What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy "Reboot" Feedback

Comments

• Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Something interesting HAS happened now, though. While the Galaxy itself has not really changed, they've uncoupled the Team cooldowns, so having 3 Engi Ensigns no longer mires you in incurable Cooldown Hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Something interesting HAS happened now, though. While the Galaxy itself has not really changed, they've uncoupled the Team cooldowns, so having 3 Engi Ensigns no longer mires you in incurable Cooldown Hell.

as in the team abilities do not cause cool down on each other? REALLY!?
  • Options
    wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited March 2014

wait, what? so people can use eng team and sci team and tac team all at once or what?
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Is that my fault for starting a thread criticizing teams and their not being placed under the non-existent "command division" during my earlier multi-thread critique of how this Dreadnought's boff revision is tantamount to running head first into a wall?
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is a huge change, honestly will help ensign engineering alot. But there are still issues with in the engineering tree that need to be looked at. As well as science.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Meh, 3 eng ensigns isn't that bad even now, it just takes some thinking.

The real "issue" now (and I don't care personally, the X is good enough for me) is that the X has the same hull and shield, the same toys, *MORE* toys, and is more versitile then the R.

Where before the Gal-R did fill a niche that no other ship could fill quite as well (contrary to popular beileif, she was still the best damage reduction tank Fedside, just just took a captain that actually understood how to deal with all that engineering... it CAN be done!) now even for that roll I would fly the Gal-X... with the amount of universal consoles about I can make due being short one eng and one sci console...

Apparently, they want it to be a progression from Gal to Gal-R to Gal-X. I can live with that, I just find it odd that we have R's and X's at the same tier. It seems clunky still.

I'll just fly my X, it's only a nacelle, after all, and separated the 3rd nacelle looks ok.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Honestly ... are you that lazy?

Sometimes icons arent created but they are still on the powers list to be dragged, I checked in Tribble to see if the icon was missing but it was there, it was on my tray and on my power list and better yet, I see a Galaxy-X separating with trail of shuttles behind it so its not as if I am the only one with a functional ship.

I beg your pardon. I'm not stupid.

Equipped the saucer separation on my Fleet Gal-R. When I opened the panel to assign "boff powers to tray", there was no Saucer Separation.

Pretty sure one of the only people dedicated to making a Fleet Galaxy work in PvP knows how to open up the tray slotting menu.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I beg your pardon. I'm not stupid.

Equipped the saucer separation on my Fleet Gal-R. When I opened the panel to assign "boff powers to tray", there was no Saucer Separation.

Pretty sure one of the only people dedicated to making a Fleet Galaxy work in PvP knows how to open up the tray slotting menu.

I was just using it on Tribble fine once I dragged it to my bars.

Ultimately though, still not going to use my Fleet Galaxy or get the Fleet version of the Dreadnaught.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is a huge change, honestly will help ensign engineering alot. But there are still issues with in the engineering tree that need to be looked at. As well as science.

I am just concerned about people running around with tac team 1, sci team 3, and eng team 3 all going every 15 seconds (which sounds like that would be totally possible now). Of course it's just going to tribble for testing, It might survive to holodeck, but some how I doubt that... I wonder if it is the dev's answer to the threads that have been floating around about tac team shield distro being OP and needing some on the other teams and whatnot. Removing the shared cool is probably easier than all the coding that might go in to what others have suggested. So probably figured they'd give it a go. "You want tac team shield distribution on all teams? WE GIVE YOU ALL TEAMS AT ONCE!"
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is also going to be one hell of a hit to sub nuke builds...

Half the things I do with my sub nuke now work because you have to choose between getting your tac team back up or clearing the sub nuke with sci team... now you just do both.

*Shrug* something needs to give on tac team. If this doesn't work then something else. Personally, I think they should have just improved the built in shield redistribution functions and been done with it. Outside of PvP tac team is just as optional as any other skill, anyway, if they are really looking into PvP for next season worrying about what balance looks like during the growing pains period is kinda silly. I'll wait and see.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Since you think I'm crazy (or a fat lazy TRIBBLE). Here's a fresh new screenshot of my Galaxy-class storage ship on Tribble.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/stardestroyer001/Star%20Trek%20Online%20Photos/Ship%20Builds/Untitled_zps2d331363.png

And that is called "proof".
    f2pdrakron wrote:
    Honestly ... are you that lazy?
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am just concerned about people running around with tac team 1, sci team 3, and eng team 3 all going every 15 seconds (which sounds like that would be totally possible now). Of course it's just going to tribble for testing, It might survive to holodeck, but some how I doubt that... I wonder if it is the dev's answer to the threads that have been floating around about tac team shield distro being OP and needing some on the other teams and whatnot. Removing the shared cool is probably easier than all the coding that might go in to what others have suggested. So probably figured they'd give it a go. "You want tac team shield distribution on all teams? WE GIVE YOU ALL TEAMS AT ONCE!"

Haz emitter 3 > science team 3

and engineering 3 < emergency power to shields 3 IMO

so that's not the big issue but yah I can see how this is likely to hurt subnuker....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    It is also going to be one hell of a hit to sub nuke builds...

