test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got up to page 17 before I stopped, since I can imagine the rest of the thread was basically the same.

Just gonna put up my 2 ECs here. I'm a full-time student at University right now who commutes for ~3 hours a day from home to class AND I have a part-time job. I have time to log in maybe 30 or 40 minutes every few days. Tops.

Now I was logging in pretty consistently and playing pretty consistently for the past two and a half weeks... because I was on break. But seriously??? You release a GRIND DURING SCHOOL??? I keep hoping this is a really bad joke that the Devs and a few dozen forumites are playing on everyone else... but this is ridiculous.

Now rep system grinds I can understand. Winter event grind I can understand. Summer grind... well I wasn't interested in the Corvette so I missed out on that one... but still. I mean cmon. You have thousands of students back in school. You have hundreds of businessman and other workers who are now back from vacation. And you give another grind? Really? Were you even thinking about those two classes of people? Or were you just thinking about the jobless bums living in their parent's basements who waste the little money they have on this game because they're unable to do anything else???

... /rant over...

-.-

^^^^^ This 1 million time, don't make the event to last 15-20 days, make this anniversary at least a 3 month long event.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    People like you who thinks that is the only one who can speak. You have 300 posts saying it is bad and 3 saying it is good, who do you think is right?
    You're implying that there's somehow an objective factor in it. Even if the entire population agrees on one position, it's still an opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Doing one mission for 15 days isn't fun, eh? Funny, that seems a bit off, from my point of view. The same can be said about the STF missions, doing them over and over and over and over again, day in and day out, isn't what I would considered fun.

The wrong on your point of view is that all those other missions you can do them whenever the heck you want, these are forced on you to do them in 15-20 days, there are people who work, who go to school that cannot do them

Nothing that is force is good, there is no one single thing even the best in the world that when it is forced on people they will find it attractive. Free will and free spirit is what defines who we are, that is why people fought and gave their lives against slavery.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You're implying that there's somehow an objective factor in it. Even if the entire population agrees on one position, it's still an opinion.

I know the problem is that more and more people are supporting the opinion that this is a wrong decision so by amount of points 300 > 5.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People like you who thinks that is the only one who can speak. You have 300 posts saying it is bad and 3 saying it is good, who do you think is right?

I think I'm right. That's why I'm expressing an opinion.

But that wasn't my question. Who's forcing you to do anything you don't want to do?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread length is OP, plz nerf.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Assuming we're talking about a 10 console, fleet level ship, then yeah, we be willing to work for those.

I remember the Oddy, the freebie was "show up", but the 5k package for three made the real thing unattainable for many.

So with a 10 minute shot a day, for ships actually worth having, that's not too bad, especially if it's just a patrol.

They are worth having right?
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know the problem is that more and more people are supporting the opinion that this is a wrong decision so by amount of points 300 > 5.
    And that's fine, but that doesn't make the point objective.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Doing one mission for 15 days isn't fun, eh? Funny, that seems a bit off, from my point of view. The same can be said about the STF missions, doing them over and over and over and over again, day in and day out, isn't what I would considered fun.

I don't get it.. I mean im really trying to figure out what your trying to say...

if your saying what I think you are.. no.. playing the "same" mission over and over again, with several characters, so more than 15 times of playing it.. is not fun to me.. if you find that fun, than I suggest watching paint dry, its about the same..

also, compairing it to the stf's is a little off.. first off, this game does it backwards.. you can do the "endgame content" and be eligible for the rewards every hour.. where most games let you run it once per difficulty per week.. (sure you can run it again if you want, but you wont get the rewards..).. that is usually what keeps people interested in content long term..

but the stf's are a completely different animal than the anniversary event.. not even in the same field of comparison.. not to mention, I didn't once mention anywhere that I enjoy playing the stf's over and over again.. not sure where you got that one..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I think I'm right. That's why I'm expressing an opinion.

But that wasn't my question. Who's forcing you to do anything you don't want to do?

I want the FREE ship that is the point, it suppose to be free.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh,yay! another field to toil in for Farm Trek

I guess my general apathy to even log into this game remains. Repetive grind is not content, in my opinion.

Keep your anniversary ship, not interested in another effing grind.

See you in season 9, hopefully there will be an actual purpose to all this useless farming for shiney TRIBBLE by then.:mad:
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Terrible idea. We just got out of a TRIBBLE grind-fest (winter event) and you add another?

GRIND IS NOT CONTENT!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I want the FREE ship that is the point, it suppose to be free.

