test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Humanity will detect aliens by 2040, researcher says...

Comments

• Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks like someone is having fun. Before this topic gets completely derailed, get back under the bridge boy.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,398 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Looks like someone is having fun. Before this topic gets completely derailed, get back under the bridge boy.
    It's already been derailed, the surviving passengers bussed to their destinations, and the investigation by the Transportation Safety Board is well under way.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    upper4dscoutupper4dscout Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Derailed ???

Humans detected aliens / ETs last year in Antarctica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7Pyz9fWKU

Can you explain the video???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where

we started and know the place for the first time. T.S. Eliot
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    I'm referring to the inherent paradox of UfOlogy. Where "unidentified" correlates to unknown, until you've established what an object actually is, by definition, it's study is impossible, because the best conclusion you're ever going to make, is that somebody saw something, but lacked enough information to define what they saw. Which is the same conclusion that Hynek arrived at.

Which is why I have great respect for the man. He didn't jump to conclusions like most in this crazy field. I only wish that there were more UFOlogists like him rather than the kooks we have running loose thinking they know everything about alleged extraterrestrial politics. As you say, we haven't even established if there are ETs yet.
    Aliens are like Bigfoot. Space, like the woods, is supposedly lousy with them. But to date, nobody has produced any credible evidence of them, beyond conjecture, and hearsay.

I will make it clear (as if I haven't already), I do not believe in the extraterrestrial hypothesis. If you read into a lot of the hard data collected like I have, the extraterrestrial hypothesis actually fits the phenomenon quite poorly. For example, the reported "aliens" don't even seem that advanced at all and appear limited by 1950s imaginings of what alien civilizations would be like. Surely advanced alien civilizations are more advanced than the common medical procedures we can find today in hospitals, yet apparently these "aliens" reported in abductions are not (and in some cases beginning to fall behind our technology).

The only reason the extraterrestrial hypothesis appears to have stuck is because people think "strange flying objects, ergo aliens." The truth might actually be much stranger than that, or it might be more mundane.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Derailed ???

Humans detected aliens / ETs last year in Antarctica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7Pyz9fWKU

Can you explain the video???

No need to explain it. If movies can create amazing CG that looks realistic, then some nutjobs can make a video that supports their foolish belief. A video on Youtube is not evidence of anything.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hey we also have youtube vids showing that UFO's do come and take ppl off to the mothership to get probed and not the good kind to :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,398 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I watched a video on YouTube earlier today in which a Florida man, who had been abducted to New Jersey by another man who was possessed by a rather unpleasant supernatural being, was kicked on a bridge in a park in NJ and fell out of the bathroom door in his own house.

Yet through all this, and despite some pretty interesting footage in the overall series (TribeTwelve - this particular episode is part of the crossover with EverymanHYBRID), I still don't believe in the Slenderman.

You can find all sorts of things on YouTube...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm surprised he didn't realize that I was joking... In the book we find out that Earth had a natural satellite, but only in the distant past, and that for several millennia an alien craft has been wearing a shell that merely looks like the moon. The name of the spaceship in question was Dahak.

An alien! (not really :P)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Which is why I have great respect for the man. He didn't jump to conclusions like most in this crazy field. I only wish that there were more UFOlogists like him rather than the kooks we have running loose thinking they know everything about alleged extraterrestrial politics. As you say, we haven't even established if there are ETs yet.

I will make it clear (as if I haven't already), I do not believe in the extraterrestrial hypothesis. If you read into a lot of the hard data collected like I have, the extraterrestrial hypothesis actually fits the phenomenon quite poorly. For example, the reported "aliens" don't even seem that advanced at all and appear limited by 1950s imaginings of what alien civilizations would be like. Surely advanced alien civilizations are more advanced than the common medical procedures we can find today in hospitals, yet apparently these "aliens" reported in abductions are not (and in some cases beginning to fall behind our technology).

The only reason the extraterrestrial hypothesis appears to have stuck is because people think "strange flying objects, ergo aliens." The truth might actually be much stranger than that, or it might be more mundane.

