Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #1: A New Accord

Comments

• Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only one word:

L O L

Dev Blog 2: Hello mister D'Angelo will tell u about the upcoming Federation tutorial revamp!
    Dev Blog 3: Gecko will tell u about the new Borg STF revamp!
    Dev Blog 4: Adjunct will tell u about 'Will we ever get it right the first time?' Revamp.

*Banging head against wall*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The floor not being fixed for years just shows how incompetent Cryptic is.
    But he/she was talking about another graphical issue, much worse than floor missing that renders STO unplayable for many people and has been around S8 with no feedback from Cryptic at all.

I think I actually caught that bug on the 13th, but it was fixed for me on the 14th with the most recent patch.

:confused:

Maybe we should make one giant thread with a list of the actual bugs and problems with the game. That ought to help the devs fix the bugs, and remove Gecko's excuses for not having Tacofags (who deserves Gecko's place) and his guys fix the graphics bugs and the Blood of the Empire map issue.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Maybe we should make one giant thread with a list of the actual bugs and problems with the game. That ought to help the devs fix the bugs, and remove Gecko's excuses for not having Tacofags (who deserves Gecko's place) and his guys fix the graphics bugs and the Blood of the Empire map issue.

You mean something like >THIS<? ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    You mean something like >THIS<? ;)

Sure, just for the entire game.

And then we need to link it and put the link in our sigs and remind Smirk and the devs of it regularly.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You're right of course. A lot of the things regarding the sphere and 8472 don't make any sense what so ever. However, this is how I've chosen to rationalize it.

The Undine is unable to deploy a massive invasion fleet directly into Federation space without it being detected and responded to. However inside/outside the Jenolan sphere the Federation and her allies do not have the capability to either detect or retaliate. Therefore the Undine can use the sphere as a staging point to build a huge fleet and then use the gate to suddenly omgwtfbbq the Dyson spheres defenses.

The Undine can use any point in their own universe not only as a staging area, but an utterly unassailable one. They don't need to co-opt any point in our reality and it's actually counterproductive to their aims to do so.

Really, the Undine are way past their sell-by date and should have been forgotten.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sure, just for the entire game.

And then we need to link it and put the link in our sigs and remind Smirk and the devs of it regularly.

Speaking of Smirk, have you seen my Smirk around somewhere in the last few says? :(

Or is it full moon and Trendy hat to cage him
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Speaking of Smirk, have you seen my Smirk around somewhere in the last few says? :(

Or is it full moon and Trendy hat to cage him

I think he's been sick; he said something to that effect in a PM conversation. I can't repeat it here because TOS, but I think he's been a little under the weather for a couple of days.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I think he's been sick; he said something to that effect in a PM conversation. I can't repeat it here because TOS, but I think he's been a little under the weather for a couple of days.

aaawwwwww...:o
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope if it is a new accord between the Fedrats and the Empire, I hope that in the story line allows Fed Captains to become part of Klingon House Fleets as exchange ships and crews. I know that there are several Fed Captains that have been extremely suspicious of the Federation Council and it's members since there has been such an apparent plethora of infiltrators that have been exposed since the Klingon High Council took matters into our own hands.
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    timezarg wrote: »
    Heck, at this point I'd settle for just a few good maps for PvP use. Using the same 3 arena and 1 C&H maps all the time gets a little boring. Some more obstacle-filled maps like Cracked Planetoid or Briar Patch would be excellent. Or have other environmental effects.

Dream on.

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have visited the new Spacedock via Tribble-Server and love its layout! I will admit it was a little confusing on where to find things at first but after exploring I have almost every location found. I just hope that every other Federation station goes through the same changes and we can explore more of the stations along with more interiors of the ships, because I think the Federation does need more 25th Century interiors than 23rd or 24th Century interiors.

This next spot I dont know if it belongs here but it is some things I for one would like to see happen in the new upcoming Season(s), and talking to a few others on the Star Trek Online open group on Facebook, have also agreed on. Here is a list of what I would like to see happen

- I am not sure this applies to the Klingon side, but being that I mostly play my Federation character, I would like to be able to change the outfits of my Reman BOFF i got grom the Romulan Mystery missions and the Romulan I got from my Fleet's Embassy. I would like to edit especially my Romulan's out fit because she looks like she is a poor Romulan-Bajoran hybrid. Even being able to dress them in the Dyson's Sphere, Winter event, Romulan Embassy, or even the Miner outfits like I can do with my Orion I got for my main character (Fed) would be nice. Granted I would prefer dressing my Romulan-Bajoran hybrid in the Federation-Romulan hybrid outfit. Would also like to see some most of the Romulan hair styles apply to Federation characters, cause some of their styles would look great on a Federation character. I also think we should be able to change appearances of our mission acquired Jem'Hadar and Breen

- I like how the Reman/Romulan/Orion have transporter beams matching their respected sides, I find it a bit odd that the Breen and Jem'Hadar have Federation beams. I would like to see them both get their respected beam patterns as seen in their represented episodes. I also would like to see not just my, but other peoples Liberated Borg BOFFs have the same beam pattern as the Borg instead of the Federation's, Klingon's or Romulan/Remans'. I hope this applies to the Voth, being I havent started the rep system to get a Voth BOFF.

