test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

Comments

• stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This thread is beginning to devolve. :( Someone should create a thread about how Starfleet never built a warship instead of destroying this one.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    This thread is beginning to devolve. :( Someone should create a thread about how Starfleet never built a warship instead of destroying this one.

Agreed, pls let's get back to the topic (I remember we were supporting the Typhoon and Jupiter, right? ;) )
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the Jupiter could actually look pretty nice with a bit of polishing. Maybe even make it that broadside cruiser they were talking about a while ago.

Quoting myself because I'm not sure what else to add to the conversation.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • phoenix234567phoenix234567 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I definitely like to see the Typhoon and the Jupiter as playable spacecraft.
    After the Dominion War, the decline of the Romulan Star Empire and the tensions with the Klingons, Starfleet was certainly totally disillusioned about it's role as the military of the Federation. Having our selection of ships reflect that through those raw and utilitarian looking Battleships and Dreadnoughts would be a welcome improvement of the immersion factor.

I think that these vessels can be made distinctive in gameplay through buffed Cruiser Commands (i.e. buffed weapons and engines for the Typhoon, and buffed shields and auxiliary for the Jupiter). That would set them apart nicely from other Federation cruisers since they would not depend on set bonuses from overspecialized consoles while still giving them their niche uses. Adding innate passive abilities to those vessels, like a reduced energy drain on beam weapons for the Typhoon, would also be viable way of setting these ships apart from the remaining bulk of the Federation fleet.

When it comes to the appearance of those two vessel I have to say that the current ingame meshes are not as bad as they are made out to be. Unlike many Klingon designs, used ship part are significantly altered (i.e. the Typhoon features doubled Cerberus nacelles, a Celestial hull that actually features discernible Phaser arrays or the beautifully simplified and elongated Majestic saucer, that does not only look less cluttered without it's original superstructure but also accentuates those two rows of primary Phaser arrays really nicely).

So the only real questions here is: Why are those spacecraft not already in the C-store?
    C'mon Cryptic, the Typhoon Battleship is the most aggressive and badass looking ship in the entire Starfleet. How could it not be playable!?
    And don't forget about the Jupiter and the Balaur and every other awesome NPC ship that absolutely deserves to be playable!
    C'mon Cryptic, we know you can do it!
  • kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I definitely like to see the Typhoon and the Jupiter as playable spacecraft.
    After the Dominion War, the decline of the Romulan Star Empire and the tensions with the Klingons, Starfleet was certainly totally disillusioned about it's role as the military of the Federation. Having our selection of ships reflect that through those raw and utilitarian looking Battleships and Dreadnoughts would be a welcome improvement of the immersion factor.

I think that these vessels can be made distinctive in gameplay through buffed Cruiser Commands (i.e. buffed weapons and engines for the Typhoon, and buffed shields and auxiliary for the Jupiter). That would set them apart nicely from other Federation cruisers since they would not depend on set bonuses from overspecialized consoles while still giving them their niche uses. Adding innate passive abilities to those vessels, like a reduced energy drain on beam weapons for the Typhoon, would also be viable way of setting these ships apart from the remaining bulk of the Federation fleet.

When it comes to the appearance of those two vessel I have to say that the current ingame meshes are not as bad as they are made out to be. Unlike many Klingon designs, used ship part are significantly altered (i.e. the Typhoon features doubled Cerberus nacelles, a Celestial hull that actually features discernible Phaser arrays or the beautifully simplified and elongated Majestic saucer, that does not only look less cluttered without it's original superstructure but also accentuates those two rows of primary Phaser arrays really nicely).

So the only real questions here is: Why are those spacecraft not already in the C-store?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nothing more, nothing less [well, more would be ok, but its fine]
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was always curious why the odyssey was made instead of the typhoon. The typhoon should be a true assault ship with at least four tac consoles.
  • darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    madmopar wrote: »
    I was always curious why the odyssey was made instead of the typhoon. The typhoon should be a true assault ship with at least four tac consoles.

Think someone had a cool idea with it being unique ship design of having all weapons slots on its sides or 1 forward 1 back 3 on left 3 on right. Let it equip dual cannons and have special console that does move rain of fire. Kinda like a cannon scatter volley but fire all directions regardless of targets. Dunno if itd be effective but would look awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I honestly think the Enterprise F should of been a Typhoon. But that's just me.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    I honestly think the Enterprise F should of been a Typhoon. But that's just me.