Oh, i see. You need more credible evidence.

Back in July 1952 Washington D.C. was flown over by many mysterious discs / UFOs.

The pentagon was forced to hold a press conference.

They have a copy at the National Archives. Good Quality Video for 1952.

2 members from the U.S. Military speak. 1 is a general and the other is a

retired Marine Major Keyhoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MbGYAv7Cg

"interplanetary spacecraft from outer space ???????" What ?!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm surprised he didn't realize that I was joking... In the book we find out that Earth had a natural satellite, but only in the distant past, and that for several millennia an alien craft has been wearing a shell that merely looks like the moon. The name of the spaceship in question was Dahak.

An alien! (not really :P)

So, the large sphere in Antarctica is .................???????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    No need to explain it. If movies can create amazing CG that looks realistic, then some nutjobs can make a video that supports their foolish belief. A video on Youtube is not evidence of anything.

Oh, well that's a relief.

I guess we can disregard all videos and photos forever. LOL

I think you are hiding under your bed. LOL

Thank God for the National Archives and U.S. Marine Major Donald Keyhoe.

"interplanetary spacecraft from outer space "

Is the National Archives video a hoax? Think carefully before answering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Humans detected aliens in July 1952 over Washington D.C. : Should we ignore newspapers ? LOL

The Washington Post newspaper had it on their front page:

Saucer Outran Jet, Pilot Reveals

http://www.ufocasebook.com/washingtondc1952.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh, well that's a relief.

I guess we can disregard all videos and photos forever. LOL

I think you are hiding under your bed. LOL

Thank God for the National Archives and U.S. Marine Major Donald Keyhoe.

"interplanetary spacecraft from outer space "

Is the National Archives video a hoax? Think carefully before answering.

Without trust that certain content is true, then its validity is up for debate. The only real source of trustworthy "facts" is through multiple sources of completely unrelated sources. Repeated observations by numerous unrelated people is how the truth is brought about.

I never hide under my bed. I actually do believe in the existence of aliens, but if they have visited, then they keep their presence unknown to all humans and not a select few. It is more likely that we have never been visited by aliens due to Humans being far more dangerous than any alien. We do not have to fear humans, they have to fear us.

How is that video proof of aliens? The military is known for looking out for any possible threat including alien invasion so it makes sense for them to determine if aliens actually visited or not. The General basically gave a synopsis of his department's work and the fact that not all of them can be explained is more indicative that some people are very creative in creating hoaxes. The video doesn't mention why the Major was retired and all the video does is mention his UFO book and his opinion.

I believe that certain people give credence to aliens because they don't believe in human innovation which is a sign of disrespect for humans. Aliens built the Pyramids. That video is a sign that aliens exist and is not an Air Force experiment or some practical joke. Such ideas just show that some people can't think for themselves. Without actual physical evidence (no photos or videos), then there is no proof that aliens have visited Earth. Besides if aliens visit, then it will destroy our development. After all, look at what happened to the Native Americans when Europeans invaded North America.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh, i see. You need more credible evidence.

Back in July 1952 Washington D.C. was flown over by many mysterious discs / UFOs.

The pentagon was forced to hold a press conference.

They have a copy at the National Archives. Good Quality Video for 1952.

2 members from the U.S. Military speak. 1 is a general and the other is a

retired Marine Major Keyhoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MbGYAv7Cg

"interplanetary spacecraft from outer space ???????" What ?!!!!

While Keyhoe was an admirable investigator (albeit too quick to jump onto the ET hypothesis) whom I respect immensely, even he wouldn't touch your reptilian space TRIBBLE TRIBBLE with a hundred-foot pole. In fact, if you did your research, you'd know that Major Keyhoe was quite skeptical of claims of alien abductions and contacts.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Without trust that certain content is true, then its validity is up for debate. The only real source of trustworthy "facts" is through multiple sources of completely unrelated sources. Repeated observations by numerous unrelated people is how the truth is brought about.

