test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To answer the OP - None.

I'm resting from the winter grind, before the summer grind.

Also going to rename my STO desktop shortcut to :

Grinding Online

Only missing an autumn (fall) grind now to spend the whole year back to back grinding. :(

[Edit: to be fair, Cryptic did not invent the grind in Star Trek, the TV show did]
    edited February 2014
    This is the real problem. What we do now will determine the future of the game. If you grind now you will be grinding forever.

Not a problem if you dont mind grinding of course, but it is not for me, thank you.

Spring (Anniversary Event) Grind
    Summer Grind
    *Place holder, for we told them so edit*
    Winter Grind

Just missing one... who, next Autumn (Fall) will post the complete list, you or I ;)

Star Trek Online, where you don't see the "stars" due to grinding in ground missions.

New : Grinding Online - Now with Starfleet uniforms !!!!!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3. 1 fed, 1 rom, 1 kdf that's it out of 7.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    2. KDF and Rom Sci.
    My two Feds are already set up, one with the Fleet Olympic (or rather the Death Star pretending to be an Olympic) and the other with a Fleet Nebula.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    This. The ship is weak as heck compared to pretty much everything else out there. I had lots of lobi so i got it fast, outfitted it with ubergear that buffed everything it had and went to work.

It was so meh I am having major buyers regret with my LOBI... i mean I knew the ship wasn't going to be the end all be all but I thought it might be worth something with it's gimmick... lol nope, without its gimmick its just a bad ship. With it, its a bad ship with a gimmick.

if you really really really want a science ship its ok. Not good. Certainly not great. Just ok.

This, after doing the main FE 9 times I am burned out. I got the ship in two of my toons via lobi store. And I am totally unimpressed, the ship is weak as heck, the click tactical constantly to activate the proton cannon gets old quickly. The shield is like non existent, when you activate it, you get such a lousy boost that any other of my shield skills are 1000 time better than the one on the ship. Not impressed at all.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did the mission so I could hear Tim Russ. Well done, Mr. Russ!

That said, the mission does not bear fruit; it does not serve Vaal. ;)

It has nothing to offer me, really. The set is a great leveling set akin to the Jem Hadar set for example but that's about it.

For players newer to the game that are still getting Fleet Marks or STF marks, etc there is utility in the set, but otherwise the ship and its sets do NOTHING for me.

The deciding factor to make me NOT grind for it was the deafening silence to the obvious pushback against the grind from the devs, as well as the double-dipping C-Store nonsense. THAT irritated me.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    The "fancy" core and deflector should not be locked behind anything. They should be in the Dil store for the same price as other Mk12 items.

This is a whole other can of worms that is neither here nor there as far as a "should the ship be locked" conversation goes...

I mean, Cryptic "obviously" believes that they need a 15 day grind within 2 weeks of ending a 25 day grind. They also have made it quite clear that these two parts are going to be available only through this event, and should not be "easy" to acquire.

Otherwise, why hold the grind in the first place? Or stick with the grind even after the what, hundred pages of posts decrying the grind?

Therefore, to have a better chance of being heard, I feel proposals leaving in some kind of grind is necessary, if only to acknowledge that we aren't gonna get a free pass, otherwise we would have by now. However, it's not too late for Cryptic to "rekit" the Dyson ship with a Mk X white warp core & secondary to increase mission participation by Alts, and leave the grind in to both keep their desires for a grind around and escape the inevitable "I paid good lobi for "something" (obviously "ship") and now I didn't need to pay it..." cries.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The event is blah other then the ships specifically the Romulan ship that looks great. Tuvok did great and a nice episode if you can play it. The EV suit is nice.

I hope people realize the space set is watered down versions of good space sets. Starting with the Dyson set being watered down. So, I'm not into grinding but 500 dilithium is a boost. I'm not a fan of running muiltiple missions so honestly I don't care if I get the space set.

I will just get the Borg, Maco, or Dyson set on the Romulan. TRIBBLE Cryptic thinking I will play a mission muiltiple times (9 times), and also grind for a space set.

Sorry. This was a bad idea and taking the hourly events was a bad idea.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2014
    It is a outstanding Noob level 50 ship

That is all I have to say about that ..........................................
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited February 2014
    And when this grind is over they will come out with another 3 months of grinding something else until the summer event.
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just like the "Look" of the ship if you could get the look and apply it to your other ships then I'd be more inclined to grind for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am trying to figure out why people are so butthurt.

I log in each toon for 2-3 minutes, and im done for the day for that part of the grind.

O_o

Are people honestly complaining about 2-3 minutes per toon?

I thought id heard it all.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rylana wrote:

I log in each toon for 2-3 minutes, and im done for the day for that part of the grind.