- I like that the Galaxy-X got some nice revisions but I mostly use my Ops Odyssey and would like to see some type of console that allows us to or simply be able to launch both the Chevron and Aquarius at the same time, sort of like the MVAV. Now some people have told me they were able to put the console from that ship on their Ody and do it, I don't know if it is true or not, its just something I think those of us who have all 3 Odyssey Classes should be able to do. Some other players who use the open Facebook forum page agree with me on this one. And while I am on the Odyssey, I personally would love to see a 5th weapon slot for the foreweapons and I have an idea for the empty space under tactical consoles: Why not designate 5 empty slots in that space for Universal Consoles?

- I like some would like to see more Borg episodes added with the possibility of getting Marks instead of Tech rewards. You know sort of like how the New Romulus system is.

- Combatant Pets, Id like to see the Selat cats, Jackal Mastiffs, Targs, Raptor Hatchlings among a few others become combatant like pets like the Acid Horta whether that is a researchable project at Memory Alpha or items available at the C-Store or Lobi Store I think it would be awesome sending a Raptor on a 2 minute...... hunting spree *evil grin*

- Lastly being a person who loves diversity, I would like to see Hirogen, Tholian, Cardassian, Mirror Universe, Undine, Vorta, Deferi, Founder, and Dividian BOFFs become available, with the ability to change their appearances and uniforms and with their represented beam patterns.

*Edit*
    I almost forgot. The daily Tau Dewa Red Alerts. That bug still needs to be fixed. Every time I answer the distress call and go to the battle zone there is nothing but open space saying "Congratulations blah blah blah" and warps me back to sector space. I never actually played the Tau Dewa Red Alert distress calls. So why is this still happening?
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still no Iconians eh?
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm still hoping that they update some of the older space sets. That would go along way in the updating of old content too.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes.. by all means, renig on your statement that PVP overhaul would be season 9.

Dstahl, did you know your contract or time at PWE was coming to an end shortly before season 9 and therefore made that statement knowing that you wouldn't be there to fulfill it and concurrently would allow cryptic/pwe a way out?

Yes, by all means, give ESD an overhaul because it is too cramped etc.

What do I need to do, start a "What is your beef with PvP, Cryptic" thread and keep it going???

If anyone has links as to dstahl making those statements (dev blog, etc..) please post here. I know the entire pvp community believed the PvP revamp was going to be season 9 and that is why oPvP chat is going wild with this latest season 9 news release.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I almost forgot. The daily Tau Dewa Red Alerts. That bug still needs to be fixed. Every time I answer the distress call and go to the battle zone there is nothing but open space saying "Congratulations blah blah blah" and warps me back to sector space. I never actually played the Tau Dewa Red Alert distress calls. So why is this still happening?

I found out that they're actually fixing this one. It'll be part of Season 9
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still no Iconians eh?
    I always imagine the Iconians watching the conflict like a 60s family watching TV and by adding a laughtrack at the best moments, like this:

"I propose a summit..."
    *laughs*
    TO BE CONTINUED!
    Stay tuned for the next episode of "TRIBBLE with the Alpha Quadrant!"! Will the Alpha Quadrant summit succeed? Will the Undine finally realize they've been deceived? Will the captains realize the reputation grinds were our work? All the answers soon, in "TRIBBLE with the Alpha Quadrant Season 9!"! Only on IBS!

And now, it's time for our hourly "Where is Waldo, the Undine Infiltrator?"! You too can win a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship if you're the first to pick up the communication device and give the answer to where is Waldo in this meeting of Alpha Quadrant representatives!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tfomega wrote: »
    Yes.. by all means, renig on your statement that PVP overhaul would be season 9.

Dstahl, did you know your contract or time at PWE was coming to an end shortly before season 9 and therefore made that statement knowing that you wouldn't be there to fulfill it and concurrently would allow cryptic/pwe a way out?

Yes, by all means, give ESD an overhaul because it is too cramped etc.

What do I need to do, start a "What is your beef with PvP, Cryptic" thread and keep it going???

If anyone has links as to dstahl making those statements (dev blog, etc..) please post here. I know the entire pvp community believed the PvP revamp was going to be season 9 and that is why oPvP chat is going wild with this latest season 9 news release.

