Install Arc
Options

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll stick with Steam, thanks.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Because I don't think my feedback has been enough just yet.

If PWE designed a corkscrew, it would look like this.

-snort-

Good, but not quite- that picture would be "the current scope of development." The final version would be so overblown that it would take 2 days for 4 men to dismantle it enough to get to the wine bottle. And it would only open said bottle 7 times per 10 tries. :D
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Worst Idea, ever. So not user-friendly. Also... this arcOSBrower process. Not impressed in the slightest... I can only imagine the data mining. I installed it only for game access, not access to anything else. Totally going to steam.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Make sure to disable this start up entry if you don't want arc plugin on your browser

No Plugin ArcPlugin 1.0.0.1 Perfect World Entertainment Inc default Firefox 27.0.1 d:\games\Perfect World Entertainment\Arc\Plugins\npArcPluginFF.dll
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Make sure to disable this start up entry if you don't want arc plugin on your browser

No Plugin ArcPlugin 1.0.0.1 Perfect World Entertainment Inc default Firefox 27.0.1 d:\games\Perfect World Entertainment\Arc\Plugins\npArcPluginFF.dll

Hehe cheers ;) I investigated this before and went ahead and deleted it. Thank you tho, really appreciate that.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Blame the Arc website for that one. The wiki link targets a new blank tab, which the Arc client apparently doesn't have.
    <a target="_blank" data-trusted="0" href="http://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page#">Wiki</a&gt;

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Well that's a pain.

There is! You can do this by hitting shift + tab. It'll bring up the overlay, where you can access the forums, Zen, support, etc. Just click any of the buttons at the bottom, and let it load. From there you can stay on their respective page or use it as you would any other browser.

As for everyone's concern regarding Steam, I'll leave this here from our Arc FAQ:

"Will it still be possible to launch my game through Steam without Arc?

The current scope of development does not involve any changes to Steam."

You can find the FAQ here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3028293-arc-faq#Steam
    You're halfway there. As I said the resource I use the most is the STO wiki, which opens up in my Firefox instead of in Arc, which is redundant. I'd be much cooler with Arc if you had that functionality.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    temp3rustemp3rus Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Trying to find the dev blogs about the Andorian vessels but it's sending me in loops, any idea if this issue will be fixed?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The web browser in Arc doesn't have tabs. I usually keep multiple tabs open in my Firefox web browser for various reasons, but I can't find a way to do that in Arc.

It would make things nicer and easier if you guys could add that in. :) Because there are no tabs I can't use it.

Edit: Oh, and, uh.....(an ad blocker would be nice :D)
  • Options
    tareruntaliontareruntalion Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i am trying to read the dev blogs about the hirogen things with the lockbox lobi etc using the dev blog index and the blogs load perfectly except the damn pop up and redirect to the damn arc webpage which is horrible at best, good job pwe
  • Options
    sparkiesoftsparkiesoft Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Well that's a pain.

You're halfway there. As I said the resource I use the most is the STO wiki, which opens up in my Firefox instead of in Arc, which is redundant. I'd be much cooler with Arc if you had that functionality.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding so correct me if I'm wrong. However, I had no trouble opening the STO wiki while playing STO through the Arc overlay browser. The only thing I can think of is that you have it bookmarked and somehow it's redirecting you to your bookmark instead of opening it up in the browser overlay. (Note, I did a manual search for it as seen in the gif)
    The web browser in Arc doesn't have tabs. I usually keep multiple tabs open in my Firefox web browser for various reasons, but I can't find a way to do that in Arc.

It would make things nicer and easier if you guys could add that in. :) Because there are no tabs I can't use it.

There should be tabs in the overlay. When you have a tab open, the plus sign to the far right of the current tab, should open another tab for you just as it would in any browser.

That said, I added a gif that shows how I did it, so if I'm off base, let me know and I'll see what else I can do to help.

Here you go: http://imgur.com/WIgI2pL

Edit: As a side note, i just realized you may be talking about Arc while not in-game, in which you are both correct. That said, These are good suggestions and I'll go ahead and forward them to the rest of team.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Actually the in-game ARC browser does have tabs. Just click the + sign to the right of the tab you have opened.

To the other poster that had the wiki open in your web browser. When you are in-game and you use the arc overlay to open the arc in-game browser. If you are on the arc games website and then click the wiki link it will open a new tab in the in-game arc browser and take you to the wiki.

