What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

Comments

• Options
    cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't mind Arc, but again the simple fact is like most STO fans I just don't play the other PW games, not that I'm not aware of them.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cyckath wrote: »
    I don't mind Arc, but again the simple fact is like most STO fans I just don't play the other PW games, not that I'm not aware of them.

It is still an efficient method of combining all of the websites into one thing, which will really help organize players.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ARC is ugly, unprofessional-looking bloatware that spies on my hard drive and shoves ads with animated cleavage bimbettes in my face. No, thanks.

Wait, animated cleavage bimbettes?

nah, if I need the thrill I can sneak peeks at Playboy. No need for PWE ads.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For me I think I can sum up my experience now having tinkered with it a bit. For oce for me simply and quicky as someone who has only ever used the install launcher until now.
    If this is you first multi-game launcher,its a bit rubber handed in terms of the accessibility to the content of the game you want.
    If you play just sto, this is imo a pain in the TRIBBLE in general.
    If you play more than one pwe game then this may be of more use to you.
    Personally I only play sto, almost all day, almost everyday, I don't play any other game.
    So I just prefer the ingame laucher to get started and sit trawling the forums whilst I relax over a beer in the evening.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    mwaldron99 wrote: »
    People hate Steam, Origin, Uplay - for some reason.

Anything that organizes a twisted crazy hard disk into categories isn't bad. In fact, Arc isn't a virus or anything, it's very helpful as a news reader and feature announcements.

One true thing, people will hate. But that makes them happy. let them hate. Make your own decision, let it not be changed with any hater.

Just how it is, sorry some won't like arc no matter if it came with a free lifetime sub.
    This man is wise, and sees it like it is.

If you guys would like to influence ARC's development by speaking out on how you might want it, consult our ARC Dev on the forums using this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=977831&page=135
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love ARC the same way I love the Norovirus.

Keep it away from me, plz.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This man is wise, and sees it like it is.

If you guys would like to influence ARC's development by speaking out on how you might want it, consult our ARC Dev on the forums using this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=977831&page=135

That don't listen to feedback.

People have told them we don't like it, they haven't said a word or even acknowledged that. They chugged on forward. I offered to retype a list of improvements that I accidentally lost if someone just responded and acknowledged me, no one ever did.

Some people, like you, may think Arc is good and you're entitled to like it. That's fine. But don't tell us that we should like it too.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    sunbobsunbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The way I see it, Arc is a good thing for the game and PWE games in general. It will make things much more compact and efficient. I also love the interface, it only needs to be a little more structured. I love how the news is represented. I can't wait for all PWE games to be combined in to Arc. It will be like Steam but better. Who agrees? :D

I completely agree. Arc is very usefull and efficient, you even get goodies for using Arc! Everyone should use Arc.
    <Inserthere>
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sunbob wrote: »
    I completely agree. Arc is very usefull and efficient, you even get goodies for using Arc! Everyone should use Arc.

About your sig there...if STO was doing that bad, it deserves to die. But since we know it isn't...yeah, I call smurf.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The way I see it, Arc is a good thing for the game and PWE games in general. It will make things much more compact and efficient. I also love the interface, it only needs to be a little more structured. I love how the news is represented. I can't wait for all PWE games to be combined in to Arc. It will be like Steam but better. Who agrees? :D

I don't know if this is megatrolling or sarcasm, but there is nothing compact or efficient about ARC.

Takes multiple steps to get into STO with ARC, compared to just a double click with the existing launcher. And it hogs computer memory and bandwidth, which discriminates people who aren't wealthy enough own high end gaming rigs or lucky enough to have an ISP with unlimited bandwidth.

And the website takes you all over the place instead of simplistic function that the old STO website had that got you the information you needed at a glance.
    hravik wrote: »
    About your sig there...if STO was doing that bad, it deserves to die. But since we know it isn't...yeah, I call smurf.

At this rate STO should be shut down, there is nothing Star Trek anymore except the name and the occasional actor that played a part in the franchise.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have no issues with ARC. I am used to Steam and Raptr for other things and ARC does not strike me as being any more problematic them those systems. I am not currently using ARC, but I do understand that eventually it will be mandatory - just as the CPs to Zen, PWE Account Merge, and Forum changes were.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    not everything was bad in the GDR...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Arc is a great program and I cannot WAIT for it to be implemented. I think that players need to be more optimistic about it, because it is the way of the future for PWE games. This is a thread meant to point out the good parts of Arc and the bad parts. No doubt that there are bad parts, parts that need to be fixed. But if Arc is perfected, it will help bring all PWE games into a compact website. I hope that these forums also become a part of the Arc website, that would be awesome!

Overall, Arc is a great program and me and my friends support it. Although I may not agree with sunbob's signature, I do think that Arc will increase the amount of gamers across the world and bring more functionality to PWE. Me and my friends love Arc so much. Arc will help PWE too.

I FULLY support Arc and hope that people become optimistic about it.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc is a great program and I cannot WAIT for it to be implemented. I think that players need to be more optimistic about it, because it is the way of the future for PWE games. This is a thread meant to point out the good parts of Arc.

Well, you're not convincing me. ARC is an unnecessary resource hog that looks ugly and unprofessional and spies on my computer. I wouldn't download it for a free Galor and 500 ZEN.