Half the things I do with my sub nuke now work because you have to choose between getting your tac team back up or clearing the sub nuke with sci team... now you just do both.

*Shrug* something needs to give on tac team. If this doesn't work then something else. Personally, I think they should have just improved the built in shield redistribution functions and been done with it. Outside of PvP tac team is just as optional as any other skill.

It's going to hit alot of builds hard, now subnuke, sensor scan, and scramble/jam sensors won't be that big of a deal, viral matrix and subsystem disables can be frequently cleared, and boarding party and all tactical debuffs will be wiped right off. Especially since every ship can fly with at least level 1 of each of these abilities in place without much sacrifice, and if they put the doffs into it, they'd have all three available on global. Maybe the devs are thinking that the amount of doff/at least ensign powers that would have to go into creating such a build would be enough 'sacrifice" to be worth it.

I agree something needs to give on tac team, hence the multiple threads over the years about it, and buffing manual distribution probably would have been a less potentially-breaky way to go. Though getting that just right since it works on totally different mechanics than tac team would probably not be very easy.

Personally, I find tac team essential even in pve, at least in elite PVE, I find that sci/eng team just won't keep me alive as well as tac team will when fighting some uber borg.
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since you think I'm crazy (or a fat lazy TRIBBLE). Here's a fresh new screenshot of my Galaxy-class storage ship on Tribble.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/stardestroyer001/Star%20Trek%20Online%20Photos/Ship%20Builds/Untitled_zps2d331363.png

And that is called "proof".
    http://i.imgur.com/C2Fen0E.jpg

There's soemthing wrong with your ship/character. Course I had this console on the ship already, so maybe that's bugged.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    They really should be made available at Rear Admiral, they are T5 ships and cost the same as Rear Admiral ships ... there is no confusion over it and the current placement seems to be a relic of the days of the VA token.

People go from RA to VA so quickly that a change in tier wouldn't really make a big difference, and since all fleet ships are VA, it still wouldn't eliminate that oddness of making the gal-x so much better than the galaxy... to the point of even giving it a uni ensign so one could use a galaxy build on it if they wanted to. I realize that people who bought all three of these ships years might feel gypped that they're getting a cheaper bundle, but this is super extra sore for me cause I JUST caved and finally got the VA and captain galaxy like last week... missed the zen sale and the ships I just bought got bundled into something I totally would have waited and gotten. -.- *hufffffffff* could at least give people who have pieces of the bundle a discount on getting other bits >> lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »

There's soemthing wrong with your ship/character. Course I had this console on the ship already, so maybe that's bugged.

I deleted and re-uploaded my Fed Engineer to Tribble before I took that picture. It's definitely something on their side.

The Galaxy-X appears to be fine though. The problem may reside with just Galaxy-class ships.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Haz emitter 3 > science team 3

and engineering 3 < emergency power to shields 3 IMO

so that's not the big issue but yah I can see how this is likely to hurt subnuker....

With so much shield bypass creeping in, I'd probably want hazard 3 and eng team three for maximum power to hull.

Though this change would be conducive to using two eng team 1 on a ship with two eng ensigns and could go with emergency power to shields and weapons 3 now plus cycling tac teams... that'd be pretty spiffapodimous...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sometimes things just break, sucks pretty hard if this is related just to the console if its a Vet token ship because you cannot reclaim it but otherwise, just dismiss the ship and get a new one ... lets see what happens when it huts Holo, hope it doesnt because ... that would be bad for people that cannot just dismiss it.

Not to mention the people who have paid fleet credits and FSMs for the Fleet Galaxy as well.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my suggestion:

ltcom tac, lt uni, com eng, ens sci

3tac, 5eng, 1sci console (+1 sci/eng for fleet)

1 hangar

no saucer sep (thats non-canon, cause the lance is fixed to the hull as i think)

cloak upgraded to battlecloak (maybe make it inherent, to prevent buffing other ships as well, and let the lance become console therefore, would be more in line with vesta/avenger bonus-burst abilitiy consoles)

that would have been sth i would have judged worthy. im not playing the galX but i feel with those playing that ship. its not good, and it doesnt get any better.

the main concept of the galX is flawed:

its a totally eng focussed tank cruiser, with NO turn, that can wield cannons for no reason, since its a tank, and has no BOseats to use rapidfire usefully.
    it has a burst- special ability, that has no use in a tank.
    its a off variant of a galaxy as per canon, but this ship totally lacks

consoles AND bos for that!!!, every other cruiser is superior in offense, the only two that are not are:

the starcruiser and the gal refit itself.

the only tactical benefit that this ship has, is the lance itself. a 3minute cd i guess?

the main concept is flawed, and thats why the avenger on the other hand feels so OP for everyone: its a MATCHING design of: enough turn for cannons, enough bo for cannons and enough tacconsoles, AND a burst-ability, and a decent defense via eng.

so. the galX will still be a ship, that has no "determination" in role. (what is it for? a tank ship? there are many better out there, its a dmg-cruiser hybrid? way to weak for that.)

