What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think we all got bounced at the same time.

Tomorrow it is.

Risingstar signing off for the night.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think we all got bounced at the same time.

Tomorrow it is.

Risingstar signing off for the night.

I thought I was the only one!

Sorry as well Risingstar I didn't get your PM on tribble.. I was checking the forums. By the time I got back in you had logged off.

Wanted to share my thoughts on last nights ISE team.

I think it was the funnest one to date for me.

We all worked together beautifully especially when it came to the generators.... we brought them down to 20% then everyone called ready then we all opened fire and blew them up relatively at the same time. We didn't have any sci ship with us so we really had to focus fire on the generator. Did it both times perfectly and we all hit up the tac cube first then coverged on the gate.

We had 2 new captains join us as well in that stf and one of them was flyn a connie!

I think we had like 2 mins left on the timer or maybe less.

All in all it was fun then we were going into a SB24 and right in the thick of it we all got dc'd:(

all good though... there will always be other times:)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    My friend Input told me about you guys, and I'm interested. I may need to get a few Mk X Phasers, but I can probably kit my Ambassador to fly with you (it's got my Gal-X's old Phaser beams, since I switched to AP for my main build, but I think most of those are XIIs - well, maybe 4 of them). That is, if you'll have a 90-year-old Redskin who fought the Jem'Hadar the first go-round. Handle's @Lord-Ice.

Hey,

If you need a hand in outfitting I know the members of STB actually just give the phasers or consoles they get from time to time. I have some phasers and quants if you need as well.

Take your time in setting up your ship... there is no rush.

Look forward to flyn with ya!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I asked for an invite a while back but never heard anything, and it kind of slipped my mind. I'd still be interested in trying this out. @dragonsbrethren
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i would be interested in that too... sounds fun...dr. feelgood@stadtjagermedic

Hello,

Sent you the invite and I believe talked to you about the guidelines of STB.

Look forward to flying with you.
  • Options
    generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    count me in too. sounds like great fun

@General.Disaster
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • Options
    inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haft to say,I was getting bored of STO until I joined Star Trek Battles,you guys and gals have made the grind fun,and who knew nerfing myself down has made the game FUN again!
    So in closing,thanks trizeo for giving us an outlet for just having fun without the elitist snobs looking down if you arent doing at least 30k DPS.

VIVA LA STAR TREK BATTLES.

~Andrew F. Hyde@InputEnd
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I asked for an invite a while back but never heard anything, and it kind of slipped my mind. I'd still be interested in trying this out. @dragonsbrethren

Hey,

Sorry about missing you, not my intention.

I believe we were able to run some stuff last night. Hoped you enjoyed it!
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want to thank everyone with joining me in a last minute MI run! I promise not to make it Elite next time, it's not really worth it.

I may run the Nebula next time, since I do better in cruisers, it may be a better fit for me but to still have a Sci ship to run MI with.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    ch33soch33so Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This sounds like fun. @ch33so for the invite.
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    inputend21 wrote: »
    I haft to say,I was getting bored of STO until I joined Star Trek Battles,you guys and gals have made the grind fun,and who knew nerfing myself down has made the game FUN again!
    So in closing,thanks trizeo for giving us an outlet for just having fun without the elitist snobs looking down if you arent doing at least 30k DPS.

VIVA LA STAR TREK BATTLES.

~Andrew F. Hyde@InputEnd

Hey Andrew,

I am the one who is thankfull to have found like minded captains who want to do something about the power creep.

Don't get me wrong if that is your thing, by all means. I even tried to go back to my high DPS and it just wasn't fun TBH.

My only hope is to keep STB going as it has made STO more ejoyable to me!

There is ALWAYS an opening for any willing and able Captain to join STB.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Hey,

Sorry about missing you, not my intention.

I believe we were able to run some stuff last night. Hoped you enjoyed it!

It's definitely bittersweet, since I seem to be doing just as well with my old Mk XI blue weapons as I do with my current XII rep gear, just showing how pointless spending all of that dilithium (and time!) really was. Doubly so now that lower rank gear rep won't even be available to new characters after season 9. I really hope they add content that actually justifies all of this power. As it is, I feel like I'm still doing too much damage with the blues.

