test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #5: Changes to Reputation Powers

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Adding more cubes? Eeeexcelent! More loot for the loot god!

Seriously though, romulans have -40 power. That is a -10 drain on all subsystems. Which I could be putting onto shields. SO yeah, it can be 40 shield power.

So a romulan must either sacrifice damage for shields, or must sacrifice survivability for damage.

"Glass cannon", with the glass part being the -40 power, the cannon part being the extra critical chance.

If we take away the cannon part....what remains? Glass.

Well, glass and five singularity powers, at least two of which are generally useful and the other three situationally so.

And, as has been repeated ad nauseum, -10 power per system is pretty easy to make up.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Well, glass and five singularity powers, at least two of which are generally useful and the other three situationally so.

And, as has been repeated ad nauseum, -10 power per system is pretty easy to make up.

If you count the 10million+ ec leech as easy, than I admire and envy the depth of your moneybags.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you count the 10million+ ec leech as easy, than I admire and envy the depth of your moneybags.

Sadly it's 24 million now :(
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think you are incorrect. Once they introduce more reputation you'll be able to stack 8 space or 8 ground. All people want is a increase that doesn't say TRIBBLE you veterans which 8/8/5 or 8/5 would do. Cryptic can save face and make some people happy.

My build is a Romulan Ha'feh which is built as a ambush tactical support ship. Blow things up off other fleet ships, while ships are trying to blow me up.Since its not a Federation my passive is built half Hull and shield increase, and critical damage. Its more balance. This change would drop my build by 60% until at least 3 more reputation systems are made about a year and a half. I busted my behind God knows how many hours for competitive. Eighty percent of my gameplay is PVP then STF. I rarely do PVE because there is no challenge.

I do not mess with load outs, muiltiple ships, or any quick switch gimmick. I only play in elite mode. iWith the new build I have to choose defense or offense. Its a offense ship so I have to build that making the ship more dangerous.

All the new Rep stuff seems like water down TRIBBLE. So Ill stick with base stuff and counter this Rep TRIBBLE with a fleet version of my ship and a universal output from a Rep chain

Couple of questions...

1) Why do you believe they're going to add additional slots with each reputation down the road instead of the more likely +1 Ground/Space/Active that might come about from a holding and that be the end of it for an extended period of time?

2) When you say your build is being dropped by 60%, by what manner are you basing that?

For example, say I was to look at one of my guys - Willard. Currently he has the following Rep passives:

T2 Omega Weapon Training
    T2 New Rom Precision
    T2 Nukara Fortified Hull
    T2 Dyson Advanced Targeting Systems
    T4 Omega Omega Graviton Amplifier
    T4 New Rom Sensor Targeting Assault
    T4 Nukara Auxiliary Power Configuration - Offense
    T4 Dyson Tactical Advantage

That's providing...

+15% base Weapon Damage
    +3% CrtH
    +5% base Hull (1485 hull in his case)
    +10% CrtD
    a 5% proc to do 751.4 kinetic damage
    a Placate on Crit proc
    +25% base Weapon Damage
    a scaling DRR debuff to the target at 50% or less hull health

Let's say of those eight (and ignoring the new Undine Rep), I keep the following four:

T2 Omega Omega Weapon Training
    T2 New Rom Precision

That will provide...

+10% non-base All Damage
    +5% CrtH
    +20% CrtD
    +37.5% base All Damage
    +3.8% Accuracy

So let's look at what I lost then.

+5% base Hull (1485 hull in his case)
    a 5% proc to do 751.4 kinetic damage
    a Placate on Crit proc
    a scaling DRR debuff to the target at 50% or less hull health

Even adding in resistances for the hull, that's only going to average out to ~2200 effective hull. It's also not like I'm going to take Enhanced Shield Penetration on a torp boat (Hello Cryptic - c'mon show Torps some love with ESP for S9!). The OGA 751.4 was there because I'm cloaked 95% of the time...shield regen doesn't work while cloaked. Likewise, a shield heal on crit proc - when I'm in a ship that's not only mainly cloaked but is also built not to get hit? Yeah, I'm not taking Emergency Secondary Shielding even if the Placate is moot because of KHG shields and pretty much everybody else triggering the Placate immunity. The scaling debuff instead of the scaling buff? I'm a Sci not a Tac, I'm not riding GDF - I'm keeping my hull up or I'm dead.

