What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #27

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have a question, i earned the corvette from the summer event and when i used it i hated it, very high turn rate, can't take many hits, has cannons etc and as a result i haven't touched it in ages. i like cruisers beams big slow moving and with low turn rate ships, so is there any chance that i will like this ship even a little or should i go for the chel grett ?

Do the cell grett man..

This new one will be popping even more then the corvette
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Flanking? seriously? It's a lame mechanic on ground and even moreso for space with 360 degree equal shield facings. The flanking damage mechanic should just be removed from both ground and space. ground flanking already has an advantage of not being shot at that is realitic It doesnt need some unbelievable magic more damage shots.

Just remove the flanking damage bonus and make it evasion. That makes more sense for space. + XX% evasion to self - XX% evasion to target. for ground it doesnt need any flanking mechanic added.

This /10chars
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Most people who get this ship will never touch PvP - but will be quickly spanked by the Borg they were used to owning in their oddy. I expect quite a few forum tears starting in 26 days.

The school of knocks is an excellent way to learn to PvE?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A slow ship like a cruiser isn't going to be able to do a damn thing about it, not when the aggressor gets to pick the attack vector and has twice the turn rate to stay there as long as they like. About the only counter I can think of is get friends to rescue you (repeatedly), and if you're a misanthrope then you may as well not even try playing, since who likes being nothing but a big fat target all the time? The only thing this buff helps is vapers, and the game needs less of those not more.

There are ways to get rid of them. TB, EWP, missiles in the rear, evasives, and dont fly big honkin battleships.
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have a question, i earned the corvette from the summer event and when i used it i hated it, very high turn rate, can't take many hits, has cannons etc and as a result i haven't touched it in ages. i like cruisers beams big slow moving and with low turn rate ships, so is there any chance that i will like this ship even a little or should i go for the chel grett ?

really? a fleetmate of mine rocks the corvette and it survives :D
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Snip...

They just get to do extra "butt" damage now.....

Surprize Buttsecks! no coming to a PvP near you! ;)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are ways to get rid of them. TB, EWP, missiles in the rear, evasives, and dont fly big honkin battleships.

Don't forget aux2dampeners and the evasive+engine battery trick. There used to be this one thread thats now archived but it explained how in a negh'var for example how you can use 2 copies of aux2dampeners since the ship is already so heavy on inertia on how you can turn it like you can a shuttle which still works. People just need to be more intune with the ships they use since everyone cries over balance issues all the time and this solves one of the KDF balance issues with the bops so there should be more thanking cryptic than dismissing it before it ever goes live.

I've only seen one thank you so far for atleast one raider which is free to be obtained by federation characters. As a mostly KDF player I do thank Cryptic for this as long as it comes :) LOL
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm excited about the new ship and the new 2-piece set bonus but I wish there was a mk XII upgrade option of the Breen deflector/engines/shields set. The mk XI is okay but not great, and it's silly that there is no bonus for using the Breen deflector/engines/shileds set on a Breen ship. I mean, the Jem'Hadar 3-piece set gets a bonus on Jem'Hadar ships.

In any case, cool stuff.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know it's probably about the stupidest nitpick ever but it really bothers me that in the rear shot, the lower wing has an obvious impulse engine but no engine trail.

Beyond that, definitely gonna enjoy giving this a go, and using the Breen bridge on my Chel!
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I made a comparison in my earlier post between the Corvette and the Plesh Brek.

My Corvette is a getaway build - there's no shield like 10.1 kilometers.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You're going to be disappointed, then: The ability to change your bridge is currently completely hosed and reports on this matter have been completely ignored.

Yeah, if you buy a C-Store bridge, you can't actually use what you paid for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You're going to be disappointed, then: The ability to change your bridge is currently completely hosed and reports on this matter have been completely ignored.

Welcome to the KDF :)

Errr Welcome to STO... same thing now anyways.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2013

If you like Cruisers even the Chel Gret may be too fast and maneuverable for you, but, yes, as others have said, if you prefer cruisers this Plesh Brek Heavy Raider isn't for you, don't even bother with it.