A bugship, an account-wide JHDC unlock, a thousand lobi, a free LTS, and 10,000 ZEN, though...Yeah, I'd tolerate it, and just surf nothing but TRIBBLE, and use another computer to write my novel and stuff.

I CAN be bought. But the prices that they have offered so far are laughable.
  • Options
    agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc is a great program and I cannot WAIT for it to be implemented. I think that players need to be more optimistic about it, because it is the way of the future for PWE games. This is a thread meant to point out the good parts of Arc.

Look sir, I don't know which company your working for PWE or Cryptic, but your a propagandist and simply trying to start Pro ARC movement, so as to create opposition.

This is a strategy that has been used by governments the world over for years.

I am calling you on it, and I am telling anyone reading this thread that's what this is, this is not a real player but nothing more then a sham account, who's join date was set back to give it a semblance of legitimacy.

Folks, do not fall for it, the community is firmly against ARC and pretty much any Pro threads are creations of PWE.

And the fact that PWE is resorting to this only tells me, they are desperate to find some kind of approval for ARC.

Folks, PWE is going to institute ARC regardless of your distaste for it, much in the same way they have done all their other changes over your objections.

At some point the community will decide to abandon this game, and leave these greedy horrible people behind but not today.

But keep watch and learn the lessons that this game and everything PWE has done to teach us about the corprocratic system that has grown up around us. And hopefully use these lessons to curtail such behaviors in future games.

-AE
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Look sir, I don't know which company your working for PWE or Cryptic, but your a propagandist and simply trying to start Pro ARC movement, so as to create opposition.

I am calling you on it, and I am telling anyone reading this thread that's what this is, this is not a real player but nothing more then a sham account, who's join date was set back to give it a semblance of legitimacy.

Folks, do not fall for it, the community is firmly against ARC and pretty much any Pro threads are creations of PWE.

And the fact that PWE is resorting to this only tells me, they are desperate to find some kind of approval for ARC.

Folks, PWE is going to institute ARC regardless of your distaste for it, much in the same way they have done all their other changes over your objections.

At some point the community will decide to abandon this game, and leave these greedy horrible people behind but not today.

But keep watch and learn the lessons that this game and everything PWE has done to teach us about the corprocratic system that has grown up around us. And hopefully use these lessons to curtail such behaviors in future games.

-AE

Look up my forum name and go to the last page, which shows posts WAY before we even HEARD of Arc. I'm stating my opinion: I like Arc. If you don't, I will point out the good stuff but if you end up not agreeing, I'm perfectly OK with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

-AE
    Thank you Poster #10. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Thank you Poster #10. :)

LOL. I love that pic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

-AE

Sure does remind you of THIS guy. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Managing your Subscription should not be under Guides - you need to click on Guides, then Gold Subscription, then log into your Account from Sign Up Now. That is way too many steps. Account access should be available either from My Account under your Name or from a direct tab.

Plus when I see Guides I 'am think game and player guides rather then direct game/account material.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014

-AE

Run for President, and you'll have my vote! :P

@Cryptic: transparent ploy being transparent.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    That looks extremely suspect.

Again, some people don't want yet another piece of software to manage. Others don't find it useful even after trying it. Some find it meaningless since they already have a front end for managing games. Some don't trust the software yet, or may never will. These are valid arguments.

This would not have gotten the reaction it has if it was a simple unified patcher/launcher. But its trying to be way more than it needs to be.

once again you have no ground to stand on cause they have said over and over that one it is still beta and two down the road it is going to be a unified launcher/patcher.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    That don't listen to feedback.

People have told them we don't like it, they haven't said a word or even acknowledged that. They chugged on forward. I offered to retype a list of improvements that I accidentally lost if someone just responded and acknowledged me, no one ever did.

Some people, like you, may think Arc is good and you're entitled to like it. That's fine. But don't tell us that we should like it too.
    This is not feedback. This is a temper tantrum.

I have provided feedback, describing to PWE my experiences with Arc. Since there has not been a new iteration yet (it's been less than a month, after all), I have no idea if they're addressing my issues, which primarily have to do with running the program on an older computer. However, if said issues are not addressed, well, I always have Steam, which doesn't cause me any of the runtime issues.

Advertising I don't mind. It helps pay for the game, so I don't have to. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    voporak wrote: »

I'm stating that I support Arc. I'm not telling you that you should like it too.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mwaldron99 wrote: »
    People hate Steam, Origin, Uplay - for some reason.

Anything that organizes a twisted crazy hard disk into categories isn't bad. In fact, Arc isn't a virus or anything, it's very helpful as a news reader and feature announcements.

One true thing, people will hate. But that makes them happy. let them hate. Make your own decision, let it not be changed with any hater.

Just how it is, sorry some won't like arc no matter if it came with a free lifetime sub.

Im sorry but these programs do not defragment your hard drive. They waste precious ram that could go towards making the game run smoother.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I They waste precious ram that could go towards making the game run smoother.

Except in realty, they have little to no effect what so ever, the only way they would have any real effect is f you are using a old computer that has some issues playing the game in the first place.

They are useful for those who do play multiple games, for example i Play Neverwinter as well and it is easier to deal with one big launcher instead of multiple launchers dev side
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would not say its a good thing but I don't see it as the 100% evil spawn of hell some people make it out to be.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't see the problem. I just force shut down ARC when playing.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
This discussion has been closed.