So I'm losing...well...almost nothing. But dayum - dayum - double dayum...look at what I'm gaining?

From +40% base Weapon Damage to +37.5% base All Damage and...AND...+10% non-base All Damage. Going from +3% CrtH to +5% CrtH...going from +10% CrtD to +20% CrtD. Hell, I'm even picking up +3.8% Accuracy in the process...

That would be an example of showing how uh...yeah...I'm gaining out the wahzoo compared to what I'm losing.

So how is your build being dropped by 60%?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Forgot that trait was there, never thought it was useful.

It's very useful, especially with Pulsewave weapons. Without the trait, they adapt to Pulsewave on usually the second or third hit (if you're firing at a group). With the trait active you get about 6 hits before they adapt. It's also handy if you don't want to use the Maco/Omega gear to get the integral remodulator.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Adding more cubes? Eeeexcelent! More loot for the loot god!

Seriously though, romulans have -40 power. That is a -10 drain on all subsystems. Which I could be putting onto shields. SO yeah, it can be 40 shield power.

So a romulan must either sacrifice damage for shields, or must sacrifice survivability for damage.

"Glass cannon", with the glass part being the -40 power, the cannon part being the extra critical chance.

If we take away the cannon part....what remains? Glass.

Ummm game don't work that way my friend. :)

You have -10 per system... no -40 in one system.

You have 10 less power in each SUBSYSTEM. Its the way it works. It isn't -40 per subsystem.

There is nothing stopping you from setting your shields at 100 on a romulan if you want of course you would have to take the extra power from somewhere.

Still bottom line most people run there Fed/Klink shields at 25 base power... nothing stopping you from doing the same on your rom... yes you have to take it out of something else like aux.

Still its -10 per system... not -40 from one.

Really though this isn't a romulan problem... its a Warbird one. If you don't like the -40 power levels setup on a warbird fly a none warbird. Yes your options on a romulan are lmitied still... get an event ship or a lockbox one and you can run the standard warp core if you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, personally I will gain even more because of my absolutely bonehead choices. But I'm still worried it will kill participation in future reps. That's my big concern.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited March 2014
    Yeah, personally I will gain even more because of my absolutely bonehead choices. But I'm still worried it will kill participation in future reps. That's my big concern.

I doubt it will make any difference. New content will be tied to every one so people will be doing the new content. Also the passives and actives ere only a small part of the attratction. People will want gear sets new weapon types console unlocks... weapon sets / Ship sets. Gear will attract people as always I'm sure... if they really see the numbers are down on a rep... all they have to do is make that reps content more attractive, with a little extra D reward on the missions or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    ...typical VD stuff...

Don't get me wrong, mind you - folks need to head over to the thread in the Tribble area of the forums and complain about some of the bumps some of the Passives received becoming Traits.

For example...

T2 Nukara Fortified Hull went from 5% to 7.5%.
    T2 New Rom Enhanced Shield Systems went from 9% to 10%.

Like...really?
    edited March 2014
    Ummm game don't work that way my friend. :)

You have -10 per system... no -40 in one system.

You have 10 less power in each SUBSYSTEM. Its the way it works. It isn't -40 per subsystem.

There is nothing stopping you from setting your shields at 100 on a romulan if you want of course you would have to take the extra power from somewhere.

Still bottom line most people run there Fed/Klink shields at 25 base power... nothing stopping you from doing the same on your rom... yes you have to take it out of something else like aux.

Still its -10 per system... not -40 from one.

Really though this isn't a romulan problem... its a Warbird one. If you don't like the -40 power levels setup on a warbird fly a none warbird. Yes your options on a romulan are lmitied still... get an event ship or a lockbox one and you can run the standard warp core if you like.

I said -40 overall power. -10 per system, 4 systems, is -40 .

Now I usually put weapons up to 100, engine and aux to 15, and dump the rest in shields. For romulans that's -40 shield power with the loadout.

Honestly , I dont want a lockbox ship. I cant afford one. Yes, I'm poor.