Flying canon(ish) loadouts is my favorite part of this. I've always felt like I was wasting the ship's potential, or forcing gear onto it to get a set bonus. I'm not even considering that on Norgh's Vor'cha, which I've built canon from the start and hope to play with you guys soon. It'll definitely be interesting since it doesn't have the survivability that my Mogai does - no fleet consoles backing it up.

Oh and it was brought up in the thread a while ago, but if you guys want to do ground, I'm all for it. Ground content, thankfully, isn't nearly as affected by the power creep as space and can still be challenging with high tier gear. Mostly I just want an excuse to play ground missions/STFs with a good team. My fleet does ground events but not nearly often enough for my tastes. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    count me in too. sounds like great fun

@General.Disaster

I believe I sent the invite and tried to PM you in game? You might've been AFK. If you haven't been able to send me an in game mail or PM.
    sirokk wrote: »
    I want to thank everyone with joining me in a last minute MI run! I promise not to make it Elite next time, it's not really worth it.

I may run the Nebula next time, since I do better in cruisers, it may be a better fit for me but to still have a Sci ship to run MI with.

Hey Sirokk,

Don't be sorry, it didn't take much longer I believe TBH.

It was challenging and I liked it!... taking my fresh toon with barely any real gear on it in the Sao Paulo made for an interesting challenge.

I'll run anything my friend... how well I do is TBD :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ch33so wrote: »
    This sounds like fun. @ch33so for the invite.

Invite sent Captain!

If you do not get it you can get a hold of me in game @trizeo1

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Invite sent Captain!

If you do not get it you can get a hold of me in game @trizeo1

Thanks!

Always looking for Captains to join the STB TF ranks... get a hold of me in game or leave your handle here.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Always looking for Captains to join the STB TF ranks... get a hold of me in game or leave your handle here.

Priority one message to all Captains... Star Trek Battles task force is always looking for Captains who are willing to have fun with STO.
  • Options
    starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ohhh, this looks like fun. I've always wanted to fly my Fleet Cruisers more often, but they're just not as good for grinding through content as quickly as my JHDC with its RomPlasma beams. I'd like to join this on my main, a Fed Engineer.

My handle is @starblade7

PS. Have you been running Dyson Sphere content?
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
  • Options
    drebinfrankltdrebinfranklt Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Hi, captains!
    I'd like to join your channel, BUT I didn't find the time zone when we could cooperate our efforts :rolleyes: Mine is GMT+7
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi, captains!
    I'd like to join your channel, BUT I didn't find the time zone when we could cooperate our efforts :rolleyes:

We run in multiple times zones as we have members all over the world (at least who is able to join us). I'm Mountain Standard, or -7 hours from GMT.

Leave your in-game handle here and an invite to the channel will be sent as soon as one of the Moderators is available.

Look forward to flying with you.

-risingstar2009
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oooh! Oooh! Me! Me! @Damien_Vryce. :D I got a whole set of the retro phasers that I'm dying to use.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Leave your in-game handle here and an invite to the channel will be sent

Ritter@drebinfranklt is waiting for classic Star trek battles :)

BTW, does Ody match this canon? :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    @drebinfranklt,

The Odyssey is perfectly acceptable. Its the weapons that we ask to be Canon. Phasers, Photon or Quantum Torpedoes for Federation. KDF gets Disruptors and Photons. The Roms are kindof a toss up at this point between Plasma and Disruptors for energy weaponry. Plasma torps for a majority of the vessels (the Tal Shiar Adapted ships use Photons for some weird reason)

@Damien_Vryce

Which blue phasers are you using? Only reason I ask is cause I want to know if I have to turn my sound down or not when we team up.

Our Battles
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, I'll need to find some phaser beams for Odyssey or take Defiant with green phaser cannons
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    @Damien_Vryce

Which blue phasers are you using? Only reason I ask is cause I want to know if I have to turn my sound down or not when we team up.

