Comments

• caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    REPORT ON RECENT BATTLE

[Translated from Nausicaan dialect]

Level 5 Priority Message

To: Klingon Defense Force Division Headquarters

Lo!

Great glory in battle, and much honor earned today! I, General Tlaeth, successfully vanquished the [UNTRANSLATABLE] Terran Empire from our Romulan ally's deep-space station! Their toothless ships fell before my disruptors like the weak [UNTRANSLATABLE], [UNTRANSLATABLE] officers that manned them! They were no match for the power of my Javalin, as I ripped their ships asunder!

The glorious battle was joined by a number of Starfleet officers, and even one of our Romulan allies! To my surprise, the puny Starfleets showed great guramba in battle! We drank well after the battle, and one was even willing to attempt to best me in personal combat!

The spoils of war fill the N.F.S. Tyk'is' cargo hold! Technologies I alone stole from the [UNTRANSLATABLE] Terran Empire as its ships fell apart! Powerful weapons from the alternate dimension, which the Klingon Empire will undoubtedly grow stronger with!

(was really fun guys can't wait until I get on again :3 )
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had SO much fun again! Thank you all captains!
    I usually just want to run one or two missions, but it always gets way more. Last night it ended with me buying the Exeter and spending my last fleet credits and dilithium to make it fit for battle. It performs surprisingly well TRIBBLE aux2bat boat! Definitely my new STB flagship!
    Among other things we played an ISE with two Exeters and had 2 minutes left on the optional. A perfect run. It's all about teamwork and communication! CSE? Assimilate this! Starbase 24? Okay, this one is hard with low hull :)

I uploaded a few more shots to the album: http://imgur.com/a/oqjdu
  • drebinfrankltdrebinfranklt Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Hello, I will send the invite when I get in game tonight.
    Hı!
    I guess ıt's hard to meet ın-game, so maybe better to send in-game email invite and we'll find captains who are currently online at any given time (GMT +7) :)

I still need 2 more phaser beams for Oddy from replaying "Everything Old is New" episode :rolleyes:
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Very Nice.

/10 char

Hey RS,

Can you invite and Welcome our new Captain below if I can't get to it first?

thanks
    Hı!
    I guess ıt's hard to meet ın-game, so maybe better to send in-game email invite and we'll find captains who are currently online at any given time (GMT +7) :)

I still need 2 more phaser beams for Oddy from replaying "Everything Old is New" episode :rolleyes:

Hello Captain,

I saw you online just before the maintenance and tried to get a hold of you via PM.

Myself or Risingstar will be able to get you in channel, we like to be able to welcome every new Captain that joins STB TF in chat.

I will also send you and email in game.

thanks again for the interest and hope to fly with you soon!
  • drebinfrankltdrebinfranklt Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I saw you online just before the maintenance and tried to get a hold of you via PM.

Sorry, captain!
    When I'm on duty I dont't check my PM so often :cool: I'll try to get in after the maintenance
    edited April 2014
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    I had SO much fun again! Thank you all captains!
    I usually just want to run one or two missions, but it always gets way more. Last night it ended with me buying the Exeter and spending my last fleet credits and dilithium to make it fit for battle. It performs surprisingly well TRIBBLE aux2bat boat! Definitely my new STB flagship!
    Among other things we played an ISE with two Exeters and had 2 minutes left on the optional. A perfect run. It's all about teamwork and communication! CSE? Assimilate this! Starbase 24? Okay, this one is hard with low hull :)

I uploaded a few more shots to the album: http://imgur.com/a/oqjdu

Wow thanks for shots!... VERY nice indeed with a hint of EPIC! Hahahahah!

Last night was AWESOME!

I am liking your new ship.... you and Gantri I believe?

When we did cure I didnt' even realize there were 2 Connie's!.... So much WIN! AND we still finished with time to spare! hahahaha!

I am gratefull that you have decided to join an stay in STB... I look forward to more pew pew!

LL&PP! (Live Long & Pew Pew)
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Were the Connie's effective? Anyone got a good build that works?

I got TOS and Refit Constitutions. I usually put Rep gear on with 2x dual beam arrays in front and a beam and photon torp in back of my Tier II. It does ok in Tau Dawa, would like to take it into something more challenging.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Triz, I will get the invite sent as soon as I get online (helps having a dual monitor setup).

I'm still playing around with the video capture program I am using (Fraps, as its free) for our battles. Not sure how they'll turn out when I convert the video to flv for youtube. But, once I have one ready, the link will be posted here. If anyone knows of a better program, please let me know.

Given the success of the lower tier vessels, I may pull some of mine out of storage. Once I have available spaces, of course. My main is completely stocked atm.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    Ok, generally when does everyone start getting online? I am usually available 10PM PT (GMT -8), sometimes earlier.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited April 2014
    Caasicam, I was checking out the links in your sig and thought the last link of your signature was going to take me to a self-help build advise thread.