So... your upset about what? Having to play the game to get the FREE ship?
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The wrong on your point of view is that all those other missions you can do them whenever the heck you want, these are forced on you to do them in 15-20 days, there are people who work, who go to school that cannot do them

Nothing that is force is good, there is no one single thing even the best in the world that when it is forced on people they will find it attractive. Free will and free spirit is what defines who we are, that is why people fought and gave their lives against slavery.
    Is someone holding a weapon to your head telling you that you MUST do them to play the game? No? How is that "forcing" you to do anything? The point stands.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    something I think a lot of people are not getting is, that you cant look at it as a ten to 20 minute grind per day per character.. the game has too much grind in it now..

lets say you want the ship, but you also need fleet cred, and your working on your reputation, not to mention trying to save up to buy fleet gear.. not to mention, almost all the content that gives you these marks and dil (dailies and what not) are 2-4 years old, minus the dyson project..

that means you have to
    1, grind fleet marks
    2, grind omega marks
    3, grind nukera marks
    4, grind dyson marks
    5, grind romulan marks
    6, grind dilithium
    7, grind doffs (or ec for them) (for fleet projects)
    8, grind 15 days for the anniversary ship/summer event/ce event/ winter event
    9, then, you can try to enjoy say the foundry, or a mission you like..

that is not a game my friends, that is a job.. I almost feel like I should be sending a time card to cryptic for my paycheck.. lol..
  • Options
    nickx9nickx9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    So... your upset about what? Having to play the game to get the FREE ship?

ha ha on the spot :D

I have read all of this for just the lulz

and 90% of replyes are : "I WANT EVERYTHING NAO, AND I DONT WANT DO DO ANYTHING TO GET IT, AND NO I DONT WANT TO PAY SO I DONT NEED TO DO ANYTHING, AND I WANT IT ON MY 23673 TOONS BECAUSE YOLO, AAAARRRGHHH" :D

To be serious Cryptic need to bold one statement:

"we took time to make something different for you (ungrateful bunch) , and give you OPPORTUNITY to get it for FREE" take it or go on your marry buisnesses

to edit my self: Those that really feel the need to have something in this or any other game, should really get some profesional help cuz you have addiction disorder and go on a rehab before its to late
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did you bother to read what the dev posted about doing the mission 16 times? Is that a grinding process or not? 16 times per each character you own and you have to do it in 15-20 days?

now it is you who did not read. I clearly said that the grind was a poor idea. And yes, I saw that. I in no way supported the grind. What I said was that by doing these grinds, people are telling PWE/cryptic that this is a great, fun, rewarding experience, and that the people complaining mostly admitted to supporting this system with the winter event and will do so again for this event.... 300 negative posts do not add up to 10000 players lining up to earn new boats --- and 250 of the posters right in the line with everyone else.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Oh,yay! another field to toil in for Farm Trek

I guess my general apathy to even log into this game remains. Repetive grind is not content, in my opinion.

Keep your anniversary ship, not interested in another effing grind.

Why play an MMO then? They are (almost?) all based around repetitive content for the possibility of minimally better gear at high levels. You don't want repetitive content? There are millions of single player games out there - Play one of those.

Personally, I have three characters right now, and will likely aim to get this new ship on at least two of them, and possibly all three - As all I have on them is the basic ship you get for free at level 40, I suspect it'll be a marked improvement (Although I have got the Breen Raider still packaged up for the main character, he is for some reason very reluctant to unpack it)...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/2MyXrWt.jpg

(Event reputation has been extended with a 4th project slot)

Great, more grinding.............
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nickx9 wrote: »

and 90% of replyes are : "I WANT EVERYTHING NAO, AND I DONT WANT DO DO ANYTHING TO GET IT, AND NO I DONT WANT TO PAY SO I DONT NEED TO DO ANYTHING, AND I WANT IT ON MY 23673 TOONS BECAUSE YOLO, AAAARRRGHHH" :D

"we took time to make something different for you (ungrateful bunch) , and give you OPPORTUNITY to get it for FREE" take it or go on your marry buisnesses

I accidentley flushed a Rolex down the toilet, If you dig up my septic tank for it, you can have it.
    Sounds right up your alley Lord Grind.:P
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well in the Massively interview of Stephen D'angelo http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/23/captains-log-supplemental-stos-stephen-dangelo-speaks/

He said this:
    There is always a tension between building straightforward story content and building content that is designed for repeated play. Story content takes more dev time to develop. It is very popular, but it is consumed very quickly and has less "replayability." Content designed for repeat play is generally lighter on story, but we work hard to fit these pieces of content into support roles or backstory for the main storyline. We are striving for a balance here that keeps the story moving forward, while providing players replayable content. Reputations are a way to reward players for playing the content, so we do plan to continue having them for most content.

I took this to mean he wants to get as much grind as possible in any new content. Last year for the anniversary event we just had to complete Temporal Ambassador once to get a free tier 5 ship. Then later we just had to complete Sphere of Influence once to get a free ship. Now we're going to have to grind for a free ship. I don't care how cool it is, it's a boring pain having to do the same damned mission over and over and over and over for it.