I never hide under my bed. I actually do believe in the existence of aliens, but if they have visited, then they keep their presence unknown to all humans and not a select few. It is more likely that we have never been visited by aliens due to Humans being far more dangerous than any alien. We do not have to fear humans, they have to fear us.

How is that video proof of aliens? The military is known for looking out for any possible threat including alien invasion so it makes sense for them to determine if aliens actually visited or not. The General basically gave a synopsis of his department's work and the fact that not all of them can be explained is more indicative that some people are very creative in creating hoaxes. The video doesn't mention why the Major was retired and all the video does is mention his UFO book and his opinion.

I believe that certain people give credence to aliens because they don't believe in human innovation which is a sign of disrespect for humans. Aliens built the Pyramids. That video is a sign that aliens exist and is not an Air Force experiment or some practical joke. Such ideas just show that some people can't think for themselves. Without actual physical evidence (no photos or videos), then there is no proof that aliens have visited Earth. Besides if aliens visit, then it will destroy our development. After all, look at what happened to the Native Americans when Europeans invaded North America.

Oh yes, all photos can be manipulated with Adobe Photoshop and videos can be created

with LightWave 3D and other programs. Star Trek Voyager used LightWave 3D in

postproduction.

But then you have to find a way to attack eyewitnesses to the UFO sightings.

That can get a little tricky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    While Keyhoe was an admirable investigator (albeit too quick to jump onto the ET hypothesis) whom I respect immensely, even he wouldn't touch your reptilian space TRIBBLE TRIBBLE with a hundred-foot pole. In fact, if you did your research, you'd know that Major Keyhoe was quite skeptical of claims of alien abductions and contacts.

Well, just stay with U.S. Marine Donald Keyhoe and his statement to the press:

"They are interplanetary spacecraft from outer space."

Are you saying ETs are not flying the mysterious discs over Washington D.C. ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Well, just stay with U.S. Marine Donald Keyhoe and his statement to the press:

"They are interplanetary spacecraft from outer space."

You are misquoting him. "With all due respect to the Air Force, I believe that some of them will prove to be of interplanetary origin. During a 3 year investigation, many pilots have described objects of substance and high speed. In one case, pilots report their plane was buffeted by an object which passed them at 500 miles an hour. Obviously, this was a solid object that I believe was from outer space."

There is absolutely nothing that the Major says in that video that applies strictly to alien spacecraft. The interviewer mentions his Flying Saucers are Real book, but that is the extent of objects of alien origin in regards to the Major. Now what object do we know of that is from outer space, enters our atmosphere at high speeds, are solid objects, is far more likely to exist about 10 miles above the ground where pilots are more likely to see them than people on the ground, and are natural objects?

Meteorites are UFOs until they are properly identified since UFOs are just unidentified flying objects.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You are misquoting him. "With all due respect to the Air Force, I believe that some of them will prove to be of interplanetary origin. During a 3 year investigation, many pilots have described objects of substance and high speed. In one case, pilots report their plane was buffeted by an object which passed them at 500 miles an hour. Obviously, this was a solid object that I believe was from outer space."

There is absolutely nothing that the Major says in that video that applies strictly to alien spacecraft. The interviewer mentions his Flying Saucers are Real book, but that is the extent of objects of alien origin in regards to the Major. Now what object do we know of that is from outer space, enters our atmosphere at high speeds, are solid objects, is far more likely to exist about 10 miles above the ground where pilots are more likely to see them than people on the ground, and are natural objects?

Meteorites are UFOs until they are properly identified since UFOs are just unidentified flying objects.

So the " interplanetary " flying saucers from outer space are not flown by ETs ???

Who is flying them? The Russians ? LOL

The flying saucers showed up on July 19th and then again on July 26.

Everybody in Washington D.C. was going nuts. It was a zoo at the pentagon.

The pentagon was forced to hold the largest press conference since World War II.

