to patch it back into place before the event ends.

This is totally an error on our end and we apologize for the missing contact.

While it is small consolation, and does not make up for the error, Romulan players are still able to get their allied special DOffs.

Speak to Lt Ferra and Captain Jarol at Starfleet Academy to receive your very rare Exocomp DOff.

Speak to Lt S'stas and Captain Laroj at the Klingon Academy to receive your very rare Reman DOff.

We have identified the missing Rojal as a bug that has prevented him from spawning, and we do apologize to everyone.

Sorry everyone! Don't forget to grab your allies DOffs and participate as much as you would like in the Particle Scanning Event for random quality DOffs, so you don't completely miss out!

This is going on my new "never forget" list to make sure the next time this event runs that everything is going according to plan.

~CaptainSmirk

Jarol, Laroj, and Rojal are anagrams. To lazy to create new names for them so all you did was switch around the letters. lol. You guys are funny. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Jarol, Laroj, and Rojal are anagrams. To lazy to create new names for them so all you did was switch around the letters. lol. You guys are funny. :P

That is your biggest complaint about the whole affair, yes?
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey everyone,

Wanted to jump in to reply to the missing Romulan DOff contact. Rojal is indeed missing from New Romulus Command, and while we have been able to identify how this oversight was missed, unfortunately we will not be able to patch it back into place before the event ends.

While it is small consolation, and does not make up for the error, Romulan players are still able to get their allied special DOffs.

Speak to Lt Ferra and Captain Jarol at Starfleet Academy to receive your very rare Exocomp DOff.

Speak to Lt S'stas and Captain Laroj at the Klingon Academy to receive your very rare Reman DOff.

We have identified the missing Rojal as a bug that has prevented him from spawning, and we do apologize to everyone.

Sorry everyone! Don't forget to grab your allies DOffs and participate as much as you would like in the Particle Scanning Event for random quality DOffs, so you don't completely miss out!

This is going on my new "never forget" list to make sure the next time this event runs that everything is going according to plan.

~CaptainSmirk
    Soo.... when will Romulans be able to get the doff?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe because small things amuse small minds, but this event has me chuckling for this reason:

...that awkward moment when you call down an orbital strike on Starfleet Academy to assist you with a holo-combat.
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Next time? When will that be by the way?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe because small things amuse small minds, but this event has me chuckling for this reason:

...that awkward moment when you call down an orbital strike on Starfleet Academy to assist you with a holo-combat.

Isn't that a bit excessive?!
  • Options
    captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Why yes, I suppose it is. Especially if you have the trait that allows the strike to follow the target...
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Haven't you heard? There is no kill like overkill.

Alternatively, "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Why can't you patch Monday and extend the event by a day? Cryptic has extended events before.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It can't be overkill, we still have warp plasma left.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Why can't you patch Monday and extend the event by a day? Cryptic has extended events before.

The problem is known since the second the event started.
    I hate to think that they really waited that long so that they can now say "it's too late to patch it. Good luck next time.". :(
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, that's it?
    "We're sorry, not only did we mess up by not noticing the bug first, not only did we ignore the multiple reports in tickets and post on the forums, not only did we wait right before the week-end to aknowledge this, but we also won't fix our mistake until next time instead of giving you a quick patch and a couple more days so you can get what you were supposed to have. Isn't that wonderful? :D"

*begins to pick some Dev Doffs to place in the "Execute for Incompetence" assignment*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for confirming we're not all blind. Though I do feel a bit let down that you guys don't plan on fixing this and extending the event.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Well that's cool I guess but a lot of Romulan Players like to keep their doffs as Romulan as possible, which I can say is no easy task if you want a quality crew with rares and very rares. We had been promised Romulan doffs shortly after LoR came out and nearly all the instances so far have been doffs you have to shell out ec/zen/dilithium for, no asylum missions, no officer exchanges, can't even get Romulan colonists! Oh sure there's the console at the command center but those doffs are usually only good for fleet project fodder. So it WAS nice to see we'd be getting a quality Romulan doff for FREE shockingly... but of course we'll have to wait probably a year before we can get it and hopefully by then the Romulans will have an academy of their own.

I guess we can rename this weekend the Federation/Klingon Empire Duty Officer Appreciation Weekend*
    *As long as you're a FED or KDF... Romulans go home and play with your epohhs, you aren't welcomed
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited April 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Right on now all I have to do is wait for next time to come around in a year or so and I'll...wait what?:eek:

I think this is going on our never let you forget list too.:P
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey everyone,

~CaptainSmirk

You have failed me for the last time, Captain Smirk.

*force chokes*

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Captain Smirk, you make my eyes rain!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Keep in mind forum folks, I don't work in coding, I work in Community. I can't go get into the guts of the game and turn things on or off at will (as much as I wish I could cuz god my life here would be easier).

All I can do is act as a communication hub between you and the game devs.

I wanted to make sure we identified the problem before posting anything that might have not been the proper explanation, and I have double and tripple checked that this could not be solved before events end.

Sadly it is not in my power to force the event to run longer, or to force a fix.

I don't like the idea of "having to wait until next time either" cuz who knows how long that will be. Hopefully we can figure out a solution to this, because I would much rather see this fixed and every deserving Romulan/Reman player out there get the DOff they deserve.

If I can help make that happen, I promise you I will put every effort into doing so. If not, than all I can do is say how sorry I am to hear that, both as an employee, but also as a player who didn't get the DOffs for my Fed allied Reman or my KDF allied Liberated Borg Romulan.

I will see what can be done come Monday, and believe me, I am pulling for you all to get your reward, because it is on us to fix this. It should not be on the players to miss out on what they were promised.

Until next time everyone, have a good weekend, and try to make the most out of the event while it is active.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Downside is that Nniol will have to wait until next time, because if I claim the Exocomp on him, he won't be able to get the Lib Borg next time.

If I were actually paying to play this game, I'd probably be upset or something.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Couldn't he just be added as a free c-store claim for romulan faction for the duration of the event ? it would at least be a temporary fix and it can't be that difficult to dump something into the c-store.

Another option of course would be to just mail him to any romulan character that logs in or has during the event.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Keep in mind forum folks, I don't work in coding, I work in Community. I can't go get into the guts of the game and turn things on or off at will (as much as I wish I could cuz god my life here would be easier).

All I can do is act as a communication hub between you and the game devs.

I wanted to make sure we identified the problem before posting anything that might have not been the proper explanation, and I have double and tripple checked that this could not be solved before events end.

Sadly it is not in my power to force the event to run longer, or to force a fix.

I don't like the idea of "having to wait until next time either" cuz who knows how long that will be. Hopefully we can figure out a solution to this, because I would much rather see this fixed and every deserving Romulan/Reman player out there get the DOff they deserve.

If I can help make that happen, I promise you I will put every effort into doing so. If not, than all I can do is say how sorry I am to hear that, both as an employee, but also as a player who didn't get the DOffs for my Fed allied Reman or my KDF allied Liberated Borg Romulan.

I will see what can be done come Monday, and believe me, I am pulling for you all to get your reward, because it is on us to fix this. It should not be on the players to miss out on what they were promised.

Until next time everyone, have a good weekend, and try to make the most out of the event while it is active.

~CaptainSmirk
    Tell me why you don't have a lobi statue in the SF Academy, again? Because, by Q, you deserve it near the bacon statue of Trendy and the cereal statue of Bran, which are infuriately still not getting built.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Eh, Most of us realize you are just the messenger. No hard feelings, Trev. I will send some Easter chocolate to Cryptic for you and Bran!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
This discussion has been closed.