For me, I love the Corvette! As much fun as this ship looks like I won't be giving up my Corvette or my JHAS for it. I'm just having too much fun! :D
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013

I've seen you mention this a few times, and I thought I replied once but I can't find the post, so maybe I didn't.

Changing bridges is working fine -- I just tested changing bridges on 2 of my Klingon and Federation characters. Are you hitting the "purchase" button before exiting the ship tailor, and not just "save"? Have you tried changing your other characters' bridges?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've seen you mention this a few times, and I thought I replied once but I can't find the post, so maybe I didn't.

Changing bridges is working fine -- I just tested changing bridges on 2 of my Klingon and Federation characters. Are you hitting the "purchase" button before exiting the ship tailor, and not just "save"? Have you tried changing your other characters' bridges?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

the tailor is bugged, sometimes you cant change anything

UNTIL

you hit the randomize button, that fixes it
  • Options
    starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just tried it on my Mrror Qin, worked fine for me.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't had a problem changing bridges on any ship yet, even KDF ones. Of course none of my costume slots are bugged, either.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hate to say this, but i'm actually pretty disappointed that Flank damage is the big thing for raiders. I was really hoping for something that hasn't been a part of the game for years already. In ground combat it makes sense, but not as much so with space though.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I hate to say this, but i'm actually pretty disappointed that Flank damage is the big thing for raiders. I was really hoping for something that hasn't been a part of the game for years already. In ground combat it makes sense, but not as much so with space though.

If you look at it from the perspective of the bird of preys and for most part have been more about piloting/player skill than anything else. Also that its a way existing tech can be used to bring them on par with the new mold that was created. I would think it makes perfect sense to the fact that its not anywhere on the weight class of a cruiser or battle cruiser but if used properly it can take them on.
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does the ship have a unique prefix, something like CSS (Confederacy StarShip) or BSS (Breen Starship)?

Great to see the nimble ship put in the spotlight again. :cool:
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    By the way: for those interested in playing this Raider as you would a KDF BoP, it has an extra ensign slot compared to BoP's. Particularly with the boosts Romulans and their boffs get to stealth, you could consider using the extra ensign to run MES and pretend you have a cloak :P
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The new Breen ship sounds interesting, but I already know what a Chel can do (got one last Xmas) and am going to get another for my new Cardassian-like toon. Now I need to decide just going for the new one with last years toon and just get the two set bonus or go with a new toon just for this lighter weight Breen ship. Winter event is fun, but not three toon fun. :P
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or 14 toon fun.

Still feel these things should be reclaimable account unlocks, but meh, that's never gonna happen.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Flanking damage makes perfect sense to me as a dynamic for a class of ship designed for fast or surprise attacks and Targ pack tactics.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I haven't been able to change my bridge ever since getting my Fleet HEC, which is annoying since now I can't use my paid for Belfast bridge
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Flanking damage makes perfect sense to me as a dynamic for a class of ship designed for fast or surprise attacks and Targ pack tactics.

Agreed. ... It's a way to give a bonus to what these ships were designed for in a game that doesn't generally support such tactics.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was so excited about this ship until I saw it wasn't an end game ship (T4 at best). Therefore, it's useless.

FAIL. Should have made it a T5 ship.
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    towani wrote: »
    I was so excited about this ship until I saw it wasn't an end game ship (T4 at best). Therefore, it's useless.

FAIL. Should have made it a T5 ship.

It IS an end game ship ... It's like any of the lockbox ships .... available once you hit the rank of Admiral or General ...

But it IS the same as a lockbox ship. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    It IS an end game ship ... It's like any of the lockbox ships .... available once you hit the rank of Admiral or General ...

But it IS the same as a lockbox ship. :)

WOW. If I got a ship from a lockbox that was Hull Strength: 29,700
    Shield Modifier: 0.88 - I'd be REALLY UPSET! That's terrible.
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    towani wrote: »
    WOW. If I got a ship from a lockbox that was Hull Strength: 29,700
    Shield Modifier: 0.88 - I'd be REALLY UPSET! That's terrible.

Its actually got more hull than a Bird of Prey which is another raider style ship.

It comes down to this being a lock box raider. Not all ships are for everyone ... I personally don't like sci ships but that's me.