Jet fighters were scrambled to intercept but the flying saucers were outflying them

by 1,000 miles per hour!

- Humans detected aliens back in July 1952. All they had to do was look out the window! -

LOL

BTW, that press conference at the pentagon lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes.

The 2 Star General floated the idea that the flying saucers were birds or

a temperature inversion! Yeah, right. Tell me another one. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    STO Server Problems : Double Post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    STO Server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014

Yes.

There's no evidence that ETs are piloting UFOs.

There is absolutely nothing that the Major says in that video that applies strictly to alien spacecraft. The interviewer mentions his Flying Saucers are Real book, but that is the extent of objects of alien origin in regards to the Major.

This. Major Keyhoe was an extremely level-headed investigator. He led NICAP for roughly twenty years which was a very scientific and credible organization that scrutinized every UFO case it came across. It frankly put the modern day MUFON to shame. It was a purely "nuts and bolts" organization which deliberately distanced itself as far as it could get from the cultish Contactee hoax movement that our "4d scout" friend would have found himself at home in.

Frankly put, the old Major is probably rolling in his grave for being brought into this discussion like this.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Double post due to forum outage.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Triple post due to forum outage.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes.

There's no evidence that ETs are piloting UFOs.

This. Major Keyhoe was an extremely level-headed investigator. He led NICAP for roughly twenty years which was a very scientific and credible organization that scrutinized every UFO case it came across. It frankly put the modern day MUFON to shame. It was a purely "nuts and bolts" organization which deliberately distanced itself as far as it could get from the cultish Contactee hoax movement that our "4d scout" friend would have found himself at home in.

Frankly put, the old Major is probably rolling in his grave for being brought into this discussion like this.

Well then who was piloting the flying saucers seen around Washington D.C.?

Do you have any idea how foolish you sound? LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if the author that started this nonsense was publishing some Science Fiction novel and it accidentally got labelled as non-fiction. Realizing how much money he was getting from gullible citizens, they decided to go with the flow and not admit to doing the right thing by coming clean. After all, as Ron Hubbard has proven, there is far more money in creating a religion than writing science fiction novels.

This alien abduction and sightings nonsense is the modern version of fairies, goblins, trolls, dragons, and other supernatural nonsense that our ancestors had to deal with. People don't understand the world so have to come up with some fantastical explanation for what they saw. With the Scientific Revolution, supernatural explanations have gone out of favor while extraterrestrial explanations are the popular thing now. Humans in 2000 BC were ignorant so aliens built the pyramids. That flash of light in the sky is not a meteorite, but an alien starship. Humans are capable of amazing things and the universe are far more amazing than we can even imagine so explaining it away by aliens is disrespectful.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well then who was piloting the flying saucers seen around Washington D.C.?

Fairies.
    Do you have any idea how foolish you sound? LOL

Do you?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if the author that started this nonsense was publishing some Science Fiction novel and it accidentally got labelled as non-fiction. Realizing how much money he was getting from gullible citizens, they decided to go with the flow and not admit to doing the right thing by coming clean. After all, as Ron Hubbard has proven, there is far more money in creating a religion than writing science fiction novels.

This alien abduction and sightings nonsense is the modern version of fairies, goblins, trolls, dragons, and other supernatural nonsense that our ancestors had to deal with. People don't understand the world so have to come up with some fantastical explanation for what they saw. With the Scientific Revolution, supernatural explanations have gone out of favor while extraterrestrial explanations are the popular thing now. Humans in 2000 BC were ignorant so aliens built the pyramids. That flash of light in the sky is not a meteorite, but an alien starship. Humans are capable of amazing things and the universe are far more amazing than we can even imagine so explaining it away by aliens is disrespectful.

If the flying saucer sightings are " nonsense " then how do you explain the press conference

at the pentagon?

The 2 military officers at the press conference are credible professionals.

1 is a general and the other is a retired Major.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Fairies.

Do you?

You admit the flying saucers were seen over Washington D.C. but then - run to the fairies-.

LOL

That is just sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]