What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well for ship gear the only thing I ask be changed is the DPS output. I currently run MK X blues phasers, quants, photons with matching tac consoles also MK X blues. That gives me roughly anywhere from 3 - 7K dps and I think 5K is a good number to shoot for.

Use race specific weapons... self explanitory but feel free to ask if any questions on that.

Ahh, thank you!

To be sure are Reputation sets are allowed, such as Nukara Strikeforce or Nukara Appropriated Munitions (as examples)?
    What about consoles that do extra damage beyond the weapon slots like Theta Radiation Vents or Isometric Charge?
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cmdrscarlet,

Reputations sets are more than acceptable. We just want to lower DPS so that it requires teamwork and some tactics to complete STF and other Fleet Actions. It's mainly for survivability that we use those and/or Fleet equipment.

Rep Weaponry, like other energy types, we ask that you eventually limit it to Race/Faction Specific ships. Since you brought up Nukara, that would be perfectly acceptable on the Tholian ships, along with other Tetryon weaponry.

I'm not sure about something like Theta Radiation Vents, but since it's similar to the Warp Plasma, probably won't be an issue. Same thing with the Isometric Charge.

Hope that answers a few questions that may have come up after you posted.

-risingstar2009
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That actually answers all I have, thank you for your patience with me - this looks like a great fit for what I'm looking for in STO ...

Just need more time to play! :P
  • Options
    trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That actually answers all I have, thank you for your patience with me - this looks like a great fit for what I'm looking for in STO ...

Just need more time to play! :P

Thank you Rising for answering his questions.

I hope you contact us in game or here for an invite... I/we are more than happy to help you progress.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same thing with the Isometric Charge.
    -risingstar2009

Oh I'll throw the ISO Charge onto an Akira and laugh at my 'Rebounding Pulsar' attack just like in Armada. As for the other consoles, generally if it came on the ship or was seen done in the show by that faction, I'd say it's legit. So such things as AMS, Defiant Cloaking, Dreadnought Cruiser Cloaking and such are legal, same with using three piece set powers like 'Heavy Graviton Beam' as we saw that in BOBW and such.

Venture Forth!
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We are mainly playing for the "Star Trek" feel. Ships using canon gear, challenges and teamwork resulting in Fun.

Perhaps our slogan should be "As Seen on TV" :P

Question, it is possible to play Foundry episodes as a team? We may want to explore this possibility for an STB mission.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We actually just played a foundry mission together the other night. I'm certainly interested in doing more.

We'll probably want to turn the difficulty up, though, as we breezed through everything except for one space battle. Might need to establish some "ground" rules too, although I don't think we'll need to be nearly as restrictive as we are for space.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We actually just played a foundry mission together the other night. I'm certainly interested in doing more.
    Just make sure to read the description of the mission - some of them only allow solo play and/or break horribly when used for a team

Gotta admit that this concept looks appealing. I had seen it browsing the forums but assumed it had something to do with the old 'Star Fleet Battles' game - some discussion of its canonicity (or lack thereof) - so I didn't bother with it until now. How does one get an invite again? Handle is @royalsovereign ...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just make sure to read the description of the mission - some of them only allow solo play and/or break horribly when used for a team

Gotta admit that this concept looks appealing. I had seen it browsing the forums but assumed it had something to do with the old 'Star Fleet Battles' game - some discussion of its canonicity (or lack thereof) - so I didn't bother with it until now. How does one get an invite again? Handle is @royalsovereign ...

Title of the Thread may need an update. I also need to see if we can't somehow get it sticky'd as well.

Anyways, invite has been sent. Look forward to flying with you, Captain/General.

If you haven't done so, please take a look at the very first post by our Fearless Leader (and the one who started all this), Trizeo, for the guidelines that we try to adhere to. If you need any equipment, don't hesitate to ask in-channel as most of us have a small (or large) reserve of items for new members.

Also, we have run a few STF's/Fleet Events using nothing but Pre-TOS (The Original Series)/TOS/ST Movies I-VI Era ships if you might find that interesting to try. I still need to try and set up something for my various Alt's for this type of run.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's it. I'm breaking out the Oberth now. :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I still say we need to hit up the Dyson space battlezone at some point. It doesn't have a time limit, players can enter and leave as they wish, and it has objectives beyond "MURDERIZE ALL OF THE OPPONENTS".
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Hello,

The invite was sent by Risingstar. I tried contacting you in game but you might have been in the middle of something.

I will try to get a hold of you again when I see you online.

thanks
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Hello,

The invite was sent by Risingstar. I tried contacting you in game but you might have been in the middle of something.

I will try to get a hold of you again when I see you online.

thanks
    Thanks! Looks like a great mini-community you've got going here.

I saw your in-game mail earlier today but I was only on for about 10-15 minutes (I sometimes log in from work at lunch just to refresh doff missions and so forth) I'll try to ping you when I get on next.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I uploaded some new pics from last night, as well as moving some of my other ones around.

STB now has its own folder for me on Photobucket.

Feel free to check it out. I might be able to get some video up at some point as well.

http://s658.photobucket.com/user/phoenixstar2009/slideshow/Star%20Trek%20Battles

Our Battles
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Definitely have to vouch for how awesome this is.

Flew a few rounds with these folks last night (a Fleet Alert in my C Store Galaxy with Mk Xs, and an Infected Space with my T2 Cruiser that I was over my head in ). Had a blast, and picked up some tips on how to work my builds to do better in the future. If you haven't tried this, it's definitely worth considering - it is going to force me to learn to actually play the game, instead of relying on my Fleet Gal-X with Fleet Gear to just tank me through missions. I look forward to it, and to doing it again!