its like a wow-paladin. it has all, but nothing really, and is way to defensive, even if its called retribution-paladin ...

noone really needs more than one commander eng for defense (sif3, epts3, rsp1,engteam1). noone really needs more than two or three scislots (hazard+tss+sciteam for counters maybe)

so the ens uni will go toooo? tac, as it was before ...

really, even if i dont even have the ship, i feel quite annoyed by that "reboot"

this reboot will certainly end up as a bluescreen ...

just to add that: even the f***in nebula has a better seating: it can have 2 lt tac (because of the lt uni and a lt tac), which offers beta1, spread2, faw1 and tacteam, while giving up almost NO defense.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Another note... this would largely eliminate much of the need for healing coordination between team mates, you don't need to use your tac team while they sci/eng team you, cause you might be using all three at once now... plus if they send you all three of yours... ermagerd, the era of full power to unkillable has begun. (but will likely immediately get shut down :P)
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The "Reboot-Bundle" is on Tribble now. It matches the announcement precisely. Also, the FLEET dreadnought is posted - it is identical save for the +0.1 shield modifier, +4000 hull, and the addition of a tactical console PLUS the change of one science console to tactical.

Also, Tactical, Engineering, and Science teams are not starting a cooldown when used. This may or may not be a bug.

The "Dreadnought" is 2500 zen (no modules).

The "Fleet Dreadnought" is 2500 zen (5 modules).

Both have the phaser lance and the latter has superior stats. Given the costs of the bundle, the fact that you do not need it to get saucer separation or a cloak, and the aforementioned superiority of the "fleet" version (which many arbitrary proponents of "Fleet" ships have pointed out can be obtained for EC) - how is the "Dreadnought-reboot" being obsolete and superfluous before it is even deployed demonstrative of a sound-business decision?

I am considering the long-term here and emphasizing that "Fleet" is where a lot of emphasis is clearly being placed instead of significant, quality content. How far does Cryptic plan on having "FLEET IZ SEW GUD" carry this game?

I find this odd as they had a prime opportunity to show off what they have been implementing and they face-rolled it a bit.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »

I was loading up Tribble to test out the R and X but I do not have any Fed Characters loaded over there an the old copy character page redirects to ARC now.

How do I copy a character over to Tribble now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    errab wrote: »
    I was loading up Tribble to test out the R and X but I do not have any Fed Characters loaded over there an the old copy character page redirects to ARC now.

How do I copy a character over to Tribble now?

Good question, I was puzzled as well. Here's a summary how:

1) Go to http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test
    2) While the popup box is running, just wait. Around teh 0 mark, hit Escape often and very fast.
    3) The countdown should stop. Right click on the popup box and hit Inspect Element.
    4) In the list, move the mouse up and down (up) until the screen highlights everything in light blue. This should be something like "outdoors" or something like that in the list. Right click and delete node/item.
    5) Use the tribble feature like the instructions tell ya.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    davideight wrote: »
    my suggestion:

*snip*

Changing the boff seating is a non-starter. The devs aren't going to significantly change the layout of an already established ship, the most people could hope for is a revision of boff skills that would make the layout more favorable.

Upping the turn rate is totally possible, the gal-x has much larger engines than the galaxy, at least on the original version, so that could be used as an excuse.... though it is now toting around that massive third leg, so that could be why the turn rate stays the same... but yeah, upping the turn rate would be helpful for those who wish to use cannons... that or giving it a battle cloak as it could cloak to reposition like a d'deridex can. However, I think the devs wan't to keep battle cloak out of fed hands, though with romulan battle cloak running rampant, I don't see why ONE or a couple fed ships with battle coak would be a big issue. Though I'm also a firm beliver that all cloak should be battle cloak, and thus nearly all klingon and romulan ships could cloak, and feds battle cloaking would be a rarity only on a few select ships. Plus all those ships would require a console to cloak, so they would be giving up something to do it while romulans and klingons would have it built in.

I think the lance still needs a massive cool down reduction and boost to accuracy, but other than that, I'm saving up. I wants me a galaxy-x. And it would be nice if it cost me like 1000 zen since I have the other two galaxy ships >> yes devs? yes? please?... PUHLEASE? -.- *huff*
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is just sad. I feel like its a slap in the face. And the devs are lurking on the boards laughing at us. They must be too. The blog says it will be in line with other dreads. How is this in line with the other ships. What a joke. Do they even know what the stats are on those other ships. This update is not even worth pulling out my Galaxy X for.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Good question, I was puzzled as well. Here's a summary how:

1) Go to http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test
    2) While the popup box is running, just wait. Around teh 0 mark, hit Escape often and very fast.
    3) The countdown should stop. Right click on the popup box and hit Inspect Element.
    4) In the list, move the mouse up and down (up) until the screen highlights everything in light blue. This should be something like "outdoors" or something like that in the list. Right click and delete node/item.
    5) Use the tribble feature like the instructions tell ya.

Thanks that worked!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Saucer Separation does not show up on my power tray using the X even with the console equipped.

Edit:

Got it to show up after changing ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]