Ahm... Dan is still working for Perfect Cryptic but is working on another project.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ahm... Dan is still working for Perfect Cryptic but is working on another project.

he maybe gone but ideas that have built up months in advance under stahl have yet to work their way out, this ESD starbase update (disaster as it is) is very likely one of stahl's ideas.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i Always Imagine The Iconians Watching The Conflict Like A 60s Family Watching Tv And By Adding A Laughtrack At The Best Moments, Like This:

"i Propose A Summit..."
    *laughs*
    To Be Continued!
    Stay Tuned For The Next Episode Of "TRIBBLE With The Alpha Quadrant!"! Will The Alpha Quadrant Summit Succeed? Will The Undine Finally Realize They've Been Deceived? Will The Captains Realize The Reputation Grinds Were Our Work? All The Answers Soon, In "TRIBBLE With The Alpha Quadrant Season 9!"! Only On Ibs!

And Now, It's Time For Our Hourly "where Is Waldo, The Undine Infiltrator?"! You Too Can Win A Jem'hadar Attack Ship If You're The First To Pick Up The Communication Device And Give The Answer To Where Is Waldo In This Meeting Of Alpha Quadrant Representatives!

...fund It
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    It was revamped once already. And that was after launch. This is the third iteration of ESD in four years.

If ESD isn't a very fun place to visit, that's a good thing. The idea is to make people want to get away from Earth, not toward it.

Your missing the point. The heart of mmo's is they are surposed to have social zones and sto has nothing. In fact mmo's today have been lacking this in favor of the raiding/gear gameplay. If any of you were old enough to remember how mmo's were pre wow you would see this. The only social in mmo's today is raiding for epic gear. Its like they are trying to bring back something that mmo's had in the past but this generation of mmo players have zero interest in. I remember playing Anarchy Online back in 2000. The cities in that game on the weekends would be packed with so many players hanging out that the game would lag. All the nightclubs would be full of players some roleplaying and others just wanting to be around. Al kinds of in game parties or events would be going on. This games four year event was all about grinding for a new ship.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jarfaru wrote: »
    This games four year event was all about grinding for a new ship.

Ahh, the grindaversary.

We'll be talking about it (and shuddering) for years.
  • Options
    ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Season 9: A New (Federation-Klingon) Accord?
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Ahh, the grindaversary.

Nah. Many more to come from where that came from.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Ahh, the grindaversary.

Until next year, you mean. Then we'll be talking about that one for twelve months.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Until next year, you mean. Then we'll be talking about that one for twelve months.

No, we won't - because there'll be a NEW grind event in the Summer; and then the Winter (Christmas) grind event - the Grind Trek never stops:eek:
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    he maybe gone but ideas that have built up months in advance under stahl have yet to work their way out, this ESD starbase update (disaster as it is) is very likely one of stahl's ideas.

Yes and how many times is ESD going to be revamped before they take a look at 1 thing concerning pvp?

Dstahl, if you remember correctly on your last vote thread, PvP wasn't too far down on that list of things people wanted and yet we have to live through another ESD revamp?

I see that everything happens except for PvP... rom faction, kdf content, etc.. but PvP is overlooked again.

In fact.. PvP came in 4th on the list OUT OF 10!!!!! And here it is...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=379951&highlight=poll+vote+content

Tell me how, in the name of all that is holy, we could be going through another ESD revamp before we actually get some serious thought to PvP?

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes and how many times is ESD going to be revamped before they take a look at 1 thing concerning pvp?

pvp is a minority of the playerbase, the majority want content and nothing will ever change that, so PWE focus on content everytime.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pvp is a minority of the playerbase, the majority want content and nothing will ever change that, so PWE focus on content everytime.

That's an old argument. it is a minority due to cryptic's fault.

They don't even know how many pvpers actually exist. They sure as hell can't judge by the queue spawn since they have botched them up for the last eternity. How are they going to tell via Ker'rat when you have farmers and pvpers? They have no reliable reporting mechanism to actually judge just how many pvper there are in the game, so how can you say it is a minority?

They will soon find out just how much money pvp brought in when citizen comes out. I have spent thousands on this game, and they are going to feel that loss when people like me leave, because it will add up.

And that is when it will hit them where it hurts them most.. their wallet.

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's an old argument. it is a minority due to cryptic's fault.

They don't even know how many pvpers actually exist. They sure as hell can't judge by the queue spawn since they have botched them up for the last eternity. How are they going to tell via Ker'rat when you have farmers and pvpers? They have no reliable reporting mechanism to actually judge just how many pvper there are in the game, so how can you say it is a minority?

They will soon find out just how much money pvp brought in when citizen comes out. I have spent thousands on this game, and they are going to feel that loss when people like me leave, because it will add up.

And that is when it will hit them where it hurts them most.. their wallet.

LOL!!! well thank you for supporting the game all alone. :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png