It's not going to completely sub out my normal routine, as I spent a lot of time building that Gal-X, but I'll definitely be back! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks! Looks like a great mini-community you've got going here.

I saw your in-game mail earlier today but I was only on for about 10-15 minutes (I sometimes log in from work at lunch just to refresh doff missions and so forth) I'll try to ping you when I get on next.

Hey Royalsovereign,

I think we do have an AWESOME group of Captians in STB. Anyone who has given some time to fly STB style, I hope, has walked away with a positive experience.

I hope that it is the experience that your looking for and that we get to fly and pew pew together soon... Captain Trizeo out!
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hm... this intrigues me. Send me an invite, I have a few ships I want to dust off. @handle same as username.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hm... this intrigues me. Send me an invite, I have a few ships I want to dust off. @handle same as username.

You might end up dusting off more than a few ships.

Invite sent, and looking forward to flying with you, Captain.

-risingstar2009

p.s. My TS3 Server is shut down for reasons beyond my control. Just wanted everyone who had the address to it to be aware of this.

Our Battles
  • Options
    caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unfortunately, I have a rather busy week and won't be able to join all you amazing people in your shenanigans. Never fear, though, as Alyia shall return this weekend, cruising around in a snazzy Galaxy I finally dusted off. ;3
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    First of many videos to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwSyxvS6aR4

Our Battles
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Couple of questions, what program did you use to film, how do you upload, and if I were to film some, and give the image to you, would you upload it. (Or alternatively, if it is not your private account, (IE, just for STB) you could give me the log in detail, and I could upload it to the STB account.)
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Couple of questions, what program did you use to film,

OBS, Open Broadcaster Software set up to copy game action. I could stream the game as I was playing it, but not sure on what quality I would have. Just got the program and haven't fully tested it.
    how do you upload, and if I were to film some, and give the image to you, would you upload it.

The only problem I forsee with that is the email attachment size limit.
    (Or alternatively, if it is not your private account, (IE, just for STB) you could give me the log in detail, and I could upload it to the STB account.)

It is my private account that I have opened up public viewing on. Not sure if I can open up only the channel as of yet. Once I do, I'll let people know.

2nd Video. Three KDF plus 2 Fed in ISE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afhzkjd2u0s

3rd Video. TOS/TMP/ST:I-VI era Starbase 24 fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3kPxLQo3YE

Our Battles
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First of many videos to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwSyxvS6aR4

That was a fun run. My D'D needs some tweaking. I'm sticking close to you from now on so can be inday movies.:D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thank you for the video risingstar, that ISE was awesome!

You realize, that we are actually reenactors? This is probably the only video in 2014 showcasing the forgotten art of the "10%-rule".
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014

9:00 - you perfectly frame my T'liss getting one-shotted :P

ISE screenshot I grabbed. None of the others really came out looking good, but I'll try to remember to grab some more.
  • Options
    frosttfishfrosttfish Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Man, the warp into the star base is pretty damn cool.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

We'll probably want to turn the difficulty up, though, as we breezed through everything except for one space battle. Might need to establish some "ground" rules too, although I don't think we'll need to be nearly as restrictive as we are for space.

I believe it was Bruce who said that he was working on a foundry mission with STB in mind.

Can't wait to give that a shot!
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The edited first post looks good!
    Two minor mistakes: My ingame handle is @Tyrinius, slightly different to my forum name :)
    And:
    Hello STO community!
    One of the fellow Captains/Admin uses the Exeter and parsed in ISE clocked in at 5007k dps.
    It was just 5007, not 5007k, not THAT high, yet... ;)
  • Options
    natorepublicnatorepublic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Last night Nato the leader of Fed Alliance Fleet has actually offered up FREE access to STB members for those who require access to high end gear/ships, to be used OUTSIDE of STB of course.. hahahaha, all that they ask is bring your own FM if buying a ship. Nato as well has set up access to their TS, we actually lost Risingstar's but we still had Steve's and now Nato's. Nato is also offering his invitation to STB members to become members of Fed Alliance if they do not have one which is my main toons, Trizeo's, fleet. If you purchase something you do have to be in the fleet but if you want to go back to your old fleet that is NOT a problem. Nato has been with STB from the very beginning of the channel's creation and he has mentioned that he has been impressed with the growth but as well as the "community" that has come out of STB. He also joined in on some runs and I remember him saying something along the lines of having to work to complete the mission which was good for a change.

I am Nato (commodore of Fed Alliance), and I approved message.

Just a few things.

1) Only Ships absolutely require to be in our fleet while purchasing, (once it's purchased, we would love for you to stay, but fully understand and have no problem with you heading back to your fleet).

2) If you are buying gear and have both Permissions to buy from fleet stores, and the provisions in your fleet then we can do a map invite for you. If you lack either of those you will have to hop in a Fed Alliance fleet to purchase the stuff.

3) Don't worry about taxing our resources, Fed Alliance has 12 active fleets and over 3,200 members.

4) I would encourage anyone who hasn't to fly at least one run with STB, it puts a lot of fun back in the game.

Edited to add: I am a leader in Fed Alliance Fleets, not THE leader.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    OBS, Open Broadcaster Software set up to copy game action. I could stream the game as I was playing it, but not sure on what quality I would have. Just got the program and haven't fully tested it.

The only problem I forsee with that is the email attachment size limit.

It is my private account that I have opened up public viewing on. Not sure if I can open up only the channel as of yet. Once I do, I'll let people know.

Noice RS.. thanks for doing that, highly appreciated:D
    frosttfish wrote: »
    Man, the warp into the star base is pretty damn cool.

I still giggle like a school girl from a 5 man but THAT warp in was one of the sweetest thus far.