I'm starting to miss Dan Stahl. Since this new guy took over, things are changing drastically. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nickx9 wrote: »

some might be acting like this, but not all.. that one guy said he wants it free and blah blah.. the majority of the people making valid points and being human about it are saying that we have had enouph of the grind.. were saying that while everything shouldn't be free, this was something we could look forward to being free.. I own every ship I have wanted, weather I pay or grind for it.. I am not saying I wont work for it. I have spent more on this game, than I have in ten years of paying to play wow (and this game still is not 4 years old)..

its like buying a car, sometimes the free floor mats go a long way.. nothing is free in this game.. nothing.. there used to be, but that ship sailed long ago.. and alas, the last refuge of enjoyable, free content, has been swallowed up by greed and selfishness..

think what you want bro, but at the end of the say, like the other guy was posting.. there is less than 10 people who have replied they are ok with "this" event changing like this, and close to 300 against it.. that shows me that somethins is not right.. and I said it before.. it doesn't need to be the uber, 10 console super awesome ship that's free, but like the past, you give a mediocre one out, and then give us the better later for sale..

all I read when I read your post was flaming. step it up, be a big boy. your response held the same weight as those who cry they want everything free..
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bran, I like to think of myself as an honest person, so I'll be honest here.

No matter how many bells and whistles it has; it's still another grind. Yes, the free 'Qmendations' for completing the 'storyline' mission are a help and I wouldn't mind seeing something similar instituted for the Summer/Winter Events... but it's still another grind in the end to get the rest of them. I suppose we should be glad that it's 'Party Patrol' and not another race.

All the 'bells and whistles' in the galaxy don't mean a thing if the grind has players thinking "You know what? Forget it, I don't want the Anniversary Ship - I'll just equip my favorite ship with the best gear I can and learn to use it to greatest effect, it'll be cheaper and easier in the long run."

Just... keep it in mind, okay, Dev team?

My thoughts too.
    And its nice to see someone with guts enough to tell dev's how they feel instead of sucking up to them when they make a post.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Everything is free in this game. Paying money only gives you shortcuts.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reality check

1. You will do the event
    2. You will grind it
    3. You will get the ship
    4. Because you cant be that guy that doesnt have it
    5. Gotta catch em all
    6. Pokemon
    7. Youll never use it
    8. No one cares you never use it
    9. Post on forums in a week you have nothing to do again.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the main issue here isn't that this is some grind for a new ship. That by itself I think is somewhat reasonable given that good items needs some sort of cost associated with it. However, I think most people are placing this new item in the context of what is already in the game. When you've got 1 hour to spend and you spend 50 minutes of it doing "maintenance content" like other reputations, STF's, etc., then those last 10 minutes are very valuable to a person. If people only need to spend 10 minutes on maintenance content, then an additional 10 minutes is nothing. It's the same 10 minutes, but placing them in two different contexts yield very different impressions.

So for all of you who say it's not that big of a grind for a good ship, you're right, but you're also neglecting the fact that this new grind is not being introduced in a vacuum.
  • Options
    nickx9nickx9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    some might be acting like this, but not all.. that one guy said he wants it free and blah blah.. the majority of the people making valid points and being human about it are saying that we have had enouph of the grind.. were saying that while everything shouldn't be free, this was something we could look forward to being free.. I own every ship I have wanted, weather I pay or grind for it.. I am not saying I wont work for it. I have spent more on this game, than I have in ten years of paying to play wow (and this game still is not 4 years old)..

its like buying a car, sometimes the free floor mats go a long way.. nothing is free in this game.. nothing.. there used to be, but that ship sailed long ago.. and alas, the last refuge of enjoyable, free content, has been swallowed up by greed and selfishness..

think what you want bro, but at the end of the say, like the other guy was posting.. there is less than 10 people who have replied they are ok with "this" event changing like this, and close to 300 against it.. that shows me that somethins is not right.. and I said it before.. it doesn't need to be the uber, 10 console super awesome ship that's free, but like the past, you give a mediocre one out, and then give us the better later for sale..

all I read when I read your post was flaming. step it up, be a big boy. your response held the same weight as those who cry they want everything free..

Nothing is free in life ether , its the way some chose to look at things , everything costs something ether time or money.

I to personally dont like the form of grind and the way some things are done but i simply dont do them

And for those 300 yealing on forums there will b 3000 in game that dont come here playing , happy to get free ship, or ignore it cuz they dont like it or whatever

the one thing in all the posts of negativity you mention is NEED , you dont need enything in this game
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so for u guys is better to have free useless 9 console no universal console ship like every year then to work a bit for 10 consoles +universal console ship?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't necessarily plan on using the ship... I actually just bought a Vesta... but maybe it will have a cool console or something.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/2MyXrWt.jpg

(Event reputation has been extended with a 4th project slot)

Hmm.. I remember seeing a rumor about this.. Something about the mission itself rewarding about 400 of the marks and having to grind for the rest through (Undine?)queues or something.

It makes me wonder if the Hirogen Lockbox part of that same rumor was true as well.. I guess we'll find out at the end of the month.