I would like to keep the romulan ships with the extra critical chance that the Superior operatives give. Its totally fine a game mechanic. Less durable ship, but more damage dealing.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited March 2014
    I said -40 overall power. -10 per system, 4 systems, is -40 .

Now I usually put weapons up to 100, engine and aux to 15, and dump the rest in shields. For romulans that's -40 shield power with the loadout.

Honestly , I dont want a lockbox ship. I cant afford one. Yes, I'm poor.

I would like to keep the romulan ships with the extra critical chance that the Superior operatives give. Its totally fine a game mechanic. Less durable ship, but more damage dealing.

In a Base40 ship, the power levels with 6 Warp Core Efficiency will be 45.
    In a Base50 ship, the power levels with 6 Warp Core Efficiency will be 53.

Right there, you've reduced the -40 to -32.
    edited March 2014
    In a Base40 ship, the power levels with 6 Warp Core Efficiency will be 45.
    In a Base50 ship, the power levels with 6 Warp Core Efficiency will be 53.

Right there, you've reduced the -40 to -32.

I usually put 9 in that with romulans. But still, I count myself so lucky I got the leech for my fleet Valdore when it was 2 mil.... not too expensive for me to buy.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gear will attract people as always I'm sure...

Still need to see the stats on it, but T4 Undine unlocks the new turret that is supposedly more powerful. Slower rate of fire but the tooltip says it has substantially more damage to compensate for that. There's a phaser and a disruptor version.

And that turret might fit great on one of my ships. So, right there, new rep, and I already want T4 in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If the gear doesn't need Expertise (which I hope it doesn't), I'm certainly gonna be getting a lot of gear.
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    paspinall wrote: »
    No definition 2

currently there are 32 passive traits and 4 active, of which we get all 4 active and choose 16 passive, we will be limited to 8 passive traits at a time (4 ground 4 space) and still keeping the 4 active.

Ummm.... am I missing something here? Devs AND fellow players alike, ACTUALLY there are currently ONLY 2 & 2 ACTIVE powers/traits.

2 for Space & 2 for Ground.

Omega & Dyson Tier 5 Actives are GROUND

Nukara & Romulan Tier 5 Actives are SPACE

So ... with THAT being said, Will we have 4 & 4 ACTIVE traits to choose from also?

i.e. / ergo 4 ACTIVE Space (limit capped) & 4 ACTIVE Ground (limit capped) ?
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ummm.... am I missing something here? Devs AND fellow players alike, ACTUALLY there are currently ONLY 2 & 2 ACTIVE powers/traits.

2 for Space & 2 for Ground.

Omega & Dyson Tier 5 Actives are GROUND

Nukara & Romulan Tier 5 Actives are SPACE

So ... with THAT being said, Will we have 4 & 4 ACTIVE traits to choose from also?

i.e. / ergo 4 ACTIVE Space (limit capped) & 4 ACTIVE Ground (limit capped) ?

No, you have 4 Active slots PERIOD for both ground AND space.
  • s0n0flib3rtys0n0flib3rty Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I Sonofliberty hereby sign this petition to leave the Reputation system how it is.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Couple of questions...

1) Why do you believe they're going to add additional slots with each reputation down the road instead of the more likely +1 Ground/Space/Active that might come about from a holding and that be the end of it for an extended period of time?

2) When you say your build is being dropped by 60%, by what manner are you basing that?

T2 Omega Omega Weapon Training
    T2 New Rom Precision

So how is your build being dropped by 60%?

Point 1.
    Who said that? I said they will add new reputations as time goes on? If I follow the timetable in the past. Usually it alternates between space and ground. So, this coming one will be space. The next one ground. Afterward, space. That is a year and a half before I have the ability to use 4 active space abilities. It's bad for them to call them traits. It's a active skill. In the short run, that leaves only 6 passive skills buffs.

Point 2
    Your build is for a pure offense ship. Since my ship has to fly in between exploding cubes sometimes 3 or 4 cubes, exploding spheres, and a Klingons doing a sneak attack. I need whatever skill passive buff as possible to my hull and shield. In essence on the regular Holodeck. I have my primary shielding with a secondary then backup shield and hull repair.