You might want to reword it a little to include something that mentions STB. Just a thought anyways. :)
    edited April 2014
    I'm usually online Mon - Thur about 1430 MST (GMT-7). Fridays, I usually play a table-top Pathfinder game and generally not available (though I do sometimes get on during downtime to run DOff's). Saturday and Sunday are usually toss ups for me.

Also, I would like to get a sign-up sheet going for a Full STB Starbase Defense (the 20-person Fleet Action). Time and Date to be determined at this time.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Caasicam, I was checking out the links in your sig and thought the last link of your signature was going to take me to a self-help build advise thread.

You might want to reword it a little to include something that mentions STB. Just a thought anyways. :)

(shhhhhhhh i'm advertising all stealth-like)

But yeah, I haven't touched my sig in a while. Will probably update it with more descriptive describing words to attempt to describe this indescribably awesome channel. ;3
    edited April 2014
    I don't have fixed times.
    As for the Connie, I use the Refit (Exeter). I run an Aux2Bat Build On it. Both Lt. ENG Slots are AUx2Bat obviously. Ensign ENG are EPtS and Engineering Team, Ensign SCI is TTS, Ensign TAC Beam Fire at will. ENG and SCI Console slots are filled with universal consoles. The single TAC console has a phaser energy console. Soon to be exchanged with a Fleet Spire + CritH one.
    Front has the Gravimetric Photon from the Dyson Rep. The other front slot and both aft slots have elite fleet phasers.
    On a Tac Captain that scored 3500 dps in ISE. So within the 3-5k we want for STB.
    Hit me up ingame if you want more information.
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am interested in this. How is it working out?
    edited April 2014
    I am interested in this. How is it working out?

Hello and thanks for your interest.

Well since I started the channel I would say pretty good:D

For the past month it seems that when I'm on there are teams forming even without me. The people in STB are very friendly and totally get the visions of what STB is. What I've found is that make sure you have time to invest in it as sometimes it takes time to get the full experience out of a team as we do briefings/warp out/in as group so sometimes 1 STF can take 30mins.

I can also say that my fellow STB Captains are helpful and will offer up phasers that fit the build of an STB ship in channel just so that everyone can be outfitted.

In the end it is all about trying to make STO fun and changing up the pace of your daily grind.

I hope you take further interest and give STB a shot.

You can contact me in game @trizeo1 or leave your handle here.

• icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello Captains. @Lord-Ice here. I ran SB 24 with a few nice gents the other day, and I enjoyed it. I've been busy, but I've popped ion with an idea.

We all have canon ship builds here. I'm sure SOME of us have Jem'Hadar/Cardassian ships. So, I'll pitch here what I pitched earlier (about 14 months ago, before LoR, original thread here). How about... we do... a Dominion War Reenactment?

It wouldn't be terribly difficult, and the only added restrictions would be "period ships" - i.e., no 2380s and up ships, no Scim, no Connies. KDF ships would only partially have this since Klinks really don't have a lot of canon ships. As someone incredibly fond of the Dominion War arc, it's something I've wanted to do for a while. It'd be neat, I think.
    edited April 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Hello Captains. @Lord-Ice here. I ran SB 24 with a few nice gents the other day, and I enjoyed it. I've been busy, but I've popped ion with an idea.

We all have canon ship builds here. I'm sure SOME of us have Jem'Hadar/Cardassian ships. So, I'll pitch here what I pitched earlier (about 14 months ago, before LoR, original thread here). How about... we do... a Dominion War Reenactment?

It wouldn't be terribly difficult, and the only added restrictions would be "period ships" - i.e., no 2380s and up ships, no Scim, no Connies. KDF ships would only partially have this since Klinks really don't have a lot of canon ships. As someone incredibly fond of the Dominion War arc, it's something I've wanted to do for a while. It'd be neat, I think.

Since we've pretty much ruled out PvP, there would only be one way to accomplish this, the 4400 series. And I've been wanting to recreate the 3rd Battle of Chintoka for some time now.

And the Klinks would be limited to BoP's, K'Tinga's, Vor'cha, and Negh'var class ships. Still plenty to choose from.

Our Battles
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey, Rygo! I haven't seen you around in a little while, hows it going?

Running TOS-era ships earlier was fun. Missed out with my D7, but it was neat to pull out the T'varo again!
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From this, do I take it that you have been promoted to Admin/Operator Risingstar?
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
    edited April 2014
    From this, do I take it that you have been promoted to Admin/Operator Risingstar?

I have been promoted to an Admin of the channel. Happened last night (04/03/14) as a matter of fact.

Unless you're talking about the PvP aspect. Trizeo and a few others have stated that PvP more than likely won't happen a few times in this thread. And that is an area that I am really unsure of.

-risingstar2009

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    icegavel wrote: »

Hello Captain,

Sorry for not getting back to you right away.

I've mentioned this before, I myself am NOT a pvper. I have done it before and even with Steve here within STB. Am I saying that I would be opposed to it... no. I am willing to give it a try if we get enough together but I would add Steve's flare to it. Here were his rules.

- NO BOFF powers
    - NO usage of end game sets
    - NO consoles of any kind
    - Ships are to use the SAME MK type of Shields, deflector, engines & warp core
    - Ships are to use the SAME MK of weapons

This would keep the playing field level.