Well, I could send you some ear plugs. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    starblade7 wrote: »
    Ohhh, this looks like fun. I've always wanted to fly my Fleet Cruisers more often, but they're just not as good for grinding through content as quickly as my JHDC with its RomPlasma beams. I'd like to join this on my main, a Fed Engineer.

My handle is @starblade7

PS. Have you been running Dyson Sphere content?

@starblade7

Hello and thanks for your interest.

This has given me to fly a whole variety of ships which has made it more fun.

We have done and plan on doing more Dyson content.

Invite sent, we will see you in game!
    Ritter@drebinfranklt is waiting for classic Star trek battles :)

BTW, does Ody match this canon? :confused:

Hello, I will send the invite when I get in game tonight.

Regarding your Oddy, feel free to use it. I'm not sure if the Oddy is canon TBH but there are no rules saying you cannot use it. Just follow the guidelines and we will be good :)

See you in game!
    Well, I'll need to find some phaser beams for Odyssey or take Defiant with green phaser cannons

Feel free to ask anyone in channel for some phasers, I myself have phasers that I can give to you or anyone who doesn't have the means to aquire them.

What I've found that STB is a very friendly place with members even trying to help each other out by giving phasers, torpedos and consoles and such.

Anymore questions tho just ask:)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I would very much like to join your channel please. I promise not to use the retro phasers :) Krunt Kaamix@Damien_Vryce
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi, guys... checking in. Been rather busy lately but have popped to a few minutes here and there working on my STB-specific ship build and a little pew-pew.

So I got a MU Heavy Cruiser Retrofit, outfitted it a while back with the Picard Stargazer saucer. Definitely old-school looking. My goal was to setup the ship with NO reputation gear, minimum Mk X Common stuff and make it survivable.

The MU Heavy Cruiser is a nice end-game ship, it's a fairly evenly set as a Sci, Eng and Tac ship with just a slight more emphasis on Engineering of course. Turn rate of 8 and 3 consoles each. It's at least a nice toy to be had from the Exchange. (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Universe_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit)

When I get it outfitted with as much Common quality stuff as can be survivable, I'll post it on StoAcademy when I get a chance.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, we had our first full 10 man runs that I recall, CCE run, damn good fun too, would like to thank everyone who took part and congrats to our 1st place winner from the run whom I'm sure is all up on that giant shard trophy as we speak. XD
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm...

Sounds interesting. I fly a Sovereign class heavy cruiser with pretty much basic equipment since I have not bothered with the rep system yet and I have not progressed very far into the the main story line. I think I am up to the "Ultimate Klingon" in the Klingon War story arc.

How exactly do I figure out my DPS? I only use the retro-phasers and quantum / transphasic torpedoes so my DPS should not be very high. Probably the most exotic equipment I have is from the "A Step Between Stars" mission.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Hi, guys... checking in. Been rather busy lately but have popped to a few minutes here and there working on my STB-specific ship build and a little pew-pew.

So I got a MU Heavy Cruiser Retrofit, outfitted it a while back with the Picard Stargazer saucer. Definitely old-school looking. My goal was to setup the ship with NO reputation gear, minimum Mk X Common stuff and make it survivable.

The MU Heavy Cruiser is a nice end-game ship, it's a fairly evenly set as a Sci, Eng and Tac ship with just a slight more emphasis on Engineering of course. Turn rate of 8 and 3 consoles each. It's at least a nice toy to be had from the Exchange. (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Universe_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit)

When I get it outfitted with as much Common quality stuff as can be survivable, I'll post it on StoAcademy when I get a chance.

Ok, here's the build. Just for it to be a little different from a basic build, I'm using Retro Phasers and a Tricobalt torpedo in the back. I beileve that Tricobalts are Federation tech and canon. The Standard Shield is a very rare Mk XI type that has Disruptor and Plasma resistance and extra regeneration.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=muhcussstarkist_0

I don't usually use joke-names but I called it U.S.S. Starkist.

Any feedback is welcome. Remember that is not meant to be a PUG or DPS build. Goal is to use non-Reputation, Federation tech with Mk XI, Common quality but as survivable as possible.