Nah, a Jupiter :P
    edited May 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    Nah, a Jupiter :P

0.o nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol but the Typhoon would have made a good enterprise-f. and DATA should have captain. not shon.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    0.o nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol but the Typhoon would have made a good enterprise-f. and DATA should have captain. not shon.

Nah E-F should be an Upscaled Prommie
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    The Typhoon ....nice ship needs some improvements tho

The Jupiter is the most fugly starfleet ship ive ever saw...............No to it
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited May 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

The Jupiter is the most fugly starfleet ship ive ever saw...............No to it

both will get an image revampp if made playable. that has been said by the devs
    edited May 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

Your Momma is the most fugliest Starfleet ship I've ever seen. *beavis and butthead laugh*

edited May 2014
    Ok.....Back on topic :D........ anyone care to count how many individual supporters we have? in curious..... has anyone noticed that there seems to be an increasing amount of Typhoons?
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    Your Momma is the most fugliest Starfleet ship I've ever seen. *beavis and butthead laugh*

I cant help it if my momma was klingon......................................
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My idea for the Jupiter-class Dreadnought Carrier

Designation - Dreadnought Carrier

Innate - 2 Hangars, able to equip Callisto/Ganymede/Europa class Frigates (Whatever name, they're all names of Jupiters moons)

Special Console - Emergency Launch Bay. Carrier has emergency launch aircraft sitting on deck, ready to launch at all times. Allows a single extra squadron (6 Fighters, 4 Runabouts, 2 Frigates) to be launched and active for 2 minutes before being automatically recalled to the Carrier at the end of the 2min duration. 5min Cooldown.

The console is based on the modern Aircraft Carrier tactic of "Ready Five", where combat capable aircraft are sitting in the catapult, ready to launch within five minutes.

Hull Strength - 55,000

Shield Mod - 1.2

Turn - 5

Bonus Power - +5 Shields, +10 Aux

Console Layout - 4 Engi, 3 Sci, 3 Tac

BOff layout - Cmd Engi, LTC Tac, Lt Sci, Lt Sci, Ens Tac (Ens Uni for Fleet)

Weapons - 4/3, like other Combat oriented Carriers.

My idea for the Jupiter-specific Frigates, since they're Federation, I figure more of a Support boat with some damage thrown in would be acceptable.

Energy Credit:
    1 Phaser Beam Array Fore
    1 Photon Torpedo Fore
    1 Phaser Beam Array Aft
    Transfer Shield Strength 1
    Engineering Team 1

Dilithium:
    1 Phaser Beam Array Fore
    1 Double Phaser Beam Bank Fore
    1 Quantum Torpedo Fore
    1 Phaser Beam Array Aft
    Transfer Shield Strength 2
    Engineering Team 2
    Extend Shields 1

Fleet:
    2 Phaser Beam Array Fore
    1 Double Phaser Beam Bank Fore
    1 Quantum Torpedo Fore
    2 Phaser Beam Array Aft
    Transfer Shield Strength 3
    Engineering Team 3
    Extend Shield 2

And, as for how many people, we have about 108 Typhoon/Jupiter supporters, according to that one guys sig.
    edited May 2014
    i think there are more than 108.... i dunno. if i get bored ill count.
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd guess the overall support for both classes would be kind of low, considering they're both incredibly ugly designs - I mean truly, deeply, horribly, embarrassingly hideous. Quasimodo would look at them and say, "Wow. They're really ugly." The Elephant Man would look at them in disgust and horror.

That said though, they really are shining examples of the best Cryptic can manage with non-canon starship design. ;)
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    That said though, they really are shining examples of the best Cryptic can manage with non-canon starship design. ;)

To be fair, they were incredibly rushed and understaffed at launch. The fact that a cheap kitbash like the Typhoon has such a following in the post-Odyssey age is impressive.

Not that I would in any way be opposed to a do-over, of course. ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited May 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    I'd guess the overall support for both classes would be kind of low, considering they're both incredibly ugly designs - I mean truly, deeply, horribly, embarrassingly hideous. Quasimodo would look at them and say, "Wow. They're really ugly." The Elephant Man would look at them in disgust and horror.

That said though, they really are shining examples of the best Cryptic can manage with non-canon starship design...... ;)

There is a LOT more support for these master pieces than you think... :D

JUPITER AND TYPHOON 2410!!

edited May 2014
    Typhoon class battleship

Can mount dual cannons

Can equip cloaking device

Hull - 42000

Sheild mod - 1

impulse mod - .98

turn rate - 7 (the scimitar has it)

weps - 5 fore, 3 aft

Lt sci
    Cmdr tac
    Ens tac
    Lt cmdr engi

consoles

2 sci

4 engineer

3tactical. +1 for fleet

special console

Structural intergerty field destabilizer

destabilizes all enemy structural intergerty fields within 7 km.

