test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1. Only on my new Rom science char.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am doing it on 10 characters, and the Academy mission is taking me about 30 minutes for all 10.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just my main Fed Tac. I got two others, but I focus too much time on my Fed Tac to bother with them.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been wondering...

Ostensibly, the grind is because we're getting the ship, specialty warp core, and specialty secondary deflector all in the same package...

The "only" reason I can see doing this is because of the secondary deflector being integral to the ship...

Yet I wonder, what if the ship was released, as per these anniversary events, on the first playthrough of "step between stars", with the "standard" slate of white Mk VIII or Mk X gear (including white secondary deflector) due a "freebie" ship, and lock the fancy core and secondary deflector behind the 15 day grind?

Would we have more grinders? Less? Who knows, I have a feeling that there might be a lot less rage if it was done that way than the way we have it?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On all my 4 mains, but not sure if i'll get the ship on any of them. In any case, if I do not get the ships, the Qmendations will go towards next year.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On eight toons.
    I did the 3rd on six toons (all six have since been deleted).
    I did the 2nd on four toons (all four were deleted before the 3rd).

Hrmmmm...
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    None. I don't like the way the ships look or fly and the event is boring. I might do the Party Crashers a couple more times (I've done it once) for the other goodies you can get.

Might rerun the FE for environmental suits.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Two out of fourteen.

One is my ship collector, the other a relatively new KDF sci toon and thats just to get the warp core to make the four set.

Two more will run the Fe to get the 3 piece space set sans warp core.

I will not be spending a penny in the cstore for now, especially not on the cstore variants of these ships.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    None, its too much trouble for a 9 console ship. Its basically just comparable to free level 40 ships.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    One, for the looks. It's a mediocre ship.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    8 Toons... my 6 science officers and 1 Tac and 1 Eng. Takes me about 30 minutes to complete on everyone.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    None. Its a T4 ship at best. Also I looked at it and realized I had the ship already only in a better form. The 1000 day vet ships also transform, have better boff layouts and are 4/3 all the time.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • agentdanielsagentdaniels Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i am doing this for all my six chars but only 3 of them had completed the FE runs to get all the set items.

i am so burned out and stressed , probably need another game to de-stress myself :P

need a break, no moar event pls...lol
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    None. Secondary deflectors will be rolled out to other ships in time anyway so there's no rush :)
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014

My "Main", a Fed Sci, who's getting it for completeness, and my alt Fed Sci (around since right after 2nd anniversary), my KDF sci, and my Fed-Rom Sci...

Was thinking of doing it on some Tacticals too, but the only one I'd want it for is my KDF Tac, who's currently rocking the Breen Raider...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm working on getting them on three alts... one for each faction. Am only grinding for the ships at the moment, as none of the three alts are level 50 yet. I will worry about the set pieces when they hit VA so they're all Mk XII stuff...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    five.

Main: Fed Tac

ALTS:

KDF: Tac
    RR: Tac
    FED: ENG
    FED: SCI
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    I've been wondering...

Ostensibly, the grind is because we're getting the ship, specialty warp core, and specialty secondary deflector all in the same package...

The "only" reason I can see doing this is because of the secondary deflector being integral to the ship...

Yet I wonder, what if the ship was released, as per these anniversary events, on the first playthrough of "step between stars", with the "standard" slate of white Mk VIII or Mk X gear (including white secondary deflector) due a "freebie" ship, and lock the fancy core and secondary deflector behind the 15 day grind?

Would we have more grinders? Less? Who knows, I have a feeling that there might be a lot less rage if it was done that way than the way we have it?

The "fancy" core and deflector should not be locked behind anything. They should be in the Dil store for the same price as other Mk12 items.
  • neotanrimneotanrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    momaw wrote: »
    I mean, it's a cool ship and all, but is it worth 2 weeks of doing the same goofy almost-game over and over? You know they're gonna make a C-store version which is numerically superior, so if you actually WANT that kind of ship and plan to fly it, why wouldn't you just buy the better one instead? And if you don't plan to fly it, why bother having one?

Discuss. :-/

Actually, the ship you get to use in the mission itself seems to be the c-store version. 10 consoles instead of 9 and a better Secondary Deflector from the "free" ship, from what I'm told. The "free" one comes with a blue one rather than the purple it has. That one is for the c-store ship, along with the 3 extra consoles. So, if you're expecting what you grind out to be as good you're in for a disappointment. Showing the better version of the ship was cool and all but it also seems a little manipulative. I'm not going to bother with the "free" ship or store versions, though, so it means little to me.

As for the mission itself, I wasn't that impressed. It was poorly written and frankly boring. One of the few good things about it was Tim Russ, he did a good job as Tuvok. The other was the space flight part. While that part of the mission wasn't very good in and of itself, mostly because there wasn't nearly enough to do, it was still a nice addition to the game and one that could open up a lot of other things. It's just too bad that part of the mission had very little meat to it and the 3 door locks just felt like an artificial way to extend the time spent in space.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2014

KDF Romulan and FED Romulan sci's
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry, but I used up all my Meh's during my last Cryptic rant. But I do have a nice big box of " I Can't Believe It's Not I don't Give A Fig ".
    ^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

the grinds are killing me.....
  • mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    2-4. I only have four characters, but I only really play two, ever, my Starfleet Tactical and Romgon Engineer. A couple of my friends tempted me into doing the daily on my Starfleet Science and Klingon Tactical, but I keep going back and forth on whether I want to bother, even as I do it on them.
  • neotanrimneotanrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Zero. Doing the winter event stuff on a few characters ground me enough into the dirt for a while. Have no intention of doing more of the same for a ship I'd probably never use anyway.

The federation version being one of the most hideous things I've ever seen also makes the choice of not doing it easier.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1 a faction, 2 tacs and 1 sci. i specifically choose empty instances on academy ground and ignore the q presents, i instead choose the catching, goes far faster.

nearly up 600 marks, should be done on the 14th with all three, assuming..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3, one Science from each Faction. While i'm doing on my Fed because I might as well (since I don't really need any more ships there), it's a smart idea to get it for my KDF and almost compulsory for my Rom.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    None. I was put off by the way this "event" was designed. I would have bought the ships in the Z-store later but not with the purchase being per faction. Its just gotten to be too much.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    None.

If the ship turns out to be worth having I'll buy one, but even that looks unlikely.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Doing the grindaversary on 4 chars. My main who's a tac, a relativley new rommie sci, a fed sci, and a KDF engineer.

I know it's mainly a sci ship, but my tac main did very well with the ship during the FE, so I decided to go ahead and grab the ship.

My two sci captains does not need to be explained, they are sci chars.

As for my KDF engineer, well, that was a random choice of my KDF alts, as I could not decide.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    If everyone said stuff the grind - it would not happen again, alas, people are doing it, so Cryptic will feel justified next year to do it again to us as people are doing it this year :mad: :(

This is the real problem. What we do now will determine the future of the game. If you grind now you will be grinding forever.

Not a problem if you dont mind grinding of course, but it is not for me, thank you.