On Tribble. I need to use two buffs for those now which doesn't even comes close. 1 shield buff and 1 hull buff.

That leaves me with two passive buffs which leaves Omega Weapons Training and Advance Targeting.

As it stands, I have to run with

Superior Shield Repair
    Fortified hull
    Advance Targeting
    and Omega Weapons Training

Final thoughts
    My thoughts if Cryptic made it 8/8/5 or 8/5 I wouldn't mind. So, I'm going a lose a lot in PVP and STF's. TRIBBLE you Cryptic. Your company is full of competent and non- thinking xxxx to this whole reputation TRIBBLE. Instead of leaving what people earned, you are stripping it away. I hope some of Star Trek Online rots because of this. I have nothing against the veteran or long running players. My harsh feelings is towards Cryptic.
  • thexpl0r3rthexpl0r3r Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I doubt it will make any difference. New content will be tied to every one so people will be doing the new content. Also the passives and actives ere only a small part of the attratction. People will want gear sets new weapon types console unlocks... weapon sets / Ship sets. Gear will attract people as always I'm sure... if they really see the numbers are down on a rep... all they have to do is make that reps content more attractive, with a little extra D reward on the missions or something.

This is wrong assumption...

Most of the people in my fleet don't use anything from Dyson and Nukara... I unlocked Nukara only to get rep skills on all of my toons... Got Dyson unlocked on 2 of my toons just to get the skills and third uses only 2 pieces of equipment from the rep for Dyson Sci Destroyer... Toon 4 and 5 won't be doing Dyson t3-5 with these new rules... For me and many others passives and actives were main attraction... I would love to share chats from our fleet channels but I don't want to be banned from the forum because of foul language...

The only really useful reps for me are Omega and Romulan and I won't be doing all reps on my new toons like I did before... just these 2 and Dyson first two tiers to get crit...

... and I'll be spending a lot less time in PvE queues because I won't have the reason to... and for new reps... preferring space combat and with bunch of the skills I already have and being able to use only some of them why would I get more? The new concept is plain wrong and completely illogical...

Edit:
    Just to clarify one thing. The reason why actives and passives are so attractive is because it is the only way to further develop your character.
    Thexpl0r3r.png
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thexpl0r3r wrote: »
    The only really useful reps for me are Omega and Romulan

What makes them useful? And the others not useful?
    and I won't be doing all reps on my new toons like I did before... just these 2 and Dyson first two tiers to get crit...

Keep in mind, they made the actual rep grind itself overall easier. It's less of a hassle in season 9.
    ... and I'll be spending a lot less time in PvE queues because I won't have the reason to... and for new reps... preferring space combat and with bunch of the skills I already have and being able to use only some of them why would I get more? The new concept is plain wrong and completely illogical...

Wait, I'm a little confused. You say you have everything you need right now. So why are you bothering with PVE queues right now?

Also, when you stop doing PVE queues, what space combat will you be doing instead? PvP?

I'm not sure I follow this. And I don't get why you bother with PVE right now if you're finished already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    I'm not sure I follow this. And I don't get why you bother with PVE right now if you're finished already.

I think change is just something to complain about.

Lets all face facts.

Everyone has been done there omega rep for a year or more.... Still I was logged in a few hours ago there where 90 people in the infected que... another 50 in the Kitomer que.... and I think if you added all the people in the Nukura / Romulan rep stuff there was perhaps 20 people in total.

These people aren't doing pve for there reps anymore... unless they really must have every mk xii omega set. I guess that's possible. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    what can you possibly be flying that's so soft? (oh, right, Federation, right? there, there...)

The better choice against my kind (the BoPs that haunt Ker'rat) has always been "Situational Awareness", not relying on extra powers, to survive.

To reiterate teh counter argument-they're not stripping anything away that you've earned, they're just changing how it's applied, and giving it a Buff.

This isn't a change to core mechanics here, this is a change to an add-on that was released unfinished and untested from the start.

here, have a digital tissue. I know, it's hard for some players to handle having to choose what enhancements they're going to use, and frustrating for circle-strafers to have to put more thought into what they're doing than "Turn right, hit spacebar"...

