test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    (and the damned so loud voices in the gazebo).

Seriously, whoose "bright" idea was that? I bet it's the same one that thought turning the anniversary into grindfest is fun.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2014
    I think some people need to calm down just a tad , We haven't even seen what the mission is like and people are ringing the doom bells again
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pedantic... "I do not think it means what you think it means." -- Inigo Montoya

I was going to correct you... then I thought that would only make me sound pedantic! ;)

I was trying to lighten the mood by throwing a family guy joke in while making my point..
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rrincy wrote: »
    I think some people need to calm down just a tad , We haven't even seen what the mission is like and people are ringing the doom bells again

Too late to calm down,no one is interested in playing the new mission now,no matter who is in it or what its about.
    People are upset about an anniversary being turned into a grindfest and not much fun.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    *cough* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs *cough cough cough*

Devs I think is mandatory for you to watch this video specially at 6:15.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kyuzos7 wrote: »
    Jan 30th..

or next Thursday
    ... whichever comes 1st. ;)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited January 2014

I may do the mission once to see it and see Tuvok in action but 15 more times after that HELL NO.
    edited January 2014
    pwefail wrote: »
    Too late to calm down,no one is interested in playing the new mission now,no matter who is in it or what its about.
    People are upset about an anniversary being turned into a grindfest and not much fun.

I think you're a tad mistaken there , people will still do it regardless , personally the idea of working for a free ship that is likely at fleet level is preferable to one that's a 9 slotter that will essentially be useless compared to fleet level stuff
    12th Fleet
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is freaking awesome, thank you... subscribing :)
    Glad you like it. :D
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Devs I think is mandatory for you to watch this video specially at 6:15.
    Let's hope at least someone on the Cryptic team sees that channel.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

This image was taken from Tribble, but I wanted to provide a few important notes about this. The free ships this year are not your average Anniversary ship; they've got some extremely amazing bells and whistles, and even 2 new mechanics being introduced for the first time (more info soon). Because of this, you'll need to work a tad bit harder for a free ship over just running an episode one time. However! You will receive a package of 400 Qmendations as a one-time reward the first time you complete the Featured Episode, "A Step Between Stars." That means you only need to collect 600 more, which at 40 a day from completing a short daily, will take 15 days out of the 25+ days the event runs. There should also be a Lobi option for additional/ substitute Qmendations.

All of this info and much more will be coming up in our Dev Blogs next week, and I think once you see the ships, you'll see why a little extra effort for the ships will be more than worth it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    It's the Science Vessel secondary deflector, isn't it? Also, will we be able to get these Qmendations via replaying a Step Between Stars? I did that party mission at Starfleet Academy last year, it is excessively hard to do when there are a large number of people within the zone. Other than that, I look forward to the upcoming new science vessel mechanics.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I only have 4 chars, so not so much of a grind for me. I will reserve judgement until I see what this daily is, that we have to grind the ships for....

The ships also have to be ships I would actually use. I already have the Breen Raider and Obelisk Carrier sitting in my main bank.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    ... whichever comes 1st. ;)

meh some people don't like looking up what day it would be so i just made it easier.

unless you want me to make it more of a grind fest :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    meh some people don't like looking up what day it would be so i just made it easier.

unless you want me to make it more of a grind fest :P

You need to relog 25 times for the next 25 hours to get your wish. :D
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Me? I don't have a problem. I don't use my alts because I'm too busy to focus on all three, so I just have my main Fed character. I just try to set it up so that I can do the event early in the morning, before work, hop on, do it, hop off and go about the rest of my day. I'm curious about what we're gonna get, what the new ship is gonna have and what awesome freebies we're gonna get.

(You guys think you can put the Nebula back as the freebie? I missed it the last time)

What I really don't like is everyone putting words into my mouth. The whole "We don't like ARC" or "We don't like grinding". Please, just say "I don't like X". It doesn't get other players who don't mind annoyed.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Taco did it yesterday and pwned the people saying the new fleet spire visual projects are ripoffs from the joint command

Other way around, according to taco, who apparently built them

Niiiiiiiice.

I'd marry Tacofangs, if BranFlakes was already taken. Fortunately, I have until July to press my case with Bran!

:D:D:D:D
    edited January 2014
    Me? I don't have a problem. I don't use my alts because I'm too busy to focus on all three, so I just have my main Fed character. I just try to set it up so that I can do the event early in the morning, before work, hop on, do it, hop off and go about the rest of my day. I'm curious about what we're gonna get, what the new ship is gonna have and what awesome freebies we're gonna get.