O_o

I think it's more than that to be fair if your having to grind out rep, you're either doing Tau Dewa, Nukara, Borg STFs and then you have the rest then its 2-3 minutes per toon for one character for the mini q's. All while using up valuable XP which you cannot get as easily if your doing it on multiple toons.

One toon I woudn't see a problem
    5 toons and I can see the screen fill with rage lol

Playing a game should be fun, it shouldn't be like a second job and in fact if i wanted a second job i'd go out and get one at least i'd get paid for it.

You are right though you don't have to do it if you don't want to at the end of the day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ijimithy wrote: »
    I think it's more than that to be fair if your having to grind out rep, you're either doing Tau Dewa, Nukara, Borg STFs and then you have the rest then its 2-3 minutes per toon for one character for the mini q's. All while using up valuable XP which you cannot get as easily if your doing it on multiple toons.

One toon I woudn't see a problem
    5 toons and I can see the screen fill with rage lol

Playing a game should be fun, it shouldn't be like a second job and in fact if i wanted a second job i'd go out and get one at least i'd get paid for it.

You are right though you don't have to do it if you don't want to at the end of the day

Nah I mean just for the mini game itself. 2-3 minutes tops. Its how i finish all of my chars that are doing it. Use the event transwarp, pop down to the academy, blam done in 2-3 minutes

Adds maybe a total of 15 minutes to my total "chores" when i get on in the afternoon.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Originally I planned on grinding this on my Frommie Sci toon and running the FE on my other toons for the eq, but with the combination of both grind and the c-store cost to get the full Monty, I've decided to drop it completely. Last year I ran the FE on all toons and ended up spending cash in the c-store. This year the cash goes for armouries in DCUO, which is not the game that I want to be spending it on...

One personal point I'll make here; IF this was NOT the anniversary event and was NOT timelocked then I probably WOULD grind for the ships and SPEND the CASH.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014

O_o

We are. It's not that we are complaining about 2 or 3 minutes but Cryptic attitude towards the player base.

I am a Star Trek fan and played Star Trek Online since Season 1. What I expect from a game especially Star Trek Online is some difficulty, some exploration, some socializing, and a ship of my own.

The current grind is pretty much mindless as much of the recent content. I've started marketing. The FE mission is a gimmick to rope people into playing and it works well. The grind is meant to keep the attention of the player base for 2 or 3 minutes. That works well too. While we are playing this, Cryptic takes away goodies. Dangling the new ships like a carrot on a stick.

Honestly, when New Romulus came out I spent hours walking around exploring. I use to go into Nebula to explore planets no matter how dangerous it was.

I have 3 toons. It took me 3 months to max my Romulan characters, and 2 weeks to max the other ones afterwards. The sad part the KDF is already rep maxed and I only did half the episodes, while the character is going have the best gear around including Fleet and Dyson gear. If I play the missions I can pass them easily too.

People are tired of Cryptic treating Star Trek Online players as cattle and mindless players dangling carrots in front of us. There are so many things Cryptic that can do to bring the whole idea of Star Trek back into the game including socializing and exploration.
    edited February 2014
    Nah I mean just for the mini game itself. 2-3 minutes tops. Its how i finish all of my chars that are doing it. Use the event transwarp, pop down to the academy, blam done in 2-3 minutes

Adds maybe a total of 15 minutes to my total "chores" when i get on in the afternoon.

It is not the 2-3 minutes is the 15-20 days doing the same 2-3 minutes over and over and over again.

If the event would last 3 months you could take a break and comeback and don't get burned down, but the way it is right now, you are FORCED to do it in the TIME ALLOTED BY CRYPTIC, NO COOL.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We are. It's not that we are complaining about 2 or 3 minutes but Cryptic attitude towards the player base.

I am a Star Trek fan and played Star Trek Online since Season 1. What I expect from a game especially Star Trek Online is some difficulty, some exploration, some socializing, and a ship of my own.

The current grind is pretty much mindless as much of the recent content. I've started marketing. The FE mission is a gimmick to rope people into playing and it works well. The grind is meant to keep the attention of the player base for 2 or 3 minutes. That works well too. While we are playing this, Cryptic takes away goodies. Dangling the new ships like a carrot on a stick.

Honestly, when New Romulus came out I spent hours walking around exploring. I use to go into Nebula to explore planets no matter how dangerous it was.

I have 3 toons. It took me 3 months to max my Romulan characters, and 2 weeks to max the other ones afterwards. The sad part the KDF is already rep maxed and I only did half the episodes, while the character is going have the best gear around including Fleet and Dyson gear. If I play the missions I can pass them easily too.