1. I am running a Romulan Ha'feh and it's definitely not soft. I just want to keep the redudant system just in case two cubes hits me with 40/50k+ hits, while a klingon is doing a alpha attack on me.

2. I know they are not stripping it away maybe retooling it. Still the fact of 4/4/4 which is stupid. If I played through all the reputation. If Cryptic wants put a hard limit but make the limit decent or close to the original. The setup 8/8/4 or 8universal/5 or 8universal/4 is not asking much. Bad move.

3. As for the buffs, there is a boost in offfense but insignificant boost in defense. Bad move.

As for the digital tissue.

I can't say what I say towards you. I'll just say the first part. TRIBBLE ....

If you spent your hard earned time and money in something in real life. No one has the right to take it away or tell you can't use something or tell place some limit on it. Whoever says there is buffs. It's not going equate to someone having the full set of active buffs or skills.
    edited March 2014
    Point 1.
    Who said that? I said they will add new reputations as time goes on? If I follow the timetable in the past. Usually it alternates between space and ground. So, this coming one will be space. The next one ground. Afterward, space. That is a year and a half before I have the ability to use 4 active space abilities. It's bad for them to call them traits. It's a active skill. In the short run, that leaves only 6 passive skills buffs.

Er...
    Once they introduce more reputation you'll be able to stack 8 space or 8 ground.

...I misread what you said there. Thought you were talking about passives. You were talking about the combination of passives and actives...so yes, four more Reps (three after the Undine) we'll be able to stack 8 space (three more (two after the Undine) folks will be able to stack 8 ground). Was just a case of having misread what you were saying.
    Point 2
    Your build is for a pure offense ship.

Excuse me for a moment...er...as I chuckle a bit. Willard? Pure offense? It's not laughing at you by any means. Since I don't recognize you, I would be surprised if you knew about my build on Willard. Sure, I've posted it countless times in sections of the forums I would have expected you were reading based on some of the things you've said...but hey, that was an assumption on my part and my bad...

Here's the BOFF layout for Willard.

TS1, APD1, TS3, APO1
    TT1

ET1, AtS1
    PH1, ST2, GW1
    HE1, HE2

Since my ship has to fly in between exploding cubes sometimes 3 or 4 cubes, exploding spheres, and a Klingons doing a sneak attack. I need whatever skill passive buff as possible to my hull and shield. In essence on the regular Holodeck. I have my primary shielding with a secondary then backup shield and hull repair.

I uh...
    On Tribble. I need to use two buffs for those now which doesn't even comes close. 1 shield buff and 1 hull buff.

That leaves me with two passive buffs which leaves Omega Weapons Training and Advance Targeting.

Er...why?
    As it stands, I have to run with

Superior Shield Repair
    Fortified hull
    Advance Targeting
    and Omega Weapons Training

On Tribble, those would be...

Superior Shield Repair is giving you 360 per facing every 6 seconds.
    Fortified Hull is giving you 2325 hull before taking into account effective hull from damage resists.
    Advanced Targeting Systems is giving you +20% CrtD...what's your Acc and CrtH?
    Omega Weapon Training's +10% non-base All Damage is pretty nifty.

That's if you're still flying this: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=romulanfedhafehfad_4634

Saw it in your post in the PvP forums...but that was over a month ago or so, no? Meh, I'm asleep - so I forgot already...bah! 1AM...meh! Rambling am I. But that's probably the build you made significant changes to as you mentioned in an earlier post...and while I don't give build advice (I'll discuss mechanics until everybody's eyes pop out - but I leave it up to the person to put it together with advice from folks that give that kind of advice)...there are folks that could probably offer suggestions on what you might want to take with the changes on Tribble and how that might work out best for you.
    edited March 2014
    1. I am running a Romulan Ha'feh and it's definitely not soft. I just want to keep the redudant system just in case two cubes hits me with 40/50k+ hits, while a klingon is doing a alpha attack on me.

How on Earth are you getting hit that hard by anything outside of an overgeared player doing a Rombush on you?

In that build you linked that I linked - there's no skill build.

No Threat Control? No Hull Plating? No Armor Reinforcements?