But if you are opening the wiki from the arc client itself while you are not logged into a game at all and using the arc client from your desktop then yes it will open the wiki in your web browser.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    (Note, I did a manual search for it as seen in the gif)

I do believe he means he clicked on the Wiki link from the banner on the Arc site, which you didn't do in your gif. I notice you are running a small resolution there (maybe only for the purpose of the gif recording) but it's under the More link. As I said in my other post, that link targets a new tab and I guess the Arc client's inbuilt browser doesn't know how to do that. (Although I don't have the Arc client so I can't check myself.)

http://i.imgur.com/9L0zcFx.jpg

-edit- Oops I got ninja'd

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding so correct me if I'm wrong. However, I had no trouble opening the STO wiki while playing STO through the Arc overlay browser. The only thing I can think of is that you have it bookmarked and somehow it's redirecting you to your bookmark instead of opening it up in the browser overlay. (Note, I did a manual search for it as seen in the gif)

There should be tabs in the overlay. When you have a tab open, the plus sign to the far right of the current tab, should open another tab for you just as it would in any browser.

That said, I added a gif that shows how I did it, so if I'm off base, let me know and I'll see what else I can do to help.

Here you go: http://imgur.com/WIgI2pL

Edit: As a side note, i just realized you may be talking about Arc while not in-game, in which you are both correct. That said, These are good suggestions and I'll go ahead and forward them to the rest of team.

So the Arc overlay and the arc that I open the game from are different. Fascinating.
    Alright, I'll try it tomorrow morning and get back to you. Thanks for the prompt response.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll be honest I find the whole arc browser thing to be quite annoying trying to figure out whats old news and what is new news. Since it throws blogs like it could be showing you a new dev blog but its an old one and you have to look around at all the boxes to see which one is the latest and then sometimes the latest one doesn't even show up until days later after its said to be published.

I just hope season 9 interests me to some degree because if I end up uninstalling all this it'll be for good since I'll just go all in another game if I start to loose interest here.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I need to know from the cryptic team, and this is very important concerning this issue for me!

(1) Will I still be able to play STO and Champs without ARC once it becomes law? I still have my old launcher.

(2) Also, will I be able to buy zen without using ARC?

(3) Once ARC turns its attention to other games, will this take more away from STO projects both future and present?

(4) The lifetime sub I bought back when it was just Cryptic, was the user agreement/contract and policies voided once my account was erased and rewritten to make a new account to PWE?

(5) Will my account be forced to be redone once again to accommodate the new owners of STO and CHamps?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    There is NO new owner. arcgames.com is still Cryptic/PWE
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »
    I need to know from the cryptic team, and this is very important concerning this issue for me!

(1) Will I still be able to play STO and Champs without ARC once it becomes law? I still have my old launcher.

(2) Also, will I be able to buy zen without using ARC?

(3) Once ARC turns its attention to other games, will this take more away from STO projects both future and present?

(4) The lifetime sub I bought back when it was just Cryptic, was the user agreement/contract and policies voided once my account was erased and rewritten to make a new account to PWE?

(5) Will my account be forced to be redone once again to accommodate the new owners of STO and CHamps?

(1) Cryptic has stated multiple times that there are no plans to change things for Steam users. If you're not using steam you will have no choice to use Arc once it fully rolls out in the future.

(2) You will be able to buy Zen through http://www.arcgames.com/en/. I'm not sure if you would still be able to buy it through the PWE website anymore once Arc rolls out fully and everything is changed over. Hell, the PWE website might be moved to Arc just like the websites for STO and all other games have already.

(3) Cryptic has stated multiple times already that NOBODY ON THE CRYPTIC DEVELOPEMENT STAFF are working on Arc. Arc is NOT being developed by Cryptic. It is being developed by somebody else for PWE. This means that nothing will change with STO's development, other than improvements on how they do things.

(4) They have the right to change their user agreements, terms of service, etc., anytime they want without prior notice. It's standard to have such agreements say so, and their agreement has always said as such. Nothing is voided. You simply agree to abide by any new changes to the agreement to play the game, or don't agree and play something else. It's that simple. But any other MMO is gonna be the same situation.