People are tired of Cryptic treating Star Trek Online players as cattle and mindless players dangling carrots in front of us. There are so many things Cryptic that can do to bring the whole idea of Star Trek back into the game including socializing and exploration.

Biggest problem i have with the last 2 fe missions is.... MMO where you can't team-up with fleet-mates to do a mission...
    STO is more a single person game then a mmo...
    edited February 2014
    ijimithy wrote: »

Wrong,

If you want to complete the set from the FE, then you "HAVE" to do it.

That is why some are raging about it.

FE 3 out of 4 for the set, the 4th, locked behind 15 days of guess the box or chase idiot, oh and trying doing the guess the box when some a-holes are on and just keep jumping about your boxes :mad:
    edited February 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    Wrong,

If you want to complete the set from the FE, then you "HAVE" to do it.

That is why some are raging about it.

FE 3 out of 4 for the set, the 4th, locked behind 15 days of guess the box or chase idiot, oh and trying doing the guess the box when some a-holes are on and just keep jumping about your boxes :mad:

Yesterday there was I trying to finish the stupid daily and this idiot kept coming and stood right there in the middle of my boxes so I couldn't finish the quest, he did 3 times on a row.
  • domvinadomvina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Three. My Fed Sci for actual use and my Fed and KDF "mains" just because I'm a ship collector.
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Yesterday there was I trying to finish the stupid daily and this idiot kept coming and stood right there in the middle of my boxes so I couldn't finish the quest, he did 3 times on a row.

And this is why I did not like it first time around and why I refuse to do it this time.

At least the winter and summer races, once you start, you can ignore other players and they cannot actually stop you.

When you consider the IP, there are some people, who really do not belong as all they do is disrupt others and try to be as mean as possible.
  • zinfyndaelzinfyndael Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I thought about doing the grind, but so soon after the Winter Grind Fest, I just can't bring myself to do it. I want more content, not more grinding... I miss the days when I first started playing STO and was able to really enjoy the stories and adventures... Now, with multiple level capped toons, I'm just really starting to loose my incentive to play with nothing but daily grinds...

I've found myself moving back to other MMOs such as LOTRO and DDO. Yes, they have their own grinds as well, but at least I feel like in LOTRO I am accomplishing something since they reward you with Turbine points pretty much with everything you do. This way I can unlock expansions which offer multitudes of new quests and content that is new to me...

I love STO, and probably won't move away completely, but c'mon with the incessant grinding. Give us something worth playing for...
  • r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i have to say the 4th Aniversary event is very disappointing why all of a sudden after 3 aniversary events with free ships do we now have to grind for one i would be nice to have a event where we did not have to grind for something and we had to do some missons to get the ship like the new feature episode why not give us the ship when we finish the misson i tought the Aniversary was to celebrate 4 years of playing sto so surely we we should get some reward for sticking with the game for so long after all without us there would be no game just seems strange after giving us the oddessy for free and the enterprise c for free why now we have to grind what do you guys think
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do think the previous 2 anniversaries felt more festive. *shrug* I don't really see the added value of the 15-day grind to what otherwise would've been a great anniversary, what with the really good mission and general festiveness.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r24681012 wrote: »
    why all of a sudden after 3 aniversary events with free ships do we now have to grind for one

Because giving us a ship for free means they lose an opportunity to make money.

We can grind for it and earn it without expending resources or we can pay to skip the grind by buying lobi. Sure people may not spend real cash to get lobi, but someone somewhere buys the keys (and promotional doff packs) to sell on the exchange.

Just think of all those times like the summer event and winter event when people pay to get the prize ship on day one then you'll know that there are people that will pay whatever to get their hands on the new shinies and trinkets and they are the reason we have these grinds, because it makes Cryptic cash.

It just coincides with the time of year we used to have an anniversary on, we don't have them any more.
    edited February 2014
    defalus wrote: »
    Because giving us a ship for free means they lose an opportunity to make money.

We can grind for it and earn it without expending resources or we can pay to skip the grind by buying lobi. Sure people may not spend real cash to get lobi, but someone somewhere buys the keys (and promotional doff packs) to sell on the exchange.

Just think of all those times like the summer event and winter event when people pay to get the prize ship on day one then you'll know that there are people that will pay whatever to get their hands on the new shinies and trinkets and they are the reason we have these grinds, because it makes Cryptic cash.

That is why they are making the triple packs and putting them in the C-Store

Enjoy your 2 week grind, for 2 weeks after that, the better version will be about - then tell me it was worth the time and effort
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I'm not doing it either, grinding for something that was meant to be FREE is ridiculous!
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • masternecromanmasternecroman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really don't see the big deal why everyone is grieving bout the event, it's just 5 mins long each day so big deal.