That BOFF layout had no TT for debuff cleanses, had ET and ST - which offer no resist boosting. It has a single E-Neut giving +21.2 DRR.

edit: Just noticed the AllRes on the Turn...so more than just the E-Neut.

Borg shields with 0.9 shield mod (unless you've upgraded to the Fleet Ha'feh in the interim)...

It kind of looks like a ship built for PvE - where the combination of their slower rate of fire and lower damage - would allow for all the passive healing and proc healing and lack of resist...and well...yeah...
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think change is just something to complain about.

Lets all face facts.

Everyone has been done there omega rep for a year or more.... Still I was logged in a few hours ago there where 90 people in the infected que... another 50 in the Kitomer que.... and I think if you added all the people in the Nukura / Romulan rep stuff there was perhaps 20 people in total.

These people aren't doing pve for there reps anymore... unless they really must have every mk xii omega set. I guess that's possible. :)

EVen the Devs have had geek out moments, anyone who has a choosen mmo does. You want to have it all, if its for status or that craving for your daily food pellet...they....we hunger for the perks/accolades....even my version of CatStar in champs earned the achievement and title of "Army of One" for going Goku on an army from the underworld. (RR ref)
    edited March 2014
    Er...

On Tribble, those would be...

Superior Shield Repair is giving you 360 per facing every 6 seconds.
    Fortified Hull is giving you 2325 hull before taking into account effective hull from damage resists.
    Advanced Targeting Systems is giving you +20% CrtD...what's your Acc and CrtH?
    Omega Weapon Training's +10% non-base All Damage is pretty nifty.

Yea. On tribble first round around the rift I was dropped to 20% constant shield. I was able to do the usual damage but I felt it on the defense side. My ship was hurting.

The second time around, A bio ship hit me and my shield/hull dropped to 20%. I was able to pull the same damage level to the ships but against my shields/hull hurt.

Now, on Holodeck. I can have a few(2/3) cubes blow up around me and a Klingon doing a alpha-strike, I hit 70%. If It's direct hits from all three I drop down to 30% but 6/7 seconds I can go back up to 80%. Iif I do a quantum singularity with my heal buffs, I can go back to 90%+.

That's the disparity between my build on Tribble and Holodeck.
    edited March 2014
    How on Earth are you getting hit that hard by anything outside of an overgeared player doing a Rombush on you?

In that build you linked that I linked - there's no skill build.

No Threat Control? No Hull Plating? No Armor Reinforcements?

That BOFF layout had no TT for debuff cleanses, had ET and ST - which offer no resist boosting. It has a single E-Neut giving +21.2 DRR.

Borg shields with 0.9 shield mod (unless you've upgraded to the Fleet Ha'feh in the interim)...

It kind of looks like a ship built for PvE - where the combination of their slower rate of fire and lower damage - would allow for all the passive healing and proc healing and lack of resist...and well...yeah...

Go into the middle of Kerrat and blow up whatever is in sight. My BOFF layout abilities is different then what I have on the Academy page.
    edited March 2014
    Yea. On tribble first round around the rift I was dropped to 20% constant shield. I was able to do the usual damage but I felt it on the defense side. My ship was hurting.

The second time around, A bio ship hit me and my shield/hull dropped to 20%. I was able to pull the same damage level to the ships but against my shields/hull hurt.

Now, on Holodeck. I can have a few(2/3) cubes blow up around me and a Klingon doing a alpha-strike, I hit 70%. If It's direct hits from all three I drop down to 30% but 6/7 seconds I can go back up to 80%. Iif I do a quantum singularity with my heal buffs, I can go back to 90%+.

That's the disparity between my build on Tribble and Holodeck.

You know they also fixed an issue with the 2pc Borg proc...right? That's going to affect your bounce back up...it's not going to be as much as on Holo.
    edited March 2014
    You know they also fixed an issue with the 2pc Borg proc...right? That's going to affect your bounce back up...it's not going to be as much as on Holo.

Yea. My build is going hurt from that and the reputation change, defensively. These changes make me feel like Cryptic is throwing me under a rug and then punching me in the face.
  • captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wouldn't it be cool if the cryptic team would listen to us and not do this shi*?
This discussion has been closed.