Options

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

Comments

• Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Sensors detect a troll thread Captain.

It's not a troll thread. It's a support thread.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    ajddominionajddominion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc has potential. Its interface is clean both out of game and in game. Some of the things I love with Steam or make sense for the client, such as Chat Support (which you apparently have coming soon), integration with existing in game friend lists (guessing that is a part of Chat support), and an in-game browser (Love the ability to look up things or post here sometimes while still in the game), would make this a better experience.

Since I am entrenched with Steam and have many connections there, it would be very difficult and impossible to have some of them added to Arc. I wish Arc the best of luck though.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Arc has potential. Its interface is clean both out of game and in game. Some of the things I love with Steam or make sense for the client, such as Chat Support (which you apparently have coming soon), integration with existing in game friend lists (guessing that is a part of Chat support), and an in-game browser (Love the ability to look up things or post here sometimes while still in the game), would make this a better experience.

Since I am entrenched with Steam and have many connections there, it would be very difficult and impossible to have some of them added to Arc. I wish Arc the best of luck though.

These are the types of posts I love to see. Constructive and balanced.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm surprised no one has joined my channel
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm surprised no one has joined my channel

You are?
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014

im with you lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not a troll thread. It's a support thread.

Ha. I have seen this kind of trolling many times. Not buying it for a second.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Looks like it's a merger.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    These are the types of posts I love to see. Constructive and balanced.

...that lean towards your motives.... :P

I like to see posts that are constructive and balanced towards Caitians! =^.^= ...the forgotten race in the corporate office. =U.U=
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc is a silly, bloated attempt to promote PWE's other games. I only have time for ONE MMO, not several. I find no general purpose or need for ARC and I find it a waste of space and resources.

If forced to use ARC to play STO, then I will leave the game until ARC is no longer required.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    resumodresumod Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We've got a beta version of our new website and Arc client ready for your feedback.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1076561

Please take a look and let us know what you think. You can post feedback here in this thread, or follow the feedback instructions listed in the blog.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

-Dezstravus

Old side style
    old9nsxk.jpg

New side style
    newy4sdo.jpg

Yes, very good work.
    How about a normal looking side without loading scriptes from all over the net?
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Once I get in-game, I will be starting a channel for Arc supporters!

Medic ... MEDIC !!!! :D
  • Options
    resumodresumod Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Medic ... MEDIC !!!! :D

He's dead Jim.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nobody's joining your channel because the vast majority of us are saying "Oh, well" to Arc. We'll tolerate it (or in my case use Steam) because the game itself is fun. A few people are stamping their feet and trying to prove King Canute wrong. And you and one other guy are actually cheerleading for this thing, which quite frankly I don't understand, but then there's a lot of things about humans I don't understand, so this just goes on the pile.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Nobody's joining your channel because the vast majority of us are saying "Oh, well" to Arc. We'll tolerate it (or in my case use Steam) because the game itself is fun. A few people are stamping their feet and trying to prove King Canute wrong. And you and one other guy are actually cheerleading for this thing, which quite frankly I don't understand, but then there's a lot of things about humans I don't understand, so this just goes on the pile.

What other guy are you referring to?
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    He is talking about me. I have been using ARC since May 28 2013 with no issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    He is talking about me. I have been using ARC since May 28 2013 with no issues.

Cool! It's nice to meet a fellow Arc supporter!
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    resumod wrote: »
    Old side style
    old9nsxk.jpg

New side style
    newy4sdo.jpg

Yes, very good work.

Lose the image tags. It's overriding the url and taking you to the thumbnail.

Like so:
    Old side style
    http://abload.de/image.php?img=old9nsxk.jpg

New side style
    http://abload.de/image.php?img=newy4sdo.jpg

Yes, very good work.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Old side style
    old9nsxk.jpg

New side style
    newy4sdo.jpg

Yes, very good work.

You do realize you are not even on the new site going by the second link.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Lose the image tags. It's overriding the url and taking you to the thumbnail.

Like so:

Don't worry, PWE will fix it soon. Arc is a main priority and they will make it as user-friendly as possible.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hey, can anyone create an Arc trailer?
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi...

...arcgames.com Feedback:

Unfortunately not a single RSS Feed in all of arcgames.com is working, they deliver only a minor part of news and are extremely outdated (e.g. for STO from 01/2013).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi...

...arcgames.com Feedback:

Unfortunately not a single RSS Feed in all of arcgames.com is working, they deliver only a minor part of news and are extremely outdated (e.g. for STO from 01/2013).

I'm sure they'll fix it.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1. Well with Arc, if STO is already installed you shouldn't have to re-download it. It should recognize your previous install and allow you to run it through Arc. If that's not the case though (and in some instances it isn't), let us know. We're still working on ironing out all the bugs, and this one is pretty high on our list.

2. I understand your worry, but you have to look at it from a bigger perspective. Net security is a big deal, for any company dealing with net based programs, etc. This can happen to anyone, as shown by your examples. We're doing our best to prevent security breaches though.

3. Bugs on Arc are handled by a completely different team than STO bugs. The developers at Cryptic are extremely talented and work around the clock to iron out all the bugs they can. If you find a bug, submit a ticket and try to gather as much proof as you can. If possible, screenshot or record the steps on how you found this bug. This helps the developers find and squash those bugs.
    Well I got a new computer. I had to download STO onto it again (completely forgot I had a hard copy). By that time the only download was via ARC. I decided fine, I'll give it a try. So I downloaded it and everything worked great. I did not use Arc again until the freebies came out. Then came Season 8.5. Afterwards whenever I try to open STO from the standard launcher and enter the game without ARC on, it crashes at the Cryptic screen. This morning for some reason Arc kept timing out. Did I have the option to enter the game through the original launcher? No. I find that unacceptable. Especially if Arc is in Beta still it feels like I'm being forced to use Arc.

So if this is a bug, I'm reporting it. I sent off the crash report all dozen times that it happened, I hope you look into it.

Also, large amounts of arsenic will do your heart wonders!

Well that's true if you're a Klingon.

And is it just me or are they not updating the STO.perfectworld site anymore? For instance, why the heck is Dev Blog 54 ONLY on my Arc browser? That defies logic. What the heck is wrong that you guys seem to believe that I shouldn't get update information through my normal Firefox?!??? The Perfectworld Sto site hasn't been updated since the Dyson set ships. What is going on? I shouldn't have to open a different program to read an internet blog.

For the record Arc will only be active on my computer as long as I am playing STO period.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    the reason being is that site is no more. the new site is arcgames.com. direct link is http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the reason being is that site is no more. the new site is arcgames.com. direct link is http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online

I'm not talking about the Site, i'm talking about their RSS Feeds, direct link is http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/rss
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Was responding to the poster before me. I could care less for the RSS feeds. The only RSS feeds I care about are from the public safety, police and fire from the city I live in.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Thank you. Man you would think that they would just put in a redirect instead of leaving up a derelict. :confused:
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Thank you. Man you would think that they would just put in a redirect instead of leaving up a derelict. :confused:

There actually is a redirect, I'm suprised you didn't get it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    There actually is a redirect, I'm suprised you didn't get it.

Fascinating. :confused:

Whenever I type in Sto.perfectworld.com I go straight to the old site. And if I type in the old Startrekonline.com.
This discussion has been closed.