(5) What new owners of STO and Champions Online? Cryptic still owns those games and develops them. I haven't heard anything about them being sold to another company. I'm not sure what you mean by being forced to redo your account. You won't lose anything when Arc fully rolls out. You'll just have extra software on your computer that gives you extra features for the game(s) and the Arc website will be a pain in the TRIBBLE to navigate, just like it is now. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My fleet has a website where we include widgets that link to RSS feeds from STO's website. But now when we click on them, they pop up the ARC interface to the ARC's site and not to the particular news feed that the link was supposed to go to.

Anyone know how to get our STO RSS feeds to work again?

Thanks
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    That sir was absolutely priceless, although I almost sprayed coffee all over my rig laughing this morning.

Cherry Coke Zero here. Good stuff; the joke, and the drink. Expensive keyboard, too; glad I held it together.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How much time do I havel eft to play then?

I'm going to keep my account STO, ARC, I'm hoping someday, after this none-sense is over with I can return to my game! Without your interference!! If you want my feedback ARC, dont take away my launchers ability to let me in a game I paid money, good money, to play long before you came along! I'm NOT going to use your launcher or anything by you guys! I WILL NOT use ARC to buy zen ether! I was hoping that enough fans of STO resisting would make a difference, but I realize the fear of being cut off from your game gives them the power to choose your destiny, as well as mine. This agros me to no end, I am such a fan of STO....and you have robbed me of it ARC, UNforgivable!!!
  • Options
    pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But where is www.startrekonline.com ?! :(:(

Just a website for star trekkers onliners speaking about the game. No more.
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I'm going to keep my account STO, ARC, I'm hoping someday, after this none-sense is over with I can return to my game! Without your interference!! If you want my feedback ARC, dont take away my launchers ability to let me in a game I paid money, good money, to play long before you came along! I'm NOT going to use your launcher or anything by you guys! I WILL NOT use ARC to buy zen ether! I was hoping that enough fans of STO resisting would make a difference, but I realize the fear of being cut off from your game gives them the power to choose your destiny, as well as mine. This agros me to no end, I am such a fan of STO....and you have robbed me of it ARC, UNforgivable!!!

Why are you talking like STO is going away?! It's just a Launcher, not anything else, not the end of the world! This has really gotten into Drama Queen levels and it's really reaching headdesking levels!
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pedrobob wrote: »
    But where is www.startrekonline.com ?! :(:(

Just a website for star trekkers onliners speaking about the game. No more.

You're looking at it. The message board. Ta-da!
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really do not like this tile layout for the website - i cannot find the news articles/patch notes nor access lots of features that existed on the old website (tribble transfer, account unlocks/codes). Why arent the news articles listed vertically down a page - this is what scrolling was INVENTED for. If it isn't broke - dont 'fix' it....

Also, it does not view properly on my mobile (nokia windows 7 phone) with all the images and text squashed up on the left hand site (completely unusable - where as the old website worked just fine). Since the arcgames domain is blocked from my work computer (in a way that the old STO site was not) i can now not access anything when I am away from home (which is most of the time). I can seriously see this negatively affecting my overall enagagement in the game to the point where I cannot even be bothered to keep up to date with what is going on.

This is the Legacy of Arc - veterans and paying players losing interest and finding something else to do with their time and money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited February 2014

What are you going on about. STO is not going anywhere, STO is not been shut down, STO still can be played. Eventually ARC will be a single launcher platform for all of PWE/Cryptic games meaning that ARC will launch STO without opening a second launcher. But that doesn't mean you will not be able to play STO. You are NOT being cut off from the game.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Might not get fixed until after the Arc site exits beta.. or ever..

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As a lifetime subscriber...and paying customer...

I do not want this new format known as Arc Games

Thank You for your consideration
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • Options
    chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well just finished testing arc...and all ill say is a BIG FAT NO THANKS :eek:
    4058756.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,398 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chivs116 wrote: »
    Well just finished testing arc...and all ill say is a BIG FAT NO THANKS :eek:
    If that's all you'll say, then you're not being any help.

Get used to it, folks - one day, the standalone launcher will fall. On that day, you'll use either Steam or Arc, or you won't play. If you provide feedback on Arc's actual functionality before that day, you may contribute to its improvement. But Canute could not order the tide to stop, and you cannot order PWE not to execute a plan they've announced repeatedly for at least the past year.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
This discussion has been closed.