Deals up to 20% of remaining hull, minimum 10%.
    edited May 2014
    Last i heard was that if they ever became playable they would get a redesign so they won't be this ugly unless the ship designers TRIBBLE up again (Avenger i'm looking at you).
    edited May 2014
    Well, what do you all think of my Typhoon idea?
    edited May 2014
    Well, what do you all think of my Typhoon idea?

Well, I want the Typhoon to be like a version of the Apex/Bortas except with a better turn rate, but that's just me.

The Structural Integrity Destabilizer sounds cool but it sounds like something a Science Vessel would have. IMO the Typhoon should have something more, Cruiser like.

Only my opinion.

How about a overpowered console that gives some built-in boff abilities like beam overload torpedo high yield engineering team and some others.

Or maybe something that gives passive buffs like all energy/projectile weapons have slightly longer range or larger firing arcs.

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, I want the Typhoon to be like a version of the Apex/Bortas expect with a better turn rate, but that's just me.

The Structural Integrity Destabilizer sounds cool but it sounds like something a Science Vessel would have. IMO the Typhoon should have something more, Cruiser like.

Only my opinion.

How about a overpowered console that gives some built-in boff abilities like beam overload torpedo high yield engineering team and some others.

Or maybe something that gives passive buffs like all energy/projectile weapons have slightly longer range or larger firing arcs.

How about a con that temporarily weakens your weapons and converts incoming damage into hull heals?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited May 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    How about a con that temporarily weakens your weapons and converts incoming damage into hull heals?

That sounds grossly overpowered and would add to the power creep... I'LL TAKE IT! :D

• baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I prefer my version, rather then just cloning whatever pre-existing ship that comes along.

Designation - Federation Battleship, not Cruiser, for good reason.

Innate - +Beam Weapon Damage (Carries over to Fleet)

Special Weapons - 4 Heavy Phaser Arrays. Like Beam Arrays, but sucks more power and deals more damage per volley. Only able to be equipped on a Battleship. Limit 4.

Special Console - Dedicated Tractor Beam. Able to use Tractor Beam or TBR with a 3min Console Cooldown. Standard skills equal to Rank 2 Science Skill.

Hull Strength - 48,000 (52,800 Fleet)

Shield Mod - 1.15 (1.265 Fleet)

Base Turn - 6

Bonus Power - +10 Weapons, +10 Shields.

Console Layout - 5 Engi, 1 Sci, 3 Tac. (+1 Tac for Fleet)

4/4 Weapon layout.

BOff seating - Cmd Engi, LTC Tac, Lt Tac, Lt Engi (Lt Uni for Fleet), Ens Sci.

Cruiser Commands - Weapon System Efficiency, Shield Frequency Modulation, Attract Fire. (This combination is unique so far)

So yeah, it has the punch and the staying power of a true battleship, as well as the TB/TBR combination that the NPCs love to use, as well as a unique Cruiser Command layout and pretty unique BOff layout as well, taking the console layout from a Bortasqu' variant.

It doesn't need to be a clone, it doesn't need cannons, and it doesn't need a hangar.
    edited May 2014
    I prefer my version, rather then just cloning whatever pre-existing ship that comes along.

Designation - Federation Battleship, not Cruiser, for good reason.

Innate - +Beam Weapon Damage (Carries over to Fleet)

Special Weapons - 4 Heavy Phaser Arrays. Like Beam Arrays, but sucks more power and deals more damage per volley. Only able to be equipped on a Battleship. Limit 4.

Special Console - Dedicated Tractor Beam. Able to use Tractor Beam or TBR with a 3min Console Cooldown. Standard skills equal to Rank 2 Science Skill.

Hull Strength - 48,000 (52,800 Fleet)

Shield Mod - 1.15 (1.265 Fleet)

Base Turn - 6

Bonus Power - +10 Weapons, +10 Shields.

Console Layout - 5 Engi, 1 Sci, 3 Tac. (+1 Tac for Fleet)

4/4 Weapon layout.

BOff seating - Cmd Engi, LTC Tac, Lt Tac, Lt Engi (Lt Uni for Fleet), Ens Sci.

Cruiser Commands - Weapon System Efficiency, Shield Frequency Modulation, Attract Fire. (This combination is unique).

Okay... WAAYY to much hull strength, even for the Jupiter, other than that… ^^^^^

edited May 2014
    I like the "heavy phaser beam" idea, I must admit.