(You guys think you can put the Nebula back as the freebie? I missed it the last time)

What I really don't like is everyone putting words into my mouth. The whole "We don't like ARC" or "We don't like grinding". Please, just say "I don't like X". It doesn't get other players who don't mind annoyed.

When I use the word we I am referring to all my characters, we don't like it. :D
    edited January 2014
    So playing here a little bit the skeptic, did you stop to think that maybe Cryptic let this one slip out to see our reactions? :rolleyes:
    edited January 2014
    It's possible I suppose , But knowing how often these things slip through , It could just as likely be an honest mistake
    12th Fleet
    edited January 2014
    It's possible I suppose , But knowing how often these things slip through , It could just as likely be an honest mistake

Could be lets see what happens next.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So playing here a little bit the skeptic, did you stop to think that maybe Cryptic let this one slip out to see our reactions? :rolleyes:

I doubt it actually.

The rather manic 'never mind the quality feel the width' responses from Cryptic seem pretty improvised.
    edited January 2014
    When I use the word we I am referring to all my characters, we don't like it. :D
    I give kantazo1 permission to speak to my dislike of grinding.

There, use "we" freely and without any fear of nitpickers.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    for me it all depends on the ships themselves they're atleast on par or better than the Breen Warship then i'll do the grind.

hopefully that other mission gives a reward too like a party popper thingy magiger :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    for me it all depends on the ships themselves they're atleast on par or better than the Breen Warship then i'll do the grind.

hopefully that other mission gives a reward too like a party popper thingy magiger :D
    [BEAVIS]Heh heh... You said "pooper"... heh heh.... [/BEAVIS]

Oh. Wait. You didn't.
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess it's just logical to enrich the anniversary event with another grind. Wouldn't feel like STO otherwise.
    edited January 2014
    I would like a toilet paper thrower cannon as part of the anniversary (activates automatically whenever a dev is close by) :D
    edited January 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    [BEAVIS]Heh heh... You said "pooper"... heh heh.... [/BEAVIS]

Oh. Wait. You didn't.

I think he did but it was cloaked, that is why I suggested the toilet paper thrower cannon. :D
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there any way we can team with others on these missions? It always helps to make missions more fun to be able to team sometimes.

And, just a thought, if we will need to grind through 16 times with each character we have, I would suggest creating 16 different episodes that can either be played back to back if the person has time in one sitting, or they can take their time going through them over the course of time.

Even though it is bothersome to run the rep system we now have, there is still the advantage that there are different missions, and we don't have to grind through the same one each time, if we don't want to.

However, only giving one mission to grind through would be like requiring everyone to only play The Cure Found to get Omega Marks. Very soon, more and more players will see that they don't need the Task Force Omega rep system to beat end game missions. The Aegis, or J'Hem set will do.

I am disabled, with no income, so I love that the game is free to play, otherwise I would never be able to play. But that doesn't mean that just because I have the time to grind, I am able to. My health has kept me out of the game before for up to a month. Then, when I got back in, I had to work, instead of play to catch up on my grinding.

I get that grinding is starting to become the norm for MMOs, and STO is following suit, because it is what brings in money. I am just suggesting that if you are going to make players work, instead of play, give them a story line.

Season 8 was a single story to explain show how we got to the sphere, but then it was all work, and no play. No more story line, just grind.

These events are starting to be the same. Give us some meat, a story line, something to enjoy while grinding. Otherwise it becomes a job. You come in, work at the same job for a few weeks, then get your pay check (this case, a ship). Games are meant to be played by the play-er, not a job.

Adding in stories will at least give some enjoyment. You can even pick foundry missions to assign these rewards to. People do them anyway. Why not pick the 16 top played, and have the rewards needed for the ships attached to them? Then there will be a stories, and we will not have to do the same thing all the time.

These are just a few thoughts I had. I don't mean for this to be a rant, if that is how it came across.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I might get one of these ships just to fly something different for a while. Good thing the ship swap system is coming soon.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No way am I don't that on all my alts. I'll need to see the full ship specs before I consider doing it on one of them.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • domvinadomvina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree with the poster a few pages back that it's just too soon having just gotten off the Winter event grind. I was looking forward to getting back to actually working on my characters and advancing them instead of grinding another "fun event".

I can live with grinds, it's part of the MMORPG formula, but spacing them out instead of piling them on is always preferred.