Again I will stress that I am NOT a pvper and rather enjoy more blowing up the npc's but if people are willing to try it out I'd be game but the rules would have to be strictly followed to be fair.
    edited April 2014
    I have been promoted to an Admin of the channel. Happened last night (04/03/14) as a matter of fact.

Unless you're talking about the PvP aspect. Trizeo and a few others have stated that PvP more than likely won't happen a few times in this thread. And that is an area that I am really unsure of.

-risingstar2009

ZACKY! hahaha!

Yups I promoted RS to Admin as sometimes I'm not around all the time so it just gives more chance to invite people.

To those reading this the Admins of STB are the following

@reyan01 (Etilen)
    @jindaro (Solona)
    @admiraltrappitt (Zacky/Sud)
    @archangel (David/Jerick)
    @risingstar2009 (Emira)

And of course myself @trizeo1 (Trizeo/ZED/Tuzak/J'war)

When it comes to the PvP portion RS... I just don't want to have anyone really feel like they have to. Like I mentioned before I will try it out but I'd rather blow up npcs:)
    edited April 2014
    sevmrage wrote: »
    Hey, Rygo! I haven't seen you around in a little while, hows it going?

Running TOS-era ships earlier was fun. Missed out with my D7, but it was neat to pull out the T'varo again!

I missed out on that run. I have to decide what to get tho....

sounded like they had fun on CE elite! hahahaha!
    edited April 2014
    I think that I would enjoy a STB PvP match, as currently PvP is far too powercreepy for me to enjoy in any respect. (Besides the occasional time when I dump all equipment and weapons out the airlock and just full impulse around Ker'rat.)

I'd be willing to help organize such an event, if there's enough interest in a STB PvP.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you wait until S9 drops, you can also eliminate traits from the equation, putting people on even more even footing.

I'd be willing to give it a shot.
    edited April 2014
    Last night we had a lot of fun gathering all the Enterprises we could get for a shooting and Starbase 24 action.
    Thanks to STOs /demorecord feature I was able to get some nice screenshots. A lot actually, so I put them into a seperate album.
    You can see it here: http://imgur.com/a/tpjzA
    Thanks everyone who participated!

Before the Enterprise Shooting we were trying to get all the Series Ships together. Unfortunately we did not get a Galaxy. So with our four ships we decided to pug a Starbase Defense. And we were grouped with a Galaxy-X. Good enough! Zaphod Beeblebrox@DOCTORGONZO42 was so kind to stay for a screenshot. Thank you captain!
    http://i.imgur.com/bCMyZUF.jpg
    A gallery of his pretty awesome ship can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/jyK3u

When loading the replay for the first time I had an interesting graphics glitch which resulted in having a blue background instead of the stars. I decided to take a few pictures and load them up. Maybe one of the participants has use for it for photoshopping or sth.: http://imgur.com/a/pImwD
  • kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I missed out on that run. I have to decide what to get tho....

sounded like they had fun on CE elite! hahahaha!

Nah, we bailed out halfway through. Shame, I think we could have taken it if we'd stuck with it. It was fun, though. I'd love to do it again.
    edited April 2014
    We did bail out on the CCE event as it was one-shotting just about everyone that was getting in to range.

Now that I have a better than T1 ship, i think I could do a bit better in it.

Btw, you guys are missing 1 Enterprise, excluding the -F. The Original NCC-1701.

Our Battles
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /delurk

I'm interested in this project! But before I dip my foot in the water I'm curious with some questions( I have not read the entire thread):

What are the current rules for ship gear? I read post #1 but I'm wondering if it's been updated ...
    Should I learn the ins and outs of the STF itself before I join a STB group? I have yet to play any STFs (other than MU event).
    Is this solely for STFs or are mission replays done? I've played them all but I replay for accolades.

That's about it for now. The few pages I read through answered some others.

Thank you for your patience!
    edited April 2014
    /delurk

I'm interested in this project! But before I dip my foot in the water I'm curious with some questions( I have not read the entire thread):

What are the current rules for ship gear? I read post #1 but I'm wondering if it's been updated ...
    Should I learn the ins and outs of the STF itself before I join a STB group? I have yet to play any STFs (other than MU event).
    Is this solely for STFs or are mission replays done? I've played them all but I replay for accolades.

That's about it for now. The few pages I read through answered some others.

Thank you for your patience!

Hello and Thank you for your interest,

Well for ship gear the only thing I ask be changed is the DPS output. I currently run MK X blues phasers, quants, photons with matching tac consoles also MK X blues. That gives me roughly anywhere from 3 - 7K dps and I think 5K is a good number to shoot for.

Use race specific weapons... self explanitory but feel free to ask if any questions on that.

We can fill you in on the stf's if you require.. ANYONE in chat will be able to answer or walk you thru the stfs. We are all pretty helpful which is one of the points that have made me so proud of this channel.

We do whatever the game allows us to do space and some ground as well.

Leave your @handle here or contact me in game @trizeo1.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.